Adjunct Lecturer at the Borough of Manhattan Community College of the City University of New York. I teach English Composition (English 101) and Introduction to Literature (English 201). Each class enrolls twenty-nine students and takes place over fifteen weeks. English 101 teaches students the fundamentals of critical thinking and how to write a formal academic essay; over the course of the term, students prepare for a departmental final exam during the last class of the semester. English 201 introduces students to short fiction, poetry, and plays, further facilitating critical thinking while initiating creative thinking and interpretation. Both courses are mandatory for all students in the college.
- Adjunct Lecturer at BMCC of CUNY
- Content Editor & Administrator at WALTZ INC
- Editorial Coordinator for Scholastic Education at SCHOLASTIC INC
- Assistant Manager for two years at SCHOLASTIC INC
4 months at this Job
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing - Creative Writing
- Bachelor's - Creative Writing & Psychology
Adjunct lecturer for Athens State University teaching: Portfolio, Exhibit and Research, Fine Art Connections, Printmaking, Figure Drawing, Landscape Painting and Drawing, Art Studio and Special Topics in Art.
- Adjunct Lecturer at Department of Fine Art
- Adjunct Lecturer at Department of Fine Art
- Student at University of Otago
- Visual Art Specialist at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Painting / Drawing
Adjunct Lecturer in the Department of Public Management. Practiced at teaching classes aimed at graduate level prospective HR/ Public Management professionals. Skilled in Classroom management; lesson plan development; learning strategies; testing and evaluation; detail-oriented. Utilizes a variety of instructional methodologies to keep courses fresh and engaging; work with individual students to improve understanding of course materials; assist students develop talent through range of exercises, readings and discussions. Focus on the practical application of Human Resources functions using contemporary tools, legal analysis and cases, techniques and direct practical experiences.
- Adjunct Lecturer at JOHN JAY COLLEGE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- Administrative Judge at UNITED STATES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION
- Trial Attorney at
- Staff Attorney at MFY LEGAL SERVICES
3 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
1998. - Have been an Adjunct Lecturer at Queens borough Community College since 2007. - Conducted regular classes in algebra, calculus, pre- calculus, calculus for business. - Conducted classes for Labor Enrichment Action Program (LEAP) for 4 years. - Made basic Mathematical concepts clear. Made sure they understood the topic before moving to the next topic. - Made lesson plans. - Created, administered and graded tests to track students' progress. - Advised and counseled students. - Have taught weekend classes. - Lab assistant at math lab at Queens College.
- Adjunct Lecturer at Queens College
20 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts - Applied Math
- Bachelor of Science - Physics
Teach at the H. Lavity Stoutt Community College and the University of the West Indies in the British Virgin Islands
• Teach students working towards a 2 year degree (AA Degree) in Psychology, Sociology, Research Methods, Human Growth and Development, Substance Abuse, and study skills, and Principles of Business. Planned lectures, administered examinations. (H. Lavity Stoutt Community College)
• Taught student working on their masters in counseling for the University of the West Indies in Counseling, Public Administration, and Sociology. Planned lectures, administered examinations.
• Have over 13 years experience in Lecturing at college level Hl Lavity Stoutt Community College in the British Virgin Islands.
• Have experienced as the Director of Student Services at the college level.
• Have over six years experience as an adjunct lecturer at the University of the West Indies in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
• Certified as a Mediator.
• Online lecturer: Public Administration
• Conduct training in areas of HIV/AIDS,Staff Development, Domestic violence, etc.
• Have experienced with training police officers in Domestic violence.
• Conducted an assessment for the Government of the British Virgin Islands in assessing drug treatment program,.
• Psychosocial, domestic violence, substance abuse, and sexual abuse assessment for children, teenagers and adults.
• Appointed by the Governor of the British Virgin Islands to assess National Security of the country.
• Conducted a weekly radio program for establishing a healthy relationship
• Conducted training for a number of organizations in child abuse, domestic violence, staff development, team building and HIV/AIDS.
• Appointed by the court in the British Virgin Islands to assess victims of child abuse and prepare them for court.
• Prepared domestic violence reports and psychological reports for the court before sentencing.
• Performed the role as a Clinical Supervisor of a Court focus Domestic Violence for abusers.
• Trained as a Trainer of Trainers.
• Implemented innovative programs for staff and students.
• Excellent relationship builder with students, faculty, staff and administration.
• Supervised master level students who were working on their masters in counselling and social work in the US Virgin Islands
• Good interpersonal skills with verbal communication and research skills.
• Conducted a number of training/presentations in areas of team building, time & stress management and building Morale, HIV/AID, child sexual abuse, domestic violence, and relationships.
• Articles written on the following topics: “Why Men Commit Domestic Violence” : “Characteristics of a Batterer”; “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace” and “Living with HIV”
- Adjunct Lecturer at H. Lavity Stoutt Community College/University of the west Indies
- Executive Director/Counselor of Family Support Network at Family Support Network
- HR/Office Manager at AMS Financial Services
- HR/Office Manager at CCT Global Communication
19 years at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration
- Doctorate of Philosophy - Social Work
- Masters of Social Work
- Bachelor of Art - Psychology/Physical Education
Barry University Miami, Florida Adjunct Lecturer 2018 – Present ¨ Instructor ENG210 Writing About Literature. ¨ Designed syllabus and provided students with clearly defined course objectives for each class. ¨ Responsible for instructing students on academic research methods, standards of academic writing, literary analysis, English language grammar, and the drafting process. ¨ Modified instruction methods in order to accommodate international students' needs. ¨ Maintained web courses on Canvas, a digital instruction platform. ¨ Consistently provided feedback on assignments before established deadlines. ¨ Held weekly office hours to provide tutoring, counseling, or assistance to students in need.
- Adjunct Lecturer at Barry University
- Adjunct Lecturer at Florida International University
- Research Assistant at Florida International University
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Florida International University
5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- - Abnormal Psychology
Adjunct professor at Rutgers University, Mason Gross School of the Arts in the media department. I prepared syllabi, prepare and lead seminars and workshops. Co-authored the course "net.art: Visual and Contemporary Arts Practices in Online Media". I lead seminars and discussions surrounded the literature and media we analyze in this course.
- Adjunct Lecturer at Rutgers University
- Freelance 3D Artist at
- Gallery Technician at Kunste Werke
- Video Editor at Amos Poe - Lunch Box Films
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Fine Arts
- Bachelor of the Fine Arts
Lecturer § Instruct students on how to use advanced features of AutoCAD § Provide instruction on the essentials of building design and engineering
- Adjunct Lecturer at New York City College of Technology
- Instructor at City Polytechnic High School of Architecture, Engineering and Technology
- Manager at Bronx Electronics and Prosound
- Internship/AutoCAD at MechoSystems
3 years at this Job
- Instructional Technology - Education
- Certification - Technology Education
- Bachelor's - Architectural technology
Supervision of Teacher Candidates in a variety of urban and suburban classroom placements.
- Adjunct Lecturer at Buffalo State College, Buffalo N Y
at this Job
- Adjunct Lecturer at Lehman College
- Sales Associate at David Z
- Sales Associate at Shoe Mania
- Math Teacher at Municipal High School
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Mathematics - Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics - Mathematics