Review, audit and close all completed jobs and submit all closing reports to operations manager for end of the month review. Order all yard inventory and coordinate a monthly inventory count with yard manager. Trained incoming employees with accounting procedures. Assisting office employees troubleshooting and problem solving on reports and daily functions. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER, DRYCO CONSTRUCTION, INC Performed regular check requests and check runs. Function as vendor point of contact for company on a regular basis. Oversaw administration of proper procedures and controls. Receive and act upon audit requests promptly and accurately. Managed matching coding and other payables on a regular basis. ASPHALT DISPATCHER, DRYCO CONSTRUCTION, INC Work with project managers and superintendents to coordinate crews, equipment and materials for the daily asphalt dispatch. Foster relationships with vendors to order materials and schedule sub-contractors and outside trucking. Communicating and assisting field employees to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER at DRYCO CONSTRUCTION, INC
- LOGISTICS COORDINATOR at NYK LOGISTICS
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
Accounts Payable Manager * Managed A/P operations for multiple offices including invoice/check processing, daily bank reconciliation, wire transfers, and annual 1099s * Ensured accurate coding and journal entries, processed daily check runs * Prepared weekly cash reports for and monthly/yearly billing and budget analysis for CFO * Run quarterly depreciation updated in accounting system (Peachtree) * Implemented company-wide automated T&E system (TripsWare) * Implemented American Express auto payment platform for Vestar * Set up new vendors and maintained vendor database and files
- Corp. Accounts Payable Manager at VESTAR CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Account Technician I at CIGNA HEALTHCARE
- Staff Accountant at GRIFFIN GROUP/MERV GRIFFIN ENTERTAINMENT
- at Walt Disney Publising
15 years at this Job
- BBA - Accounting
Exceptionally skilled Accounts Payable professional with an excellent record of strong accuracy and customer service. Able to prioritize effectively to accomplish multiple tasks within tight deadlines. Enthusiastic, personable and professional with a strong client focus and ability to collaborate with team members. Adept at handling multiple projects under high-pressure deadlines. Exceptional proficiency with corporate accounting systems.
Coats & Clark (Coats America) 07/18-Current
Accounts Payable Manager
• Review and verify invoices and check requests
• Sort, code and match invoices, including bills from electricity, water, taxes, miscellaneous expenses, etc.
• Set up invoices for payment
• Approve checks, wire ACH/EFT payments made by the accounts payable clerk, and create a banking transaction code for all payables
• Reconcile accounts payable
• Weekly cash forecast
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Maintain vendor files via FileZilla
• Assist with month end closing
• Provide supporting documentation for audits
• Setup W-9 for end of year 1099's
• Add and update vendor banking information
• Train and evaluate employees to enhance performance, development, and work production
- Accounts Payable Manager at Coats America
- Accounts Payable/Book Keeper at OneTouch LLC
- Financial Crime Specialist II (contract) at Wells Fargo
- Accounts Payable Payment Manager at AvidXchange
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management - Business Management
- Certificate in Office Administration & Accounts Payable
• Manage & oversee all expenses and purchase order vendors.
• Responsible for all processes in our software system which includes the following:
➢ Oversee staff of 7 colleagues.
➢ Review all invoices and process for payment.
➢ Responsible for coding invoices.
➢ Reconcile all PO vendor statements.
➢ Oversee and review all checks processed.
➢ Responsible and perform all accruals at month-end to send to finance department.
➢ Review on a weekly basis cash requirement report before each check run.
• Manage and oversee the entire vendor maintenance area of accounts payable which includes the following:
➢ Review and approve all new vendor set ups
➢ I ensured all documents were received including W9 and all WBEN-8 forms before vendors are set up.
• Perform Month-End closing for Accounts Payable.
➢ Ensure all invoices and expenses are coded and posted in our system.
➢ Run Trial Balance
➢ Payment Register
➢ Correct any errors before posting. Weight Watchers-Bethpage, New York 03/17 - 05/17 Accounts Payable Manager - Consultant
• Managing & overseeing all Accounts Payable Processes.
• Upper Management is undergoing new programs and need my assistance to team lead the department.
• Reviewed and validated batches.
• Sent out letters to vendors requesting monthly statements and reconciled to our trial balance report.
• Reviewed all vendor maintenance updates on banking information.
- Assistant Accounts Payable Manager at CSC Service Works
- Accounts Payable Manager at Parkell, Inc
- Accounts Payable Supervisor at 1800 Flowers.com
- Accounts Payable Supervisor at Adecco
1 year, 7 months at this Job
I was the Accounts Payable Manager for an underground pipeline construction company. I started in February of 2011 and was trained for the position with no prior experience. My job duties consisted of coding and inputting invoices, matching Purchase Orders to Invoices, balancing accounts, cutting checks, reviewing statements from vendors, processing journal entries given to me by the Controller, some Accounts Recievable such as prossesing payments from customers, 1099s for the year end and other basic office skills (answering phones, using the copier, fax and other office equipment). Being a small office I have also helped with the bidding process such as soliciting subs to send quotes, downloaded or order plans, and set up Contracts with subcontractors after jobs are awarded. I have knowledge using Microsoft Office programs and using the American Contractor Accounting software. I have also cross-trained on Payroll and Billing.
- Accounts Payable Manager at Floyd Johnston Construction Co Inc
- Maintenance Records/Office Assistant at Foster & Sons GEC Inc
- Hostess/Cashier at Denny's
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Art History
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER 2016 - 2018
Managed all AP processes including incoming payables, B2B requests and vendor onboarding, W-9 reviews and compliance, as well as, contract analysis. Worked independently and made high-level decisions on an everyday
basis while recording, paying and reconciling bills for several entities and in multiple different currencies. Responsibilities included training and on-boarding new finance personnel and authoring training documentation.
