This position prepares and delivers a product for shipments to customers, and/or pulls stored or work-in-process materials for work centers and moves to production or shipping area, in conjunction with United Alloy manufacturing philosophies.
Hours: Monday through Friday (2pm – 10pm) Mandatory overtime can occur.
Pay; $15.31 per hour + $3.00 per hour night shift premium = $18.31 per hour
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
- Valid driver license is required (3 years semi infraction, not revocation)
- Certified fork truck driving with at least one year of experience
- Experience operating LP gas driven fork trucks
- Experience moving at least 1,000 lbs or more with a fork truck
- Must possess the ability to operate overhead cranes, bander, shrink wrapper, forklift, tape measures and calipers.
- Must be able to determine material types and gauges
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds with an assist
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Must perform all duties in conjunction with UA and ISO requirements.
- Required — High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Pulls stored materials for orders and moves to production or shipping area
- Able to identify materials using part numbers
- Accurately counts raw materials
- Supplies work area with materials
- Performs kitting responsibilities as required
- Documents information related to the material handling of goods
- Issues raw material to jobs and performs location transfers in Job Boss accurately and timely
- Accurately counts and tags material prior to material handling
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures clear and clean pathways to and from all outside and inside exits on the production floor daily.
- Follows safe manufacturing and material handling practices.
NOTE: Given the nature/size of our product and customer requirements, we require a stringent hiring process to ensure the highest quality product. Qualified candidates must successfully complete:
Basic Skills/Measurement Test | Forktruck Written & Driving Exam | Pre-Employment Physical & Drug Screen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position levels within United Alloy is based on skill set | Hourly compensation is based on experience
Tuition reimbursement assistance for experienced employees
Competitive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Several bonus opportunities to earn THOUSANDS of dollars, including the Employee Loyalty Program, Referral Program, Perfect Attendance Program and more
Given the nature/size of our product and customer requirements, we require a stringent hiring process to ensure the highest quality product.