I am currently employed at The University of the Incarnate Word as an academic advisor within the Extended Academic Programs. My role in this position includes: working hand-and-hand with students both in person and over the phone, advising on classes and other issues associated with their account, doing degree audits, and ensuring they graduate in a timely fashion. I work closely with the registrar, business, and financial aid offices to achieve the aforementioned goal for my students.
- Academic Advisor at University of Incarnate Word
- Intern Student at San Antonio Public Library (SAPL) Central Children's Department
- Student Service Specialist at University of Incarnate Word
- Clinic Cashier at University of Incarnate Word- UIW Eye Institute
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Library Science - Library Science
- Bachelors of Art in English - Professional and Creative Writing
Curriculum Knowledge Coordinating students and parents on all procedures. Develop Lesson Plans Educating parties on financial aid regulations, policies, procedures, and laws by Improve Study Habits answering questions, writing letters, and/ or giving presentations. Individual Counseling Processing financial aid awards, fee waivers, education benefits, and/or Listener fellowships to include calculating and loading financial awards, making Manage Student Behavior adjustments to accounts, and disbursing fellowships. Patience Preparing and monitoring financial reports and accounts. Passion Determining student eligibility for financial aid and/or fee waivers. Planning Positive Attitude ACADEMIC ADVISOR Positive Role Model
- ACADEMIC ADVISOR at Critical Thinking
- at CREATIVE LEARNING CENTER
4 years at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
- - small groups
• Academic Advisor for admissions and transfer students.
- Academic Advisor at Bucks County Community College
- Adjunct Professor at Bucks County Community College
- Clinical Director at Montco Recovery Center
- Care Manager at Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Restorative Practices and Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
As an Academic Advisor I recruit and enroll students into undergraduate and graduate programs at the university. I use data systems daily such as talisma in order to organize my recruiting tactics. I provide academic support daily and manage several student's schedules through advising. I help students apply to the university and for financial aid. I must follow standards set by the Department of Education in regards to privacy and eligibility for government aid. I assist as online support for students and assist them with any technical difficulties they may face while taking classes online.
- Academic Advisor at Ashford University
- Coordinator of Computer Services and Transcript at Delta State University
- Senior Secretary at Communications and Marketing at Delta State University
- Graduate Assistant at The Madison Center at Delta State University
3 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies - French and Political Science
College of Technology academic advisor - working with students in Engineering Technology, Construction Science and Organizational Leadership, Computer Information Technology, and STEM Pathways. Assist with recruitment and retention efforts, including visits to local high schools with STEM on the Road. Attend professional development activities. Conduct New Student Orientations. Perform graduation audits and transfer credit evaluations. Serve on various campus committees, including the committee to change the probation student policies and procedures. Assist with Freshmen Year Experience course revamp and occasional class lectures. Use of the following programs: INB/SSB Banner, SSC/Navigate, EduNav, Degree Works, Slate
- Academic Advisor at Purdue Northwest
- Administrative Assistant to the Dean for the College of Engineering & Technology at Purdue North Central
- at La Porte Community Schools
- Lead Teller at Wells Fargo
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - General Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Advise students on university policies and procedures, program requirements, and related academic matters. Assist graduate and doctoral students in understanding and completing degree requirements, and help with appropriate course registration. Provide support to at-risk students. Process students' program and concentration requests, advise students on options, and facilitate change process with Registrar office. Facilitate training for departmental new hires. Report directly to Manager of Academic Advising.
• Developed rapport with new students to ensure overall readiness and identify any issues that would affect their ability to have smooth and successful starts.
• Partnered with students in regaining Satisfactory Academic Progress for both academic and financial aid purposes.
• Collaborated with university staff to ensure that student inquiries are addressed in efficient manner, while supporting academic integrity and university policy adherence.
• Guided students in developing accountability for their decisions and understanding of how those decisions impact their academic success.
• Assigned to serve as Program Team Lead for School of Health Sciences, 2011-2018; performed as voting member for School of Health Sciences academic petitions committee.
• Conducted quality assurance on academic petitions, grade appeals, and tuition waivers for academic petitions committee.
• Selected by management to pilot new work-from-home remote model for academic advisors, which resulted in boosting productivity 20% over in-office environment.
• Tapped by management to collaborate with Enrollment department on evaluating student files regarding inquiries about readmission after 1-year withdrawals.
• Coordinated website updates with Business Operations Manager.
- Academic Advisor at WALDEN UNIVERSITY
- at WALDEN UNIVERSITY
- Enrollment Counselor / Academic Counselor at UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
- Owner / Videographer / Editor at FOREVER IMAGES VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
• Maintain increased caseload and regular duties of an Academic Advisor.
• Assist in onboarding new hires..
• Assist in interviewing new candidaes for the Student Services team.
• Work with upper management on college initiatives.
- Academic Advisor Level II at Bryant & Stratton College Online
- Life Coach at People Inc
- Success Coach/Academic Advisor at Bryant & Stratton College Online
- Associate Clinician at Spectrum Human Services
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science
Academic Advisor I - Computer Science and Digital Media Advising students in Computer Science & Digital Media. I advise a cohort of approximately 350 students per semester, via student outreach, appointments, emails and phone conversations to advise degrees, programs and academic policies and standards. Adhere to department policies and regulations for accreditation. Provide accurate and timely responses to students to improve their experience at UVU. Academic Advisor I - Math Department and Developmental Math Department Advisor Advised 4721 students in general education math (College Algebra and below). I helped students overcome obstacles and achieve success in math; as well as math placement and best pathway to completion for all majors at UVU. Collaborated with multiple stakeholders and functional users concerning best practices in math. Advised AS/AA UVST & Pre-Dental Hygiene students in Academic Counseling Center. Academic Standards Math Advisor in coordination with Academic Standards Department. ALEKS Implementation Committee Member - saved students approximately $120,000 in tuition due to appropriate math placement; increased student retention, and improved math passing rates.
- Academic Advisor I at Utah Valley University
- Pharmacy Technician Internal Monitor at Molina Medicare Pharmacy
- Utah Math Tuning Project Team Member at Utah Valley University
- Adjunct Mathematics Instructor at Utah Valley University
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Academic advisor to both junior and senior level students
• Assisting integrative studies with the recruitment of students to enroll in ASU programs
• Developing syllabus to instruct two seminars in professional development courses
- Academic Advisor at Arkansas State University
- Project Engineer (Contract) at Infinite Building Concepts & Designs, LLC
- Chief Talent Development Officer at J-Buddy
- Educational Talent Search Advisor at Arkansas Northeastern College
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts - Spanish
Over ten years' experience as higher education academic advisor and school counselor School Counselor, Ardmore Middle School, Ardmore, Oklahoma July 2017 to Present * Assist students and provide guidance with academic and personal needs * Help with schedules and enrollment * Utilize crisis intervention skills and make referrals when necessary * Recognize indicators of distress or behaviors that may impede academic success and intervene appropriately * Serve as Building Test Coordinator * Maintain cumulative files securely * Assist teachers with problem solving and interventions
- Academic Advisor/Counselor at Ardmore Middle School
- Testing Coordinator at Northwest Classen High School
- School Counselor at Santa Fe South Charter High School
- School Counselor at Alice Robertson Junior High
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Education
- Bachelor of Science in Biology Education - Biology Education