My role as an Academic Counselor includes but not limited to supporting the recruitment, retention and graduation of qualified students. Educate the student on program expectations, including online coursework and any other requirements. I've received the Student Success Award in 2012 and Outstanding Achievement Award in 2013. Award program ended in 2014. My goals as an Academic Counselor are as follows: Persistence (each session) >86.5% Successful Completion (each session) >70% Net Promoter Score >50 quarterly average 65% Assigned Students Actively Attending Student Contact Time- 2.5 hours per day minimum
- Academic Counselor at Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division
- Lead Collector at Wells Fargo
- Collections Manager at Americredit Financial Serivces
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Adult Education and Training
- Bachelor's - Business Adminstration
St. Paul, MN May, 2018-Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Veterans Admissions & Academic Counselor
- Veterans Admissions & Academic Counselor at University of St. Thomas
- primary Academic Advisor for all undergraduate military connected students at University of St. Thomas
- Academic Advisor-Veterans Services at Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- at Anoka-Ramsey Community College
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Community Psychology
- Associates of Arts - Liberal Arts & Sciences
Academic counselor in the Trio Program. Advising load of 35 students and a fall teaching assignment for Trio 100, a transitional course empowering students. This program supports low income, first generation and students who have dissbilities.
- Academic Counselor at Knox College
- Store Assistant at Macomb Food Cooperative
- Lab technician at Illinois State Archaeological Survey
- Co-Principle Investigator at Western Illinois University, - 1 University Circle
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Liberal Arts and Sciences - In Progress
- Bachelor of Arts - History
• Serve as the primary athletic academic counselor for 6 sports teams, 75 student athletes
• Provide consistent monitoring and modification of the academic needs of student-athletes
• Conduct weekly individual advising meetings with about 20 student-athletes
• Prepare written reports to document student athlete academic progress and NCAA continuing academic eligibility
• Assist with on-campus recruitment visits of student-athletes
• Schedule tutoring for all of 350 student athletes that attend the university
• Travel with the teams I work with to provide academic study hall on the road
- Academic Counselor & Tutor Coordinator at Samford University
- Athletics Academic Advisor at Savannah State University
- Director of New England Football Intern at USA College Football Network
- Sports Marketing Intern at All American Collegiate Baseball League
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Higher Education & Compliance Law - Higher Education & Compliance Law
- Master of Science in Sport Management - Athletic Administration
- Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Provide professional guidance, consultation, and support to students and University constituencies on matters pertaining to advisement and retention of students. Handle and provide consultation on complex individual issues that are affecting academic success.
• Provide advisement to students and faculty advisers regarding academic matters and degree planning during walk-in hours and scheduled appointments. Meet with students daily to process requests for finishing a degree elsewhere, leaving the University and readmission, medical late drops, late adds, study abroad, part-time status, and credit overloads.
• Meet regularly with students on probation and those coming back from academic suspension to assure academic progress. Receive and investigate reports from faculty regarding students with excessive absences and poor academic performance.
• Serve as a liaison between students and the Committee on Academic Affairs. Prepare student cases for exceptions to University policies and rules.
• Work with faculty members, advisers, and administrators to determine whether students have valid reason(s) to be withdrawn without penalty from individual classes or from an entire semester
• Coordinate transfer student orientation events in the fall and spring semesters and new/transfer student registration. Organize registration of first-year writing courses for new students in the summer. Oversee assisted registration in the first-year dormitories for the fall and spring semesters.
• Manage the Salem Exchange Program and communicate regularly with the Salem College Registrar's Office on the academic performance of Salem students at Wake Forest.
• Organize the annual adviser's forum where faculty advisers come together to get essential information before starting the academic year. Reserve rooms, communicate with campus partners to organize a panel, and work with Deacon Dining to plan a reception following the forum.
• Coordinate programming initiatives for the office and develop promotional branding items. Serve as the liaison to parent programs, providing content pertaining to the office for their monthly newsletter.
