Foley, Alabama (January 2017 - present) Providing financial and analytical support for all areas of the OWA development, including the accounting for construction, on-going development, amusement park and leasing tenants. Financial Accounting Controller
- Financial Accounting Controller at OWA
- Assistant Financial Accounting Controller at CIE Corporate and its enterprises
- at Creek Indian Enterprises Development Authority
- Staff Accountant II at Creek Indian Enterprises Development Authority
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Accountancy - Auditing
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Washington, DC July 2013 - Present
National culinary brand with fast-casual and café-style restaurants as well as a line of dips and spreads sold in Whole
Foods and specialty grocery stores nationwide
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING - CONTROLLER
Developed accounting and payroll team from the ground up for a start-up company that has grown from 5 restaurants and $10 million in revenue in 2013 to a current size of over 300 restaurants, 2 food manufacturing commissaries,
over $400 million in revenue and over 8,000 employees. Directed and led a staff of eight accounting and payroll
professionals. Oversaw the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package to executive management,
refining the package to meet the changing reporting demands. Worked cross-functionally with other directors to develop departmental budgets and processes to hold departments to account. Responsible for multi-state licensing,
personal property tax, and sales tax returns. Provided cash management, including overseeing reconciliation of banking activity and credit card processing. Ensured risk management through setup and negotiation of insurance
policies including Worker's Compensation, Property, Liability, Crime, Cyber-Risk, and Director and Officers
Liability. Responsible for annual audit and corporate tax returns with external auditors and navigated company
through multiple equity raises, a corporate reorganization, and an acquisition. Led compliance efforts as the company expanded into new states and experienced rapid growth, subjecting the company to new regulations such as
• Led implementation of ERP system upgrades from Quickbooks to Compeat and then from Compeat to Oracle Netsuite on the restaurant business and from Quickbooks to Sage X3 on the consumer products business which helped the company scale while reducing headcount and associated costs
• Developed, documented, and implemented internal control systems from the ground up which kept audit fees low and led to improved financial reporting to the board
- DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING - CONTROLLER at CAVA GROUP
- CONTROLLER at LONG FENCE & HOME
- CONTROLLER at SBM FINANCIAL GROUP
- SENIOR ACCOUNTANT at COHN REZNICK GROUP
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
General bookkeeping / accounting & office management duties with daily / weekly work in multiple key areas such as: A/P, A/R, Payroll, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Financial Reporting & Data Analysis.
• Managed successful implementation of improved accounting & production management systems & processes, by integrating formerly disparate inter-company administrative & manufacturing functions with Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions’ enhanced programs suite.
• Aided in developing & implementing company-wide standard best practices & procedures for sales, shipping/receiving, purchasing, and inventory, resulting in greatly improved accounting, financial controls, manufacturing costing, loss prevention, data security.
• Concepted & developed key operational metrics & reporting tools used in daily / weekly activity reviews, forecasting / trends for operation decisions, budgeting & long term business planning needs.
- Accounting / Controller at Pinto Barn, Inc // Don't Go Nuts, LLC
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk at Top Brass, LLC
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Fine Arts - Graphic Design & Commercial Art
•Handle accounts payable and receivable.
•Reconcile bank and expense accounts.
•Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounting journal entries and statements to prepare for year-end tax returns
•Manage office procedures to keep operations running smoothly.
•Monthly Financial Close
- Accounting Controller at Commonwealth Mailing Systems
- Accountant/Owner at Bookkeeping and Accounting Solutions
- Contract Staff Accountant at Valderas & Fishel, P.C
- Staff Auditor at Carpenter Co
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance
- CPA candidate
General Contractor and Construction Manager, $3 million annual revenue
➢ Successfully transformed accounting department from Excel based accounting system to Sage 100 Contractor
• System of reporting is now percentage of completion, prior was cash basis
➢Establishing a month end close system and process
• Preparing and reconciling financial and job reports through Sage 100 Contractor, establishing supporting documentation
• Discussing results and variances with upper management along with strategic planning to address negative variances
• Dialoguing with Project Managers to understand over and under billings for individual projects
➢Responsible for cash-flow enhancements
• Establishing a 12 week look-ahead spreadsheet to ascertain expected cash inflows and outflows
• Working with surety companies to increase bonding capacities on a per job and aggregate basis
• Arranging with vendors and subcontractors pre-payment discounts, greater credit, and/or longer payment terms
➢Preparing AIA requisitions to clients, and receiving payment requisitions from subcontractors
• Reviewing requisitions with Project Managers before submission to client or entering into financial software
➢Reconciling bank and vendor statements monthly
- Accounting Controller at Collier Construction, LLC
- Senior Accountant at All Air HVAC
- Project Accountant at Lendlease
- Cost Accountant at UA Enterprises
10 months at this Job
- MBA - Public Accounting
- BA - Economics
• Prepared monthly financial statements for management company, unallocated properties and related LLC entities. Calculated return on investment for each property.
