ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE CONSULTANT INT'L CORP (Non-Government Organization / Training and Consulting Company)
Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Accounting Officer, July 2009 - July 2018
• Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
• Check figures, posting, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
• Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
• Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
• Match order forms with invoices and record the necessary information.
• Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
• Prepare and process payroll and credit to individual employee accordingly.
• Complete and submit tax forms and returns, employee compensation forms, pension contribution forms, and other government documents.
- Accounting Officer at ASIA SOCIETY FOR SOCIAL IMPROVEMENT AND SUSTAINABLE TRANSFORMATION, INC
- Accounting Staff at CORTRUST MANAGEMENT & MARKETING CORPORATION
- Purchasing Staff at INTRIC ASIA DESIGNS CORPORATION
- Merchandising Clerk at PLAZA FAIR
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (B.S.) Banking
Mayagüez, PR $FFRXQWV 3D\DEOH 2IILFHU Review and verify invoices and check requests Match invoices and set up for payment Enter and post transactions to accounting system Prepare and perform check runs Reconcile accounts payable transactions Prepare analysis of accounts Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date Maintain vendor files Assist with month end closing Provide supporting documentation for audits Accounting officer subsidiary, Hecor, Inc., making the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Accounting officer at SHULHQFH
- Inventory Management at Sulky Lugo Academy
- at ESEMSE, Inc
- DME Specialist at RC Engineering, Inc
7 years at this Job
- Diploma - Biology
Supervisor: Tina Ramirez (916)327-1874
• Act as a lead for three entry level professional staff (Accountant Trainees) in the Accounts Payable and Travel Desk unit
• Work with staff to resolve complex accounting items, training, and workload issues
• Review and approve Fi$CAL vouchers as Accounts Payable Approver 1
• Review, analyze, and reconcile various Fi$CAL reports to identify problems related to the unit, such as, over-expenditures, accruals and encumbrances
• Analyze and work with both Accounting and program staff to ensure proper correction is inputted into Fi$CAL to resolve corrections to reports
• Ensure the Prompt Payment Act requirements are being met, review and approve invoice vouchers as Accounts Payable Approver 1
• Responsible for handling sensitive payments, including settlement and Government Claims Board claims, and claim schedules that need to be processed as special handling or as expedited payment
• Act as the CalATERS Global Administrator
• Review, approve, and ensure compliance to governing rules and regulations along with Department policies are met on Office Revolving Fund Requests (ORF), including Travel Advances, and miscellaneous advances
• Analyze and oversee the A/R process for outstanding travel advances, or other outstanding Office Revolving Fund items
• Responsible for preparing, reconciling, inputting, and depositing incoming checks in a timely manner into the State Treasurer's Office via the Remote Deposit Site system
• Coordinate with banking officials and oversee reimbursements to the bank for dishonored checks
• Responsible for cash management of all of the Department's fund appropriations and cash balances
• Act as the Accounting Office Records Retention Coordinator
• Responsible for processing Master Payroll for the Department and sensitive payments to employees, including garnishments, lump sum payments, and salary advances
• Develop and conduct training of year-end accruals for both Accounting staff and departmental staff in preparation of financial statements
• Represent DOC at meetings and Forums resented by Control Agencies regarding Fi$CAL and travel
• Develop written procedures and policies for the Claims and Travel desk
• Maintain the Travel Workbook and Accounting intranet page
• Responsible for reconciling, analyzing, and maintaining various Agency funds between the State Controller's Office (SCO) and Fi$CAL reports
• Prepare financial statements for the Department
• Assists both the Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) and the Chief Accounting Officer with special projects, as needed
- Senior Accounting Officer, Specialist at Department of Conservation
- Accounting Officer, Specialist at Department of Conservation
- Accounting Officer, Specialist at Department of Conservation
- Accountant Trainee at Department of Conservation
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy - Accountancy
- - Business-Transfer
- Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
Richmond, CA May 2014 - Present
World's leading publicly listed metal recycler with operations in five continents, including US, Australia and UK.
Regional Chief Accounting Officer
Directs all accounting operations for region covering California, Nevada, and Canada including $600M regional and plant forecasting, budgeting, and comparative financials. Develops innovative financial strategies that increase cost savings and profitability enterprise-wide. Presents routine regional financials to Executive Leadership.
• Developed and managed forecasts and budgets aligned with initiatives employing tools to project financial results consistent with long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Oversaw the securing of bank lines up to $12M in lease financing, hedging, and management of portfolios.
