13057 (formerly 3PD) XPO Logistics is a $1 Billion dollar national organization providing delivery and installation of appliances for major retail stores including Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, and Amazon. Responsibilities: As Accounts Receivable Manager I supervise four clerical staff members ensuring that accounts receivable, cash receipts, fixed assets, bank reconciliations are completed accurately, efficiently and timely. I train staff and review all of their work providing immediate feedback and professional development as appropriate. I prepare and analyze weekly profit and loss statements by location for distribution to senior management teams and I am responsible for design and implementation of internal controls resulting in unqualified audit opinions. On a daily basis I redistribute work to ensure that customer and corporate deadlines are met and tasks are prioritized. Accomplishments: In preparation for the acquisition of the company I strengthened internal controls and launched progressive collections and accounts receivable procedures to provide a solid foundation for the growth that a public merger would bring. I successfully implemented a twice weekly collections effort resulting in collections from past due customers from over 30 days down to 20 days improving cash flow and strengthening the overall balance sheet. I launched a business system conversion for our local office responsible for all data validation, user- acceptance testing and conversion implementation from Mas200 to Oracle. As a result of my thorough data and system testing as well as extensive training of staff, the conversion was seamless for our customers and vendors. Promoted from General Accountant after four years with 3PD as a result of continuous improvement initiatives I implemented ensuring efficiency of our procedures and safeguarding of corporate assets.
- Accounts Receivable Manager at XPO Logistics
- General Accountant at
- Head Teller at Solvay Bank
- Bank Teller at Solvay Bank
5 years, 10 months at this Job
2006 to Present Responsible for handling collections for 80 partners in four offices. Collections exceed five million monthly. Assist Accounts Receivable Manager with various projects and implementation of collections policies and procedures. Coordinate with billing department on overlapping issues; review invoice status on various electronic billing sites. Responsible for resolution of issues pertaining to electronic billing which result in collection actions. Prepare/maintain detailed spreadsheets for partners and clients on accounts which require special attention, such as multiparty billing. Travel to Regional offices to meet with partners. Assist accounts receivable team with cash applications. Process credit card payments, research items in suspense account, process adjustments, write offs and retainer applications. Assist department with training on Starcollect. Proficient in Elite, Arc's, Starcollect, StarTarget, Excel, MS Word, and various electronic billing sites such as Allegient and Tymetrix.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Manager at McCarter & English
- attorney expenses, foreign billing at Coughlin Duffy
- at McElroy, Deutsch and Mulvany
- manager of electronic records at Shanley & Fisher
13 years, 2 months at this Job
Goal-oriented with valuable knowledge and experience in accounts receivable and pricing management, seeking leadership position. Accounts Receivable Manager
Stack Sports, Plano, Texas 75024
August 2017 - Current
• Managed all accounts receivable activities for $10+ million software company.
• Assisted with sales team to ensure finance and sales are reconciled
• Prepared weekly and monthly forecasting reports for Executive team
• Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases
• Created and implemented processes to help drive collections
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Stack Sports
- Pricing Analyst at RealPage Inc
- Billing Analyst at RealPage Inc
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Business Administration - Business Administration
Accounts receivable manager. Working on insurance accounts as well as patient accounts. Working the A/R, posting checks, checking eligibility on patients, surgery scheduling, sending out reviews and appeals to insurance. Electronic posting, transmitting, working insurance denials, sending out patient bills, calling patients on past due accounts, retrieving authorizations for insurance for office visits and surgery.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER at Pediatric Ophthalmology Consultants of South Florida
14 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
Accomplished professional known for being efficient, optimistic and highly adaptable in fast paced, high pressure environments while meeting tight deadlines. Consistently been recognized for drive and commitment, exceeding expectations and developing deep client and staff loyalty. MNI 2014 - Present Accounts Receivable Manager Accounting duties worked in conjunction with Accounts Payable-President, Owner. Post all incoming moneys, ACH, EFT, E Payments, collections, general ledger. Bank deposits; month reconcile. CEO, COO, and Chairman support. Office Manager Inventory and budget control over office purchases and supplies. Vet and contracted cleaning service, vending machines, and equipment within budget constraints. Tracked orders. Mail Room Manager Managed and trained four employees; streamlined work flow and corrected bottle necks. Scheduled and manipulated nine mailings a month covering each Manufacturing and Service companies in the US. Wrote and enforced procedures and policies for new methods of efficiency. Machine maintenance. Conflict management. Human Resource experience (Stand in) Interviewed, hired, trained, conflict management, trusted with personal information. Trusted with duties by and for the Chief Operations Officer. Administrative internet updates and qualified users. QuickBooks monthly and quarterly reconciliations, postings and corrections. Strategy meetings for the company. Previous years Owned and operated a franchise restaurant. Sale Executive. Customer Service Manager.
