Responsible to process payroll for over 1000 employees at multiple locations. Updated employee information in the payroll system and helped answer payroll questions. Prepared weekly payroll reports for plant managers, corporate managers and H.R. department as needed. Reconciled general ledger accounts related to payroll at month end. Prepared and entered journal entries. Set-up and assisted employees using the Concur expense reporting system. Accounts Payable: Entered invoices for payment after verifying accuracy using the three-way match system. Helped generate checks for a weekly check run of over $1 million dollars. Replied to vendor inquiries to resolve invoice issues or payment status. Moved to Accounting Administrator in 2015.
- Accounting Administrator at Dexter Axle
- Office Manager at Culligan of Michiana
- Customer Service Representative at Cerilean Products
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk at Microsphere, Inc
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Towson University Bursar's Office
8000 York Road Towson, Maryland 21252
Phone: (410) 704-6255
Position: Accounting Administrator
Duties: Performs entry-level accounting procedures for student accounts receivable and payable. Responsible for billing $3+ million annually to the state and federal government and other private sponsors; preparing financial documentation and journal entries; reviewing deposit postings for accuracy; preparing daily and monthly reports; and originating refunds to sponsors for cancelled classes and overpayments.
• Handles all aspects of billing for students sponsored by third party organizations. Prepare timely third party tuition bills in various formats, include all required documentation and update student A/R for third party commitments and payments. Maintain professional working relationship with government agencies.
• Manages Federal PLUS Loan refund procedures to sponsors via State of Maryland Comptroller & Treasury Management Office in Annapolis, MD.
• Monitors outstanding sponsor bills and take appropriate action to insure prompt payments.
• Review and verify receipt of funds in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems; Bank of America CashPro, PeopleSoft Financials, TouchNet, SalesForce, Internal Invoice System, and University lockbox before processing payments or refunds to over 20,000+ sponsored students annually.
• Assure accurate accounting for third party and student funds received through proper integration of financial access systems.
• Provides prompt assistance and accurate information to students and third party sponsors.
• Provides customer service to students in person and by telephone, e-mail, mail, etc. Answer student billing questions (i.e. Health insurance, 1098-T and refunds); assist with monthly billings, student dental insurance enrollments, application of internal payments, installment agreements, tuition remission, student emergency loans and document imaging (ImageNow).
- Accounting Administrator at University System of Maryland
- Communications Administrative Assistant at Chesapeake Contracting Services Inc
- Commercial Business Banking Teller & Sales Liaison at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
- Ecommerce Brand Ambassador (Contractual) at Under Armour Inc. Ecommerce Department
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Systems Management
- - Management & Marketing
Novi, Michigan 2018-Present
PEC is a leading supplier of automotive fuses that meets the needs of customers around the world.
Customer Support & Accounting Administrator
Responsible for obtaining customer forecast and purchase order as well as coordinating shipping and invoicing to customer. Creating sales reports for management.
• Administer customer accounts by communicating clients' updated information
• Process customer orders, generate sales invoices and shipping documents
• Monitor and follow up account receivables, expedite collections, and process customer adjustments
• Coordinate with logistic company and manage to maintain optimum inventory level of products at multiple warehouse locations
• Generate monthly sales reports and forecast
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; forwarding technical issues to engineers; explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
• Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
• Provide support to subordinate, and handle additional task as needed (734) 548-0736 Page 2 of 2
- Customer Support & Accounting Administrator at PEC of America Corporation
- US sales at ENA USA Inc
- Accounting Manager & Administration Coordinator at Magic BM Trading Company
- Store Manager at LG Beauty Supply, Sunny Beauty, Hollywood Beauty
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor - general
- Bachelor - Biology & Genetics
• For 9 years , as the Client Accounting Administrator, I reconciled a portfolio of 30-50 collection accounts in preparation for daily funding . I recorded all the data entry (commission, interest and miscellaneous charges) into the custom Factoring System program to prepare the monthly statements . I managed multiple excel reports essential for month end closing. I also assisted with client inquiries ( via email and phone) and light filing . I offered daily support to the Collections and Check Application Dept with all their deposit transactions .
• The last 4 years, as the Senior Client Accounting Administrator, I oversaw all Funding for the Factors Department. I maintained and created all Wire and Bank transfer templates. I funded client accounts or 3rd party accounts that were domestic or International via Wire or ACH, USD or Foreign currancy. I balanced all daily transactions on the system and prepared excel reports for the Accountant each day. The last few months of employment I volunteered to help the Operation Dept . I created an Excel report that streamlined enormous amount of data into one Excel report for all On Account payments that have not been applied for months.
• In both positions I worked very closely and supported all the Factoring Account Executives, Accountants , CFO and The Client Accounting Manager.
- Senior Client Accounting Administrator at Sterling National Bank
13 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Media Arts and Communications
- - Media Arts And Communications
• Provided support to Chief Accountant and Accounting Managers of the Teacher's Retirement System of NYC.
