November 2018 - Present
Bookkeeping, Accounting & Auditing Clerk / Contract Manager
• Monitoring WIC local agency budget expenditures; Providing budgetary guidance and technical assistance to WIC local agency contractors and DOH Regional Office staff (written and verbal communication);
• Performing initial review of vouchers submitted by WIC local agencies for payment; approve for payment in the NYS Statewide Financial System (SFS) / Entering and tracking data in the NYS Statewide Financial System (SFS), Excel, and custom WIC Applications;
• Performing review of line item interchange requests from WIC local agencies submitted by regional office staff;
• Providing technical assistance on allowable expenses;
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of Project activities to ensure that the following required project deliverables are accomplished according to project regulations: Initial Vendor Contact, Receipt of Vendor Applications, Processing of Vendor Applications, Vendor Authorization, Vendor File Maintenance, Vendor Contract Compliance, Vendor Monitoring, Vendor Training, Contract Renewal and Non-Renewal.
• Review and process vendor applications to ensure the accurate determination of vendor approval or denial within the prescribed time frames.
• Facilitate development of contracts with approved vendors in accordance with Program rules, regulations, policies/ procedures.
• Conduct annual review and eligibility or denial determination of vendor contracts.
• Utilize New York State WIC Program Statewide Information System software, hardware and communication devices to ensure successful operation of program.
- Bookkeeping, Accounting & Auditing Clerk / Contract Manager at NYS Department of Health/Division of Nutrition
- Scorer/Grader at JC Construction
- Administrative Assistant at JC Construction
- Paralegal at NYS Department of State
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies - Communications and Politics
- Regents Diploma
Manager - Accounting and Auditing
• Manage a team of accounting associates to conduct audit, review and compilation engagements. Responsible for budgeting, planning, supervision, training, preparation and presentation of respective reports to client management or board members.
• Preparation of GAAP and OCBOA basis financial statements.
• Provide client assistance with budget preparation, bookkeeping, cash flow analysis, year-end close, new accounting pronouncement adoption, and tax planning.
• Prepare corporate, partnership, trust, non-profit and individual tax returns.
• Experienced in construction, manufacturing, distribution, service, real estate, retirement, and non-profits.
Manager - Accounting and Auditing
- Manager - Accounting & Auditing at St. Clair CPA Solutions
- Controller at Medical Solutions Supplier/Recovery Pump LLC
- Manager - Accounting and Auditing at Maillie LLP
- Partner at Morgan Moses & Company
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting and Business Administration
Maintained personnel records and administrative files for over 1500 people residing in base housing. Performed duties including budgeting, dispersing, analyzing, and accounting of $40,000 of inventory Maintained tracking system for 350 line items of inbound and outbound inventory Took over a failed training program for 47 personnel and restored all associated records in addition to implementing a 12 month training plan. Worked with a dynamic team to renovate 150,000 sqft of grounds and facilities
- Book Keeping, Accounting, & Auditing Clerk at United States Navy
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
Assignments included full-scope audits of complex contract-related audits included accounting system adequacy reviews, regulatory compliance audits, and financial performance audits of major and non-major contractors of the Department of Defense and other Executive Agency contractors. Service covered approximately 12 years and included significant roles from Auditor through Branch Manager (staff of approximately 40 professionals). Employing Agencies were: Defense Contract Audit Agency, Department Of Homeland Security, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction. Completed, with Distinction, two six-month tours of duty in Iraq as a contract auditor, and a working assignment in Kabul Afghanistan as a Senior Operations Auditor. Candidate retired in February, 2013 from active Federal service. Financial Institutions Regulatory Examinations Role: Director of Examinations for the Office of the Commissioner of Savings and Loans. This was a policy-level position of a term appointment by the Governor; tasked with reorganizing and stabilizing a division of field savings and loan examiners for the State of Illinois during the savings-and-loan crisis. Period covered more than four years and performance was considered pivotal with extraordinary accomplishments, by the Commissioner. Public Practice, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Roles: Staff Accountant, In-charge Auditor, Audit Manager. Experience gathered was primarily in Oil and Gas, Stock Life Insurance, Government Contracting, and