Advertising / Marketing Agency
Accomplishments and Job Experience:
• Brought all the accounting and general ledger functions in house. My year end trial balance along with all backup papers was sent to our CPA's to prepare the appropriate tax returns.
• Produced all of the client invoicing, employee time entry reconciliation and reconciliation of all client media buys.
• Worked with the account executives, production and media department managers.
• Worked closely with attorneys and accountants to produce all the financial information needed to facilitate a successful buy out and change of ownership in 2014.
• Implemented a $2.5 million yearly expense budget and reported any discrepancies every month.
• Hired and trained an accounting assistant to handle payroll, HR functions and the overhead accounts payable functions.
• Was part of the upper management team that met weekly to go over the corporate goals and to problem solve any issues.
• Worked very closely with two different IT Specialist companies and was a big part of switching from one company to another.
• Hired an internal IT Technician and managed for two years. Software and Program Skills:
• Worked with a program called TOM (Traffic Office Manager).
• Facilitated the installation and use of two separate full service agency programs, Silent Partner and Workamajig (formerly Creative Manger).
• Installed QuickBooks Pro for all payroll functions and journal entries were entered into the general ledger.
• Microsoft Office Products; Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Google AdWords, Twitter, Facebook, all the social media programs - In regards to client billing, to print off invoices and match with credit card charges.
• Helped facilitate the move from Microsoft Exchange to G Suite (google) and was an administrator.
• Vast knowledge and understanding of servers and networking as it relates to an office environment. Experience
- Accounting Director at Hailey Sault / H.T. Klatzky & Associates
- Tax Preparer at RSM McGladrey
- Accountant at Alaspa & Murray CPA’s
- Accountant at L.T. Harney, LPA
17 years, 4 months at this Job
Director of Accounting for about 12 centralized hotels. Last 8 months contract doing g/l cleanup and training only.
- Accounting Director at American Liberty Hospitality
- Hotel Accountant at Cambria Suites Downtown Rockville
- Corporate Controller at Excel Group
- Hotel Controller, Westin Washington Dulles at JHM Hotels
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Managed two employees and oversee the entire accounting department which include financial details on 9 restaurants, 6 property management company, non- profit organization, month end closing cycle and performed variance analysis of accounts.
• Directly reported to CEO and handled all executive projects.
• Managed financial data to include preparing: consolidated financial statements, monthly/quarterly financial statements, general ledger, balance sheet, reconciliation, journal entries, fixed assets, Download transactions in QB, A/R and A/P.
• Monthly Reconciliation and Month end closeout.
• Assisted CPA with audit, maintain accounting records, and prepared for Quarterly and Year end reconciliation.
- Accounting Director at Jesus & Butch, Inc
- Senior Staff Accountant at Hunt Consulting, PC
- Subrogation Claims Manager at CNA Insurance Company
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Political Science
- Associates - Business Administration
- High School Diploma - EXPERIENCE
Supervise reinsurance and loss accounting staff, three direct and nine indirect. Worked directly with Executives and Product Managers to achieve reporting solutions. Supports Chief Financial Officer with daily operational functions including but not limited to reinsurance scenarios testing, operational reporting requests, and new product pro-forma. Prepared financial pages for presentation to senior management i.e. weekly flash reporting. Review/approve complex general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations. Compiled financial reports pertaining to premiums, losses and expenses. Review/approve the accuracy of the financial statements at end of the quarter for all Hudson Captive programs.
- Accounting Director at National Interstate Insurance Company
- Reinsurance and Captive Manager at National Interstate Insurance
- Reinsurance Supervisor at National Interstate Insurance
- Sr. Accountant at Ohio Mutual Insurance Group
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Business
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting/Business
• Supervised Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Purchasing clerks.
• Performed monthly calculations for bad debt, contractual allowances, interest expense on notes/loans, depreciation and amortization, property tax accruals, and other reconciliations.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Responsible for all journal entries in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Responsible for quarterly sales and use taxes and yearly 1099's.
• Responsible for preparing daily bank and credit card reconciliations, weekly 1099 payments, biweekly payroll, and daily deposit logs.
• Worked with software developer to create and implement accounting functions in the company's customized work order system.
• Developed and implemented policies and procedures for Accounting and Finance functions within the company
- Accounting Director at Cat5 Resources, LLC
- Accounting Director at Kiglapait Hospital Corporation
- Audit In-charge at Deloitte & Touché, LLP
- Audit Staff at Deloitte & Touché, LLP
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Oversee the day to day functions of a HVAC / Refrigeration company. To ensure staff coverage and financial growth.
• Is responsible to ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid.
• Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting payroll and balance sheet.
• Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
• Responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Credit, A/R and A/P.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP.
• Takes all employee time in office and in the field.
• Oversees administrator and warehouse staff.
