As the Accounting Director I process daily receipts, AP and AR for all departments, budget management, financial reporting to City Administrator, Treasurer and City Council. I am responsible for monthly and yearly fiscal reports for departments. I maintain the General Ledger and all account numbers and balances up-to-date. I aid in the budget and tax levy preparation each year.
- Accounting Director at The City Of Morrison
- Business Office Manager at Morrison Community Hospital
11 years, 8 months at this Job
- Some college
Insures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of ILOTA are appropriately administered and safeguarded. Plans, organizes and directs membership promotion and retention programs, evaluates results, and recommends policies and procedures to achieve membership goals. Executes contracts and commitments for the ILOTA annual conference and all continuing education courses.
• Oversees the annual budget preparation with the Board of Directors.
• Prepares monthly association financial statements and variance analysis and presentation to Board of Directors at monthly meeting.
• Monthly allocation of membership, continuing education, advertising and scholarship revenues
• Manages bank account reconciliations, accounts receivable collection, and check preparation process.
• Liaises with accounting firm for tax return and annual audit information
• Leads all ILOTA events as Project Director including the 600 personal Annual Conference and all CE courses.
• Coordinates content revisions and writes copy for all ILOTA website updates.
• Maintains relationships with other associations, industry, government, and vendors in the best interest of ILOTA in conformity with the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Executive Director & Accounting Director at ILLINOIS OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSOCIATION
- Regional Specialist, Central US Region at YOUNG PRESIDENTS' ORGANIZATION
- Finance Director, Finance Department at ALLELUIA LUTHERAN CHURCH
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
I run all aspects related to the accounting cycle and turn in Sage 50 reports to the CPA. Process payroll including submitting payment to various government agencies. Other than accounting tasks I also have learned to read mechanical plans and send to to suppliers for quoting, resolve problems in the office with equipment, personnel and clients.
- Accounting Director at Comfort Planners Mechanical Inc
- Administrative Assistant at Professional Car Paing, Inc
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- BA - Accounting
*Drew up and filed articles of incorporation *Obtained IRS 501(c)(3) status *Accounting and annual tax/regulatory filings for ~$25,000/year frozen beef sales
- Accounting Director at Affordable Kosher Meats, Inc.
- Accountant at Parsow’s Fashions for Men, Inc.
- Controller's Department Accounting Supervisor at Kiewit Corporation
- Special Projects Accounting Supervisor at Kiewit Corporation
11 months at this Job
Oversee the execution of all accounting functions for the company, including European operations
and an Australia subsidiary
• Managed another accounting staff member to efficiently and effectively meet deadlines and budgets
• Effectively put into place policies and practices for collections that resulted in a substantial reduction in receivable outstanding time as well as reducing average 90-day outstanding by 30%.
• Evaluated internal controls and put into place improvements that reduced errors and omissions that improved accuracy of the accounting files and increased efficiently of department staff
• Helped evaluate service and product offerings for viability and assist in marketing execution plans that improved sales and ensured an acceptable return on investment
• Research the accounting ramifications of new product offerings, as well as initiating trademark, patent, and other governmental filings, in the United States and abroad
• Created a series of analytic reports and tests for management to ensure that services were profitable and that materials were being used efficiently
• Planned a series of Access databases to help track client information, and enhance recordkeeping to ensure that contractual obligations were being satisfied
• Reviewed and approved service contracts, pricing agreements, and payment terms with all clients.
- Accounting Director at MICROBIAL INSIGHTS, INC
- Accounting Manager at TOWN OF VINTON, Vinton
- In-Charge Associate at BROWN, EDWARDS, AND CO. LLP
5 years at this Job
- BS - Accounting & BS
Responsible for overseeing the general accounting and financial reporting functions and the financial services areas, including A/P and Payroll. Monitor, track and analyze all general ledger activity, month-end close including reconciliation of all bank accounts, journal entries, inter-company accounting, cash, management/reconciliation, balance sheet management and consolidated financial reporting. Coordinates work relating to internal and external audits, bond compliance and governmental reporting.
- Accounting Director at Columbus Regional Healthcare System
- Senior Accountant/Coordinator at Columbus Regional Healthcare System
- Office Manager at Moonlight Cycle Works
- Chapter Consultant at Sigma Kappa Sorority
6 years at this Job
- BS in Business Administration - Management Information Systems
Direct the accounting personnel and work closely with IT and HR management. Project manager for HR/Payroll computer systems Manage budgets and projections. Review contracts to ensure compliance Review journal entries, general ledger and create monthly financial statements. Manage cash flow, bank-related items and 401k items. Process fixed assets and federal reporting. Facilitate insurance meetings, budget committee and audits. Train as needed and provide various reports as needed. Member of Technology Committee Member of Health Advisory Committee
- Accounting Director at Pinal Gila Community Child Services
- ACCOUNTING MANAGER at Pinal Gila Community Child Services, Inc
- FINANCE GENERALIST at Pinal Gila Community Child Services, Inc
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK at Pinal Gila Community Child Services, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Accounting
Completing every day accounting tasks such as account audits, collections, and refunds while also handling spending approvals and ordering supplies. Keeping up with patient payments and posting them in their ledger to appropriate charges, communicating with attorney offices and upholding professional relationships. Putting together deposits and tracking them as well as any payments out of the company.
- ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR at PALMETTO PHYSICAL MEDICINE
- HEAD TELLER at UPSTATE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- LEAD TEACHER at SOLVERUS CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- BOOKKEEPER/CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER at INGLES MARKETS INC
10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
- High school
- - Accounting
* Created a new monthly reporting package directly from Deltek Vision professional service industry software (was done with Excel in the past). * Implemented many Deltek Vision features not used previously, including revenue generation, employee expense reports and data importing. * Created custom workflows in Deltek Vision to automate project status changes and alert project managers via email. * Made changes to improve efficiencies regarding most accounting department activities and processes. * Restructured staff responsibilities to cover a five month maternity leave of a Senior Staff Accountant.
- Accounting Director at B. THAYER ASSOCIATES
- Group Financial Controller at EMU HEALTH SERVICES, LLC
- Controller at NRAD MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, P.C
- Assistant Controller at KLOCKNER STEEL TRADE
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
• Accounting Manager for six (6) offices, responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable and premium financing.
• Provide daily updates on status of receivable balances to Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Monitor daily banking for all fiduciary and operating accounts
• Reconcile fiduciary and operating accounts daily.
• Scan and deposit checks electronically weekly.
• Maintain an internal database of client cash, direct bill income and payables.
• Import invoices from Epic for accounts payables, accounts receivables, and management reporting.
• Maintain excel sheet for AR aging, generate AR reports to accounts executives and producers monthly.
• Daily interaction with clients providing status updates on their premiums and follow-ups for payment retrieval.
- Accounting Director at Krauter & Company LLC
- Financial Representative at NYLIFE Securities LLC
- Assistant Vice President / Accounting Team leader at Frenkel & Co., Inc
3 years, 9 months at this Job