Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist, based in the New York office, who will be responsible for a variety of accounting-related activities. The Accounts Payable Specialist will report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. This person will ideally have experience working in a fast paced, professional services environment. Someone with experience processing a high volume of invoices would be preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verify all disbursements have been properly authorized and have proper supporting documentation
- Review coding and input of vendor invoices ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with policy
- Print and prepare checks for signature by approved signatories
- Prepare electronic payment files (ACH/Wires/FX payments) and review for accuracy
- Provide exceptional customer service related to inquiries for both internal and external parties
- Prepare journal entries and accounts payable adjustments
- Maintain confidential data, enforce internal controls, and comply with policies and procedures
- Answer accounting and financial queries by researching and interpreting data
- Assist in yearly 1099 reporting
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- 3-5 years Accounts Payable transnational experience in a fast-paced professional services environment
- Legal industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Experience with Elite Enterprise software is preferred, experience with Aderant software and/ or Chrome Invoice is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to adjust to new, different, or changing requirements while conveying a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work under pressure
We are comprised of specialized practices focusing on a variety of skill sets and industries. Having a depth and breadth of industry expertise, our subject matter experts are able to provide tailored and swift sourcing solutions to fulfill client hiring needs. In other words, we connect top talent with companies.
We are the staffing arm of the Pride Global network, a minority-owned integrated human capital solutions firm, with additional offerings in vendor management, payroll programs, and business process optimization.