- Accounts Receivable Manager at MNI
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Science Management
the Related companies, lp | One of the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States and listed as one of the "50" Most Innovative Companies.
Accounts Receivable Manager, 2013 to March-2019
➢ Built the AR department from scratch: formerly were decentralized, and used the opportunity to centralize the process and procedures.
➢ Oversee a staff compliment of 12: the daily operations and strategic objectives of the corporation's Corporate-Commercial-Retail portfolios.
➢ Oversee all intercompany/commercial-retail transactions: billing and collecting payments timely from both internal and external clients.
➢ Maintain A/R records: prepare statements, bills and invoices; process payments; respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner regarding account status; and reconcile expenses to general ledger.
➢ GAAP accounting: indebt knowledge and understanding of treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities.
➢ Strong communication and interpersonal skills - effective in dealing with all levels of personnel.
➢ Revamped A/R procedures and filing systems: created dashboard reports to enhance tracking of receivables, followed up on open accounts and negotiated with clients during collection calls.
➢ Conducted monthly meetings: met with the various business divisions, including upper management.
➢ Financial Controls: Saved millions of dollars by creating a system to identify duplicate credits and revamping the merchandise-return authorization process. Manage the monthly AR close process including reconciliation of AR ledger to GL and preparation of AR month end schedules, AR reporting, and reconciliation to GL and metrics used for internal reporting
➢ Monthly Close: Delivered accurate and on-time monthly financial closing for A/R functions.
➢ A key player within the AR sub-system: JD Edwards, these included but not limited to, documenting issues, testing and validating data as it arises; as well as escalating to upper management where needed.
➢ Responsible for managing the activities: staff invoicing timely/accurately, issuing credit/debit memos, establishing reserves through the directive of the CFO, including responsibilities for the AR and AP sub-subsystems.
➢ Reviewed open receivables with management: to determine action needed on past due/delinquent accounts and point out sluggish or lagging accounts.
➢ Audit delinquent accounts: considered to be non-collectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning the bad-debt status to account.
➢ Manage the day-to-day operations of the AR department: create, implement and maintain policies, procedures and controls, manage and streamline the billing and collection process and cash application functions for the corporation.
➢ Developed/Monitor: tracking tasks and enforcing department policies, procedures and goals while identifying inefficiencies and propose, develop and document new concepts and procedures.
➢ Daily/Weekly/Monthly review of collection reports: to ascertain the status of collections and balances outstanding and reduce collection cycle times (where possible).
➢ Worked closely with Division heads: to ensure collection guidelines are adhered to and issues quickly resolved.
➢ Worked with internal departments and clients: to regulate and resolve hold/release inter-company-payables, in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
➢ Actively monitor and work with internal departments: to resolve all outstanding Accounts Receivable claims and chargebacks.
➢ Manage information requests during year-end audits: respond with the supporting documentations for information during internal audits.
➢ Document trends and initiate corrective action: to ensure maximum cash reimbursement, prompt payment for services rendered and uninterrupted cash flow.
➢ Compile data, conduct statistical and analytical studies of: billing volume, dollars billed, payments received, bills outstanding, cash and revenue fluctuations, and preparing regular and special reports for review in planning and evaluating department objectives.
➢ Kept track of deferred revenue and unbilled Accounts Receivable - by developing a billing tracking system.
➢ Worked with the AR staff to prioritize tasks: ensured staff is trained on policy and procedure and work is accurately processed in a timely manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
➢ Monitor and evaluate staff performance: to ensure duties are properly performed, and employees are working towards common business goals. This includes preparation of the annual performance evaluations. Provide constructive feedback and correction when necessary.
➢ Support staff in researching: complicated transactions and problems.
➢ Interface with Clients: Tenants, Controllers/ Sr. Accountants within the organizations and senior levels management in communicating and resolving issues.
➢ Responsible for review and maintenance of customer database: within the AR/AP client entity Master Lists.
➢ Keep abreast of current developments: practices in my field of expertise.
➢ Staff timesheets: review and approve weekly via the HR systems.
➢ Customer Relations: Nurtured healthy customer relationships to ensure timely payments.
➢ Special projects and Ad hoc reporting: as necessary.
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Most Innovative Companies
- Accounts Receivable/Staff Accountant at The Related Companies LP
- Accounts Payable Coordinator at Capital Call documentations
- Accountant at Saga Studios LTD
6 years, 2 months at this Job
• Turned around and corrected several issues after being promoted to Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager that included implementing new procedures, retraining staff, resolving collection issues with old accounts, and reducing delinquency by 60%.
• Recognized by senior management for accomplishments in resolving complex issues and was assigned additional responsibilities for correcting problems that streamlined operations, reduced bad debt, and increased profits.
• Entrusted with managing the company's largest national chain accounts with up to $135 million in sales.
