October 2001 and retired January 1, 2016
Supervisor: Fire Chief Jeff Maxwell (831)479-6842
930 17th Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Job Title: Administrative Services Manager
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Excellent phone and customer service
• Budgeting, payroll, purchases, general bookkeeping and employee record keeping for the department
• Hiring and management of employees
• Interviewing potential employees
• Training of office staff and new hires
• Workman's Compensation Claims
• Employee reviews and goal setting
• Staffing and scheduling
- Administrative Services Manager at Central Fire Protection District of Santa Cruz County
14 years, 3 months at this Job
- AA - Business and Computer Technology
- High School diploma
Negotiation Fleet management Financial Administration
Crime Prevention L.E. Training Coordinator Team Management Youthful Offender Instructor Motivator and communicator D.U.I Instructor Department of Probation Services
• Gettysburg PA
• 2013 to 2016 Administrative Services Manager I have directed the analysis and negotiation of contracts linked to the acquisition or release of equipment, materials, supplies, and services. I managed all operations and maintenance, which included supervising court support staff, integrating new technology, and administering finances. I managed and instructed multiple programs such as the Youthful Offender Program, Adult D.U.I Classes and Community Service for offenders while ensuring that all timelines, scope, and budgets were met. I organized support services and long and short-term maintenance needs. I coordinated cross-departmental communication between court related programs, data processing, materials, security, reproduction, wellness, and transportation service departments to ensure accuracy. Key Accomplishments:
• Improved the Probation Department by organizing renovation projects, designing grounds and planning workspaces.
• Introduced energy efficiency procedures to reduce costs.
• Instructor of Adult D.U.I Classes
• Reduced recidivism among offenders and increased their completion of community service hours by 30,000 hours.
- Administrative Services Manager at Department of Probation Services
- Law Enforcement Officer at Gettysburg Borough/Washington Township Police Department
- 9-1-1 Coordinator at Adams County Department of Emergency Services
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration & Management - Criminal Justice Administration & Management
Managed front office functions to support four locations; Office Services, Reception, Filing, Mail, and
● Responsible for budgeting, hiring and managing.
● Maintained records control, filing, mail, supply purchasing and equipment maintenance.
● Administered over six hundred UPS accounts.
● Reduced headcount in the Administrative Services division implementing process change improvements, while handling increasing volumes and responsibilities.
● Reduced overtime by 5% and maintained the lowest department turnover rate within the organization.
● Consolidated major vendor accounts and improved relationships.
● Liaison with 3rd party vendors.
● Participated in the development of service level agreements and managed service level compliance.
● Facilitated interdepartmental meetings and communication.
- Administrative Services Manager at Prommis Solutions LLC
- Administrative Services Supervisor/IT Help Desk Technician at Prommis Solutions LLC
- Administrative Assistant at Prommis Solutions LLC
10 years, 2 months at this Job
• Oversaw the delivery of administrative services for 80+ employees; services included administrative, performance evaluations, payroll and benefits, onboarding, Equal Opportunity, employee relations, awards and promotions, and separations
• Guided 11 junior managers and employees through company performance expectations to include: physical testing standards, weapon qualification parameters, professional appearance, and financial stability standards that resulted in 98% qualification/pass rate
• Ensured daily reports and personnel actions were completed in a timely manner; briefed senior leaders weekly on relevant personnel actions to include annual performance reviews, employee recognition awards, and leave requests
• Developed and implemented internal quality control measures that eliminated 99% of procedural and regulatory violations; resulted in increased productivity and eliminated duplication of efforts
• Organized and executed company training schedule; verified all training was conducted within established standard operation procedures, rules and regulations with zero safety incidents Logistics/Administrative Manager
• Regulated and monitored transportation operations for deployments and redeployments to and from 39 countries spanning 105M square miles; ensured logistical readiness for over 18K employees
• Hand selected by senior managers over 7 qualified leaders to perform the duties of Distribution and Movement Operations Manager while managing administrative functions for 20 employees
• Prepared and processed documentation for administration of quality control programs; reviewed and maintained personnel records, and interviewed individuals to ensure accuracy of information
• Created and revised systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and personnel requirements
• Processed over 210 Logistical Support Requests that contributed to the proper fulfillment of transportation requirements Transportation/Administrative Support Manager
• Oversaw the professional development of 7 employees while providing detailed monthly counseling and professional growth charts; resulted in 4 employees being recognized for leadership potential and promotion
