As an Activities Aide, I assist with the planning and implementation of therapeutic recreational activities for the patients. I have helped design and lead groups to encourage socialization, relaxation, provide entertainment, fulfillment, and improve daily living skills with children, adolescent, adult, and forensic patients.
- Activities Aide at Highland-Clarksburg Hospital
- Behavioral Health Technician at Highland-Clarksburg Hospital
- Practicum Student at West Virginia Children's Home (WVCH)
- Mailroom Office Worker and Switchboard Assistant at Davis & Elkins College
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology and Human Services
- Bachelor's - Criminology
As an Activities Aide I provide occupational therapy for residents with disabilities and seniors at a skilled nursing facility. Not only do I run group activities but I also provide one on one room visits. I often contribute to the planning of our activities calendar. I plan crafts, big events, and come up with new games. I document the residents independent and social activities for the day. Occasionally, I assess new residents. I set up the dining room for lunch and dinner. I frequently use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher.
- Activities Aide at Upland Rehabilitation & Care Center
4 years, 3 months at this Job
1400 Silver Street Truth or Consequences, New Mexico 87901 575-894-7855 Resident Aide/ Activities Aide - Assisting with medications, assisting with showers, handing out meals, cleaning rooms, taking care of residents.
- Resident Aide/ Activities Aide at Sierra Health Care
- Drive Thru Cashier at Sonic Drive In
- Homemaker at Lifespan Home Health
- Shift Manager at Subway
9 months at this Job
Escorting residents to and from activities
● Hosting various activities such as bingo, bowling, live musical entertainment, scheduling field trips, etc.
● Former nurse aide, receptionist, unit clerk, scheduler
- Activities Aide at Providence Care Center
33 years, 1 month at this Job
-Temporary working in the Transitional Care Center (TCC)/ short term care until the regular part time Activities Aide is back from recovering from surgery. -Responsible for MDS's, Initial Interviews, and care plans for new admissions to TCC. - Responsible for putting together weekly calendars and programs for TCC residents. -Attending weekly care plan meetings for TCC residents. -Transporting TCC residents to and from activities that are on and/or off their households.
- Activities Aide (Part Time) at Fairport Baptist Homes
- Intern in Activities/Recreation Department at Fairport Baptist Homes
- Unit Counselor at Camp Piperwood
- Intern in Resident Programs Department at Monroe Community Hospital
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science for Recreation and Leisure Studies with Therapeutic Recreation Emphasis
- Associate - Liberal Arts and Science
Dietary Aide: Prepared drinks, made sandwiches, helped the cook, served drinks and dinner. Activities Aide: Played games, took residents for shopping trips, crafts, talked to them, passed dinner trays, provide entertainment and comfort residents.
- Dietary Aide and Activities Aide at Batavia Health Care Center
- Housekeeping at Holiday Inn
- Cashier/Sales Associate at Goodwill Industries
- Burger King Crew Member at Burger King
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - High School Diploma
Provide care and support to mentally and physically handicapped individuals that reside in the state facility. I started as a Residential Services Aide and recently have been promoted to a Theraputic Activities Aide. This entails following individuals' personal support plans, assisting with the occupational aspect of their lives while providing support and promoting independence. Keeping data and notes is a critical aspect of this job as well.
- Theraputic Activities Aide at COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES- Polk Center
- General Manager at SALSA RESTAURANT & LOUNGE
- Estoppel Clerk at Property Debt Research
- Commercial Account Executive at American Broadband & Telecommunications
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Bachelor's in Healthcare Administration
CA Performed cultural dances at the following: Champa conferences The Kennedy Center in Washington, DC Community events in the Bay Area Community events in Orange County
- Dancer/ Team Leader at The Kennedy Center
- assistant in planning and facilitating social at Willow Glen Convalescent Hospital
- Sales Associate at Papaya Clothing
- at The Kennedy Center
15 years at this Job
- B.S - Public Health
Getting residents to participate in daily activities and keep their minds occupied.
- Activities Aide at Capstone Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
7 months at this Job
Assisted the activities director with any tasks that was needed to be done. Took senior residents to and from any activities. Documentations on residents interactions. Assisted seniors.
- Activities Aide at Brookedale Senior Living
- Retail/Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate at Micheals
- Amazon Warehouse Associate at Amazon
- Cashier at Wing Zone
9 months at this Job
- High school
- - Business