St. Louis, MO Patient Accounts: I answered incoming phone calls from patients that had questions about their explanation of benefits. I helped them understand what they were being charged for and how the benefits worked. Accounts Receivable: Worked an insurance aging report to find out why certain claims were still outstanding with the insurance carrier. I had to overturn denials in regards to no authorizations, demographics, coding issues, timely filing issues, PCP referrals, etc I analyzed end of month reports showing the charges per case, cash per case, how many cases were seen, and the types of cases. 2 Accounts Receivable Supervisor: Trained new AR reps on how to work an insurance aging, navigate through payer websites, clearinghouses, practice management systems. I was auditing each of my AR reps productivity to make sure the quality and quantity was meeting company guidelines. Business Office Manager: Trained new AR reps on how to work an insurance aging, read payer contracts, navigate through payer websites, clearinghouses, practice management systems. I was auditing each of my AR reps productivity to make sure the quality and quantity was meeting company guidelines. 2011-2016 National Medical Billing Services St. Louis, MO Patient Accounts: I answered incoming phone calls from patients that had questions about their explanation of benefits. I helped them understand what they were being charged for and how the benefits worked. Accounts Receivable: Worked an insurance aging report to find out why certain claims were still outstanding with the insurance carrier. I had to overturn denials in regards to no authorizations, demographics, coding issues, timely filing issues, PCP referrals, etc I analyzed end of month reports showing the charges per case, cash per case, how many cases were seen, and the types of cases. Accounts Receivable Supervisor: Trained new AR reps on how to work an insurance aging, navigate through payer websites, clearinghouses,
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at National Medical Billing Services
5 years at this Job
- Associates of Art - Music
Highway Contractor, heavy civil construction, highways, bridges, tunnels, mass transit & airport systems.
Maintain A/R records; Contract Billings, Joint Venture Billings, FOB Billings; process daily deposits for multiple divisions and companies located throughout the United States.
Corporate Accounts Receivable Supervisor, 2014 to present
• Provide daily support for all billings and cash applications for multiple Office Locations and bank accounts throughout the U.S.
• Manage the cash application for 10 different companies
• Monthly Reconcile of the AR to GL for 10 different companies
• Provide weekly, monthly reports to the Executive Team
• Responsible for multiple modules in the JD Edwards/Oracle accounting software: AR, Sales, Contract Billing, Pricing
• Project Lead on multiple upgrades to the JD Edwards/Oracle accounting software as well as provide daily support and troubleshooting issues as needed
• Assist on Internal Audits as needed
• Project Lead on the directive to standardize the load out systems for approximately 70 concrete plants as well as provide ongoing support
- Corporate Accounts Receivable Supervisor at The Lane Construction Corporation
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at
- Accounts Receivable Clerk at
5 years at this Job
Louisville, Kentucky A leading provider of behavioral health care and developmental services. October 2015- Present Accounts Receivable Supervisor * Supervises accounts receivable staff, including hiring, training, and reviewing job performance. * Oversees accounts receivable operations; payments, deposits and refunds. * Oversee State of Kentucky Medicaid Waiver Participant Directed Services (PDS) Program request: employment verifications, copies of paystubs/W2's, apply for Kentucky and Federal employer identification numbers (KEIN/FEIN), payroll backup and unemployment/IRS notices. * Reconciles general ledger accounts receivable accounts with sub-ledger aging reports and open items. * Prepares for and participates in annual independent and financial report audits. * Supervises the MAP 95 process in its entirety. * Reviews and sends daily ACH Report and uploaded bank file into Zirmed. * Reviews deposits/payments that are not applied to client-specific accounts. * Prepares, balances, and distributes corporate deposit batches. * Prepares expected cash receipt reports for payers. * Prepares journal entries. * Approves PDS payroll. * Prepares third-party payer invoicing, according to contract requirements, and modifies billing as required by changes in contract. * Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for gaining/credit balances. * Works closely with BIT Manager on billing issues seen during AR applications. Senior Accountant/Team Lead * Oversaw State of Kentucky Medicaid Waiver Participant Directed Services (PDS) Program request: employment verifications, copies of paystubs/W2's, apply for Kentucky and Federal employer identification numbers (KEIN/FEIN), payroll backup and unemployment/IRS notices. * Approved PDS payroll. * Balanced PDS Medicaid Explanation of Benefits. * Handled PDS FICA Adjustment/Amended Return Issues. * Recorded monthly PDS payroll journal entry. * Acted as liaison between PDS employees and PDS payroll company. * Researched PDS payroll kickbacks and request payroll reissues. * Requested Financial Management documentation from agencies for PDS transfers. * Reviewed and sent daily ACH Report and uploaded bank file into Zirmed. * Recorded corporate cash receipts and made daily bank deposit. * Oversaw all cash receipts recorded on cash log for unposted items, issues, coding errors and missing backup and ensure it balances for month end. * Coordinated special projects for cash posters and refund specialist. * Reconciled general ledger balance sheet accounts with sub-ledgers. * Provided backup for audit request. * Prepared and submit check requisitions. * Identified additional training needs. * Assisted team members when requested. Senior Accountant * Reviewed A/R Aging and created A/R Analysis. * Served as consultant for payroll matters for external customers. * Processed employee verifications. * Reconciled bank statements. * Organized and maintained client, employee and vendor record files. * Uploaded Affiliate events and processed Affiliate payments. * Submitted Medicaid billing claims. * Applied for KEIN and FEIN numbers for clients. * Organized and compiled UI payments and outstanding issues. * Audited client budgets. * Reconciled general ledger balance sheet accounts with sub-ledgers * Process 835 Medicaid Payment/Remittance Advice File.
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Centerstone Kentucky
- Senior Accountant at ELDERSERVE
- Senior Accountant at SEVEN COUNTIES SERVICES, INC
- Staff Accountant at PRESTIGE HEALTHCARE
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Coral Gables, FL January 2011 to Present
Provides turn-key installation services to the wireless industry in designing, supplying, and supporting technology solutions for the commercial and government verticals.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Support Accounts receivable manager and ensure the department is performing to meet deadlines.
• Trained new employees on accounting systems and procedures.
• Prepared all treasury deposits for cash application specialists.
• Prepared accurate customer invoices, credits and rebills while making sure the billing systems is up-to-date.
• Assisted in month-end closing process by posting revenue accruals and collect data to prepare monthly reports.
• Reviewed accounts receivable aging report to ensure compliance as well as research and resolve any payment discrepancies.
• Supervised and coordinated accounts receivable activities to ensure accurate accounts receivable system.
• Prepared work schedules, assigned duties, and examined work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies.
• Assist with employee annual performance review
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at MasTec Network Solutions
- Staff Accountant at Tempo Real Estate, Inc
- Staff Accountant at Keck & Wood, Inc
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree of Business Administration - Business Administration
Provide the most excellent customer service to VIP club members. Accounts receivable of all fees, monthly billing and club charges to all club members. Follow up on any member claims or billing discrepancies, filing and prepare monthly closing reports to upper management. Perform analysis of overpayments, credit balances, small balances or cancellations of wires for proper handling prior to month end. Posting of all payments and balance the cash and checks received. Process Check Request for the Vacation Rental owner rental income, Dockage rental and Fishing Charters. Supervisor: Suzanne Baker Tel.: 305-367-2611
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Ocean Reef Club
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Club, Inc
- Customer Service & Logistics Assistant at Elisol International
7 years at this Job
- Dgo - Marketing
Started in contract Billing, went to customer service, then onto accounts receivables to Supervisor in accounts receivables. Manage 7 employees, overseeing the collections and cash applications.
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Toshiba Business Solutions
- Machine Operator at
- Owner/Operator at Laurie's Daycare
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- A.A.S. - Business Administration
Daily oversight on all aspects of accounts receivable, billing, cash processing, remittance posting, customer service, account resolution, KPI's, and reporting processes are done timely and accurately. Manage the largest clients for the company. Responsible for ongoing projects and communication with client and hospital leadership. Continued development of staff and training on new systems, productivity, quality assurance, software, and onboarding client accounts. Complete Bi weekly Payroll, daily time and system management.
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Accordias Healthcare Services, LLC
- Business Office Manager at Tri County Hospital
- Independent Living Specialist at New Vision for Independence
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
Responsible for all core accounts receivables functions for 49 stations, including managing the accounts receivable analyst staff.
• Collected overdue accounts/assisted with AR/AP
• Posted and updated cash receipts in the computer system
• Compared daily cash report to bank deposit to ensure accurate posting of payments
• Worked closely with internal and external customers to ensure proper payments allocation
• Posted adjustments, including credit and debit memos to accounts
• Worked closely with Corporate office personnel during recent acquisition to distribute payments to correct AR system
• Transitioned recently acquired stations to AR system, including the transfer of invoices, payments, and other adjustments EXPERIENCE 'd)
• Assisted in successfully converting from OSI accounting system to Wide Orbit system
• Ensured monthly invoices were sent out timely and accurately; balanced AR Aging monthly to ensure all invoices generated correctly and payments were applied accurately
• Worked extensively with sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction
• Trained all accounts receivable employees
• Conducted all monthly markets collection meetings and adjustments from the call
• GL Accounting contact for all problem resolutions
• Reviewed all daily AR activity before submission to business manager for final approval OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Nexstar Broadcasting
- Account Receivable Clerk at Nexstar Broadcasting
19 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Computer Information System
Process and collect account receivables for a nationwide company with 900+ employees.
• Management - Works with a team of fourteen employees to attain all accounts receivable goals set by the company. Communicates goals and works alongside the team to meet or exceed them.
• Project Management - Works with the Solutions Manager to implement and maintain new internal records management and payment systems. Keeps track of real time data on updated system to provide feedback to Solutions Manager in order to modify the systems as needed.
• Accounts Receivable - Works directly with the CFO and Controller to complete special projects for the accounts receivable department. Creates aging reports, collections reports, and any other requested project in a timely manner.
• EHR/Medical Records - Keeps track of and follows guidelines for EHR and medical records release laws across varying state guidelines and laws.
• Compliance - Conducts all requests and EHR transfers within the scope of HIPAA and DHHS rules. Audits and sends corrections for any invoice or record that does not comply.
• Training - Orients new staff to company procedures and best practices for the job ahead.
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Sharecare Health Data Services
- RCFE Practice Administrator at Residential Care for the Elderly
- Laboratory Assistant at Veterans Medical Research Foundation
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Human Biology
Oversees healthcare facility's billing department. Ensures that clients and insurance companies are properly billed for all services and payments are received and processed in a timely manner. Provides direction to staff on resolving billing issues and prepares reports for management. Interviews and hires new employees for department. Supervises all accounts receivable functions, such as record keeping, following through on overdue invoices and issuing refunds. Works closely with insurance companies for reimbursement. Reviews, reconciles and corrects account records. Communicates directly with patients and establishes payment plans for individuals without insurance.
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor at Chestnut Health Systems
- Staff Accountant at McLean County Center for Human Services
- Billing Specialist at McLean County Orthopedics
- Patient Accounts Representative at Advocate Medical Group
7 months at this Job
- MBA - Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Health Science