• Managed logistical and maintenance concerns of organization equipment valued at $3M; achieved 100% on time rate of goals established by senior executives and maintained 98% operational readiness rate
• Instrumental in every aspect of planning, organizing, and facilitating the relocation of the organization ensuring uninterrupted logistics support to daily operations
• Coached and trained over 17 employees on Mutual Logistics Support Request transactions and leadership development
• Produced required and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders under tight timelines and strict guidelines Senior Movement Supervisor
• Planned, coordinated, and monitored the distribution of materials, general supplies, fuel, and mail for 3.9K employees while in an austere environment
• Supervised and performed personnel activities and functions, including personnel action requests, source documents, unit, field, and master personnel records
• Responsible for equipment readiness, transportation, supply and services, administrative functions, accountability and maintenance of equipment valued more than $3M
• Built, organized and maintained informational databases; tracked employee certifications, training complete and company capabilities
• Managed 600+ Logistical Movement Requests that contributed to the proper transport of 1K employees with zero losses
• Trained 14 department commodity managers and shared expert knowledge of transportation operations; resulted in 100% fulfillment of supplies across 5 forward support hubs for a 12-month period while deployed to Afghanistan
- Administrative Services Manager at United States Army
- Personnel Administrative Manager at United States Army
22 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Business Management
• Custodian of records for all legal requests
• Secure and maintain all sequestered medical records pending disposition of legal actions or claims
• Act as internal liaison with facilities management company and its representatives on all facilities-related issues
• Provider leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization
• Coordinate any facilities expansion, enhancement or reconfiguration activities
• Reconcile and approve all facility-related expenses and approve payment of invoices up to an approved limit
• Participate in contract negotiations and requests for proposals
• Maintain CEO's records, schedules, appointments, travel
• Coordinate all communications to insure effective use of CEO's resources and time
• Compose all correspondence for CEO
• Coordinate professional liability coverage for all physicians and entities and ensure application and renewal documents are timely submitted
• Organize and prepare monthly Board of Managers meetings and annual retreat
• Maintain all corporate contracts and records
• Approve time-off requests for physicians and directors
• Act as project manager for special projects
• Support the Dermatopathology Fellowship Program with administrative support of the Program Director
• Supervise administrative staff for physician support
- Administrative Services Manager at ProPath
- Quality Process Improvement Consultant at Baylor Health Care System
- Administrative Assistant to the Director of Heart and Vascular Services at Baylor Medical Center at Garland
- Lucent Business Associate II at Lucent Technologies
6 years at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts - Business Administration
• Responsible for accounts payable and account receivable departments along with front desk reception. Act as a backup resource as needed.
• Monitor the facility quarterly employee review process.
• Directly responsible for all recruiting and staffing for the organization, including identification of openings, job board postings, development of job descriptions, screening and scheduling phone and onsite interviews.
• Work in coordination with employment agencies, third party recruiters, and internal job posting program to find qualified candidates for specialized positions.
• Coordination of potential new hire screenings including background screens, acknowledging previous employment verification, reference checks, and scheduling pre-employment drug screening.
• E-Verify new hires and enter employee information into HRIS.
• Directly provide training or arrange specialized training for both hourly and salary personnel.
• Manage employee grievances ensuring compliance with company policies, as well as federal and state laws.
• Administer group benefits plans and enroll eligible employees as needed.
• Responsible for coordination of all employee related on and off-site functions.
• File worker's compensation claims and follow up on all accident investigations. Monitor life of claims. Work with supervisors/managers to determine accident root cause and develop plans for incident/accident elimination.
• Manage and administer employee relations activities including benefits, worker's compensation issues, STD and LTD claims and implementation of standard fair labor practices.
• Ensure adherence to all relevant employment laws and company policies for any changes in employment status, including hiring, separation, promotion and transfer.
• Maintain all employee related files to include personnel and training files through HRIS and paper related files.
• Responsible for building security including alarm systems, distribution and tracking of office keys, security entrance cards and codes.
• Work directly with Operations Manager to development yearly facility budgeting.
