December 2017 - Current Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is a non-profit organization that provides a variety of programs and services for the Jewish community in Greater Seattle. I was hired as the Accounts Payable Accountant. My main tasks included invoice & expense report processing through accounting software. In order to do so I had to resolve issues both internally with other staff members and externally with vendors when they came up. I was also involved in account reconciliations and audit preparation in regards to accounts payable side of accounting.
December 2017 - Current
Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is a non-profit organization that provides a variety of programs and services for the Jewish community in Greater Seattle. I was hired as the Accounts Payable Accountant. My main tasks included invoice &
expense report processing through accounting software. In order to do so I had to resolve issues both internally with other staff members and externally with vendors when they came up. I was also involved in account reconciliations and audit
preparation in regards to accounts payable side of accounting.
- Accounts Payable Accountant at Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Silver Bay Seafoods
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Finance - Finance
- Bachelors of Science - Mathematics
•Access several different banking portals and be able to run different account activity and balance reports.
•Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for corporate cash and money market accounts.
•Process payment of invoices in the Accounts Payable system.
•Process wires in the Treasury system for property fundings, investor distributions, and, occasionally, the payment of invoices.
•Coordinate set-up of new vendors and/or 3rd party payees in the Accounts Payable and Treasury systems.
•Prepare journal entries for cash transactions to be posted in the General Ledger system.
•Prepare forms and compile legal documents needed to open new bank accounts.
•Maintain and update bank account information for different funds and properties.
•Coordinate bank account access with the property management teams.
- Accounts Payable Accountant at Clarion Partners
- Accounting Assistant at Management Support
1 month at this Job
- Associates Degree in Education
• Cost of Sales vendor reconciliation
• Process and audit employee expense reports
• Prepare analysis of employee expense reports
• Audit COR360 invoices
• Input accounts payable invoices and credit memos
• Prepare analysis of accounts payable accounts
• Prepare and process weekly check runs
• Month end close AP processes
- Accounts Payable Accountant at Guardian Pharmacy
- Accountant II at Morehouse School of Medicine
- Financial Analyst at Georgia Institute of Techology
- Accounts Payable Manager at American CareSource Holdings dba Go Now Doctors
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - HealthCare Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
* Responsible for the ongoing daily accounting functions of processing Accounts Payable from obtaining approvals for payments, ensuring accurate coding, processing and mail checks, vendor statement reconciliations and vendor follow-up as needed. * File management/maintenance, DMV tracking for renewals. * Management AP desk, AP mail and e-mail box. * Collect certificates of liability insurance and W-9's. * Processing Year end 1099 and compliance reports.
- Accounts Payable Accountant at Walsh Vineyards Management Inc
- Accounts Receivable Accountant at Radiator & AC
- Staff Accountant at Syar Industries Inc
- Accounting Assistant /Administrative Assistant at Wolfe Center
1 year at this Job
- - Business Accounting
- - Accounting
Processed standard invoices, operating contract invoices, project contract invoices, and construction pay estimate contract invoices. Filed invoices by voucher number.
• Recovered approximately $100,000 in taxes improperly charged to the Allegheny County Airport Authority, in violation of their exemption as a municipal authority.
• Set up new vendors in accounting system using systems address book, collected information to set vendors up as ACH vendors, and assisted with vendor telephone calls and emails on invoice discrepancies.
• Ensured that in cases where contract indicated using a "subcontractor", that the subcontractor was legitimately being used.
• Found approximately 350 duplicate invoices submitted for payment, saving the Airport Authority approximately $400,000.
• Ensured that invoices that were supposed to be under contract were paid under correct contract.
• Assisted Accounts Payable Supervisor with yearend 1099 reporting. Ensured TIN matched W9s. Obtained over 200 W9s annually needed to process invoices.
• Discovered significant problems with invoices for one particular vendor that were linked to incorrect contracts. Sorted out, matching invoices to correct contracts thus insuring proper payment and credit.
• Used Concur software in processing expense statements, and Oracle-based JD Edwards software in processing invoices and setting up vendors as ACH vendors. Processed over 2,000 invoices annually with individual dollar values ranging between $50 to $500,000.00.
• Received commendation from management for consistently ensuring that invoices were paid at correct amounts.
• Provided value added help in accounts payables by checking contract rates and contract expiration dates. Understood overall scope of contracts in determining whether services represented within the invoices were in accordance with contract intent.
• Interacted with various levels of management to resolve invoice issues involving incorrect accounting codes, expired contracts, and contracts depleted of funds.
- Accounts Payable Accountant at ALLEGHENY COUNTY AIRPORT AUTHORITY, Pittsburgh International Airport, PA
- at ALLEGHENY COUNTY AIRPORT AUTHORITY, Pittsburgh International Airport, PA
- Accounts Payable Clerk at
- at MATTHEWS INTERNATIONAL
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
Took initiative to fill in work gaps after workforce reductions in department Solely responsible for weekly vendor payment process .Quickly learned new systems of check writing software and invoicing systems during several upgrades and software changes. Trained college interns on coding, journal entries and accounts payable duties. " Proactively picked up additional duties during workforce downsizing including preparation and submittal of monthly State and Parish Sales tax reports, as well as coding G&A invoices in OpenInvoice System. " Assisted in preparing and reconciling the 13-week cash flow forecasts during company reorganization process. " Entrusted with weekly payment process from creating and vetting the prelist to printing vendor checks using OGSYS and Piracle Create-A-Check. Resolve vendor inquiries through emails and phone calls in a courteous and professional manner by investigating payment history and invoicing issues. " Work with Treasury Department to convey banking details and payment information for vendors, as well as create manual check entries in OGSYS accounting system to clear wire payments and credits received. " Code and approve expense reports using Concur Expense Report system by ensuring all receipts are included and appropriate while verifying proper authorization has been given. " Create and post journal entries for A/P corrections, disputed items, credit invoices. " Prepare, review and submit all vendor 1099s annually, as well as investigate and correct any IRS discrepancies. " Respond to external and internal audit requests by providing explanations to all inquiries timely and courteously.
- Accounts Payable Accountant at PetroQuest Energy, Inc
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Vada Energy
- Account Clerk at Great Southern Oil & Gas
- Secretary II at SWACO
14 years at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science degree - Applied Science
- - Accounting
● Handle accounts payable, refund checks, and reconciliation of bank statements
● Post invoices into computer system, and verify bills are approved before paying
● Processed journal entries, online transfers and payment
● Confirm that reimbursement forms and credit card bills have appropriate supporting documentation
● Research vendor statements; work with vendors to reconcile statements/invoices, as necessary
● Prepare monthly sales tax deposits and quarterly sales tax returns
● Handle month-end close, and assist with other projects designated by manager
- Accounts Payable Accountant at Cal-Wood Flooring Supply Inc
- Bookkeeper at Mortgage Connection
- Project Manager & Bookkeeper at Avalon Construction Company
- Customer Service Representative at Far East Café & Oriental Pearl Restaurant
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Accounting & Finance
• Assist with the daily operations within the Accounts Payable Department
• Provide full cycle accounts payable support
• Communicate with employees, company sites and vendors via phone or email regarding their invoices and/or payments in a prompt and professional manner
• Review and process employee expense reports in Deltek Time & Expense
• Accurately reconcile, code and key in vendor invoices/expense reports to ensure employees and outside vendors are paid in accordance with company policies and/or vendor contract terms
• Perform timely and accurate weekly vendor and employee check runs, EFT's, ACH's and/or wires
• Reconcile vendor statements and researching vendor payments
• Maintain and update AP master files, system tables and configurations to ensure system performance and data integrity
• Providing support in the Month/Quarter/Year end closing processes and/or audits, to include 1099 preparation and AP sub-ledger to General Ledger reconciliation
• Enforce operating standards in a professional, collaborative manner
• Support business users in the identification and resolution of AP system and process issues
• Maintain all payable records to include archiving, filing, etc.
• Regularly review/edit departmental SOP and desktop procedures as needed
• Assist accounting department with other jobs as needed
• Utilized Deltek Cost Point 7.0.1
- Accounts Payable Accountant at Gryphon Technologies, Inc
- Accounts Payable Consultant II at PSS, Preferred System Solutions
- Accounts Payable Associate II at DCS Corp
- Coordinator, Payment Services at Pew Charitable Trusts
3 months at this Job
* Process all board members quarterly payments * Taken the lead to assist in year-end close * Responsible for the AP invoice tracker * Make sure any inquiries from upper management are answered in a timely manner * Make sure all required invoices are properly accrued and accounted for * Taken the lead in the AP team * Assist my team members with their vendor alpha list * Assist in with Audit inquiries from KMPG and PWC * Responsible for the AP mailbox assuring vendors and consultants get timely response to inquiries, abstracting all invoices daily as well as naming the files and assuring they are all date stamped per SOX compliance * Process incoming invoices in compliance with financial policies and procedures * Responsible of all high importance vendors such as insurances, Cobra reimbursement, and SAB members * Responsible for the largest vendor alpha D-O and high invoice vendors * Preform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, and posting and recording Accounts Payable / Payroll
- Senior Accounts Payable Accountant at Audentes Therapeutics
- Accounts Payable Specialist/Payroll at California Rural Legal Assistance Inc
- Accounting Specialist at Creative Energy Food's
- Accounting Coordinator at American College of Phlebology
10 months at this Job
Accountable for the administration of various accounting functions including financial analysis, reconciliation, month-end close, accounts payable, and vendor management. * Assisted with the month-end process including preparing monthly accruals, reconciling specific accounts and adjusting GL entries per needs. * Prepared monthly reports for amortization for 2 business units' revenue and expense, and analyzed the performance * Reconciled General Ledger accounts, vendor statements, and researched and corrected discrepancies. * Assisted with cash forecasting and expense budgeting by monitoring accrued expenses and daily payments. * Managed accounts payable including preparing journal entries and intercompany transactions, processing reimbursements and payments, posting credit card spending, and coordinating AR for 15 office locations. * Provided margin analysis and commented on margin variance for all hardware/software resale. * Reported and presented financial analysis results to Controller and COO. * Explained accounting policies to staff and vendors, also maintained strategic vendor relationships.
- Accounts Payable/Accountant at [email protected]
- Enterprise Financial Advisor at CHINA MERCHANTS BANK
4 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Financial Accounting