Yearbook adviser and editor
Teaches Journalism and Photojournalism
Responsible for teaching courses related to media and communications, including journalism, broadcasting, TV and radio, social media, and marketing and public relations.
• Instruct students on subjects such as media relations, journalism, broadcasting, TV, and radio.
• Provide instruction on how to obtain a job in the communications field.
• Teach students how to communicate using clear, concise language.
• Hold seminars and lectures at local organizations.
• Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
• Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
• Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
• Read and stay abreast of current topics in communications.
• Create lesson plans.
• Utilize various curriculum resources.
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
• Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
• Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
• Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
• Utilize public library resources.
• Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
• Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Journalism Teacher at Lubbock Independent School District
- Science Teacher at Brownfield ISD
- Teacher at Tas Montessori
- Stylist at Davids Bridal
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Advertising
* Train, supervise, and mentor of all training staff within the unit; * Develop and implement training programs specific to elder abuse, fraud, and neglect; * Serve as a guest lecturer at various universities to provide training on elder abuse. * Develop and facilitate team meetings and workshops to improve teaching and learning approaches regarding Medicaid policy and procedures to law enforcement and prosecutors; * Develop vulnerable adults, fraud, abuse, and neglect curriculum for Maryland Ombudsman, Adult Protective Services, Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities that receive Medicaid waivers. * Lead and assist in facilitating new faculty orientations at Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities; * Lead departmental education leadership committees as an advocate for vulnerable adults; * Ensures compliance with all state and federal policies and guidelines as stated in the office policy handbook; * Fosters open lines of communications among nursing homes and assisted living staff; and, * Attend community meetings and events to promote an awareness of Elder Abuse in the State of Maryland.
- Education and Community Outreach Cordinator at Maryland Office of the Attorney General
- Chief Gang Investigator/ Law Enforcement and Community Engagement Coordinator at Maryland Office of the Attorney General
- Adjunct Instructor - College of Technology at Wilminton University
- Chief of Public Safety & Education Coordinator at Baltimore City
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Organizational Management
- Doctorate - Organizational Leadership, Learning and Innovation
- Ed. S - Educational Leadership Specialist
- Master of Arts - Worship Leadership
- Master's - Elementary Education (33 Hours)
- Bachelor of Science - Interdisciplinary Studies
• 3rd grade Teacher- Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social studies
• Pre-K- 8th grade Math Tutor
- 5th-grade Teacher- Math/Science at THE LEARNING SPOT
- Freelance Makeup Artist at Self employed
- Preschool Teacher at KEY POINT CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELORS IN APPLIED SCIENCE - Business Supervision and Management
- ASSOCIATE IN ARTS - Mass Communication
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Duties consist of creating full lesson plans based off the California Common Core State Standards, and executing effectively. Maintaining classroom management and keeping students engaged in the material they are learning on the daily basis. Help students develop emotional, mental, physical and academic success.
- 5th-Grade Teacher at Wilder's Preparatory Academy
- Police Officer at Pacific at Los Angeles Police Department
- Assistant at Claxton Childcare Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Ed.D - Leadership
- M.A. - Leadership and Organizational Studies
- - APM Law Firm
- B.A. - Communication Studies
teach reading, writing, and spelling to homeroom and science to all three fifth-grade sections * Member of Science Curriculum Committee, School Safety Team, and Mountain Park Sunshine Committee
- 5th-grade teacher at Mountain Park School
- at Mountain Park School
- Cooperating teacher for student teacher at Mountain Park School
- 2nd-grade teacher at Mountain Park School
13 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters in Teaching - Teaching
- BA in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
Managed a classroom of over 35 students. The duties of a classroom teacher are all-encompassing.
- 5TH-GRADE TEACHER at YOUNG SCHOLAR'S ACADEMY
- 6TH GRADE TEACHER at CAMP MOHAVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- 6th grade teacher at NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY
3 years at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
5th-grade teacher -Language Arts Reading & Writing, Social Studies classroom teacher
- Teacher at Carrizo Springs CISD
- Electronics, Breathing Air, H2S Technician at Total Safety US, Inc.
- Bilingual Teacher at Spring ISD, Conroe ISD
- Graphic Designer and Prepress Operator at Printing Plus - Digital Prepress
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Music
- Diploma - High School
since 2009), previously 2nd Grade/Physical Education Teacher/Math Interventionist - - - Every year since 2009-10 have had at least 1 student who gained 2 levels on State Tests (FCAT and FSA) in either Math or Reading (i.e. Level 1 to Level 3 - Level 2 to Level 4, or Level 3 to Level 5).
• *2006-07 official leave from MDCPS to teach Physical Education at Pembroke Pines Charter Elementary
- Presently 5th-Grade Teacher at MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (MDCPS)
- Teacher at MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (MDCPS)
- Adjunct Professor at Nova Southeastern University
- Physical Education Teacher at MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (MDCPS)
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Spanish
- Ed.D. - Child and Youth Studies
- M.S. - Sports Administration
- B.S.P.E. - Physical Education
- High School Diploma
5th-grade teacher for all subjects, started as a student teacher in January 2015, taught 8th-grade Math summer school in June 2015, full-time teacher since August 2015
- Teacher at Anderson Preparatory Academy
- Renewal Specialist at Unified Group Services
- Freelance Sportswriter at The Herald Bulletin
- Customer Service Representative at Affiliated Computer Services
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications and Journalism
• Created instructional slide shows to be used by multiple schools for the EL Literacy Program
• Designed intriguing 5th-grade social studies projects to correlate with a Washington D.C. field trip
• Incorporated the use of technology and apps into a variety of real-world lessons
- 3rd-Grade Teacher at Brier Creek Elementary
- 4th-Grade Teacher at Charter Day School
- 3rd-Grade Teacher at Walter L. Parsley Elementary School
- 3rd-Grade Teacher at Dixon Road Elementary School
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Language and Literacy - Language and Literacy
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education - Elementary Education