• Directly responsible for Human Resources, Administrative, and Accounting budget spending and tracking.
• Act as the document control manager for Accounting, Administrative, and Human Resources departments.
- Administrative Services Manager at Groth Corporation
- Human Resource Manager at OcuSoft Inc
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
• Manage office and staff of 2. (Administrative Assistant and Accounting Technician)
• Responsible for general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, risk and cash control
• Human Resources including recruiting, onboarding, benefits, CalPers reporting
• Prepare monthly financial reports
• Prepare monthly Board packets with pertinent financial reports
• Prepare all schedules for insurance reporting and renewal purposes. (Property, Liability, W/C and vehicle)
• Manage all insurance claims
• Point person for internal audit, state compensation reporting and any additional audits as needed
• Certified Board Clerk (Obtained in 2016 through CSDA)
• Maintain compliance with GAAP and GASB
- Administrative Services Manager at Sewer Authority Mid-Coastside
- Consultant/Temporary at Robert Half International/Accountemps/Universal Staffing
- General Accounting and Budget Manager at Monterey Salinas Transit
- Accounting Manager at Shamrock Seed Company Inc
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Accounting and Business
- - General Education and Nursing
promoted from Administrative Assistant position with the same company) o Supporting the COO with administrative needs o Handling travel arrangements for the COO and other executives and employees as needed o Creating expense reports for reimbursement on behalf of the executive team o Managing the Outlook calendar and meeting requests for the COO o Scheduling meetings for the executive staff and operations departments o Organizing meeting agendas, attending meetings, and preparing meeting minutes o Scheduling conference calls between management and current or potential clients o Scheduling and coordinating quarterly off-site All Hands meetings o Completing monthly profitability reports for each region of service o Compiling various reports requested by the executive team o Performing corporate credit card purchases and reconciliations o Managing inventory and ordering of office supplies o Acting as direct contact for all of the building's facility needs o Overseeing vendors contracted to support building maintenance o Managing security guard personnel for office building o Ensuring annual building certifications are kept current o Reviewing and authorizing invoices o Revising client contracts o Compiling responses to audits and RFPs o Developing, editing, and proofreading policy and procedure documents o Act as lead of the company's Philanthropic Committee, o Selecting charities and organizations to donate to o Developing ideas to raise funds for the company's non-profit o Planning volunteer opportunities for the staff o Coordinating monthly employee appreciation events
- Administrative Services Manager at PCV Murcor
- Administrative Assistant at PCV Murcor
- Supervisor Responsibilities at PCV Murcor
- Data Entry at PCV Murcor
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associates Degree
- High School Diploma
• Monitor students' progress, and provide students and teachers with assistance in resolving any problems.
• Set educational standards and goals, and help establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
• Prepare and maintain attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or direct preparation and maintenance activities.
• Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff, and recommend personnel actions for programs and services.
• Review and evaluate new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with state, local, and federal regulations, and recommend any necessary modifications.
• Prepare and submit budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
- Administrative Services Manager at GOD'S CHOSEN CHILDREN
- Paraprofessional at MSD WAYNE TOWNSHIP
- Eligibility Specialist at AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICE
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Services
Responsible for human resource activities for 52 employees including compensation and benefits, employee relations, and new hire orientation. Created the HR Department and established policies and procedures dealing with employment law. Built and developed the Company Employee Handbook. Promoted HR best practices by providing guidance to management staff in effective coaching and training which reduced employee turnover. Oversaw Company training programs, analyzed training needs, and facilitated all training. Managed Payroll on a biweekly basis. Managed and analyzed employee evaluations and assisted managers with goal-setting. Performed all executive office administrative functions including community, customer, employee, and vendor relations. Process financial accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policy and procedures. Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data. Analyzed and maintained reports to ensure authenticity of data and compliance with policies and procedures. Created the Company profit and loss reports to analyze Company budget including labor expenses and wage considerations. Responsible for all Company purchases and bank account transactions including being a signer on the Company bank accounts.
- Administrative Services Manager at The Historic Plains Hotel
- Data Entry Specialist at Express Employment Professionals
- Customer Service Email Specialist at Sierra Trading Post Inc
- Claims Service Specialist at Allstate Corp
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communications
- Associate Of Arts - English