Started as Accounting Specialist (Jan 2015), promoted to Accounting Supervisor (July 2016).
• Facilitated conversion from QuickBooks to AMB (Accounting for Mortgage Bankers) software allowing for more efficient processing of growing loan volume and saving 40 man-hours per week. Reclassified Financial Statement Groups. Prepared web-based scripts.
• Improved existing spreadsheets by adding formulas to reduce human error. Created new spreadsheets to track production and margins at loan and branch levels.
• Saved company over $75,000 reviewing pricing, following up on premiums owed, and man-hours saved.
- Accounting Supervisor at NATIONWIDE EQUITIES
- FREE LANCE GRANT WRITER/CONSULTANT at
- Office Manager/Personal Assistant at VISITOR'S PUBLISHING
- Title/Application Coordinator at VEGA-BYRNE ASSOCIATES/SAPPHIRE CLOSINGS
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- AAS - Accounting
Manufacturers of Forged Steel Piping Components for a large range of energy related industries. TITLE: ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR and SPECIAL PROJECTS COORDINATOR for main company and subsidiary company ATEX Manufacturing Inc: - Train and Supervise Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff. - Serve as main intermediary correspondent between upper management and overseas vendors and customers. - Negotiate A/R and A/P special project transactions. - Research and Reconcile each Balance Sheet and Chart of Accounts Item in preparation of Financial Reporting and Tax Preparation. - Accurately record Intercompany transactions. - Created and maintain an organized, efficient filing system and document retention plan. - Support Upper Management with meeting preparations. This support included reports, explanations, pro-active sample meeting discussions, and follow up actions. - Developed and maintain an extensive overseas purchasing procedure and encourage strong positive relationships with overseas vendors and customers.
- Accounting Supervisor at Forged Components Inc
- Occupancy Specialist for Operations Center at Vistula Management Company
- Office Manager and Full Charge Bookkeeper at E.H.C.O. Associates Incorporated
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Honor Graduate 4.0 GPA - Managerial Accounting and Business Management
Accounting Supervisor for a large manufacturer and distribution Center. Responsible for accounts payable shared services for 3 of our North America's facilities, RG Ray, Monterrey Mexico, and Auburn Hills/Lake Orion. Supervised 4 personnel and 1 part time intern who shared time with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Processed accounts payable (includes invoice posting, and check/wire/ACH payments).
• Processed full accounts receivable until November 2013.
• Calculated commissions and rebates monthly, quarterly and yearly.
• Reconciled 18 intercompany accounts monthly.
• Processed journal entries and accruals, reconciled general ledger accounts.
• Maintained and reconciled Customer Owned Tooling Spreadsheet and account.
• Ensured Norma's Global Compliance Directive is followed. Helped Purchasing by notifying all vendors of this directive via email or mail.
• Interfaced extensively with purchasing, receiving, material planners and vendors to resolve discrepancies and various issues.
• Maintained discrepancy and issues spreadsheet, updating weekly at first, and then bi-monthly.
• Authorized approver and processor for Bellin, Norma's full payment processing System.
• Participated in interim and year-end audit and interacted with auditors to provide audit information upon request.
• Involved in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Computer software implementation.
• Involved in the initial processing between Ex-Flow and Microsoft Dynamics AX2012.
• Assisted in November 2013 implementation and migration from AS400 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
• Calculated Inventory in Transit accruals.
• Responsible for training staff on computer system.
• Enforced and complied with the documented internal controls surrounding assigned accounts payable processes.
• Oversaw and made sure the accounts payable month end close process is completed timely and accurately.
• Processed from the Concur expense reporting system.
• Instrumental aid in the accounts payable teams objectives; evaluating yearly performance and tracking vacation and paid time off.
- Accounting Supervisor at Norma Michigan, Inc
- Accountant at Norma Products US-Norma Michigan, Inc
- Accountant at Norma Tech
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Accounting Supervisor 2013 -Present Supervises the activity of the accountant(s) and accounts payable staff and responsibilities include the monthly financial close, general ledger accounting, and fulfilling the internal and external reporting requirements of the company. Manages personnel activities of accounting and accounts payable staff (i.e., hires, trains and recommends disciplinary action, as necessary, etc.). Ensures timeliness and accuracy of the month-end general ledger closing. Prepares and processes month-end close related journal entries and reconciliations including accruals, departmental allocations, capitalization and depreciation, and prepaid expenses. Coordinates the manual and automated interfaces of the companies’ sub-systems to the general ledger. This includes the AS400, Puridiom, Concur, and Freight and Fixed Asset coding and entries. Assists with quarterly review and annual audits, including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility. Manages all cash related activity, including reconciliation of bank statements to general ledger and researching/resolving any un-reconciled cash transactions timely and accurately. Manages fixed asset additions, disposals and impairments to ensure appropriateness with US GAAP and internal capitalization policies. Analyzes monthly financial data and makes sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled. Performs financial analysis to support and evaluate decisions made by the Company’s senior management team. Proactively teams with other business functions to facilitate process improvement and resolve accounting issues. Maintains the documentation files that support the accounting department's SOX compliance program. Prepares audit schedules and footnotes as required. ******Major accomplishment: Reconciled benefit billings which claimed $600K+ back from payments in 2006. Completed the various projects; i.e. Oracle, Procurement system, and Concur which reduced AP workload and time. Transitioned works from Canada office to California office in 2012. Implement and maintain internal control documentation and test controls per corporate policies and SOX compliance in 2015. Work with IT group for UAT, new financial IBS system 2016
- Accounting Supervisor at Advance Auto Parts/Carquest/Worldpac Inc
- Senior Accountant at Advance Auto Parts / CARQUEST Auto Parts/ Worldpac Inc
- General Leger Accountant at Advance Auto Parts/Carquest/Worldpac
- Senior Accountant at Sequoia Voting Systems, Inc
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
• Full charge accounting supervisor/Office Manager. Payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer relations, human resources, insurance. Managed 6 person office.
- Accounting Supervisor/Office Manager at Dev-Land Demolition & Site, Inc
- Office Manager/Front Desk Receptionist at Dr. Abe Marcadis (Cardiology) - Federal Hwy
25 years, 8 months at this Job
- - General
- - Accounting
- - Psychology
Accounting Supervisor (promoted in March 2017) · Maintain a prompt payment schedule while processing monthly invoices for 200+ television stations as well as all internal non-media bills (company credit cards, rent, etc.) · Create and organize receivables for 7-10 clients on a weekly basis including invoices and credit memos. · Problem solving on behalf of stations and clients – payment inquiries, invoices status, etc. · Developed a monthly true-up system for clients to ensure updated account information. · Improved the system for checking orders created by media buyers and reduced processing time by 75%. Office Assistant (2015 – 2017) · Receive and process post-log data entry on a weekly basis and all monthly invoices. · General office duties including correspondence and report preparation, ordering office supplies, schedule and prepare for meetings, and filing.
- Accounting Supervisor at Tower Media Advertising - Media Advertising Company
- Administrative Assistant at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy - Immigration Law Firm
- Library Faculty Assistant at Northeastern Illinois University
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Accounting Supervisor for multi-entity law firm; responsible for accounts payable and receivables, general
ledger management, bank reconciliations, payroll, 401k administration, and financial reporting.
● Successfully facilitated software conversion by executing procedures to maintain accurate record keeping during data migration and expedite data entry after validation.
● Trained and supervised accounting staff of 4 - 6 with focus on cross-training of tasks to ensure uninterrupted departmental coverage during illness, vacations, or out of office events.
● Authored instructional guidance, in addition to training for non-departmental staff to simplify and promote timely submittal of expense reports, credit card charges, and vendor mail to accounting.
● Developed forward thinking methods to enhance the accounting department image by providing workflow example(s) of department responsibilities and deadlines, resulting in a more responsive and better working relationship with inner-office executives, colleagues, peers, and subordinates.
● Client contact and billing administrator tasked with the successful integration of compliance rules to prevent recording inconsistencies adverse to client billing guidelines, effectually limiting invoice write-offs.
● Direct contact for vetting vendors, procurement of services, and implementation of obligatory vendor invoice submission agreement to reduce overhead costs incurred due to untimely and/or inaccurate invoicing, resulting in a cost-saving of $11k in Q3 2018.
● Processed ADP payroll and administered 401k Plan, audited quarterly plan documents for compliance, filed annual of Form 5500 with DOL, and disseminated plan materials to 32 active plan participants and 8 former participants, as required by ERISA regulations.
● Maintained an open line of communication with external CPA for submission of trial balance and general ledger used to prepare annual franchise tax report(s) and corporate tax returns' for multiple entities. -2-
- Accounting Supervisor at Lindow Stephens Treat LLP
- Bookkeeper (Contractor) at Duncan, Bressler & Liu - Attorneys at Law
- Bookkeeper at Primero Engineering
12 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate - Accounting Technology
1300 Perdido Street RM 1W41
New Orleans, LA 70112
Tax Collections Accounting Supervisor My position as a Tax Collections Accounting Supervisor requires advanced clerical and customer service work in the collection and maintenance of sales and property taxes, special assessments, improvement district charges and other types of payments for the Finance Department's Bureaus of Revenues and Treasury and related work as required. Under general supervision, I provide technical support, customer service and problem solving work relative to the city's tax collection process. My work includes billing, issuing permits, and collecting current and delinquent taxes in an assigned field of taxation. The field of taxation I work in is property tax. As a cashier, the duties involve continuous contact with the public in making and reviewing assessments and in tentatively settling tax claims, and supervising the mailing and collection of all personal property tax bills. Tax Collection Accounting Supervisor/ Specialists must maintain records of collection and makes up daily and monthly comparative statements of collections. In this position, I confer with tax payers in connection with claims, protests, application for refunds and negotiations for settlements. Tax Collection Accounting Supervisor interprets necessary tax ordinances in answering public inquiries, oversees the maintenance of records of receipts, deposits, refunds and adjustments, and advises public in person or by telephone as to documentation and payments required for service. The position also requires that the tax collection supervisor receives and processes various types of applications, bids and requests for divisional services. A major part of my position requries that I process property tax bill payments. Payments are paid in cash or check form. I am required to assure that all funds are accounted for and that the account balances are correct. On a daily basis, I am required to reconcile the registers and deposit the cash and checks that were collected. The collection of fees and payments for applications, tax payments, permits and licenses, and keeps daily accounts are an important component regarding the successfulnes of this position. As a tax collections accounting supervisor, one must review time sheets for accuracy and completeness, compiles and maintains records of office transactions and activities, prepares specialized and complex reports, spreadsheets, letters and correspondence, serves at counter giving assistance and information to the general public and employees, provides information and referral; receives and reviews for completeness various written requests and applications and does research, drafts and produces letters, forms, reports and other information relative to information produced in database, uses the specialized functions and commands of the city's financial systems as well as other database programs, acts as information or application clerk in issuing and receiving various forms, applications, permits or license, performs computations; compiles and summarizes statistical data for reports, operates office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, shredders and other office machines. The position will also required that other duties will be assigned as needed. To be effective at the position of Tax Collection Specialist, one must have the knowledge of and the ability to do the following:
• Excellent knowledge and usage of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets required.
• Tax collection procedures and terminology adp
• Business office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Information processing procedures and techniques.
• Divisional operations, department procedures and systems and related law and regulations.
• Performing computations, skill in filing, in maintaining other office records, and in operating common office machines.
• Deal effectively with the public in a tactful, professional and courteous manner in stressful situations.
• Make decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and departmental policies and procedures.
• Plan, assign and coordinate the work of subordinate clerical staff.
• Interpret and correctly apply departmental rules, regulations and general policy.
• Use computers in processing forms and related records management.
• Follow oral and written directions and instructions and make decisions within limits of delegated authority.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Tax Collections Accounting Supervisor at City of New Orleans
- UIFSA Collections Specialist (Case Manager) at City of New Orleans
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Accounting
- High School Diploma
As an accountant with more than 22 years of experience, I was excited to find out that you have Accounting Manager position open. I know that I am well qualified for this position. For the past 6 years I have been working as Accounting Supervisor at Kondaur Capital Corporate. My responsibilities are to Manage General Accounting and Accounts Payable with a total of 4 people. I review and approve all Accounts Payable batches and run checks for all the vendors. I reconcile all the intercompany charges and make sure they stay in balance. I reconcile 80 bank accounts worth $100 million dollars. I am also responsible to review and approve monthly reconciliations and analysis of all current assets and liability accounts. At last I help the controller with month end and year end reporting.
- Accounting Supervisor at Kondaur Capital Corporation
- at Kondaur Capital Corporation
- Accountant II at Kondaur Capital Corporation
- Financial Analyst at ACC Capital Holdings
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science
- - Associate Science
Accounting Supervisor/Office Manager
• Train and supervise employees in the Accounts Payable and Receivable department.
• Prioritize multiple accounting projects while maintaining our deadlines.
• Reconcile bank records, record general ledger entries, and prepare account analysis.
• Establish credit accounts with vendors.
• Approve general ledger codes on vendor invoices and electronic fund transfers.
• Authorized signer on our company banking accounts, sign checks weekly.
• Compute sales commission twice a month and process employee expense reimbursements.
• Arrange requisitions for office and routine supply purchases.
• Handle contracts, discrepancies, and resolve issues for customers and vendors.
• Responsible for month-end/year-end closings, payroll, budgeting, cash flow and profit & loss statement.
- Accounting Supervisor/Office Manager at ABP International, Inc
- Accounts Payable/Receivable & Collections at ABP International, Inc.
13 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting