• Taught a diverse population of students incorporating a higher order of thinking for each student by getting them to think on their own as well as solve problems while working cooperatively
• Developed curriculum as well as weekly plans for learning activities that assisted students in advancing their social, cognitive, motor and physical development; reviewed outcome of programs, tracked/monitored results and provided improvement recommendations
• Incorporated interesting projects that transformed student assignments into everyday life situations that interested students
• Maximized students' learning by creating an organized and enriching learning environment with the use of technology, hands-on strategies, interactive problem-solving approaches and other research/resource-based practices
• Communicated with parents regarding progress, behavior and absenteeism; met with parents to uncover and resolve issues
• Teacher of the Year 2017-18
• Reading Conference Demonstration Teacher
• UTeach Cooperating Teacher
• Team Leader
- 2nd-Grade Teacher at Odom Elementary/AISD
- ESL 1st-3rd Grade Teacher at TA Brown Elementary/AISD
- 4th-Grade Teacher at Sims Elementary/AISD
- 2ndand 3rd Grade Teacher at River Oaks Elementary/PISD
6 years at this Job
- B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies - TECHNOLOGY
Jersey City, NJ
- Academic Intervention Teacher at Jersey City Global Charter School
- Substitute Teacher at Source 4 Teachers, Ocean County, NJ
- Substitute Teacher at Source 4 Teachers, Ocean County, NJ
- Long-Term Kindergarten Teacher at Jersey City Global Charter School
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
Oversee service department customer service representatives and technicians. Ensure high level of accuracy and customer experience. Handle larger accounts. Facilitates pricing models. Training manager and developer. Social Media coordinator. Logistics and flow of information. May 2013 - May 2015 ... Preventative Maintenance Coordinator May 2015 - Sept 2017 ... Lead Dispatcher & Account Manager Sept 2017 - Present ....... Operations Manager
- Operations Manager at Betlem Residential Heating & Air Conditioning
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk at Hi-Heat Industries, Inc.
- Waitress at Denny's Restaurant
- English Language Learner Paraprofessional at Converse County School District #1
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate in Progress - Civil Engineering
- Associate - Interdisciplinary Arts
• Assisted main 4th-grade teacher by working with small groups or individual students.
• Taught guest lectures to STEM classes about the opportunities and challenges of engineering
- Assistant Teacher, 4 Grade at HALB Elementary School
- Structural Engineer at WSP
- Assistant Project Manager at Columbia University Manhattanville
- Assistant Engineer at Turner Construction Company
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineerin
- Bachelor of Arts degree
• Trained and managed over 50 active volunteers.
• Input and managed data using political database.
• Completed over 100 calls daily to recruit new volunteers.
• Created bi-weekly newsletters to inform local electorate of issues and events.
• Organized volunteers to participate in parades, fairs, and Farmer's Markets to increase Democratic Candidate visibility and expand messaging.
- Field Organizer at Montana Democrats
- at Griswold Elementary School
- 3rd-Grade Teacher at Success Preparatory Academy
- Receptionist and Substitute Teacher at New London Public Schools
5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism - Journalism
Create lesson plans for weekly creative drumming instruction
• Assist 4th-grade Teacher by tutoring, grading papers, and monitoring activities
- Practicum / Volunteer at Positive Tomorrows
- Lead Custodian at City of Edmond
- Volunteer Coordinator at S.E.E.D.S Program
- Sociology Tutor at S.E.E.D.S Program
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology-Human Services
My primary goal is to help students learn in core educational subjects such as math, science, reading/vocabulary, social studies, and the arts. Duties of a 4th-grade teacher include grading assignments, administering standardized tests, establishing and enforcing behavioral expectations, conducting parent conferences, and collaborating with other teachers.
- Elementary Education Teacher at Forest Grove School District
7 years at this Job
- Master of Curriculum and Instruction - STEM Education; Online Teaching and Learning
- Bachelor of Science
Taught the CAS (Colorado Academic Standards) in all subjects: reading & writing (whole-group and small-group, within the framework of the ReadyGEN Literacy Program), math, science, social studies, social-emotional wellness, and multisensory language instruction. ❖ As part of a three-year dyslexia task force, worked with a team to employ screening tools and research-based interventions to support students with dyslexia or other reading-based learning differences and to target instruction to meet students' needs. ❖ Administered i-Ready Adaptive Diagnostic Reading and Math online progress monitoring assessments; compiled & analyzed data reports to build differentiated, targeted instruction for each student. ❖ Created and used formative assessments (i.e., Quick Writes, exit tickets, etc.) to monitor student progress in reading, writing, and math to guide instruction for each student; prepared/supported students for end-of-year CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success) standardized testing. ❖ As member of the Technology Committee, served as liaison between the district and the school staff to follow and communicate district expectations regarding technology standards and policies.
- 4th-Grade Classroom Teacher at Hygiene Elementary School, Hygiene, CO
- Special Education Teacher at Hygiene Elementary School
- 4th Grade Classroom Teacher at Central Elementary School
- Childcare Director & Enrichment Coordinator at Community School Program, St. Vrain Valley School District
9 months at this Job
- Master of Education Credits - Middle Grades Education Program
- Bachelor of Arts - English
•Collaborated closely with partner 4th-grade teacher
•Taught reading and writing to both 4th-grade classes along with math, vocabulary, and grammar
•Served as 4th-grade representative on year long school-wide writing committee
•Utilized 1:1 student laptops to teach writing and encourage students to deeply explore topics related to our novel studies
•Worked closely with the Student Support Team and the Social and Emotional Counselor to ensure that individual student needs were being met
•Developed and maintained close relationships with students’ parents
•Developed daily lesson plans through Planbookedu.com for instructional purposes
- 4th Grade Teacher at High Point Academy
- 1st and 3rd Grade Teacher at Meridian International School, Prague, Czech Republic
- 5th Grade Student Teacher at Washington Elementary School
- ESL Student Teacher at Washington Elementary School
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Clear California Teaching Credential - Education
- Master of Education
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential - Education
- B.S. Liberal Studies - Education
Instructed 32 years, as a 2nd, 3rd and then 4th-grade teacher for the Pocatello School District #25 (Jefferson Elementary and Indian Hills Elementary schools, respectively). Targeted multiple types of learners while balancing work time with opportunities for students to observe, question, investigate and be actively engaged in the learning process.. Established clear objectives for projects, while communicating with students, coworkers, and parents, to achieve understanding of grading rubrics and overall class expectations. Presented and implemented interactive learning mediums to increase understanding of student materials. Established and enforced rules for behavior and procedures in order to maintain structure in the classroom. Regularly communicated using tables and graphs to inform parents about student issues, sharing weaknesses as well as areas of strength. Collaborated with teams of dedicated professionals who are committed to giving their students the best possible future.
• Wrote and received multiple grants for technology use and introduction in the classroom as well as grants funding art education.
• Coordinated special events and speakers for in-depth furthering of education on a variety of topics including health, arts, history, ecology, science and language arts.
• Arranged for special volunteers to assist with individual students providing reading practice and comprehension guidance.
• Developed innovative course plans to meet the academic, intellectual and social needs of students.
• Nominated every year for the Simplot Teacher Award since the inception of the award .
• Bachelor of Education Degree, plus 60 graduate credits and a 4.00 GPA
- RETIRED EDUCATOR/TEACHER at Pocatello/Chubbuck School District
32 years, 1 month at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Elementary Education