• Designed, trained, and implemented internal controls to ensure compliance with SOX, SOD, GAAP, and IFRS.
• Provided oversight and direction with both acquisition and divestitures, including analysis and evaluation, integration of acquired company, due diligence processes, and recommendation reporting.
• Successfully implemented initiatives for 2 years that trimmed operational and SG&A costs by $1.5M and $0.9M.
• Reduced SADS (Serious Accounting Deficiencies) and improved audit scores from failing to excellent including improving score of 24 SADS to 0 after first year and up to present.
• Oversaw the development of a flat-rate program for transportation department that resulted in a $1.2M savings.
• Maintained liaison between operations and finance, driving process improvements.
- Regional Chief Accounting Officer at Sims Metal Management
- Controller at LKQ, Inc
- Regional Controller at Commercial Metals Company
- Corporate Controller - Call Center Director at Accounting Partners
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Accounting and Financial Management - CFE
- BS - Accounting
• Provide administrative and professional support to Chief Accounting Officer and staff
• Manage schedule for Chief Accounting Officer
• Back up Executive Assistant for Chief Financial Officer
• Process T&E in Concur
• Arrange Travel for Chief Accounting Officer and staff in Concur
• Assist Tax Department with invoices, filing and other administrative tasks
• Assist Treasury Department with special projects
• Execute/Manage special projects as needed
- Administrative Assistant AutoNation at Arrange Travel for Chief Accounting Officer and staff in Concur
- Administrative Assistant at Bacardi
- Administrative Assistant at Carnival Corporation
- Administrative Assistant at Capitol College
3 months at this Job
- - Court Reporting
- - Secondary Education
Hours Worked Per Week: 40 GS-0510-14 Supervisor - CFO, Leslie Gerald 202-824-2573
Services as a financial officer supervising and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees. Certifying Officer for 2,500+ invoices from vendors (Commercial and Government) totaling over $20 million per annum. Provides executive and technical guidance; financial planning and control, cost estimating, accounting and finance, budgeting, progress and statistical reporting and analysis, fiscal law, financial management automation, and assists in the initiation and/or development of plans and programs. Applies common financial management methods and various budgets and cost functions involving formulation, justification, and/or execution for organizations, programs, or projects. Manages the budget formulation and execution, financial analysis (to include Operating and Spending Plan Analysis), program analysis and evaluation, and program performance assessment in a highly technical environment. Develops strategies for planning and implementing financial policies and guidelines; Participates in logistical studies and surveys; procedures and management controls of financial payments, allowances and reimbursements; long-range and short-range planning on administrative management matters and projects; counseling and crisis management skills. Performed financial analysis of budgets, financial data and reports, to provide solutions for decision-making. Applied fiscal law and policies to financial management activities. Provided expert advice on the execution phase of the budgeting process.
• Team Lead for the Procure to Payment (P2P) management of funds: Review and analyze amendments and disbursements for all obligations or contracts in the current and lapsing fiscal years; Minimize Undelivered Orders (UDOs) by conducting quarterly screening of Unliquidated obligations; Act as internal auditor for proper payment of invoices and avoidance of fraudulent invoices and unauthorized commitments.
• Serves as Compliance Officer for the Agency's Federal Financial systems for over 215 employees
• Senior Advisor to Executive Management on FBWT (Funds Balance with Treasury) differences between the SF133 and the posted Agency's Cash transactions in the ORACLE Federal Financials.
• Senior Accountant for Month End Close Preparation including corrective actions via preparation and posting of manual journal vouchers to the general ledger.
• Manages the timely resolution of any differences between trial balances (Governmentwide Treasury Account Symbol Adjusted Trial Balance System) [GTAS] and the agency's ORACLE Federal Financials. Posts to the general ledger and perform periodic payroll reconciliations for $30 Million personnel cost per Annum.
• Oversees the functions of the Accounts Payable Team which include the management of Vendor payments, proof of receipt of service or materials, Reconciliation of invoice billing and reconciliation of (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable). Oversees the cash management of collections and disbursements including research and correction of unmatched cash Disbursements.
• Designs, implements and manages the sustainment of auditable financial procedures that include accruals, travel records, asset management, cash management, commitment and obligation posting, period end closure and financial reporting.
• Acted as Chair of Interview Panel and developed the Request for Proposal in the selection of the external audit firm
• Successfully executed the coordinated the Annual Chief Financial Officers Act Audit per annum: Plan, tracked and coordinated functions that include the testing of transactional data, reporting of financial statements and notes, overview of agency's functionality, and compilation of the Performance Audit Report.