• Developed and implemented new credit policies/procedures, accounts receivable reporting, and collection goals that streamlined credit approval timelines, minimized bad debt, and significantly reduced DSO.
• Improved department information tracking/monitoring by updating all forms for the credit and AR department.
• Coordinated changeover to a new credit card system that reduced credit card transaction fees and ensured that the company was PCI compliant.
• As Credit Analyst, successfully resolved issues with accounts that were 5 years past due, reorganized how the accounts were managed and approved for credit, and implemented a higher level of customer service.
• Achieved success as Credit Analyst by supporting the sales department in establishing customer accounts, preparing installment contracts, analyzing customer credit, establishing credit guidelines/terms, and managing past-due counts.
- Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager at TRIMARK STRATEGIC
- at TRIMARK STRATEGIC
- Senior Buyer/Co-Branch Manager at CITIFINANCIAL AUTO
- Credit Manager at AMERICREDIT
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
An experienced Finance leader skilled at working capital management, cost reductions, ERP implementations, organizational transformation, and process improvement. Particularly skilled at leading organizational transformation programs, leading and building high performing Order to Cash teams, and cost efficiency via process optimization. BP Products North America, Inc. - Naperville, IL April 2018 - Present
Lubricants Accounts Receivable Manager (Americas)
• Lead the effective management of the Accounts Receivable portfolio for five of BP Castrol's Lubricant businesses in the US, Central/South America and Caribbean, managing a portfolio of c. $100m USD, while reducing bad debt to under 1% (from previous levels of 10%), within the initial 12 months of assuming the leadership role.
• Operational leadership for all Cash Applications and Collections processes for BP's Western Regional Lubricants business, leading the development of 12 direct reports.
• Accountabilities included leadership over bad debt provisions, AR close activities, cash applications, performance reporting, and daily bank reconciliations.
• Drove the AR talent acquisition and retention processes for the team (technical evaluations, professional development, and L&D curriculum development)
• Repositioned the suite of business intelligence reports in order to improve visibility to, and management of, key metrics such as DSO, portfolio aging, uncollectible provisions, chargeback balances, credit availability, and orders (open, pending, cancelled, etc)
• Project manager and sponsor for several Order to Cash process optimization projects, aimed at driving improvement in the Order to Cash process - from order entry & management, invoicing, cash application, collections, bad debt provisioning and governance, credit & risk management, etc.
• Developed governance structure for the Global Business Services organization and Lubricants business to review A/R Aging, bad debt provisioning, and reporting automation / simplification improvements
- Lubricants Accounts Receivable Manager (Americas) at BP Products North America, Inc
- Order to Cash Optimization Lead (Global Business Services) at BP Products North America, Inc
- Accounts Receivable & Collections Team Lead at BP Products North America, Inc
- Short Payment Analyst (Global Business Services) at BP Products North America, Inc
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Resource Management, Magna Cum Laude
Vertical Bridge is the largest private owner and manager of communication infrastructure in the U.S.
• Responsible for all revenue cycle aspects - billing, collections and cash applications
• Develops and oversee performance metrics for a staff of 13
• Generates weekly and monthly reporting and analysis of accounts receivable balances, variances and cash receipts
• Monitors daily cash application of payments made to multiple bank lockboxes
• Responsible for ensuring Cash Applications team is adhering to internal controls with daily cash posting, review of unapplied cash and research of short-pays, over-pays, & duplicate payments
• Assures timely and accurate monthly invoicing, averaging $14M per month
• Reviews and approves pre-billing audit file and all manual billing
• Manages and create action items based on KPIs by analyzing trends and finding continuous process improvements
• Investigates and implements billing changes, including implementing changes in billing cycles, coordinating billing enhancements with ERP system
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Vertical Bridge, LLC
- Regional Credit & Collection Controller at Panalpina Inc
- Sr. Collection Manager at Cross Country Staffing
- Credit & Collection Manager at Unify, formally Siemens Enterprise Communications
1 year, 10 months at this Job
• Create and enforce policies and procedures that streamline collections, credit and operations policies and processes for entire company - US.
• Oversee all phases of the collection process once applied policies and processes are in place
• Manage and analyze accounts receivable information to determine priority of collection activities
• Train, coach and manager AR staff of 8 in collections activities via phone and written correspondence, secure commitments to pay within terms and make requested billing corrections and changes
• Manager Credit Authorization and Cash receipts process, staff of 5
• Determine credit approval authorization based on application and Experian credit detail. Computer Applications: Windows Application, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Internet, Google Applications, Uli-Pro
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Equipment Depot
- A/R, Collections Manager at CDNetworks, Inc & CDNetwork Europe CO LTD
- Collections Manager at ECast, Inc
- Collections Analyst at ECast Ops
1 month at this Job
- BS in Business Management - Business Management