• Maintain the office shared drive and update office policies and procedures as needed.
• Assist with recruitment and assignment of lower division and student advisers.
- Academic Counselor at Wake Forest University Office of Academic Advising
- Meal Site Coordinator (Summer position) at Social Services-Food for the Summer
- Social Work Specialist at Blue Ribbon Mentor-Advocate
- Communications Specialist and Graduate Program Coordinator at UNC Chapel Hill Visitors' Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
As an Academic Counselor, I counsel students in their personal/social, academic, and college and career needs. I guide students through their academic progress to ensure they are on track with graduation. This includes reviewing their individual graduation plan, offering options for credit recovery, and providing resources as needed.
- Academic Counselor at Los Angeles Unified School District
- College Advisor at California State University, Long Beach (Educational Talent Search)
- School Counseling Intern at Waite Middle School
- School Counseling Intern at Dominguez High School
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Humanities and Communication
• Editor-in-Chief of Departmental newsletter ◦ Supervise editorial staff of 12 ◦ Responsible for production of the monthly print departmental newsletter ◦ Provide feedback and corrections to staff members ◦ Review, write, edit, and prepare submitted articles for publication ◦ Design and create newsletter
• Prepared and presented training material on Circular Conversations, Motivation, Ways of Thinking, Growth Mind-Set, and Resilience to improve student coaching, advisement, and to positively affect student progress
• Provide student coaching to improve retention by addressing persistence issues, creating buy-in, and empowering students to create individual action plans
• Train new hires and provide call feedback to Academic Counselor colleagues to improve call coaching skills
• Served as Reentry Advisor for a 6-month project to increase student enrollments ◦ Contacted former students to solve problems and help them return to school ◦ Educated applicants on tuition rates and payment options including Veteran Benefits, Tuition Assistance, Scholarships, and financial aid ◦ Awarded Military Challenge Coin for leadership, initiative, and success
- Senior Academic Counselor at University of Phoenix
- Academic Counselor at University of Phoenix
- Independent Agent at AFLAC
- Corporate Account Executive at Sprint
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Dale Carnegie Sales Advantage
• Assisted students in acquiring and implementing effective learning skills
• Conducted study strategy workshops to impart organizational skills upon various clubs/teams
• Modelled outstanding student behavior and successful academic practices
- Academic Counselor at Academic Development, Carnegie Mellon University
- at Thermo-Electric
- Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps at Fresh Meadows
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Small Undergraduate Research Grant
- - energy
- - design
- - Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- - Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Regents Diploma - Honor Roll all semesters
Assist students with course planning, registration, and academic and personal/social counseling. Encourage and guide students to pursue their career and life goals. Ensure students are informed and knowledgeable
concerning A-G, NCAA, or AB 167 graduation requirements. Organize and lead graduation ceremonies.
• Assess and identify students who require testing for a Section 504 Plan, Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), or other academic interventions.
• Plan and accompany students on field trips and college tours.
• Serve as a member of the Academic Team building organizational infrastructure.
- Academic Counselor at SCALE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) at VOICES OF CHILDREN
- School Counselor Intern at MONTCLAIR HIGH SCHOOL
- Mental Health Intern at INLAND TEMPORARY HOMES
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Counseling - Pupil Personnel Services Credential
- Doctor of Education - Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies - Christian Studies
- Associate of Arts in General Studies - Psychology
· Developed meaningful relations across a diverse population of students to facilitate progression and student success. · Collaborated and coached students through their program by creating specific action plans to remove roadblocks and support their advancement and long-term success. · Acted as a liaison between the University and students with respect to degree options, program requirements and graduation. Provide students with accurate, complete and timely information on University policies and procedures. · Coordinated with students on all credit options to develop an academic plan that is best suited to their needs and career goals while taking into consideration how to minimize cost and time to graduation. · Maintained a group of over 300 students.
- Academic Counselor at University of Phoenix
- TUTOR at CHEGG
- Student Services Specialist at INSTAEDU
7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Psychology