• Implemented internal audit procedures which identified $500k in annual cost savings.
• Investigates and resolves audit findings that produced over $300,000 in positive error reductions.
• Designs and implements a new billing review process to ensure efficiency and accuracy. Rebuilt the finance function, implemented formal budgeting, forecasting and reporting systems to measure and communicate performance results internally and to the board of directors.
• Implements a monthly financial and management reporting process resulting in a more timely, accurate and detailed reporting package for use by executive management and board of directors in the strategic management of the organization.
• Delivers guidance and instruction to the Property Management Team that are responsible for periodic physical inventory of plant, minor, sub-minor, and pilferable property and equipment; current recordation of asset condition, custodial ownership, location and operating status in the Accountable System of Record (ASR); Timely recordation of acquired, transferred, missing, lost, stolen, disposed, and retired government property and equipment in the Accountable System of Record (ASR); Govern the execution and education of Personal Property and Equipment policies and instruction to the organization's stakeholders.
- ACCOUNTING OFFICER at Public Defender Services for DC
- ACCOUNTING OFFICER (ACCOUNTING BRANCH SUPERVISOR) at NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
- Financial Management Analyst at NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- PhD - Accounting
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Finance
- Bachelor's - Finance
• Adjust and approve complex refunds for 68 state tax types to meet statutes, polices and accounting practices
• Process accounts payable of $22.4MM on average annually
• Prevent impending loss of $17.5MM on average annually by correcting assessments, system and user errors
• Serve as point person to teammates for resolving complex financial transactions and reviewing work assignments
• Develop and refine procedures and policies to streamline refunds review process
• Provide quality customer service, assistance and education by phone, letter or in person to resolve tax accounts
• Earned Leadership Award for Significant Workplace Contribution for managing conference for +200 employees
- Accounting Officer at Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Volunteer Tax Preparer at Minnesota Department of Revenue Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
- Revenue Collection Officer 3 at Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Accounts Payable Assistant at Saint Olaf College
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Asian Studies Major, Business Management Minor
In charge of processing purchase invoices, audit purchases debts and related debts. Part of the core focus of the position is to make journal entries, direct contact between the distributor and there respective accounting departement. Another major task is working hand in hand with the finance, accounting and sales departments to meet core obligations with a focus in cash flow protection .
- Accounting Officer at Flagship Resort SE
- Accounting Officer (temporary) at Alberic Colon Motor Company
- Tax Accountant at JRC Tax & Accounting
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Management & Finance
- Certification - Accounting
Active role in financial reporting process including the booking of journal entries, preparing daily and monthly
balance sheet, account reconciliations, and preparing the financial statements including the balance sheet, the statement of Profit and Loss, and the statement of cash flows, in addition to compiling financial statements.
• Assisted in the annual budgeting process and analysis of budget vs. actual variances including forecasting revenues and analyzing, examining, and interpreting account records.
• Assisted the annual external audit and physical inventory, in addition prepared various reports for external auditors and management.
• Assisted to produce the company's annual tax returns.
• Prepared an analysis of inventory cost averaging per month in order to minimize product cost and maximize profit. Further reconciled inventory at multiple warehouses.
• Responsible for various activities within the accounting department including invoicing expenses, managing accounts payables/accounts receivables, bank reconciliations and payment runs.
- Accounting Officer at Tracking & Surveillance (Pvt.) Limited
- Private Tutor at University of Karachi
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Economics and Finance
Manage two major SIS Pandora jewelry stores in Puerto Rico and Pandora Concept Store on Las Catalinas Mall. Primary responsible for the full cycle accounting for Calesa Management Corp and Pandora-Las Catalinas. Daily reconciliations of cash accounts. Responsible for the Account receivable, Payroll, Account payable, prepare all supplies check, record all transactions and prepare journal entries, prepare monthly bank reconciliations. Prepare all employers quarterly and annual returns. Prepare all city and state monthly and annual returns (Ivu platforms). Suri manage. Maintain and examine the records of government agencies. Make sure the company complies with federal, state and local requirements and advice management on needed actions. Respond directly to the owners. Handle Pandora Cloud. Assist in the preparation of financial work and schedules to external Auditors. Handle confidential information.
- Accounting Officer at Calesa Management Corp
- General Administrative/Accounting Clerk at Calesa Management Corp
- Treasurer of the Board of Directors at FEJ Caribe Paint Corp
- Accountant & Finance Manager at FEJ Caribe Paint Corp
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree of Business Administration - Business Administration