Accounting Controller :
• Manage Accounts Payable, Payroll, Revenue Billing & Accounts Receivable
• Monitor A/P Aging Trial Balance & Oversee weekly vendor payments
• Assist with Monthly Close, Journal Entries, Cash Flow Projections & Annual 1099 Forms
• Seeking and Implementing improvements in Accounting Processes and Practices
- Accounting Controller at Sunrise Scavenger, a Purchase America Company
- Temporary Accounting Assignment at SYROS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC
- Accounting Supervisor at NEW ENGLAND CABLE NEWS
5 months at this Job
- BS - Finance
Currently working as a controller/accountant for a furniture company; Assets, Bank reconciliation, Liability & Stockholder equities and yearly tax returns.
• Management for customer's financial department with responsibility for budget, forecasting, payroll, account payable and receivable under GAAP standards.
• Ledger maintenance for closing activities
• Account payable functions
• Monitored and recorded company expenses
• Reduced credit period from 90 to 60 days
• Ensured compliance with accounts for audit
• Management for customer's vendor accounts, generating weekly on demand checks
- Accounting Controller at Controller
- Public Accountant at
- Controller/Accounting Manager at The NF
- Procurement manager / Account payable at The USA Bouquet
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- CPA Exam Prep - Accounting
- Master - Accounting and Finance Management (MAFM)
- Bachelors - Business Administration Accounting
- - Construction Management
- AA - Architecture
personal, PreHoldings LLC, Chew Publishing, CTPPS LLC, MAPPS LLC, IRAS Property, Krazyfit LLC, and MAC, LLC. Note: As some companies phased out new companies were created. Eight to ten companies usually active. TITLE: Accounting Controller/Full Charge Bookkeeping May 2009 - April 2018 All companies: Banking - Deposits, cashing, bank checks, etc. Keep all bank accounts up to date in Quickbooks. Give owner balances in books on all bank accounts daily. Enter all income, bills, loans, mortgages of all kinds. Print and enter all credit card, lines of credit, and pay pal transactions twice a week for accurate balances. Keep track of all lease to own properties and properties owned - income, deposits, expenses, and escrow accounts. Match up books with year-end mortgage statements. Give owners of lease to own properties their year-end information for their personal tax returns and provide them with proof of insurance on their property. Pay all bills, mortgages, taxes, investors, etc., online, by wire, or check. Bank recs on all bank accounts done on time. Payables weekly and monthly year to date financials provided to owner. Keep track of all intercompany income and expenses. Weekly payroll, payroll taxes, and reports. Create and keep accurate files. Order office supplies before they are needed. Set up utilities for the properties between tenants. Search online for owner information for properties for sale. Communicate with tenants, property owners, investors, and vendors when needed. Pick up and drop off mail daily. Provide all information requested by owner and take care of all that is requested by owner. Work with owner to customize their books to them and their businesses at all times.
- Accounting Controller/Full Charge Bookkeeping at Newport Wealth Solutions, Prefontaine & Henderson, LK Properties
8 years, 11 months at this Job
all financial accounting functions, supervision of accounting staff - monthly financial statements
- Accounting Controller at SIERRA AIR CONDITIONING
- Accounting Controller at HARDY CONSTRUCTION, INC
- Controller / CFO, Business at BECKER ENTERPRISES
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting
• Led and trained accounting control team of five staff members, to ensure the monthly review of all account reconciliations and account analysis as well as the carrying out of the accounting controls allowing to detect abnormalities and to carry out the necessary corrections
• Performed the monthly end closing controls, created a monthly close calendar for carrying out checks, determine the division of tasks for team members, present proposals to supervisor for resolution of important issues faced in the extra days and ensure deadlines are met by the time
• Supervised the correcting and regularizing accounting abnormalities project, weekly organization of meetings with the different entities of the bank to check the state of regularizations advancement and analysis complex problems, resulting the regularization of more than 70% abnormalities
• Supervised the project of reliability of the accounting information, analysed accounts and determined abnormalities origins, isolated the abnormalities generated by failures of the information system and tracked the quality department of data to carry out the necessary corrections on the system, resulting the decrease in the number of anomalies, and to gain time efficiency by 40%
• Examined the account analysis reports and ensuring the consistency of the comments attributed
• Prepared monthly of a control report and presented of areas at risk and areas for improvement for the management committee
• Performed the quarterly reportings for the parent company (about key risk indicators)
- Accounting controller at Societe generale bank
2 years, 10 months at this Job
• Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded in the correct period
• Managing all bank relations, daily operations, credit facility operations and bank reconciliations
• Hiring, training, mentoring, and assisting in the management of finance professionals
• Establishing and strengthening entity level and financial internal controls by working in cross functional teams to establish and maintain standard operating procedures.
