Portcullis (BVI) Ltd is a part of Portcullis Group, the largest independent trust, fund and family office service provider in Asia. With a rich history of servicing clients for more than 30 years, we have a wide range of professional expertise and experience essential to running a large wealth management office. My responsibility as Accounting Supervisor handles all accounting operations with direct reporting to the Managing Director. We offer trustee, foundation, fund administration services and corporate services to high net worth individuals, family offices, philanthropists, private banks, investment managers and advisers through our team of lawyers, accountants, fiduciaries as well as trust, company and fund administrators.
- ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR at Portcullis (BVI) Ltd
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT at Tortola Auto Group Ltd, BVI
- ACCOUNTANT at Digital Entertainment Services Ltd
- FINANCIAL ANALYST at IBM Global Solutions
10 months at this Job
- Masters - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Accountancy
Accounting Supervisor for multi-entity law firm; responsible for accounts payable and receivables, general
ledger management, bank reconciliations, payroll, 401k administration, and financial reporting.
● Successfully facilitated software conversion by executing procedures to maintain accurate record keeping during data migration and expedite data entry after validation.
● Trained and supervised accounting staff of 4 - 6 with focus on cross-training of tasks to ensure uninterrupted departmental coverage during illness, vacations, or out of office events.
● Authored instructional guidance, in addition to training for non-departmental staff to simplify and promote timely submittal of expense reports, credit card charges, and vendor mail to accounting.
● Developed forward thinking methods to enhance the accounting department image by providing workflow example(s) of department responsibilities and deadlines, resulting in a more responsive and better working relationship with inner-office executives, colleagues, peers, and subordinates.
● Client contact and billing administrator tasked with the successful integration of compliance rules to prevent recording inconsistencies adverse to client billing guidelines, effectually limiting invoice write-offs.
● Direct contact for vetting vendors, procurement of services, and implementation of obligatory vendor invoice submission agreement to reduce overhead costs incurred due to untimely and/or inaccurate invoicing, resulting in a cost-saving of $11k in Q3 2018.
● Processed ADP payroll and administered 401k Plan, audited quarterly plan documents for compliance, filed annual of Form 5500 with DOL, and disseminated plan materials to 32 active plan participants and 8 former participants, as required by ERISA regulations.
● Maintained an open line of communication with external CPA for submission of trial balance and general ledger used to prepare annual franchise tax report(s) and corporate tax returns' for multiple entities. -2-
- Accounting Supervisor at Lindow Stephens Treat LLP
- Bookkeeper (Contractor) at Duncan, Bressler & Liu - Attorneys at Law
- Bookkeeper at Primero Engineering
12 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate Degree
530) 241-3131 Rich Moulton, Supervisor Initially I was hired as the accounting supervisor, to take over and organize the accounting department. Within a year, I also acquired the duties of operations manager, working directly with the President/GM in all faucets of the business. When the general manager started taking ill, it was necessary for me to step in and take over the responsibilities of general manager. I was able to step into this role because of my 35+ years of general manager experience and my 10+ years as a business owner. ACCOUNTING RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific duties included: - Develop written procedures for processing all faucets of accounting and to use them in training other employees. - Customer accounting management including - Billing and contract compliance - Processing customer payments - Collections - Dispute resolution - Payroll including: - Time card management, review and entry - Employee and employer compliance with all regulations - Process of all payroll checks for manual checks and direct deposits - Review and management of employee loans - Garnishment collect and compliance management - General H.R. Duties - Accounts Payable Including - Review all vendor bills for accuracy prior to entry - Application of all line items to proper job for analysis - Determine which invoices to pay and when to pay them in order to maintain a healthy cash reserve. - Basic receivables management - When I started with the company, they had $60-100k in old debt that they felt was uncollectable. I collected over 80% of that outstanding debt, significantly increasing cash flow. Receivables was running between 50-70 days. With new processes and procedures, close monitoring of customer balances causing upfront payments from many clients, I lowered receivables to 22 days as of the last day I was with the company - Review of all customer quotes for profitability prior to sending to customer - Supervising the purchasing and receiving department employees and developing procedures to maintain a proper audit trail and smooth processing thru the balance of the accounting system. - Cost analysis of each employee in our technical department for use in developing pricing - Profitability analysis of each individual job or project - Profitability of each customer - Sales tax calculations review and filing - County property tax - Designed a spread sheet to maintain data on all assets subject to county property taxes including researching entries from prior years in order to eliminate tens of thousands of dollars of assets still shown on the property tax statement that the company no longer had, lowering the property tax liability significantly. Update the spreadsheet annually. Process and submit tax forms in a timely manner. - Filing of annual Secretary of State documentation for corporate compliance - P&L review - Cash management and forecasting analysis OPERATIONS MANAGER: A select cross section of duties: - Work directly with the general manager in all aspects of the business - Develop new pricing procedures in order to maintain a more profitable status - Project Management for customer projects, reviewing proposed equipment and the number of hours required for the project in order to maintain profitability. Staging purchases so that hardware arrived just in time for installation rather than sitting on our floor for months prior to install, maintaining quoted time lines, working with customers for complete satisfaction including the occasional customer dispute. - Facilities and fleet management - Vendor contract negotiations and occasional dispute management - Design of customer proposals taking into consideration the needs of both the customer and the company. - Writing of most all of the customer contracts - Employee conflict resolution - Employee, direct and indirect management, supervising between 15-40 employees. Defining tasks, setting goals and reviewing performance. Performing annual reviews and determining appropriate compensation packages. Employees came to know me as having high expectations but giving them the tools to do their job and getting out of their way to do those jobs. Employees found my door always open even if all they wanted to do gripe about something related to their job. When it came time to discipline, the employees never left my office mad because the discipline never came as a surprise to them GENERAL MANAGER (acting): As our general manager fell ill, it became my responsibility to step into the role of General Manager when he was unable to fulfill those duties. At first this was only occasionally for a few days here and there but, increased over time to periods of a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Although, mainly and extension of my Operation Manager duties, I still had to be ready to step into and out of this role at a moment's notice. Many times, I had to pick up projects that I was only remotely involved with or to continue negotiations with customers on a project. Although this could require a rapid shift in organization and a challenge to time management, including some long and unexpected extended hours, I was able to shift into this role with little effort.
- Accounting Supervisor at Computer Logistics Corp
- General Manager at Tehama Trader, Inc
4 years, 10 months at this Job
Promoted to Accounting Supervisor for Unbilled on CIVPOL. Lead team that reduced the Daily Sales Outstanding by $40 million within a 4 month period on CIVPOL contract. This unbilled cost had been outstanding from two to seven years. Implemental in billing an additional $100 million in cost that was 6 months to two years old. Assisted, as required, in audits by DCAA on various contracts. Responsible for analyzing cost incurred and invoicing various governmental contracts in a timely manner. Training new employees and over viewing their performance. Performed accounting function on contracts through Statistical in Costpoint, Deltek and PeopleSoft. Interfaced with Site Personnel in resolving issues regarding contract/invoice. Worked closely with Operations Management and Contracts Department in resolution of customer issues. Traveled to Customer and Sub Contractor offices for meetings regarding contractual requirements/invoicing. Overviewed modifications to said contracts ensuring compliance to Contract, FAR and GAAP. General Ledger/Revenue accountant for Grants and Joint Ventures. Performed audits for contract closure. Worked with DCMA and DCAA in resolution of payment of various contracts and/or funding issues. Trained and assisted new hires in becoming knowledgeable of their contracts. Wrote billing procedures for each individual contract. Trained and assisted new hires to be proficient in developing and maintaining Contract Briefs. Performed special projects and audits per CFO's request.
- Accounting Supervisor at DynCorp
- Account Manager at Butts Foods
- Distribution Manager at Swift Foods
- Chief Financial Officer at JMB Metaltek
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
9500 Gilman Drive #0953
La Jolla, CA 92093-0953
• Currently supervising two Accountant III (Sr. Accountants), and student interns
• Liaison for both UCSD and the University of California Office of the President (UCOP) fiscal-closing, including reclassification entries affecting balance sheet accounts, inter-enterprise transactions, transfer account reconciliation, post-closing analyses and reporting for Medical Enterprises activity included in UCSD Detailed Financial Schedules
• Supervising of primary campus-wide financial coordination, and accounting oversight of major Medical Enterprises (Medical Center, Medical Group and Managed Care) associated with the UCSD School of Medicine - including analysis, interpretation and recommendations for complex and varied Medical Enterprise funding, joint venture, consortium and other agreements
• Interpretation and implementation of existing University and Federal policies affecting activities and participation in formulating new and revised policies
• Accounting oversight, analysis, and primary campus-wide coordination of all Vice Chancellor Health Sciences recharge and other income producing activities
• Divisional Project Leader for the implementation of BFSupport (Customer Relationship Management tool for UCSD's External and Business Affairs Department)
• External & Business Affairs representative (Ex Officio) on the Recharge Rate Review Committee
- Accounting Supervisor at General Accounting
- Freelance Sr. Accountant/SOX Consultant at Cytori Therapeutics
- Sr. Accountant/Assistant Controller at ELEKTROFILM, LLC
- In-charge Auditor at Public Accounting
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Project Management 1 and
- - Accounting
- B.A. - English
• Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
• Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department Accounts receivables clerk
• Earned promotion into Accounting supervisor role
• Post all customers cash, credit card and check payments
• Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
• Verify discrepancies and resolve customers billing issues Accounts payable clerk
• Earned promotion into Accounts receivable role
• Coded, verified and processed vendor invoices
• Processed payments for all cod's and showroom refunds
• Responsible for running weekly check run for all outstanding bills Customer Service Agent
• Responsible for processing return authorizations
• Responsible for answering all incoming customer service emails
• Order processing
• Responsible for customer comment card follow up
- Accounting Supervisor at Classic Industries
- Account Manager at SED International
- Asset Manager at Arrow Electronics
- Corporate Product Manager at Arrow Electronics
15 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING SECTOR: Oversee all of the related accounting and financial activities that are within my assigned $100M real estate portfolio. I had interfaced with corporate head office, internal tax department personnel, representatives of joint ventures, and other third-parties. Previously responsible for the daily accounting activities, month-end and year-end reporting, preparation of my portfolio's financial statements, accounting operations of various entities, design & implement specialized reports, and an array of other assigned duties. Past job experience in medium to large corporations as a portfolio controller, accounting supervisor, accountant, and an internal auditor who also trained other auditors. PUBLIC ACCOUNTING SECTOR: Direct client contact and fulfillment of professional accounting, tax, audit, and specialty services including: all general ledger responsibilities, fixed asset schedules and depreciation calculations, financial statement preparation (with associated analysis, interpretation, and report writing). Expertise in: budgeting, financial forecasting, strategic planning, accounting systems design and implementation, evaluation of internal controls, client training, product costing/pricing decisions, gov't compliance, and income tax planning. Clientele were in the: construction, service, real estate and manufacturing sectors. Supervised a staff of five and reported to the owners of the businesses. KERN, CPA, P.C., Snellville, Georgia 2013 - Current President & Founder (P/T local size CPA practice)
- accounting supervisor, accountant at KERN, CPA, P.C
- Controller, U.S. Portfolio at CADILLAC FAIRVIEW CORPORATION
- President & Founder at VINCENT J. KERN, CPA, P.C
6 years at this Job
- Master of Arts - Management & Leadership
- MBA - Acctg
As Accounting Supervisor, I oversee all billing, payments, transfers, account updates and bookkeeping for our company and the companies we service. I report directly to the Vice President - Controller as well as the CEO.
- Accounting Supervisor at Innovate Loan Servicing
- Executive Assistant at Fort Worth Pipe Trades Training Center
- Office Manager at Fort Worth Plumbers Union
- Accounting Clerk II at Carlton White, CPA
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting Program
New York, NY Mar 2006 - Present
Shubert Organization overview: Shubert Organization is the biggest Broadway Theatre company in the United States. Shubert owns and operates 19 Broadway Theatres, 2 off-Broadway Theatres, 3 Ticket selling websites, and more than 30 different rental properties all over the US. Shubert generates over $450M in revenue and sells over 3.5M tickets per year. Accounting for all of the above mentioned properties is performed by its corporate office in NYC.
Financial Accounting Supervisor
● Provide strategic support to CEO, CFO, Controller and the department heads by working on special projects
● Worked directly with directors of various departments to initiate budget planning for the entire organization
● Create annual budget and projection for over $300M in revenue and expenses, perform variance analysis, and communicate with management about major changes in revenue and expense cycles.
● Create and analyze financial statements of Shubert Ticketing Services on monthly basis. These statements include Shubert Ticketing Services and marketing sites such as Telecharge.com, Broadway.com, Broadwayinbound.com, Plum Benefits, Entertainment Benefit Group and Choice Ticketing.
● Write reports in AXS-ONE (Aptean ERP Software) to produce desired internal P&L and balance sheet statements
● GAAP accounting for all assets, including acquisition, capital improvements, depreciation and amortization
● Fixed Assets accounting for more than $400M in assets, including invoice review, coding, and capitalization
● Month-end close review and posting for Shubert Ticketing Service profit/cost centers including accrual, deferral, general and recurring journal entries.
● Manage Broadway Inbound division of The Shubert Organization including AP/AR Associates and 2 Staff Accountants including review, approval and posting and month end close.
● Supervise a team of 5 accountants by providing guidance and support for all accounting and finance activities
● Audit weekly payroll to verify theatre treasures, ushers, porters & cleaners, and musicians pay rate
● Reconcile organization bank reconciliation on the monthly basis
● Record and reconcile portfolio activities and run profit/loss statements of investments
● Write year-end reviews and provide feedback to HR, CFO, and Controller
● Review quarter and year-end work-papers and prepare books for the external auditors
● Create fiscal year-end GAAP financial statements for external auditors (PwC)
● Performed monthly liquor, candy, and supplies inventory at an off-Broadway theatre to track and forecast concession revenue and expenses resulting in $240K/year in savings from theft
● Record managed property transactions to the general ledger, perform bank reconciliation, and tie-out Accomplishments
● Launched budget and projections for the entire organization
● Implemented migration and integration of software and accounting system
● Contributed in overhauling of the fixed assets accounting for book and tax
- Financial Accounting Supervisor at THE SHUBERT ORGANIZATION, INC
- Valuation Intern, Research Department at BEARINGPOINT
12 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting & Minor Economics
• Manages the daily operations for the accounts receivable, accounts payable and bank reconciliation groups.
• Responsible for managing the treasury functions for the agency, including daily cash position reporting, interfund transfers and vendor wire payments.
• Prepares daily journal entries and reviews staff entries for accuracy.
• Trains new employees on all departmental processes & procedures.
• Prepares monthly detailed property accounting reports.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and identify and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Participates in month end close.
• Works with internal and external auditors to ensure full cooperation from accounting staff and compliance with all qualified requests.
• Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors and other department personnel.
• Ad-hoc researching & reporting.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Controller/CFO.
• Earned Employee of the year for 2013.
• Previous positions held: AR Supervisor, Fund Accountant & Accountant III-Tenant Accounting
- Accounting Supervisor at Dallas Housing Authority
- Billing Specialist at Belo Corporation
- Lead A/R Coordinator at Belo Corporation
10 years at this Job
- MBA - Accounting