• Financial reporting to lenders and investors.
• Calculation of operating cost recoveries for office buildings.
• Review residential and commercial leases and provide move-in package for processing.
• Review cost recovery of former tenants and provide move-out package for processing.
• Preparation of corporate and property budgets.
• Calculation and reconciliation of management fees, payroll reimbursements and commissions.
• Daily cash management and cash for preparation.
• Supervision of accounts receivable and payable functions
• Preparation of year-end tax packages for contracted accounting (CPA) firms as well as investor accountants.
• Payroll input and maintenance of employee personnel information.
• Administration of company's benefit program.
• Supervision and hiring of staff
• Implementation of new accounting software (Skyline presently to Yardi).
• Calculation and processing of CAM, Insurance and Property tax billings for retail properties.
• Processing of annual rent registry for RSO and SCE payments.
• Calculation and processing of annual business tax.
• Review of outside management company statements.
• Analysis of financial information provided by prospective tenants.
• Administration / maintenance of lender impound accounts for reimbursement analysis.
• Administration and bidding of property insurance policies.
• Maintenance of corporate and limited liability partnership records, amendments, secretary of state filings, etc.
• System Admin for accounting software.
• Ad HOC reporting.
- Property Accounting Controller at 1st London Lending
- Interim/Contract Roles at Contract Roles
- Finance/Accounting Manager at Sentry Control Systems, LLC
- Accounting Manager at Registry Monitoring Insurance Services
8 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting
Recruited by the owner and retired CFO of this expanding $6.5 million hospitality company to manage all accounting functions over three business lines. Oversee preparation of budgets, forecasts, and financial statements with analysis and recommendations for owners and management.
• Create, implement, and oversee the accounting process and procedures across special events & catering, corporate food service, and retail café business lines.
• Analysis of financial statements on an event, division, and companywide level to provide insight into profit margins and areas of cost management.
• Improve cash management by creating cash flow forecasting reports and restructuring payment terms for client contracts.
• Create annual forecasts and budgets, including midyear adjustments and present to management team.
• Oversee preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns.
• Oversee payroll and employee benefits including analysis to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Provide recommendations for management bonuses based on financial performance.
- CFO, Accounting Controller at JEWEL HOSPITALITY, INC
- Senior Associate, Federal Tax at KPMG, LLP
5 years at this Job
- Masters - Professional Accounting
Property management company with 16 commercial properties and $19M in annual rental income. Worked directly under the president and vice president (VP) to turn around an ailing accounting department; improved performance and profitability by restructuring the accounting team and streamlining the preparation of financial statements, general ledgers, reconciliations, journal entries, and payroll. Implemented centralized accounting, information systems and internal controls for properties. Key Contributions: ✓ Within six months, transformed a disarrayed accounting department into a well-structured business unit by organizing files, accurately delivering reports and statements, and training staff. ✓ Reduced the completion time for accounts receivable collections due on the first of the month from 20 days to as quickly as one day, with 50% of clients prepaying. ✓ Expedited workflow by transitioning Harvey Capital from an internal automation workflow system to Yardi Voyager. ✓ Served as the company-wide Administrator while concurrently preparing general ledgers, financial statements, accounts payable and receivable and payroll for the accounting department. ✓ Handled logistics for monthly property manager meetings, including preparing and distributing financial reports to personnel and scheduling meeting times and dates alongside the VP. ✓ Accomplished record of consistently meeting deadlines for financial statement delivery.
- Corporate Accounting Controller at Harvey Capital Corporation
- Partner at Glowka & Wong CPA's
- Intern at Glowka & Wong CPA's
13 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting Theory and Practice
Oversee all aspect of construction accounting. Preparation of financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis. Management of human resources and handling of all daily accounting operations including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, direct billing. Prepare and submit union payroll and benefit reports. Prepare all AIA billing forms and submit to General Contractors. Review and execute all contract insurance requirement and certificate of insurance. Manage all annual recertification, pre-qualifications, health, general liability and workers compensation insurance renewals. Payroll Audits, Worker's Comp Audits, Certified Payroll. Peachtree, Timetrak and Millennium software, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Accounting Controller at Trade Images
- Accounting Manager at Pro-Spec Painting, Inc
- Vol. Director of Finance, CFO at Lighthouse Community Church
- Emergency Room Nurse Technician & Graduate Nurse at Shore Memorial Hospital
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Phi Theta Kappa
Responsibilities I do all the accounting work for the fleet department along with billing. I handle the payables and receivables. I also help out other departments with miscellaneous accounting work. I.e posting journals and invoices. Accomplishments I learned the Reynolds and Reynolds systems fast. I learned the new dealer built system quickly. Skills Used Strong work ethic. Fast learner. Love being busy.
- Accounting Controller at Chapman Chevrolet
- Accounting clerk at Pacifico Ford
- Main Banker at Harrahs Chester
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Diploma - High school