In my position as an academic counselor , I am responsible for providing educational guidance and assistance for my students by planning schedules, recommending courses, setting expectations to meet satisfactory academic progress, and determining appropriate education solutions for a large body of students. I have been committed to meeting company/departmental goals, while maintaining a positive attitude in a fast paced changing environment.
- Academic Counselor at Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC
- Admissions Representative at Education management corporation
at this Job
- Master's - Teaching and Learning
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education
Served as academic counselor for approx. 500 students
➢ Maintained transcripts, schedules, and graduation plans
➢ Counseled students in furthering their education into college or work force
➢ Worked collaboratively with other counselors, teachers, administrators, and parents
➢ Maintained Odyssey Ware, online credit recovery, for students
➢ Worked with students who were in crisis
➢ Programs worked with include: Special education, 504, ESL, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, Gifted and Talented, Career and Technical education, and Dual credit
- Academic Counselor at Ector County Independent School District
- Academic Counselor at Crockett Middle School
- Classroom Teacher and Coach at Big Sandy Independent School District
- Classroom Teacher and Coach at Sabine Independent School District
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Education - Educational Psychology
- Bachelor of Science of Interdisciplinary Studies - Language Arts and Social Studies
• Serve as the primary athletic academic counselor for 6 sports teams, 75 student athletes
• Provide consistent monitoring and modification of the academic needs of student-athletes
• Conduct weekly individual advising meetings with about 20 student-athletes
• Prepare written reports to document student athlete academic progress and NCAA continuing academic eligibility
• Assist with on-campus recruitment visits of student-athletes
• Schedule tutoring for all of 350 student athletes that attend the university
• Travel with the teams I work with to provide academic study hall on the road
- Academic Counselor & Tutor Coordinator at Samford University
- Athletics Academic Advisor at Savannah State University
- Director of New England Football Intern at USA College Football Network
- Sports Marketing Intern at All American Collegiate Baseball League
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Higher Education & Compliance Law - Higher Education & Compliance Law
- Master of Science in Sport Management - Athletic Administration
- Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
• Awarded as a Senior Counselor in development for the academic advisement department by participation in staff selection and trainings.
• Coordinated a lead role in with student for re-entry efforts to increase enrollment and retention by performing duties which may include but not limited to, generating and analyzing reports to capture pertinent information, contacting students, and providing university policy procedure information.
• Certified as a resource to new and inexperienced Academic Counselors staff through mentoring activities and facilitating and conducting training sessions.
• Results oriented and manage various projects or tasks at one time.
- Academic Counselor at Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC
- Academic Counselor at University of Phoenix
- Senior Member Service Consultant at Arizona Federal Credit Union
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Communication
Provide professional guidance, consultation, and support to students and University constituencies on matters pertaining to advisement and retention of students. Handle and provide consultation on complex individual issues that are affecting academic success.
• Provide advisement to students and faculty advisers regarding academic matters and degree planning during walk-in hours and scheduled appointments. Meet with students daily to process requests for finishing a degree elsewhere, leaving the University and readmission, medical late drops, late adds, study abroad, part-time status, and credit overloads.
• Meet regularly with students on probation and those coming back from academic suspension to assure academic progress. Receive and investigate reports from faculty regarding students with excessive absences and poor academic performance.
• Serve as a liaison between students and the Committee on Academic Affairs. Prepare student cases for exceptions to University policies and rules.
• Work with faculty members, advisers, and administrators to determine whether students have valid reason(s) to be withdrawn without penalty from individual classes or from an entire semester
• Coordinate transfer student orientation events in the fall and spring semesters and new/transfer student registration. Organize registration of first-year writing courses for new students in the summer. Oversee assisted registration in the first-year dormitories for the fall and spring semesters.
• Manage the Salem Exchange Program and communicate regularly with the Salem College Registrar's Office on the academic performance of Salem students at Wake Forest.
• Organize the annual adviser's forum where faculty advisers come together to get essential information before starting the academic year. Reserve rooms, communicate with campus partners to organize a panel, and work with Deacon Dining to plan a reception following the forum.
• Coordinate programming initiatives for the office and develop promotional branding items. Serve as the liaison to parent programs, providing content pertaining to the office for their monthly newsletter.
• Maintain the office shared drive and update office policies and procedures as needed.
• Assist with recruitment and assignment of lower division and student advisers.
- Academic Counselor at Wake Forest University Office of Academic Advising
- Meal Site Coordinator (Summer position) at Social Services-Food for the Summer
- BLUE RIBBON MENTOR-ADVOCATE at
- Communications Specialist and Graduate Program Coordinator at UNC CHAPEL HILL VISITORS' CENTER
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
- Master's - Social Work
Filling in Temporarily for the Academic Counselor who will be on maternity leave from January 2019- June 2019. My duties will include checking in on the Sophomore and Seniors regarding their academic performance as well as their overall well-being Working collaboratively with the Counseling Department to provide the support to help the students find their path to reach their goals Encourage the young ladies to believe in themselves through strength based growth. Finding options for each unique individual that can fulfill their interests and curiosities. Work closely with the teachers & parents to help create a collaborative plan for each student to succeed academically and regarding their well-being. Teach the Introduction to Psychology class, an elective. Providing engaging and current examples to help create a learning environment for equitable sharing and dialogue to encompass curiosities. Teaching the fundamentals of Psychology and allowing the class to create their unique understanding of the material.
- Academic Counselor (Temporary) at Mercy High School Burlingame
- Author of “Heartstrings” Blog at SavantCare
- Director of the San Francisco One Life Counseling Office at One Life Counseling Center
- Health Educator at Kaiser Permanente
1 month at this Job
- Wellness Champion Certification & Yoga Teacher Certification 200-RYT - Social and Emotional Learning with an emphasis on facilitation
- Master of Arts - Clinical Psychology/Marital Family Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
- MA - Clinical Psychology
• Retains new students at rate of 67.47% which trends 4% higher than peers during Q4 FY 2017 by ensuring proactive contact, properly onboarding students with programmatic information, and supporting students with making connections between students and careers.
• Manages team of 400 military spouses, dependents, and service members and currently retaining total student retention at 53.4% which is trending 5% higher than peers Q2-Q3 FY 2017.
• Collects and submits for processing program change documents, enrollment agreements, or other state disclosure paperwork to assist with student files and keeping records up-to-date with Office of Admissions and Records. Assists in student career opportunities and maps degree program path accordingly.
• Leads impromptu trainings by manager request regarding new found policies for team awareness.
• In absence of manager, serves as point-of-contact for de-escalating customers.
• Selected and served on Scholarship Committee with Academic Counselors from 2012 to 2016, during this time proposed and implemented new SOP that resulted in reduced timeframe for scoring essays and improved student outcomes.
• Selected and serves on Phoenix Career Guidance Committee from 2013 to present and created walk-throughs for Academic Counselors, develop speaking points, and creates engaging activities to help further support staff knowledge. Academic Progression Specialist - All College Specialties University of Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
• Selected to lead a beta team in enrolling and retaining at-risk students. Led team with 91% new student retention and 72% in total student retention Q1-Q3, FY 2012.
• Led a combined Enrollment and Academic team in top retention of total students from October to January with 65% total student retention, when average amongst 12 team members was 49% retention rate.
• Assists in developing streamlined procedures that decreased labor time and eliminated redundancies by 50% during two year span FY 2010 - FY 2012.
• Selected for Collaborated with Region Operations Manager to create committees and focus groups to support Academic Counselor teams in building team relationships, managing events, and promoting positive workplace. Enrollment Counselor - All College Specialties University of Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
• Received prospective students and maintains existing student loads of 375-500, as well as retains #1 advisor consistently of 15 seasoned advisors.
• Created daily Excel stats report that reduced errors and is now used by Enrollment Representatives organization-wide. Earned "Outstanding Achievement" award for outstanding customer service, teamwork and proven results in assigned projects.
- Senior Academic Counselor - Military at University of Phoenix
- Time Share Management Lead Agent at Wyndham Consumer Finance - Summerlin, Nevada
- Certified Travel Agent at Domestic and International Travel
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master - Management
- Medical Records Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Journalism and Mass Media
Guide students on their academic status and tutor them in math and sciences.
- Academic Counselor at iKnow Academy
- Group Leader at Integrity Bio, Incorporation
- Research Associate I& II at Integrity Bio, Incorporation
- Private and Group Instructor at Yeil Academy
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts in Integrative Biology - Integrative Biology
• Manage mental health services for a diverse student population by providing psychosocial, behavioral counseling and intervention, maintaining confidentiality of student records, and documenting accurate reports of student progress.
• Provide academic advising for students by developing individualized educational plans to include study skills, test-taking strategies, time management, stress reduction techniques, and self-care.
• Oversee accessibility services for students with disabilities including serving as the ADA/504 Coordinator; formerly, also the Title IX/Title VI Officer.
• Determine student accommodation needs by reviewing medical records and psychoeducational assessments and collaborating with the Vice President of Academic Affairs to develop educational success plans.
• Prepare curriculum materials and conduct regular study skills, sensitivity, and national board exam preparatory courses for students.
• Created and manage a Mindfulness Program for over 700 members of the campus community.
• Created and supervise a Wellness Coordinator work-study position for the Mindfulness Program.
• Created and manage a chiropractic service program, "Mission Trip: America (MTA), " serving over 700 members of the San Francisco Day Labor Program and Women's Collective for 10 years.
• Develop and review institutional policy regarding student grievances, nondiscrimination, religious freedom, sexual harassment, counseling services, retention, behavioral interventions, and accessibility services.
• Collect and analyze data to evaluate counseling, accessibility, mindfulness, and service program effectiveness.
• Committee member for Academic Standards, Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT), Institutional Review Board (IRB), Student Retention, new student orientation, and former advisor for Club de Quíropractica.
• Participate in professional development opportunities and applied concepts to classroom activities.
• Enforce regulations concerning student conduct and disciplinary concerns.
- Academic Counselor at Life Chiropractic College West
- Equal Opportunity Specialist at U.S. Department of Education
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts
• Achieve and maintain student persistence targets.
• Counsel students facing academic challenges and/or personal obstacles.
• Audit student schedules to determine candidacy for graduation as determined by school policy.
• Manage and inform students of degree progress focusing on graduating in the shortest time possible for the student.
• Communicate effectively with students through either routine and non-routine calls or emails.
• Understand and explain University policies from the Student Handbook and College Catalog.
- Academic Counselor at South University
- Registrar at South University
- Financial Aid Advisor at ITT Technical Institute
- Student Accounts Manager/Registrar at Southeastern Institute
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resources