As the Academic Coach, I provide support and resources to teachers through coaching, modeling, mentoring, and developing professional development based on teacher and school needs (classroom management, data analysis, effective instructional strategies, etc.).
- Academic Coach at North Bolivar Consolidated School District
- Scorer/Rater at Educational Testing Service
- School Improvement Coach at Mississippi Department of Education
- Superintendent at Coahoma County School District
5 months at this Job
- Certification - Education Administration
- Certification - Education Administration
- Certification - Principal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Administrator Leadership for Teaching and Learning (pending) - Education
- Masters of Education in Curriculum - Instruction, and Assessment
- Masters of Science in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
- Bachelors of Science in Biology - Biology
As an academic coach at Davinci Rise High School, I facilitate homework areas and assist students with any help they may need.
- Academic Coach at RISE High School
- Assistant to Executive Director of Health Services at Texas Southern University- Student Health Services
- Case Manager at Boys and Girls Club at Carson HS
- Merchandising/Customer Service at Gap
5 months at this Job
- - Child Development
- High School Diploma
I am currently a private academic coach working one on one with students within the Dallas area. My areas of coaching vary between ACT and SAT prep, focusing on Reading Comprehension, Writing and Language Skills, and Essay writing prep. While working with students within the school week my main focus areas are English, History and Study Skills. My responsibilities include helping with exam preparations, homework help, research papers and organizing an effective study program to ensure the students are organized and prepared for each day.
- Academic Coach at Learn and Grow Tutoring
- Curriculum and Training Coordinator, On-Site Kids-U Manager, Program Quality Assurace Coordinator at Kids-U
- AVID Tutor at Plano Independent School District
- Administrative Assistant at Gleaming Floors, LLC. & Roosevelt White Construction LLC
1 year, 3 months at this Job
As an Academic Coach, I work with students with strategies for success in general subjects as well as preparing for assessments. Also, update social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Academic Coach at The Carrington Institute for Teaching and Learning
- Substitute Teacher at Hampton City Schools
at this Job
- M.A. - Theology
- B. A. - Education
I am currently an academic coach at High Tech Elementary at their Point Loma location in which I am a full-time one-to-one aide for a fourth grade student who has been diagnosed as emotionally disturbed. I provide assistance, support, instruction, and collect data throughout the course of each school day. I am responsible for ensuring students with diverse needs and abilities have access to general education curriculum and tasks. I work to help students with physical, mental/emotional, and/or social disabilities gain confidence and independence through increasing communication and developing social skills, learning capabilities, and self-management skills by reducing maladaptive behavior. In addition to facilitating specialized individual instruction, I work with the rest of the students in the classroom, either individually or in small groups to help maintain a low student:teacher ratio which promotes collective success.
- Academic Coach at High Tech Elementary
- Teaching Assistant at California State University San Marcos
- Grading Assistant at California State University San Marcos
- Nanny at
3 months at this Job
- MA - Sociology
- Minor - Sociology
- Bachelor's - Criminology and Justice Studies
- High School - General Education
• Serve as Spanish Expert coach for special project to improve student performance.
• Increase student academic achievement by designing and implementing lesson plans and assessments that exemplify current Best Practices tailored to local Core Standards.
• Coach teachers on Best Practices and techniques to achieve classroom learning goals and high student engagement.
• Model for and instruct teachers on classroom management strategies that foster an optimal classroom climate for high student academic achievement in all subgroups and serving the needs of all.
• Assist teachers in securing the necessary resources to successfully implement school improvement plans.
• Provide recommendations to the school and school administration to improve the overall resource alignment to achieve academic success.
• Address academic deficiencies and provide opportunities to accelerate academic performance by employing flexible grouping techniques and coaching teachers on these techniques.
• Gather, analyze, and review student achievement and testing data (with teachers and administrators) to help inform classroom teaching direction, school goal alignment, and validate/inform school recommendations for success.
• Develop and implement staff development plans with the school leadership that are observation, data, and quality based to address professional development needs.
- Academic Coach at Pearson Education
- Instructor, Education- Part Time at Social Sciences and Humanities
- Instructor at General Studies Department
- Academic Dean Assistant, Nocturnal Coordinator at School of Plastic Art
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- MA - Comparative Literature and Comparative Literature
- - Comparative Literature and Comparative Literature
As an Academic Coach, I work one-on-one with students to identify their unique strengths and needs, help them build skills and develop structures, which help them succeed in their academic and adult life. My focus is on students with language- based learning disabilities, ADHD, dyslexia, anxiety and executive function challenges.
- Academic Coach and Tutor at Self
- Co-Head Teacher at Hunter College Campus Elementary School
- Science and ELA Head Teacher at The Gateway Middle School
- English Teacher at Inlingua Foreign Language School
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Painting
* Coaches undergraduate students on skills and strategies that support academic success, such as time management, stress management, test preparation, and effective reading
- Academic Coach at Academic Support Services
- 7th Grade Social Studies Student Teacher at Community Preparatory School
- Facilitator Fellow at Center for Talented Youth
- High School History Teacher at Brown Summer High School
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Secondary Social Studies/History Education
- High School Diploma
Offer comprehensive academic advisement services to a broad range of students, including middle school, high school, college level, community college students on the autism spectrum. Meet with students individually to construct both short and long-term academic learning plans, to plan coursework and to develop educational and professional goals. Inform students of college's/school's academic policies and procedures. Coach students with special learning needs in academic skills, executive functioning, social communication, self-advocacy, and independence. Oversee, manage, mentor, and Academic Coaches in Long Island region. Train new Academic Coaches. Develop academic programs and company initiatives. Maintain accurate advisement, payroll records. Attend weekly training sessions for students with disabilities. Provide individual academic, social-emotional, and transitional support to middle school, higgh school and college-level students. Collaborate with Director, Coordinator, parents, and psychological, psychiatric professionals to meet the needs of each individual student. Attend events and participate in company initiatives for students on autism spectrum and with learning disabilities in local community. Design, implement, and conduct workshops, including creative writing, stress management, mindfulness, leadership skills, resume-building, and self-advocacy workshops. Organize and run the Summer in the City Program and creating skill-building lesson plans for students on autism spectrum.
- Coach Coordinator/Academic Coach at New Frontiers in Learning (NFiL)
- English Teacher at C2 Education
- Teacher/Tutor at Atrium Educational
- Writing Center Tutor at Adelphi University Writing Center
3 years at this Job
- Master of Fine Arts - Creative Writing
- Bachelor of Arts - English
- - Cross Cultural Management
• Coach high-school students in mathematics and sat prep
• Provide mentorship for teenage girls
- Academic Coach at Cardinal Education
- Freelance Reporter at Peninsula Press
- Video Editor at The Mental Breakdown
- Writer and Editor at bSmart Guide
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communication
- Bing Overseas Studies Program