• Prepared and distributed monthly financial reports of investment transactions relating to the Qualified Pension Plan (QPP) and Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) Programs to the Board of Directors, Mayor's Office, Comptroller's Office of New York City, and Office of the Actuary.
• Produced responses to requests and inquiries from stakeholders, members, and external entities in relation to the Qualified Pension Plan and Tax-Deferred Annuity Programs.
• Communicated changes in accounting standards, policies, and legislation to Accounting Division.
• Coordinated and collaborated with staff, investment managers, and NYC government agencies to produce responses to auditor's examination (such as the New York State Insurance Department, and Deloitte & Touch) of the pension system's financial condition and internal controls and procedures.
• Participated in the preparation of the pension systems Annual Financial Statements, managed transfer warrants, bank authorization signature cards, insurance claims and administered other activities of the Accounting Division.
• Attended meetings, recorded and transcribed minutes, coordinated events, scheduled calendars, travel; (fax, file, answered phones, and reconciled accounts payable).
• Processed requests for the Present Value of members fund balances.
• Published and coordinated Request for Proposals for consulting services.
• Managed special projects and budget of the Accounting Department.
• Provided support and coverage to the Procurement Unit for the acquisition of goods and services for the operation of the pension system.
• Registered staff for course training in current accounting and reporting standards.
- Accounting Administrator at Teachers' Retirement System of the City of New York
- Investment Administrative Assistant at Teachers' Retirement System of the City of New York
16 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
A privately and family owned company that sells and services new and used recreational vehicles and truck caps. Primary functions are to manage the daily operations of the finance and accounting department including:
• A/P, A/R, Journal Entries
• Bank Reconciliations
• Manage New and Used Inventory
• Benefits Administration, including 401(k) Administration
• Quarterly Tax Reporting
• Cash Management and Projection with Multiple Companies
• Manage Floor Planning with Multiple Lending Institutions
• Human Resource Functions
- Accounting Administrator at Berks Mont Camping Center, Inc
- Accounting Administrator at CMC Communications, Inc
- Accounting Administrator at Brainstorms Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Branch Manager at Patriot Bank
12 years, 11 months at this Job
- Certification Degree
- None - communications
Create financial transactions and reports, including posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. ❖ Reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy. ❖ Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner. ❖ Conduct periodic and monthly reconciliations of all bank and other accounts to ensure their accuracy. ❖ Provide information to external accountant. ❖ Calculate and issue financial analysis of financial statements. ❖ Maintain an orderly accounting filing system. ❖ Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements. ❖ Process payroll in a timely manner, including payments to Federal and State agencies, and submit W2's, 1099s to employees and independent contractors. ❖ Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Accounting Administrator at The Garden Barn Nursery, Inc
- Payroll Accounting Administrator at The Hartford Fire Insurance Company
12 years at this Job
- - Web Design
- - Early Childhood Development
Accounting duties include daily entering of invoices, printing checks for payment, reconciling vendor statements and contacting vendors for information. Additional duties include billing, processing cash receipts from bank and credit card payments, processing credit applications and collections. Other duties include training new employees on company software, processing time cards, ordering office supplies and payroll backup for controller. Previous responsibilities included entering sales orders for equipment for the sales department and communicating with customers.
- Accounting Administrator at TRESU Royse Inc
- Accounting Assistant at Colortyme Inc
- Accounting Assistant/Receptionist at Custom Information Services
- Administrative Assistant at PLAN AMERICA
13 years, 10 months at this Job
I was hired as a receptionist, quickly earned my way to Administrative Assistant and was ultimately promoted to Human Resources & Accounting Administrator
• Assisted with recruitment process by posting job ads and identifying candidates
• Scheduled and conducted job interviews
• Prepared new employee files
• Ensured background and reference checks were completed
• Collected employment and tax information
• Oriented new employees and served as a point person for all new employee questions
• Updated and audited employee time clock, time off, sick time and submitted payroll to supervisor
• Investigated employee complaints
• Prepared and mailed invoices to clients
• Posted payments to client accounts
• Prepared reports on delinquent accounts
• Maintained accurate records of petty cash box
• Ordered supplies from vendors while maintaining spreadsheet of changing costs
• Ensured that all payments were made in accordance with company policy
• Maintained positive relationships with vendors and other employees
- Human Resources and Accounting Administrator at LT Generators
- Part-Time Key Holder/Administrator/Team Member at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store
- Teacher Assistant at Dearborn Elementary
- Cashier at JCPenney
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Liberal Studies
- - Business Administration
- - Business
Handles account payable, administrative accounting for 14 dealerships from a central corporate office. Sort and distribute incoming mail. Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to data entry. Reconcile invoices with statements for payment. Process check requests. Audit and process credit card statements. Match invoices to checks and forward for signature. 1099 data maintenance. Respond to vendor inquiries. Assist in month end closing. Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist with various other projects as needed. Use of Excel, Reynold&Reynolds, Microsoft office Suite.
- Accounting Administrator at Peacock Automotive Group
- Administrative Assistant at Southeast Motorcycle
- Business Office Associate at CarMax
- Customer Service Associate at Publix
1 year at this Job
- - Finance - Wealth Management