As the Activities Director I am responsible for planning, organizing and implementing activities for our elderly residents. Planning community outings, events, and fundraisers. Managing department staff responsibilities, daily resident charting. Attending resident care plan meetings. Providing programs that can involve all residents and their abilities. Keeping the department stocked, supplies ordering. Providing individual life enrichment activities, as well as one on one activities and visits.
- Activities Director at Grace Lutheran Foundation
- Activities Assistant at The Clairemont
3 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
As the Activities Director for Pacifica Senior Living my responsibility include but are not limited to, management of activities budget. Designing monthly activities calendar and newsletter. Holiday and event planning. Procuring and scheduling entertainment and performers. Maintaining and supervising volunteers for the facility. Creating daily activities based on cognitive level of our residence. Such as craft creations, Kitchen Creations, exercise programs, sensory and memory programs. Maintaining daily Facebook posts. Engaging in open communication with residents family members, answering any questions or concerns, that they may have for their loved ones. I provide transport for new and existing residents for activity outings, doctor appointments, Etc. I work closely with other department heads to ensure residences mental and physical wellness are being well looked after. Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- Activities Director at memory care
- Assisting DOB at memory care
- Manager at Scottsdale Ink
- Manager/Ink and Toner Technician at Cartridge World
9 months at this Job
- - Hospitality
- - General Studies
activities director and part time receptionist. scehdules/plans/organizes events
- Activities Director at Blue Ridge Assisted Living And Memory Care
- Caregiver (Full-Time) at Blue Ridge Assisted Living
- Cashier at Walmart
- Line Cook-lead at La Pizzeria at Cucina Rusticate
3 months at this Job
- High school - High school diploma
Dedicated to providing specialized daytime care and programs for individuals with Alzheimer's or other dementias; which enable them to maintain a life with dignity, meaning and purpose, while remaining as independent as possible.
Services and programs support the continued efforts and desires of family caregivers to care for loved ones at home, in their own community.
Created activities tailored to the needs and limitations of participants in a dementia based day care setting.
• Coordinate Activities of Daily Living (ADL) for people suffering from Alzheimer's and Dementias in an adult day care center, allowing the opportunity to be social and participate in activities in a safe environment.
• Served as a Field Instructor for the Tyler Junior College Occupational Therapy Internship Program, responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of a student's educational experience in the practicum placement.
• Market and promote adult dementia care enterprise via direct contact with seniors in the community, doctor's offices, online, open houses, local businesses and other target marketing areas.
• Working with the clinical staff on goals for treating cognitive symptoms, managing behavioral symptoms as well as maintaining quality of life and reducing caregiver burdens.
• Responsible for "meaningful activities" and demonstrate "best" communication skills with interaction to help people remain as active, engaged and as independent as possible, on a daily basis.
- ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR at THE ALMOND TREE ADULT DAY CENTER
- ASSISTANT ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR at CROWN CREST OF PARKER, REHABILITATION AND LIVING CENTER
- ACTIVITY PROGRAM DIRECTOR at OAK WOOD PLACE SENIOR LIVING
- Resident/Visitor concierge, front desk receptionist at GARDEN ESTATE OF TYLER
1 year at this Job
Supervisor- Genia Manion (405) 636-0626 Worked on individual assessments of resident preferences and choices, design and implement a dynamic, engaging and meaningful activity program that caters to social, cultural, educational, wellness, recreational, occupational, creative and spiritual needs. Provided one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting. Maintained Activity Department budget, equipment, and supplies. Trained the staff to be able to carry out the activity program in the absence of the Activities Director.
- Activities Director at Grace Living Center
- Business Office Manager at Village on the Park
- Director of Resident Services at Village on the Park
- at Village on the Park
1 year, 5 months at this Job
As the activities director I am responsible but not limited to. Creating the activities calender for each month. Getting the residence involved with the actives. Reaching out to healthcare vendors to get them involved with some activities. Speaking with the residents family on a daily basis.
- Activities Director at English Meadows Senior Living Community
- direct care provider at Elm tree
- Photographer at CLIX Portrait Studios
5 months at this Job
Counsel and encourage patients to develop leisure activities. Instruct patient in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical or psychological needs. Encourage clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting leisure activities, such as sports, games, arts and crafts, and gardening. Manage, schedule, and maintain an assistant under the Activities Director. Monthly planning, organizing, implementing, and conducting activities on a daily basis. Planned, implemented, and evaluated activities for nursing home residents. Designs programs to encourage socialization, provide entertainment, relaxation, and fulfillment, and improve daily living skills.
- Activities Director at Winder Health Care
- Head Teller at Regions Bank
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Habersham Medical Center
- cashier at Habersham Medical Center
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
* Outside and inside marketing to grow revenue of the business by networking with spectrum, billboard ads, google reviews, and news channels. Helped as a receptionist at the front desk by answering phone calls for setting, rescheduling or cancelling appointments, providing detail information for new patients over the phone and in person. I was also in charge of medical billing, calling insurances for in-network, out of network benefits, and for invoices of payments. Working with the customers, I provided therapy management by preparing the patient for their treatment, setting the equipment and timer for them. To maintain a close relationship with the patient which consisted of building trust and confidentiality, any discomfort they were feeling I was in charge of helping them and letting the Doctor know according to pain. * As Activities Director I was able to help and volunteer with patients that would need our help reaching a goal by providing back to the community. In November of 2016, I was able to work close with East lake high school helping one of our teachers reach her goal of raising 300 turkeys to provide for the families that are in need. I also volunteered at a race for the fallen officers of El Paso, motivating our patients to support at the race; 57 patients were able to attend to the event. By influencing potential patients using my knowledge of marketing skills, I was able to achieve two-time award for 2016 and 2017 of "The Best in the Border" and "The City Magazine" for My Life Chiropractic. This helped to increased the revenue at My Life Chiropractic from seeing 12 patients a day to 108 patients a day.
- Activities Director at My Life Chiropractic
- Cashier at Las Lunas Bakery
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Psychology
Activities director with art and music over Alzheimer patients within a few nursing homes in Alabama. Certificate of Training: Alzheimer's Education and Resource plus Dementia Training.
- Activities director at AERS
- Substitute Teacher K-12 at Chambers Country school
- Substitute Teacher and then worked full time at Chamber County School System
- Claims Analyst West Point Stevens at
9 months at this Job
- - Speech and Communication
(661)492-4635 [email protected] Passionate about achieving a challenging position that allows meaningful contributions to a business success. EXPERIENCE: WELLSPRINGS POST ACUTE CENTER 2013- present Activities director 44445 15st west, Lancaster CA maintain patient documentation, computer documentation, caregiver, driving residents, coordinate group activities, recruit volunteers
- Activities director at Michael R. Madrigal
- Duct tester, inspector at
- Installer at TRUE VALUE AIR CONDITIONING
6 years at this Job
- - Armed security