Manufacturing and Assembly industries. Firms included Price Waterhouse, McGladrey, Hendrickson and Pullen, and Moles, May and Baskin. Service covered approximately four years and provided stable foundation for audit vocation. Commercial Companies Internal Audit functions Roles: Internal Auditor, Internal Audit Director, Operations Analyst. Employed in Oil and Gas Industry and Financial Institutions Industry, Candidate quickly achieved Subject Matter Expertise and was utilized in innovative Internal Audit functions. In both instances, Candidate was recognized and/or promoted to additional responsibilities in relatively short time. Service was over approximately three to four years and Candidate successfully selected and trained his successors as well as developed and documented SOP's and process descriptions. Transportation Industry, Operations Roles: Truck Driver, Product Delivery Specialist, Fleet Manager. Initially employed and trained as an Over The Road long-haul operator, Candidate's performance quickly led to specialized training and responsibilities followed by elevation to the Fleet Manager role with authority for nearly 100 trucks and drivers. Performance consistently exceeded expectations and produced enhanced revenue results for employer. Total experience gained over approximately seven-year period. Military Service, Active Duty and Reserves Roles: Aviation Electrician, Law Enforcement, Motor Transportation, US Embassy Security, Field Artillery, Training and Evaluation. Active Duty enlistment in US Marine Corps included Flight Line experience, Law Enforcement (Corrections) training and service, and an extensive tour of duty assigned to the US Embassy in Budapest, Hungary and the US Mission to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland as a Marine Security Guard. Reserve Component service with the Army National Guard, US Navy and Army Reserves focused on Supply, Motor Transportation, and Field Artillery avocations. Service was always Honorable and covered a total period of approximately 33 years. Candidate retired as high-tenure service member in July, 2001.
- Accounting, Auditing, Examinations, Financial and Compliance at Industry and Government
32 years at this Job
- Masters of Divinity
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
• Compile and audit revenue, records, and control documents
• Prepare exception reports for errors
• Reconcile bank balances; record general ledger entries
• Maintain AP & AR files
• Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
• Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
• Answer and direct calls and respond to inquiries
• Charge expenses to accounts
• Data entry for invoices and payroll
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
• Make sure expenses are controlled by receiving and processing payments
- Accounting/Auditing Clerk at Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
- Front Desk Receptionist at Preventive Care Health Services
- Assistant Store Manager at Hibbett Sports
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Associate of Arts
- High School Diploma
Arthur. heads, and the general public. time and expense reports. management, inventory, purchasing, cash receipts, and payroll reporting etc.
• Prepare the Fund Balance Roll Forward Scheduled which is used for supporting the budgeting process.
• Understanding and experience of working capital in preparing a budget.
• Prepare various financial reports and analyses as requested by the Finance Director.
• Understanding of purchasing laws, rules, regulations, and policies and procedures.
• Understanding of all tax payments received as required by law and book to the general ledger.
• Work with all bankers, financial advisor, and legal counsel on matters relating to the City of Port
• Forecast revenues, expenditures and year-end fund balances.
• Develop, plan, implement and administer departmental goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide financial services, which are budget and financial related.
• Assist with mid-year budget corrections.
• Assist in getting the Payroll Budget Projections.
• Monitor and approve expenditures posting to the general ledger.
• Effective working relationship with bankers, auditors, consultants, staff, directors and department
• Maintain Chart of Accounts and all Project Accounts.
• Complete Bank Reconciliations under the Proof of Cash Method.
• Prepare and maintain the Capital Assets, Additions, and Retirements.
• Prepare the Depreciation Schedule.
• Maintain and book all revenues received by the city.
• Cash Management.
• Manage Account Payables.
• Manage Account Receivables.
• Review and maintain Encumbrance Accounting.
• Maintain Grant Reporting and Draw Downs.
• Pay all the city bi-annual debt.
• Prepare the Debt to Maturity Schedule
• Implement Month End and Year End Closing Procedures.
• Prepare Quarterly Investment Reports according to Public Fund Investment Act.
• Oversee Payroll and all After-fact Payroll Taxes.
• Review and approve Coding of Check Request for Expenditures.
• Approve Requisitions for Purchases.
• Manage Employee Benefit ICMA and ROTH Plans.