• Streamlined the billing process by implementing paperless billing system reducing paper and resource costs; created new AP workflows and strategies to scale Valve's growing business.
• Designed, implemented and managed onboarding, strategic planning, cross company AP functions and review processes for new manufacturing partner. Guided process of the contract in collaboration with the legal team with a strong focus on streamlining AP functions. Established bank relationship for the new partner and facilitated all banking functions including training.
• Paid over 100 vendors on a weekly basis with 100% accuracy and no returned payments.
• Lead companywide purchase order system implementation. Wrote detailed PO system handbook and held recurring training sessions for existing and new users with detailed instructions.
• Implemented new tax system and worked with an outside vendor to simplify yearend 1099 fillings for all contractors and vendors. Completed annual fillings with great attention to detail with 99% accuracy on 900+ filings every year.
• Processed over 25 recurring VAT payments to different countries around the world and in multiple currencies within a small window of time (3 hrs.) while working with international bank deadlines and 100% accuracy and timely submissions.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER at VALVE CORPORATION
- ASSISTANT DESIGNER at Valve Corporation
- GERMAN LOCALIZATION SPECIALIST at Valve Corporation
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST at Valve Corporation
2 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - EDUCATION
- - INTERIOR DESIGN
Worked my way up from a data entry position and became Accounts Payable Manager by being a reliable resource to both employees and company officers. - Effectively handled all company cash-flow ($275,000 to $400,000 per week) by communicating between sales, manufacturing, engineering, shipping, and purchasing departments - GL maintenance and check runs - Coordinated with vendors and suppliers to negotiate quotes, lead times, shipments, and issuing/receiving POs - Managed full-charge payables for 3 online-based sister companies and 7 retail locations while reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer - Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings/schematics - Performed inventory location transfers - Dealt with freight shipments and customs documentation - Scheduled future AP amounts
- Accounts Payable Manager at Chem-Tainer Industries
- Accounts Receivable Associate at Holiday Inn
- Accountant at Ateco Corporation
- Office Manager at Zaro Maintenance Co
15 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. in Biology - Biology
Accounts Payable Manager: Accounts Receivable, invoicing, bank and credit card reconciliations, verification of accuracy on all invoices, purchase orders and statements. Preparation on all end of year documentation related to accounts payable. Responsible for the monitoring of all vendors and subcontractors Certificates of Insurance as well as Insurance audit preparation. Reconciliation of employees monthly fuel card statements. The creation of purchase orders for designated vendors.
- Accounts Payable Manager at Cheltenham Construction Services
- Bookkeeper at John Hall Lumber Co.
- Owner/Bookkeeper at Applied Coatings, LLC
- Receptionist at Four Rivers OBGYN
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Accounts Payable Manager for the largest custom window coverings distributor in the Midwest. Responsible for scheduling and managing all functions of the accounting department, including payroll budget. Heavy invoice match and entry for all product, as well as approving, entering, and processing all miscellaneous invoices for our 9 storefront locations. Maintain vendor statements to ensure timely payments, credit card reconciliation, general ledger coding, assist with month end close, and processing weekly check runs that exceed $300,000.
- Accounts Payable Manager at Eddie Z's Blinds & Drapery
- Executive Assistant/Accounts Payable Manager at Metropolitan Limousine
- Director of Operations, Midwest at Diva Limousine, LTD
- Accounts Payable Manager at RayTrans Holdings, Inc
7 months at this Job
Accounts Payable Manager (2011-2017) Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable (2008-2011) Hired as temp contractor on 1/3/2008 to scan all accounting documents from 1996 – 2008 for electronic archives. Hired as employee to Madison on 3/3/2008. Managed a temp contractor to assist in the scanning project. Corporate (investment/fund accounting – onshore and offshore) (2008-17) AP responsibilities included full AP cycle – received, reviewed, requested approvals, coded, entered, posted, processed payments and archived documents; European Travelex payments (2008-2011); check deposits, credit card and petty cash reconciliations; employee expense reimbursements, journal entries; managed tracking spreadsheet for the legal department; prepared quarterly sales and use tax reports/payments; fixed asset reconciliations, oversaw master vendor list; prepared 1099-misc reporting for various entities; analytical review of expenses and ad hoc reporting. Assisted in implementing and managing automated AP processes and online tools, such as ACH direct deposit, LawTrac, and most recently Expensify. Managed up to 12 different companies and multiple department managers within the corporate investment environment and 1 corporate staff employee to ensure payments were processed timely and accurately according to the company policies. Madison brought 12 of the investment entities accounting in-house to be processed. Processed AP for the following: 4 Oil & Gas companies (2008-2009, sold 2015), 1 winery (2009-15), 3 small real estate companies (2008-12), 3 art storage and service companies (2012-16), and 1 live music and entertainment company (2014-17). All located in various states and operating within various software. Each with of their own set of books. Assisted in SOP documenting for corporate and winery. Real estate companies – processed AP, reconciled the general ledger, entered the reoccurring, accrual and adjusting entries, and prepared financial reports for review. Winery and live music companies - matched invoices to POs and/or contracts. Coding included a complex variety of departments and categories. Moved to Arizona and worked remotely from 2013-2017. 2014 – Solely processed over 7,000 invoices, resulting in over 4,000 payments of more than $25 million for corporate, the winery, art storage facilities, and KAABOO combined. Worked directly with bank to resolve any discrepancies.
- Accounts Payable Manager at The Madison Companies, LLC -aka KAABOOWorks, LLC
- Tax Professional/Bookkeeper at H&R Block
- Assistant Manager at Jacob's Well Bookstore
- Accounts Receivable at MC Max Inc. dba Milano Digital
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate - Theater