• Provide academic support, guidance and/or oversight to education/training programs and/or instructors
• Compile data, generate reports, and respond to internal/external customers’ needs in relation to academia of VAAA training
• Assist programs with accreditation process to obtain National Accreditation of the VA Acquisitions Academy to include conducting interviews, research, and analysis
• Works closely with programs to provide L1 - L3 assessments of tests and other instruments to measure students achievement and the adequacy of instruction
• Assist team lead with standards development and maintenance of Academy Standards
• Works cooperatively with stakeholders
• Input training data into LCMS for reusable training solutions
• Work with Metric that Matters system to provide evaluation data to stakeholders and analyze the results
• Assist staff with software (Microsoft Office, Sharepoint) issues
- Academic Administrator at Sterling Heritage
- Training Coordinator at Digicon Corporation
- Training Administrator / Deputy Chief at Civilian
- Training Specialist at Civilian
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Education
Responsible for all aspects of the undergraduate academic programs; including recruitment, scheduling, registration, grading and record-keeping. Work closely with members of the department to ensure the success of students and academic programs.
• Directed the implementation of a web-based academic database to be utilized by students, advisors and staff.
• Organize and lead community-building and student engagement events to improve students' experience in the department.
• Key player in the planning and implementation of curriculum updates for two of our undergraduate programs.
• Redesigned undergraduate website to better serve the needs of students and faculty.
- Academic Administrator at M.I.T. Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Program Manager at Boston University, Center for Professional Education
- Course Coordinator at M.I.T. Department of Chemistry
- Administrative Coordinator at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2 years at this Job
- Master of Education - Educational Policy & Leadership Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Rehabilitation Services
Coordinate day-to-day administrative activities of the school, which include responsibilities related to Promotion, Admissions, and Retention. Enroll new students and collect tuition and fees according to established policies Receive phone calls and visitors to the front office; and accurately and passionately describe the products and services of UCEDA Institute. Collect, analyze, and report data related to attendance, registrations, payments, retention and reactivation efforts, and other metrics Follow up with teachers on new students’ placement and progress, and to monitor potential drop-out students. Contact students having attendance problems to identify causes and coordinate solutions. Verify the quality of our service through casual surveys with current students. Gather and report to the Program Director all student feedback and complaints. Maintain accurate inventories of educational materials and order adequate numbers of books and supplies in advance Organize special events such as Open Houses, Graduations, and Recognition Ceremonies Ensure that classes begin and end on time. Serve as the on-site “face” of UCEDA Institute by maintaining professional and conservative dress and grooming standards, and by treating others with respect and dignity. Adhere to all Policies and Procedures in order to accomplish the Mission of UCEDA Institute. Be positive, and continue to motivate students to achieve their goals by developing effective English communication skills.
- Academic Administrator at UCEDA INSTITUTE/ UCEDA INTERNATIONAL
- Store Manager at Clarks Usa
- Studio Manager and Photographer at The Picture People
- Store Manager and District Trainer at SEARS PORTRAIT STUDIO
2 years at this Job
- Business Management - Business
- High school diploma
• Develops, submits, and manages budgets.
• Serves as liaison for human resources department; prepares payroll authorization; supervises work study hiring and assignments.
• Prepares semester course scheduling.
• Supports Dean with daily operational functions.
• Supports training and programming with the Office of Inclusive Community.
- Academic Administrator at Baltimore, Boulder, MD, CO
- Freelance at Baltimore, Boulder, MD, CO
- Adjunct Faculty at Baltimore, Boulder, MD, CO
- Advisor at Sankofa Center for Cultural Enrichment
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Master's - Nonprofit Management
- - Psychology
· Prepare annual department budgets for CWRU departmental operations and UH graduate management education. · Oversee faculty salary distributions and adjustments. · Grant proposal and award review as well as grant tracking and reporting. · Liaison to Medical School’s research, finance and administration offices. · Maintain department’s email list server, website, social media, and newsletter. Produce annual report. · Communicate with staff and faculty to resolve financial issues and notify of policy and/or procedural changes. · Monitor and manage department based UHCMC operating, GL, and grant accounts. · Oversee clinical trial business development process and monitor clinical trial indirect return. · Monitor and manage department based non-operating funds and endowment accounts. · Contract generation for high level departmental recruitments.
- Interactive Strategist/Academic Administrator at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Information Services Manager at Case Western Reserve University, Department of Infectious Diseases, Tuberculosis Research Unit
- Information Technology Manager at Quality Services, Inc
- Information Technology Analyst at Weatherchem Corporation
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Organizational Behavior, Project Management, and Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
Supervise adjuncts to teach liberal arts and sciences courses to undergraduate and graduate students. Manage the adjuncts time, attendance and payroll. Assign courses, classroom schedules. Distribute and collect end of semester assessments from adjuncts to student advisors. Prepare reports and distribute student evaluations.
- Academic Administrator at Boricua College
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Ba- Bachelors of Arts & Sciences - Sociology
Admissions, supervision of academic affairs (hiring/promotions), fundraising, Jr. High Math Educator, research, administration, and public affairs, grant writing, and social/behavioral coaching for students with learning differences. Highly successful; enjoy teaching and coaching particularly with students with challenges. Currently pursuing a Doctor of Education Management and Leadership.
- Academic Administrator at Sharp Academy
- In Home Personal Training/Owner/Personal Trainer at
- Assistant Group Fitness Director/Aerobics Instructor at Zach's Club
- Lead Exercise Therapist/Wellness Director at Davis Chiropractic
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Exercise Sports Science and Health Promotions
- Bachelor of Science - Human Development and Family Studies
- Doctorate - Education Management and Leadership
I am the acting academic administrator working on the MA Rome study abroad program for the University of Kent. My role at the university is to help the students who will be moving to Rome in January 2019 prepare for their term abroad. I communicate with both faculty and students to ensure that they are enrolled on the correct courses and that their academic timetables are correct. I am also in charge of coordinating a trip for the students to Rome in November. The trip is an opportunity for the students to finalize their accommodation, tour the campus, and get a feel for the city before they move there in January. I am responsible for scheduling the transportation, flights, and accommodation for the students and faculty travelling to Rome as well as coordinating with the school in Rome to schedule orientations and guided tours for the students. I am also responsible for scheduling meetings with the students to provide them with information they will need regarding visas, accommodation, the trip in November, etc. In addition to the trip to Rome, I am responsible for communicating with the Roman campus to ensure that all students who will need to apply for a visa during their stay in Rome have the correct official documentation from both schools and providing information about our students for the other campus’s records. As a part of this role, I am also in charge of responding to prospective students’ inquiries and providing them with more information about the program to encourage them to apply. This involves updating the program’s website, blog, and social media pages.
- Academic Administrative Assistant at University of Kent
- Associate at Basic Pacific
- Intern at Crocker Art Museum
- Barista, Barista Trainer at Starbucks
4 months at this Job
- Master's - History and Philosophy of Art
- Bachelor's - Spanish
- Bachelor's - Humanities and Religious Studies
- - Spanish
- Associate of Arts - Arts and Cultures
- Associate of Science - Social and Behavioral Sciences
Work in a variety of environments, administrative and academic. . Administrator for the College of East Asian studies. . Assistant to the program director in budget preparation, event planning, arrangement of numerous lecture symposiums throughout the semester. . Assist gallery curator at the Center for East Asian Studies. . Event Coordinator to oversee the center during a music conference. . Oversee visiting group during weekend retreat. . Monitor Teachers convention held at the center.
- Temporary Pool, Accounting at Wesleyan University, Temporary Pool, Accounting
- Job Cost Coordinator at Manafort Brothers Construction
- Accounting Coordinator at HRA of New Britain
- Accounting Clerk at Hanover Insurance
2 years at this Job
- B.A. - Political Sociology & Public Policy
- Associate Degree - General Studies
- Certificate in Industrial Management
OVERVIEW OF REGULAR RESPONSIBILITIES -Assured institutional compliance with regional accrediting body (SACS) by leading the self-study process, preparing the faculty and academic affairs support staff, compiling institutional data, and supervising the writing of self-study documents; site visits consistently had exceptionally positive outcomes -Assured institutional compliance with programmatic accrediting bodies (ACBSP, CACREP, CAPTE, CCNE) by coordinating the self-study process with program directors and system-level administrators -Assured institutional compliance with State of Ohio regulatory bodies (OBR, OSBCCS, OBN) by coordinating efforts of key campus and system-level personnel -Supervised program director and faculty recruitment, retention, and development -Advocated for faculty in campus and system-level governance initiatives -Administered budget for Academic Affairs, including the campus library and Academic Success Center -Oversaw doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degree programs -Led program directors in curriculum development, community outreach, program promotion, and program advisory board development -Supervised Registrar staff to assure compliance in record keeping and optimal course scheduling -Administered the Accuplacer assessment program via the Registrar’s office -Oversaw the campus library and Academic Success Center (writing and tutoring center) -Coordinated master schedule for Academic Affairs faculty and support staff -Led in campus student persistence initiatives, with measurable year-over-year improvement -Served as campus liaison with SU Online administration -Served on the campus Executive Committee -Served on the South University Council of Deans -Coordinated inter-campus communication among Deans by leading the Dean’s Dialog -Served on South University’s Policy committee NEW DEAN TRAINING Conduct on-site training of new Deans of Academic Affairs and Operations, covering a broad range of topics germane to optimal functioning of the Academic Affairs department. -institutional compliance -Faculty recruiting -Faculty hiring -Faculty development -Personnel supervision -Student persistence -Student information system -Online learning platform (both student and faculty platforms) -Oversight of Registrar's office, library, and tutoring center NEW ACADEMIC MANAGER TRAINING Authored section of module for standardized SU training for new academic managers, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, and development of faculty. Clear and detailed process documents were created to guide and document each step in the processes. TRAINER FOR D2L BRIGHTSPACE LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM -Led the campus in launching and implementing Brightspace learning management system. -Communication regarding implementation timelines to faculty and students -Scheduling and presenting training sessions that included guided practice -Engaging in ongoing training and troubleshooting -Syllabus creation and upload -Gradebook setup and maintenance -Discussion boards -Exams -Course announcements -Student groups -Embedded multimedia -Communication functions
- Dean of Academic Affairs and Operations at South University
- Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at Brown Mackie College
- Adjunct Faculty at National Institute of Technology
- Adjunct Faculty at Brown Mackie College
6 years at this Job
- Ph.D. - English
- M.A. - English
- B.A. - Religion