• Liaison between the Financial Auditors and the Forensic Auditors.
• Administrator on all Bank Accounts of the City of Port Arthur.
• Setup and maintain all Treasury Management relation with bankers.
• Direct Year-end Physical Inventory Counts and post Final Value to the General Ledger.
• Prepare the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) for the audit of the City of Port Arthur.
• Oversee the preparation of the 941's Quarterly Tax Returns.
• Oversee the preparations of the TMRS Contribution Report (Texas Municipal Retirement System).
• Monitor all transactions that are posted to the general ledger from all departments and sub-systems.
• Train, evaluate, and supervise a staff of 10. Monitor employee performance, complete and approve all
• Work with Department Heads with various financial reporting, accounting, budgeting, grants, risk
heads, and the general public.
time and expense reports.
management, inventory, purchasing, cash receipts, and payroll reporting etc.
- Assistant Finance Director Accounting Auditing Financial Reporting at City of Port Arthur
- General Accountant / Investment Officer at Port Arthur Independent School District
- Internal Auditor at Lamar University
- Controller / Assistant Secretary at Home Care Supply, Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.B.A. degree - Accounting/Finance
at this Job
- Associate - Finance and accountancy
• Computerized Accounting
• Seminars to Professors: How to utilize technology in the classroom
- Accounting, Auditing & Business Administration Professor at Catedrático Auxiliar
- Vice President Product Development at Elitesoft LLC
- Consultant for Small Business at
- Business Administration Professor at Catedrático Auxiliar
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting Credits
- Doctor in Business Administration - Research
- Master - Technology Management
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Promoted positive attitude with vendors, property managers, brokers, and internal clients resolved REO issues, closed REOs and maintained files reviewed monthly management reports to ensure company-wide accuracy used accounting software to record, store, and analyze data complied with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations applied statistical, financial, accounting, auditing reports and tables to resolve cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable, receivable, profit and loss data used journals, ledgers, and computers to maintain financial records.
- Auditing Clerk at Fairfield Financial Group
- Scheduler at Kelly Educational Staffing
- Revenue Clerk / Accounts at Allied Home Mortgage Capital Corporation
5 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Responsible for maintaining updates of Excel spreadsheets for daily revenue audits of F&B outlets. Assist the F&B department with accounting office procedures and general account recociliations. Responsible for preparing all invoices and authorize vendor's payments in accordance with service standards to be submitted to Accounts payables. Assist with month end inventories and processing of data for month end closing of Financial statements.. Maintains and updates Excel spreadsheets of all Outlets. Inventory Control-Lost & Found Department - Performed inventory control of unclaimed items. Delivered found items to department and guests in a timely and efficient manner. Retrieved found items directly from the guest room attendant on guest floors at Wynn/Encore. Retrieved and transported found items from all hotel locations to the lost and found department. Responsible for transportation of unclaimed items/wardrobe box to overflow location, Assisted with the disposal process of items unclaimed in charger back. Processed and inputted and found items in charger back. Performed customer serviceand all other job related duties as assigned.
Responsible for maintaining updates of Excel spreadsheets for daily revenue audits of F&B outlets. Assist the F&B department with accounting office procedures and general account recociliations. Responsible for preparing all invoices and authorize vendor's payments in accordance with service standards to be submitted to Accounts payables. Assist with month end inventories and processing of data for month end closing of Financial statements.. Maintains and updates Excel spreadsheets of all Outlets.
Inventory Control-Lost & Found Department - Performed inventory control of unclaimed items. Delivered found items to department and guests in a timely and efficient manner. Retrieved found items directly from the guest room attendant on guest floors at Wynn/Encore. Retrieved and transported found items from all hotel locations to the lost and found department. Responsible for transportation of unclaimed items/wardrobe box to overflow location, Assisted with the disposal process of items unclaimed in charger back. Processed and inputted and found items in charger back. Performed customer serviceand all other job related duties as assigned.
- Accounting/Auditing Clerk at Wynn/Encore Hotel & Casino
- Casino Accounting Clerk at MGM Resort Intl
- Soft Count Clerk at The Mirage-Count Team Associates
- RSR II at Quest Diagnostics
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting