ACCOUNTING CONSULTANT / INTERIM CONTROLLER
• Identify monthly close process improvements and work with various functional teams to implement;
• Lead software conversions (Quickbooks to AppFolio and Skyline to Yardi);
• Document account reconciliation processes and prepare Standard Operating Procedures;
• Review and analysis of cashflow projections and modeling for improved accuracy;
• Entity formation, reporting and statutory compliance, dissolution - Delaware, Texas;
• Liaison with external auditors and preparation of audit schedules;
• Establish metrics, KPI's and Flash Reports for operations and executive management;
• Managing accounting department operations and supervision/training of staff.
- ACCOUNTING CONSULTANT / INTERIM CONTROLLER at Strategic Accounting Solutions - Real Estate Management, Construction, Hospitality, Manufacturing
- CONTROLLER at HMB Property Management, LLC
- CONTROLLER at Vista Host, Inc
- CONTROLLER at The Houston Food Bank, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Finance
Provide accounting services to a local mobile grooming business.
● Perform billing data entry, reconcile accounts, account for all purchases.
● Calculate and process payroll.
● File monthly payroll deposits.
● Prepare quarterly payroll tax returns (941, NJ 927, WR30, etc).
● Prepare quarterly sales tax returns.
● Reconcile accounts
● Create and analyze financial statements.
● Monitored the application of cash, and invoice billing.
● Previously prepared Corporate/Partnership and Individual tax returns f
- Accounting Consultant at Lauria Accounting
- Various at Various
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.B.A - Management Information Systems
• Accounts Payable Specialist | Gardner Family Health Network | Alviso, CA: o Reconcile invoices with packing lists and vendor statements from multiple clinics. o Code invoices and purchase orders into correct accounts for proper entry into the financial system. o Assist with month-end closing procedures. o Process remittance information from checks for invoices provided by vendors. o File and maintain accounting documents. Prepare reimbursement checks for mileage. o Reconcile various accounts and identify errors in posting.
• Accounts Payable Accountant | Planned Parenthood Mar Monte | San Jose, CA: o Full-Cycle Accounts Payable. o Created an Accounts Payable and Utility Payment Procedure Manual for departmental use aligned with internal policies and procedures. o Record transactions in subsidiary and general ledgers for Vendor and Utility Payments of 36 Health Centers and 2 Subsidiaries. o Monitor timely payments with supporting documentation for various health centers. o Prepare month-end accrual journal entries.
- Accounting Consultant at Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Accounting Intern at City of Milpitas
- Volunteer Income Tax Preparer at King County
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BA in Business Administration - Accounting
January 2014- ePostal Systems, Inc., W ellsville, NY Present Accounting Consultant -In a consulting role, handle all aspects of accounting for a small email messaging services company -Work closely with outside accountants with preparation of annual tax returns -Review and print annual federal 1099 and 1096 tax forms
- Accounting Consultant at ePostal Systems, Inc
- Assistant Controller / Accounting Consultant at Aptuit, LLC
- at Davenport Newberry Holdings LLC
- Assistant Controller - Investment Partnership Accounting at Oak Hill Partners, Inc
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
Aurora, Ohio - 2007-2018 ❖ QuickBooks Accounting Software Online ProAdvisor - I worked with client's consulting on which version of QBO to use, product installation, training, and follow-up assistance. ❖ Involved in the accounting industry handling Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable. ❖ Trainer/Educator for Cuyahoga Community College, University Hospitals, Northeast Ohio Real Estate Multiple Listing Service training clients in Word, Excel, the Internet, & Real Estate Proprietary software to name a few. ❖ Technology skills include MS Office, CRM software and QuickBooks Online. ❖ Organizational consultant for businesses wishing to set-up a new office or looking for organizational assistance in their current location. ❖ Fostered business relationships through the Chamber of Commerce, Trade Shows, and Professional Organizations.
- Accounting Consultant at Penca Enterprises LLC
- Marketing and Project Manager at Little Italy Redevelopment
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration & Marketing
Accounting Consultant for Opelika Housing Authority
➢ Audited and correct crucial accounts on the trial balance
➢ Identified and corrected errors in fixed assets and created an Excel workbook for the multiple housing entities to correctly identify fixed assets and calculate current and accrued depreciation
➢ Reconciled eight separate bank accounts that had not been reconciled in over a year
- Accounting Consultant at Robert Half Accountemps
- Accounting Manager (CONTRACT POSITION) at ZOe Pediatrics, ZOe Foundation
- Controller at JVL Laboratories, Inc
- Office Manager at Auburn Orthopaedic Center
3 months at this Job
- Master - Science of Accountancy
- Master - Business Administration
- Bachelor - Information Technology
Accounting Function within the Organization ❑ Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journal and logs using QuickBooks. ❑ Follow company established accounting process. ❑ Provide detailed analysis and explanation of all transactions. ❑ Prepare documentation to external auditors. ❑ Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Accounting Consultant at Homeboy Industries
- Senior Internal Auditor at LA Laser Center
- Senior Data Analyst/ Internal Auditor at Option Care
- Finance Lead - Revenue Cycle Management Operation at Medtronic
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting
Oil and Gas Industry - Directly Reports to Managing Partner Consult on various accounting processes as needed.
- Accounting Consultant at FLATIRONS RESOURCES LLC
- Senior Accountant at FLATIRONS RESOURCES LLC
- Specialist at BILL BARRETT CORPORATION
- Accounts Payable Specialist at ZAPPOS.COM
5 months at this Job
- Master of Professional Accountancy - Professional Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Provides accounting and reporting services primarily to Virginia-based transportation company.
- Accounting Consultant at
- Accounting Consultant at Capital One Bank
- Treasurer at Cantor Victory Fund
- Accounting Consultant at The Brinks Company, Performance Food Group, Alfa Laval
9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Accountancy - Accountancy
Consulting role to cover month long medical leave of Accounting Manager and currently working to maintain
selected balance sheet account schedules, payroll and health benefit reconciliations and assist with audit
• As Accounting Manager, managed monthly financial close, reviewed journals and reconciliations, prepared financial and management reports, maintained and improved accounting policies & procedures, coordinated with external auditors to effectively complete annual financial audit, assisted in scaling the accounting function and implement automated procedures, managed payable cycle.
• Reconciled 2018 prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and payroll deductions in accordance with GAAP requirements. Other projects and analysis as needed.
• Manage and review current prepaid, fixed asset, cash transactions for month end close.
- ACCOUNTING CONSULTANT at
- ACCOUNTING MANAGER at MDA US Systems/ SSL
- CONTROLLER/ ACCOUNTING MANAGER at NextBT Group
- GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT at
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics