Accounting Technician II
• General government accounting - G/L, A/R, A/P, Purchasing, job costing, and Training/Travel planning/ management using BARS account coding. Additional Law Enforcement accounting processing & payment responsibilities related to Concealed Pistol Licenses, Firearm Licenses, bank housing foreclosures, warrants & seizures. Extensive written/verbal interaction with the general public, law enforcement personnel, and equipment vendors as well as Local, County and Federal government personnel.
• A/R - invoicing, payment processing, deposits (cash, wire transfers & County interdepartmental JV's) & collections. A/P - high volume A/P payment batch processing, recurring payments (rent & utilities for multiple locations), multiple County credit card management & monthly statement reconciliations, bank statement reconciliations, and year-end account reconciliations & adjustments.
• Purchasing - general supplies & equipment purchase order processing, County bids & order tracking, government grant & asset management as well as asset inventory tracking. Using Cayenta & CivServe government accounting software as well as Quick Books, Excel, Word and Google Documents.
- Accounting Technician II at County Law Enforcement general accounting
- Bookkeeper/Receptionist at JSMD Key Products LLC
- Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper/Office Manager at Public Accounting Firm
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mathematics
- MBA - Accounting
January 2000 to June 2016 Mainly performed Accounts Payable functions, Manged and audited utilities, for 24 schools, and District, prevent over usage and charges. Daily, monthly, and yearly audits, accruals, end of year adjustments, general ledger postings. Oversee budgets, and ensure compliance with accounting deadlines. Manege recycling programs and conservation of resources. Back up for Payroll, A/R. Accounting Technician for Marriott Rancho las Palms, Thunderbird Country Club, Vintage country Club. Managed, audited, and supervise accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, inventories, payroll, human resources procedures. Oversee and audit large groups conferences billing and collections. Cashier supervisor, bank reconciliations, end of the year reports and closing entries. Barbara Sinatra Children Center: Family intervention Worker, giving support, education , file management, working with Social Services and with families affected by child abuse. Daily Intakes and file distribution. Transportation to court, prepare paperwork for Temporary Restraining Orders. Translator for family therapy and group counseling. Parents United bookkeeping.
- Accounting Technician at Desert Sands Unified School District
16 years, 5 months at this Job
1605 LBJ Freeway, Suite 300 Farmers Branch, Texas 75234 Supervisor Name: Toni Allen 214-915-6049 Accounting Technician Duties and Responsibilities: POSITIVELY IMPACTED FINANCIAL OPERATIONS through the analyzing of records of operations, trends, and costs to establish realized revenues. Assumed full responsibility for administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project revenues and expenses. Thoroughly audited and reviewed vendor and employee invoice before inputting in FFMS or File on Q for preparation for payment. Organize accounting records such as registers, ledgers, journals, and individual account. * Evaluate and reconcile diverse financial operations, inspect and confirm sources documents, including invoices and expense vouchers, to affirm commitments and post suitable records * Manage schedules of standard objectives, financial statements and reports * Organize source documents, files and other account affiliated information * Organize all routine registers; manage the budget and carry out analysis on all data * Perform proper maintenance of all end-of-the-year records * Carry out job duties on spreadsheets, online database, and all accounting software ACTIVELY PARTICIPATED IN AUDITS of supplier operations for cost accounting and reconciliation actions. Demonstrated the proficiency in managing accounting transactions in Federal Financial Management System (FFMS) for Financial Accounting and Control systems (FACS) of the general ledger account.
- Accounting Technician at Homeland Security, Immigration, and Customs Enforcement Burea
- Substitute Teacher at Grand Prairie Independent School District
- Contractor/Temporary Service at Dean Foods
- Management and Program Analyst/Management Immigration Service Analyst at Department of Homeland Security
11 months at this Job
Purchasing, Accounting and Human Resources
• Verify invoices and purchase orders for accuracy
• Input invoice information into financial software to prepare for payment
• Process weekly check disbursements
• Maintain Payment Records
• Assist with annual financial audit
• Maintain advertising records
• Purchasing associate for Finance Department
• Assist with development of purchasing and travel policies
• Ensure adherence to purchasing policies
• Provide guidance to Department Heads and personnel regarding City policies and procedures
• Coordinate City cellular device plan and interact with employees regarding issues
• Maintained personnel files
• Processed new hire employees
• Administered health insurance plan
• Processed bi-weekly payroll for 300+ employees
• Processed payroll tax reports
• Assisted employees with personnel issues
• Maintained employee leave records
• Assisted in the revision of the current Personnel Policy
- Accounting Technician at City of Sevierville
- Registered Sales Assistant at Raymond James Financial Services
- Branch Office Administrator at Edward D. Jones & Company
- Accounts Payable / Human Resources / Inventory Control at Sea Ray Boats, Inc
18 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
- Certificate - Office Education
Positive and professional individual who seeks an opportunity to utilize my leadership skills, knowledge, and ability to produce results while following policies and procedures.
Federal Bureau Of Prisons, Fairton, NJ 2017 - Present
• Manages purchase orders, contracts, travel authorizations, government transportation requests, and other source documents and assures they are obligated against the proper appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
• Reviews documents for coding accuracy and ensures accurate and timely entry into the online accounting system.
• Maintains automated obligation records and source documents on a daily basis.
• Prepares, reconciles, and ensures funds are available for obligation accruals in the month.
• Prepares billing to commercial concerns, states, and other government agencies, determining the proper coding.
• Reconciles all obligation transactions and unliquidated obligations with the general ledger control account.
• Assists program managers using analytical comparisons to historical cost data and justifications for major deviations for the current year, budget year, and future year estimates for submission to the Regional Comptroller.
• Serves as an alternate disbursing (certifying) officer for institution disbursements (payments) via Treasury or through the use of on sight drafts (checks).
• Prepares vendor invoices and other fiscal documents for payment. Verifies the amount shown on documents with the original obligation document.
• Prepares voucher, creates and submits vouchers for sub-certification and creates reports. Vouchers must be prepared and payment made in compliance with the Prompt Payment Act.
• Assists in the preparation of monthly account reconciliations and adjustment of accounts for prior year appropriations.
• Assists in training sessions and meetings for program managers and their assistants to teach budget concepts and principles and interpret printouts and management reports.
• Reconciles and recaps accounts monthly to assure that the accounts data and the miscellaneous obligations record and reimbursement reports are in balance.
• Compiles and examines reports to confirm that transactions are accepted into the computerized system and those discrepancies are identified and corrected.
• Responsible for accepting, verifying, and depositing all cash received for the inmates, institution, or the Treasury Department.
• Makes draft disbursements and cash disbursements from impress funds and is personally responsible for the accuracy and validity of supporting documents.
- Accounting Technician at Federal Bureau Of Prisons
- Correctional Officer at Federal Bureau Of Prisons
- Small Business Underwriter I at TD Bank
- Special Law Enforcement Officer I at Collingswood Police Department
2 years at this Job
- B.A. - Communications
ACCOUNTING: Establishing and maintaining control and subsidiary accounts for most or all types of classes which are inter-related, require extensive supporting schedules and analyses, involve extensive subdivisions with intermediate summary ledgers, and require frequent and varied adjustments. Reviewing, analyzing, classifying, and reconciling transactions, and commitment and obligation documents, traces, researches, and resolves discrepancies, reconciles accounts and prepares trial balances or schedules. Reviewing and analyzing reports/listings, classifies errors, takes corrective action to balance reports/listings, and verifies corrected copy, determines all transactions are properly processed and that total activity agrees with pre-determined control totals. Reviewing unliquidated obligation and back-up files, may liquidate obligations when notified of receipt of goods/services, may be required to reconcile accounts and adjust them to reflect outstanding balances. TRAINING: Providing technical guidance to lower graded Accounting Technician or train Accounting Clerks and Technicians in operating procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Accounting Technician at U.S. Coast Guard
- Office Manager at Riverside Health System
- Supervisor Environmental Services at Riverside Health System
- Hospital Corpsman at U.S. Navy
7 months at this Job
- CERTIFICATION - HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Master's - MBA
- Bachelor's - HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
110 North Heber St. Salary: $47,000.00 yearly Beckley, WV 25801 Hours per week: 40 Job Title: Sr. Accounting Technician Supervisor: Alicia Macias (304) 254-3389 Audit Government contracts Accept phone calls from vendors for inquires concerning payments Create monthly and weekly reports Prepare correspondence in final draft, review, and edit for completeness, accuracy, and factual correctness. Process accounts payable to large Government vendors using financial automated system. On the job Mentor for new hires Briefed new hires on office procedures Record and input data Research files to determine discrepancies
- Sr. Accounting Technician at Internal Revenue Service
- Administrative Assistant at Beckley Sanitary Board
- Engineering Secretary at WRM, INC
- Office/Credit Manager at Lowe's Companies, Inc
13 years, 3 months at this Job
NF2 Perform a variety of accounting duties pertaining to the preparation and maintenance of journals, subsidiary ledgers, schedules, and period end closing entries for 23 locations. Receive, analyze, process and classify accounting documents. Review documents for validity, budget and expenditure limitation, completeness and correctness of accounting data. Accurately record data into an automated accounting system. Reconciles subsidiary accounts with the general ledger on a monthly basis using double entry accounting procedures. Maintain required records and ledgers, prepare month-end accounting documents and financial reports, etc. Provide world class customer service with an emphasis on customer centricity, professionalism and courtesy. Assist customers and communicate in a professional manner by investigating issues, conflicts and problems to provide resolution in a timely manner. Alert the higher-level supervisor, or proper point of contact for help when problems arise. Adhere to safety regulations and standards. Promptly report any observe workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. Adhere to established standards of actively supporting the principles of the EEO program and prevention of sexual harassment. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Accounting Technician at Defense Finance and Accounting Services
- Data Entry Clerk at TexAmericas Center / Express Employment
- Financial Aid Office Clerk at Texarkana College
- Accurately and efficiently complete sales transactions at Hillister Farms
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associates Degree of Applied Science - Office Careers
• Utilized the General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS), an Army app that maintains an account of assets, finances, & accounting management streamlining and sharing synchronized information
• Prepared millions of dollars of invoiced documents for payment to government contractors as an accounting technician
• Resolved customer and work issues and concerns using electronic mail, phone calls and as needed
• Earned Accounts Payable department award winning distinction and other accolades by reducing the work load to an all-time low of less than two percent
• Co-chaired the Wellness Program approximately one year
- Accounting Technician at Defense Finance & Accounting Service
- Word Processor at The Ohio Commission
10 years at this Job
- Bachelor's degree in mass communications - mass communications
- Associate degree in small business & office operations - small business & office operations
• Supervisory and training role for Accounting Technician I
• Responsible for approving Accounts Receivables invoices review, verify, and transaction posting
• Preparation and maintenance of multiple financial accounting reports
• Presentations to leadership on departmental financial health
- Accounting Technician II at TN Department of Corrections
- Accounting Technician I at TN Department of Corrections
- Accounting Technician at Horne, LLP
- Office Manager at Downtown Presbyterian Church
5 months at this Job
- Certificate of Introduction
- Certificate of Reading Financial Statements
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Accounting - Computer Accounting
- Certificate of Accounting Technology
- Certificate of Introduction
- Bachelor of Computer Information Technology - Computer Information Technology