• Lead and coordinate the month-end accounting close, account reconciliations
• Lead, review, and prepare (if necessary) monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Performance packages
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Work with finance professionals and cross functional team members to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
• Facilitate the completion of the yearly audit and tax returns with the help of outside accountants
• Supports management planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating information
- Accounting Controller at Borusan Mannesmann Pipe US Inc
- Financial Planning Analyst at Borusan Mannesmann Pipe US Inc
- Import/Export Specialist at Eregli Iron & Steel Works Co
- Financial Analyst (Budget & Reporting) at Borusan Mannesmann Pipe US Inc
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in Accountancy - Relevant
- Bachelor of Business Administration - English
Managed accounting functions for company providing trade show flooring and exhibits nationwide with 37 employees and 53 subcontract labor workers. Collaborated closely with owner to ensure accuracy of financial records through precise entry, auditing, correct chart of accounts set-up, and reconciliation of all accounts. Created and improved policies and procedures to enable uniform methods for sales team to submit orders for processing and ensure customers receive correct orders and superior service. Performed full cycle accounting duties, prepare financial statements and reports, reconcile accounts, and forecast cash flow.
• Audited previous financials, which revealed errors and incorrect set-up of company records, and teamed with CPA to amend records.
• Turned company around to achieve first-time profits.
• Created first asset list for company.
• Received refund of over $14,000 by appealing annual insurance audit.
• Saved company 30% on insurance during renewal of corporate policy.
• Increased revenue and decreased overhead and losses by creating efficient policy and procedures.
- Accounting Controller at Under One Roof Tradeshow Services, Inc.
- Controller at STRICKLAND & SONS PIPELINE, INC
- Accounts Payable Manager at SOUTHERN WALL SYSTEMS
- Controller at UNGER ELECTRIC, LLC
2 years at this Job
- - Accounting & Business Management
Current. Controller ($11.1 million 220 rooms) Provide financial analysis and support to all departments using trends and budget. Ensure controls are in place to maximize profits and minimize losses by retaining revenues, budgeting expenses, and safeguarding assets. Supervise, evaluate and guide accounting staff in accordance with hotel guidelines. Payroll preparation and process for 85+ employees. Update monthly forecast with revenues and expenses for department heads to review and flex as needed. Prepare yearly budget using previous years trends, projected future projects and revenue bookings. Create monthly financial reports and submit with accurate representation to ownership. Perform audits on all accounting aspects as preferred by hotel management including Payroll, Tip Deductions, AR, AP, Inventories, forecasting, house banks, wage increases, and daily revenues. Bank reconciliation; cash deposits, credit cards deposits, wire transfers, bank fees, and chargebacks.
- Accounting Controller at Embassy Suites
- Account Manager at Renaissance Marriott
- Assistant Controller at Residence Inn and Courtyard Complex
- Senior Staff Accountant at Avalon Hotel
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Studies and concentration in mathematics
• Oversee debt, capital, and liquidity strategy, and evaluate and market financing rounds to fund the Company's growth and provide for ongoing liquidity.
• Develop and oversee the financial reporting process including monthly profit and loss, actual vs. forecast for key metrics and operating levers to measure and improve company performance, with an eye towards rapid growth and scalability.
• Successfully build and develop a high standard team and navigate it through high growth phase.
• Establish accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the US GAAP accounting standard.
• Successfully lead multiple projects, such as Hyperion (PBCs) and Concur implementation, accounting system upgrade, and Chart of Accounts re-design, while being deeply involved in building team skills and in the tactical execution of strategic vision.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- VP of Accounting & Controller at ConcertoHealth
- International Controller at Interush Inc
- Senior Auditor at SINGERLEWAK LLP
- Senior Consultant & Auditor at BDO ALLIANCE USA INDEPENDENT MEMBER FIRMS
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accountancy - Chartered Accountancy
- Bachelor of Commerce - Accountancy
• Manage three accounting staff members, which includes overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections and all other accounting and finance processes within each homeowner's association.
• Maintain and supervise all financial recordkeeping for over 45 homeowner's associations.
• Prepare, sustain and manage each association's annual operating & capital budgets, track monthly revenue and expenses as well as provide monthly reporting to each association's officers.
• Collaborate with Community Managers and Board of Directors to plan for all capital projects and expenditures, direct and assist in the funding of those projects providing periodic feedback as needed.
• Assist and provide direction to each set of board of directors regarding investment of all capital funds, ensure each association is compliant with state guidelines for association reserve savings and work closely with financial institutions and advisors of each association.
- Homeowner's Association Accounting Controller at SIGNATURE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, INC
- Community Finance & Accounting Manager at GUARDIAN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LLC
- Warranty Coordinator at INSIGHT HOMES
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT