Hood and Stacy PA is a debt collecting law firm. As the account clerk I am responsible for processing payments using many different types of computer systems.
- Account Clerk at Hood and Stacy PA
- Lead Toddler Teacher at Peacekids Learning Center and Preschool
- Lead Teacher at The children's Hour preschool
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing with a Minor in graphic design
- Associates - Early Childhood Education
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
tracking Brand Inspectors overages/shortages as well as maintain a sophisticated filing system. I worked for the Del Norte County - First 5 program where I worked as a Senior Account Clerk processing payroll for employees. I worked as a Cashier for Gas 4 Less and Patriot gas stations where I opened and closed out the cash register while providing excellent customer service.
- Senior Account Clerk at State of California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Payroll Officer at Gardner's Landscaping
1 year at this Job
This is a high performance technical account clerk position. Fiscal duties include, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable functions and other related fiscal work for Court Administration, Bail Administration, Judicial Operations, Juror Services and District Court offices; assists with the processing of various human resources documents. Handles Tax Forms 1099 for our county constables and W-9 Tax forms for our vendors and service partners. Receptionist duties include the following: telephonically and in person, greet clients, attorneys and/or the public; checks the court schedules for persons seeking information; directs telephone calls and correspondence to the appropriate staff member, screens telephone calls, relays the appropriate information to the appropriate staff member; clocks in, open and distribute mail.
- Court Administration, Account Clerk at COUNTY OF LANCASTER
- Financial Management Technician at U.S. ARMY RESERVE
- Hostess & Server at U.S. ARMY RESERVE
- Assistant Teacher at U.S. ARMY RESERVE
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Criminal Justice Administration
I was initially hired as the receptionist/OA for the Department of Behavioral Health's Business Office in the Financial Division. My responsibilities included the following: answering and routing telephone calls; greeting and assisting the public describing services provided; explaining the application process and eligibility requirements; assisting in completion of forms or complaints; directing the public to the proper department or official and mail preparation and distribution. I received and recorded cash or check payments for fees, permits, fines or installment payments. In March of 2017, I was promoted to the Centralized Avatar Adjustment Team. My primary responsibility was to review clients’ accounts/received services to identify errors that would prohibit the billing process, reduce the chance of denials and increase revenue. The CAAT team’s primary function is to fix any discrepancies or issues that would disallow or prohibit the billing process. We accomplish that by running various reports, exporting the raw data and manipulating that data to pin point what programs are producing multiple errors that would cause loss of revenue, and then making necessary adjustments as well as notifying staff of errors and offering training if needed. In April of 2018 I promoted to Account Clerk 1 and joined the Medi-Cal billing team. I bill for clients who are recipients of Medi-Cal and receive services from the County of Fresno or a provider that we are contracted with. I am responsible for processing Compliance as well, that is when we are paid for services that were non-billable so we must process the needed void and send the payment back. I am well versed in billing to include Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, Private Insurance, or Self-Pay. Daily tasks include data entry, word processing, filing, sorting, distributing and processing materials, checking documents for completeness, and maintaining various records. I utilize several different databases to process records and enter data on forms and into data systems, ensuring forms or reports are complete, accurate, and filed with other agencies timely. I prepare personnel action requests, and requisitions. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Account Clerk 1 at County of Fresno, Department of Behavioral Health, Financial Division
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Lion Raisins Inc.
- Legal Assistant at Law Offices of Sherri Rich Mount
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Correctional Program Supportive Services
- High school - General Education
Created and documented various Standard Operating Procedures for my position. Created intra-departmental processes and Purchasing procedures for the organization. Developed standards for cross-referencing files as well as vendor names. Tested and imported files for new software while creating draft procedures.
● Ran aging report in Paragon Accounts Payable system and saved in Excel format. Utilized various formulas and filters in Excel to propose payments to be released to my Director. Printed average of 160 checks weekly, which included payments for; products, repairs, services, utilities, various agencies, and employee travel expenses.
● Printed patient refund checks for outpatient and inpatient locations, average of 200 checks per week.
● Researched and printed appropriate vendor 1099-MISC forms annually per IRS instructions. Submitted 1099 file to IRS electronically.
● Processed all non-purchase order invoices for support and maintenance contracted items and leased properties. Read contracts for appropriate payment terms and to confirm fixed and variable CPI rates as necessary.
● Submitted Independent Contractor reporting to EDD bi-monthly.
● Processed and reported Resident and Non-resident withholding information to the CA FTB via appropriate forms by quarterly deadline.
● Processed Unclaimed Property for all checks issued and reported and remitted property based upon regulations per state. ○ Created various Journal Entries and posted them to the General Ledger monthly. These included; Accounts Payable coding corrections, transfer of expenses between departments for postage, and monthly accruals. Accruals were done as reversing entries made up of invoices still out for approval, surgery implants, and estimates for invoices not received for repairs and maintenance performed.
● Coordinated annual audit with outside vendor and internal personnel. Created various supporting items for audit including; future 5 year minimum lease schedule, data for bank and insurance confirmation letters sent by audit firm, and Accounts Payable reports of checks issued or voided. Assisted with footnotes as needed.
● Tracked and reported legal and consulting hours and dollars for annual Cost Report.
● Reconciled multiple General Ledger accounts monthly.
● Participated in panel interviews, performed phone screening interviews, and trained multiple new hires and temps for Account Clerk I and II positions.
● Monitored statements and entered invoices with Purchase Orders. Fixed pricing discrepancies and communicated quantity issues to Receiving department.
● Scheduled and attended meetings for various committees and teams. Created meeting agendas and took meeting minutes.
● Obtained W9, conflict of interest, and resident withholding forms from new vendors and reviewed for accuracy. Performed Federal OIG checks on potential new vendors and reported findings or potential conflicts to Compliance officer.
- Account Clerk II at Marshall Medical Center
- Account Clerk I at Marshall Medical Center
- Accounting and Payroll Clerk at Whitewater Connection
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associates in Arts - Business General
- High School Diploma
• Prepare Purchase Orders
• Acquire authorization for all department purchases
• Match invoices to Purchase Orders and complete payment process with Fiscal Department
• Resolve all inconsistencies with billing via quotes and contracts
• Create & Assign new work orders
• Answer Phones
• Pick up mail from mail room and distribute to department
• Type letters
• Scanning, emails and faxing
• Secure all necessary signatures for purchasing
• Produce all necessary forms and follow procedures for purchasing such as three quotes, single source, credit card purchase, voucher payments and petty cash purchases
• Prepare new purchase order requests end of each year
• Order all office supplies and control inventory
• Prepare all Preventative Maintenance schedules Senior Typist - Binghamton Police Department Records Division -Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY
• Maintained spreadsheet for FOILS
• Maintained spreadsheet for Dept. of Social Services & Child Protective Services
• Obtained reports and duplicated for District Attorney's Office
• Obtained reports for FOIL requests from public
• Scanned 710Z reports and sealed reports of juveniles
• Requested and billed for Videos, CDs and Street Cameras
• Scanned and printed requests for motor vehicle accidents and incidents
• Answered multi-line phones
• Obtained and duplicated reports for Probation Department
• Maintained files for Denied, Approved, Lawyers, and Correctional Facilities
• Charged out and notified requestors dealing with FOILS
• Handled Victims of Crime Reports for Albany Crime Victims
• Maintained Property Sheets Access Care Representative - United Health Services - Vestal Parkway, Vestal, NY
• Scheduled appointments for 57 different medical providers per day - usually logging about 500 calls per day
• Filled prescriptions for 57 different medical providers daily
• Took messages for 57 different medical providers daily
• Evaluated phone calls and transferred to appropriate staff to fulfill client needs
• Entered information for patient demographics as required by employer Senior Data Entry Clerk - Binghamton Central School District - Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY
• Created Staff Directories for City of Binghamton School District
• Assigned Homerooms
• Gave teachers access to their electronic learning plans
• Created new websites for teachers for communicating with and gave teachers access
• Scanned all testing as required by NYS - BOY, MOY, EOY and Brigance Tests given throughout the school year
• Entered residency information for students
• Produced scan enable test answer sheets
• Produced labels for students, teachers, and parents
• Handled requests for confidential student information from Wyoming Home Conference
• Entered attendance data daily
• Compiled NYS Testing information
• Answered multiline phone and handled questions
• Entered and verified student information Patient Representative/Rehabilitation Services - Vestal Parkway, Vestal, NY
• Scheduled patients with variety of available therapists at the facility
• Answered an eight line telephone and handled voicemail, intercom and paging
• Data entry of patient information and demographics into computer
• Assisted patients with insurance and billing questions
• Explained office payment policy to patients
• Accepted payments via credit card, cash, check Customer Representative/Third Party Collector for NCI - University Plaza - Binghamton, NY
• Set up payment plans for clients
• Accepted payments via check or credit card for immediate payment of collections
• Researched and explained account status to customers
• Explained financial consequences of failure to make payment on past due bills Office Manager, Front Desk/Dental Assistant - Dr. Robert Giannuzzi - Riverside Drive, Johnson City, NY
• Maintained all financial records for dental practice: accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, payroll, tax deposits, billing and collections
• Bookkeeping and taxes for (ROICO) - employers real estate and investment company
• Interviewed, hired, trained and terminated all office staff and dental assistants for practice
• Established all patient file systems, previous patient master card recall system, personnel records system
• Created training manual for all dental assistants
• Created individualized payment policies for all patients unable to meet routine payment policy
• Scheduled patients and created appointment confirmations
• Processed enrollments and resolved claim disputes for staff Blue Cross/Blue Shield
• Entered patient information/demographics
• Assisted in all endodontic and surgical procedures
• Created sterilization procedures and trained staff on how to follow sterilization procedures and requirements
• Maintained office and dental supply inventories WORK REFERENCE Mr. Peter Neferis Willow Point Nursing Home Supervisor Old Vestal Road Vestal, NY (607)-763-4904 Dr. Robert Giannuzzi 240 Riverside Drive Johnson City, New York 13790 (607) 723-5093 Mr. Michael Purdy, Director of Information Services Department Binghamton Central School District Hawley Street Binghamton, NY 13902 (607)-8100 ext. 222 Stephanie Jerzak Willow Point Nursing Home Accountant Supervisor Old Vestal Road Vestal, NY (607) 763-4202
- Account Clerk at Willow Point Nursing Home
4 years, 5 months at this Job
Fiscal Account Clerk Supervisor: at CCDOH (Substance Abuse Services). Responsibilities included; supervising fiscal clerks, front line staff, and medical records staff. Covering in the absence of staff. Conduct yearly evaluations, signing leave request and time sheets. Responsibilities included managing the office. Attending meeting and workshops, and reporting to staff the outcome. Scheduling workshops and meetings. Overseeing client accounts, billing outside agencies for client services. Processing consultations time sheets for payment.
- Fiscal Account Clerk Supervisor at Charles County Department of Health
- Fiscal Account Clerk Lead at CCDOH
- Office Processing Clerk at CCDOH
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School Grade - General Study
Now serving as a Senior Account Clerk under the leadership of Utility Service Administrator, and Revenue Supervisor, to supervise, direct, and handle customer concerns and problems; direct work; recruits, appoints, and trains staff.
• Posts service fees for delinquent utility bills.
• Reviews billing exception report in preparation for eight bi-monthly cycle billings, to be completed weekly.
• Queries various work orders form UB Queue to correct readings on utility billing accounts, to be completed daily.
• Served as Project Manager for the Lift-Up Program to assist seriously delinquent customers achieve and maintain a more manageable account balance.
• Answers telephone calls to assist customers.
• Assists customers by printing duplicate bills, providing annual printouts, and placing orders for reconnection of services.
• Verifies checks for adequate funds for meter reinstalls.
• Assists water service representatives and meter readers with information.
• Processes returned checks and drafts for collection.
• Establishes automatic bank (ACH) draft payments as requested.
• Audits delinquent utility accounts for unpaid balances.
• Researches public and private records to verify property owner, business owner and tenant information.
• Issues notice to corresponding City Departments of City Codes and Ordinances Violations.
• Purges and files unpaid utility bills.
• Generate refunds on utility accounts.
• Reviews accounts systematically for leak adjustment eligibility, applying to UB accounts once criteria is met.
• Mentor and coach new employees as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- SENIOR ACCOUNT CLERK at CITY OF SAVANNAH
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at CITY OF SAVANNAH
- CASHIER at CITY OF SAVANNAH
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - business
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Business Management
113 Felspar St. Ridgecrest CA, 93555 Account Clerk III (Insurance and Payroll Technician) Supervisor: Lori McGuire (760) 499-1600 Implement bookkeeping procedures; maintain records and accounts, prepare financial statements; maintain current status of accounts and budget and provide monthly reports; receive and account for all funds from sales and ensure proper banking of these funds; maintain security of all cash on hand; process accounts receivable and accounts payable; assist in payroll functions where required; prepare monthly and annual financial and statistical reports; perform other related duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Account Clerk III (Insurance and Payroll Technician) at Sierra Sands Unified School District
- Account Clerk I at City Of Santa Maria
- Confidential Office Clerk I at City Of Santa Maria
- HR Intern (for City of Santa Maria) at City of Santa Maria organization
6 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree in Electronic Technology - Electronic Technology
- High School Diploma
• Monthly account receivables
• Post all Medical Payments
• Rebill claim denials to proper insurances
• Submit daily charges
- Account Clerk at Community Medical Centers
- Billing Coordinator at Hospice of San Joaquin
- Customer Service Representative at California Budget Finance
- House Cleaner at Sonia’s House Cleaning Service
10 months at this Job
- - Liberal Arts