- Accounting Director at QRC, Inc
- Accounting Manager at Synchrogistics, LLC
- Operations Manager at Klingenburg USA
- Office Manager/Full Charge Bookkeeper at Gefen Productions
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Business
• Managed and coached a team of 8 staff and senior accountants: 5 onsite and 3 offshore. Team responsibilities included: ◦ Monthly close for Cash, AR, Advance Receivables, Debt, Accruals for Revenue and Expense recognition in accordance with GAAP ◦ Monthly reconciliations and prompt variance resolution - under my leadership, GL variances for Advance Receivables aged over 90 days improved from several millions of dollars to near zero. All other team reconciliations improved to minimal GL variances and aged sub-ledger items over 30 days. ◦ Monthly financial reporting (internally and for parent company) ◦ AR invoicing and collection activities from other large financial institutions ◦ The accounting for two additional wholly owned subsidiaries (annual revenues exceeding $100M) ◦ Creation of financial schedules and support assembly for the annual financial statement audit from KPMG
• Fashioned all the required accounting processes and procedures needed for a significant restructuring of a subsidiary and directed their successful implementation
• Created, reviewed, and maintained the accuracy of knowledge guides for critical accounting processes for the Company. These guides comprised a process overview, background, and methodology rationale along with the specific steps for the processes' completion.
• Prepared and/or reviewed regulatory and compliance reports for parent (Credit Suisse) and for federal and state regulatory agencies
- Accounting Director at Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc
- Controller at VIA Motors, Inc
- Audit Staff/Senior at KPMG, LLP
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelors of Accountancy - Accountancy
The PGA Tour manages the operations of TPC Craig Ranch and is owned by Vantrust Real estate and David Craig. TPC Craig Ranch is a championship layout private golf course that has hosted WEB.com tournament and WEB.com qualifying events.
• Maintain the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, notes receivable, inventories, and assist HQ in monitoring fixed assets systems.
• Produce Financial statements and have a thorough understanding of financial information and be able to logically present financial data in a timely and accurate manner to Headquarters, the General Manager, club Department Heads, Headquarters and Ownership.
• Reconcile information from various point of sale locations for revenues, tax liabilities, cost of goods sold, cash, charge and member receipts. Prepare balance sheet and sub ledger reconciliations.
• Post monthly journal entries, prepare monthly financial reporting package. Record inter-company charges and verify balances in inter-company accounts with the appropriate affiliated companies.
• Review, identify and analyze any unusual fluctuations of financial information, research and explain significant changes of actual information versus budget to General Manager.
• Maintain fixed asset management system.
• Consult and assist department heads with the preparation of their annual budgets. Prepare budget package for Headquarters, General Manager, club Department Heads, and Ownership. Participate in budget call and make changes to budget as directed.
• Prepare local tax filings including sales tax, use tax, amusement tax, alcohol surtax.
• Prepare 1099 information for filing.
• Manage and supervise Accounting Assistant and their respective duties.
- Accounting Director at PGA Tour - TPC Craig Ranch
- Senior Staff Accountant at Club Corp
- at Club Corp
- Club Accountant at Club Corp
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
Outsourced CFO for Independent Financial Advisors. Offering full service financial accounting and human resources solutions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, recruitment and onboarding, benefit analysis, general ledger and bank reconciliation, budget planning and monthly financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Accounting Director at TRUCLARITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
- CFO Consultant at ICE CREAM FOR YOU, INTL LLC dba TOPPER'S CREAMERY
- VP Human Resources & Accounting at PLATINUM BANK
- Accountant at PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING & CONSULTING, LLC
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
August 2015 to November 2018
MV Transportation, Inc. is the largest privately-owned public transportation company in the United States, operating more
than 200 contracts across North America.
❖ 2nd position - Accounting Director of the Southern California Region (over 150 million in annual revenue)
• Supply regional and divisional support in all accounting and financial matters o Guide divisions in GAAP and corporate accounting policies * Revenue recognition, fixed asset treatment, prepaid expense amortization, and other areas o Develop, direct and monitor divisional financial improvement plans o Develop and lead regional accounting training for current and new employees o Support and advise Pricing Department on bid models for pre-bid and re-bid situations o Provide on-site administrative, financial, and accounting direction during start-ups and shutdowns o Review and approve regional Capital Expense Requests o Lead weekly payroll and AR collections reviews with divisional and corporate management teams
• Prepare weekly and monthly financial tools for Regional VP and Senior Leadership Team o Perform financial performance analysis and monthly forecasting for regional divisions o Prepare annual budgets for regional divisions and present with RVP to Senior Leadership Team o Complete ad hoc projects as requested by VP of Finance, RVP, COO, CEO, CFO, or Senior Leadership
• Direct monthly close procedures for 19 separate divisions and regional rollup o Review individual monthly financial statements with divisional management teams o Identify trends and discuss expected changes o Manage all divisional adjustments and consideration of GAAP and corporate accounting practices o Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of final divisional and regional rollup financial results to RVP o Create RVP presentation of financial reviews and assist presentation to CEO, COO, and CFO ❖ 1st position - Senior Staff Accountant for Northeast and Central regions
• Reviewed and approved all journal entries from supported divisions (over 200 monthly approvals)
• Prepared and submitted monthly corporate journal entries (over 50 personal monthly entries)
• Mentored and trained fellow staff accountants o Created and led corporate training presentation on understanding proper revenue recognition
• Supported regional Accounting Directors on monthly financial reviews and financial improvement plans
• Provided all forms of accounting support to divisional general managers
• Responsible for several balance sheet reconciliations o Authored white paper identifying improper deferred rent reconciliation of prior years and proposed proper accounting method along with suggestions for needed prior-year adjustments * Created new deferred rent schedule for reconciliation o Authored white paper identifying improper accounting for capital lease and proposed proper accounting method with suggestions for needed prior-year corrections
- Accounting Director of the Southern California Region at MV Transportation, Inc
- Accounting Manager at 50 Floor, Inc
- Accounting Manager at Accurate Books and Tax
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting