• Academic Director of a full immersion adult English language school, overseeing 7 programs, 450 students from 10 countries, 30-45 teachers and a small academic team.
• Responsible for curricula, implementation of standardized assessment and creation of grading systems.
• Collaboratively developed and implemented Academic Year Program.
• Championed successful standardization of level assessment across US and international centers.
• Served on the team of Academic Directors for all centers worldwide.
• Conducted training workshops on international exams such as TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge for Sales team.
• Organized continuing professional development for teaching staff.
• US liaison to the Saudi Cultural Mission, responsible for fostering understanding on both sides regarding cultural, behavioral and academic issues.
• Administered teacher observations, feedback sessions, and annual reviews.
- Academic Director at EC San Diego
- Academic Coordinator at International Center for American English
- ESL Coordinator and Teacher at CTC Alternative High School
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Education - TESOL
- Bachelor of Arts - Cultural Anthropology
Bound/Upward Bound Math and Science
● Organized and budgeted for 10+ events such as academic field trips, cultural potlucks, and the end of the year student colloquium in which 80+ students showcased their work.
● Planned and facilitated classes such as toxic masculinity talks and mindfulness meditations for 80+ students
● Collaborated with Academic Director keeping professional development in mind by assessing students' English diagnostic tests and implementing restorative justice practices for students who required behavioral attention.
- Academic Director's Assistant at University of California
- College Advisor's Assistant at University of California
1 month at this Job
- - Rhetoric
Conducting class visits on regular basis Demonstrating lessons when need be Monitoring teachers on the exam marking procedures and timely submission of exam results Providing continuous training on classroom management, the point system, pacing charts, use of testing data, instructional methods and student outcomes Monitoring students’ academic progress by analyzing the academic reports of all exam results on a weekly basis and take the necessary action by talking to the teachers, students and their parents. All follow up actions should be recorded and documented in students’ files and record books. Determine remedial actions for approval by RAQC and the director
- Academic Director at Sabis International Charter School
- ESL PROFESSOR at GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- ELL TEACHER at GLENDALE HIGH SCHOOL
- ELL TEACHER at COPPER CANYON HIGH SCHOOL
6 months at this Job
- CERTIFICATE - Educational Leadership
- MA - ESL & Bilingual Education
- Bachelor's - Secondary Education
Taught and managed TOEFL and ESL courses for young learners and adults, also responsible for the development and implementation of new English programs and faculty academic training.
- Academic Director at ENGLISH SPOT INC
- English teacher at CENTRO DE INGLES LEXICOM, Medellín, Co
- Corporate English Teacher at CULTURAL LANGUAGE SERVICES
- English teacher at UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
- - Teaching Knowledge Test
- - Psychology and sociology
Director of the Segue 61 Music Industry Program, responsible for making sure curriculum is honored and implemented.
- Academic Director at Catawba College, Segue
- Adjunct Professor at Catawba College
- Private Guitar Instructor at Greensboro Cultural Center
- Private Drum Instructor at Triple Threat Dance and Music, Winston
2 years at this Job
- M.F.A - Music Composition for Film
- B.S. - Audio Engineering
Develop and implement curriculum; Hire, train, and supervise instructional staff; Order and maintain the instructional budget and materials; Schedule and oversee daily classes; Oversee the testing, placement, and evaluation of students; Manage payroll; Offer academic assistance to students struggling academically; Plan professional development meetings to develop cultural, professional and educational skills for instructors; Generate academic reports; Counsel students applying for undergraduate or graduate programs; Resolve disputes and inter-staff conflict
- Academic Director at ELS Berkeley
- Instructor Specialist at ELS Berkeley
- Instructor at ELS Berkeley
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at University of Missouri-Columbia
4 years at this Job
- M.A. - Spanish Literature
- B.A. - Spanish
• Overseeing Academic Program
• Hiring and training teachers
• Organizing Special Events, training sessions and workshops, and special projects
• Supervising Teacher performance and implementing improvements
• Organizing information and sending files to the Secretary of Education
• Evaluating and enrolling new students
• Interviewing with parents and interested newcomers
• Making decisions of daily problems that might come up
• Collecting payments of monthly tuitions, reenrollments, uniforms, etc
• Purchasing supplies
• Head of disciplinary actions
• Answering phones and giving out information
• Supervising maintenance, custodial, and security personnel
- Academic Director at Liceo San Agustin
- Academic Director at
3 years at this Job
- Associate - Industrial Engineering and of Systems
• Oversee the development of curriculum and operations of the ESL program and the TOEFL Prep program
• Oversee and guide the development and implementation of assessment tools, including module exams and entrance exams
• Monitor students' academic progress, including level placement, academic probation, and IEPs
• Train, monitor, and manage instructional faculty (eight members)
• Lead weekly faculty meetings, quarterly faculty meeting, and bi-quarterly curriculum meetings
• Provide student services such as counseling and program advisement
• Teach ESL in a multi-lingual and multi-age classroom
• Teach TOEFL prep courses
• Effectively manage classrooms with up to 20 students in beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels
• Custom design student-centered, themed -based lesson plans using the communicative approach to foster active learning and to improve listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
• Implement communicative activities and guided practice, including role playing, information gaps, cloze exercises, and games
• Helped school receive re-accreditation from ACCET (2016)
- Academic Director at Hollywood College
- Academic Dean at Southern California State University
- ESL Instructor at Hollywood College
- Tutor at LA's BEST
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
- High School Diploma
• Principal academic officer for the Culinary Management, Culinary Arts and Baking programs
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to assisting students toward successful program completion and staffing the classroom with instructors who support the mission of the college
• Responsible for assessing and achieving institutional academic effectiveness goals and applying use of results for improving overall outcomes
• Co-responsible with the Dean of Academic Affairs for the fiscal well-being of the department as it relates to education
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the culinary storeroom inventory, budget and staff
• Responsible for proctoring quarterly ServSafe Student exams, maintaining safe and sanitary kitchens, dining room and foodservice areas, HCCAP for food storage procedures and high quarterly health inspection scores.
• Participate in activities that promote the stature of the department and the college, including admission open houses and high-school college connections and community events
• Responsible for meeting the requirements for achieving and maintaining regional and programmatic accreditations including organizing and participating in self-studies, site visits and mock site visits for other campuses
• Provide academic leadership and select, train, develop, manage, and lead faculty and staff team members according to the guidelines provided by the Dean of Academic Affairs and Campus President
• Provide support to college and community relations activities while planning and implementing a budget including personnel requirements, program expenses, and capital needs
• Responsible for obtaining and retaining programmatic accreditation with zero compliance findings at time of site reviews.
• Create, staff and implement both planned and spontaneous community events and campus functions
• Mentor students through American Culinary Federation culinary competitions. Past students have achieved bronze, silver and gold medals.
• Support college programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in an annually updated five year strategic plan
• Collaborate with other Academic Department Directors within own school and across national schools regarding scheduling, sharing faculty, curriculum improvements, institutional effectiveness, and other responsibilities such as determined by the Dean of Academic Affairs
• Teach 5 to 10 contact hours a quarter, specifically the advanced pastry classes
• Create and implement student based exit strategies for a nationwide school closing
- Academic Director at Culinary Management, Culinary Arts & Baking Programs
- Chef Instructor at The International Culinary Schools
- Executive Chef Instructor at The International Culinary Schools
- Executive Pastry Chef/Owner at Simply Decadent
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Hospitality Management
- Bachelors of Science in Culinary Management - Culinary Management
- Associate of Science in Culinary Arts - Culinary Arts
• Provide academic and operational leadership
• Creative control of all kitchens and food related functions
• Select, train, develop, manage and lead faculty and staff
• Manage staff of unionized faculty
• Plan and implement a budget including personnel requirements, program expenses and capital needs
• Meet key financial and operational targets
• Support college programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the schools' five-year strategic plan
• Provide support to college and community relations activities
• Collaborate with other Academic Directors within own school and across school regarding scheduling, sharing faculty, etc.
• Responsible for facilities management relating to Culinary Department
• Adherence to federal, state and accreditation standards
• Successfully guided department through Regional Accreditation initial application
- Academic Director at Culinary & Pastry Programs
- Chef Instructor at Culinary & Pastry Programs
- Executive Chef/Director of Dining Services at University of the Sciences
- Working Chef at Palm Grill Restaurant & Banquet House
16 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Marketing
- BS - Culinary Management
- Associate - Culinary Arts