• Maintained responsibilities held under Admissions Counselor title
• Manage entry level staff and delegate tasks to promote office efficiency
• Establish and manage the college's alumni recruitment team, training all volunteers who participate
- Senior Admissions Counselor at MANHATTANVILLE COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
- Admissions Counselor at Schedule and perform recruitment presentations at schools
- Writing Tutor at MANHATTANVILLE COLLEGE WRITING CENTER
- Admissions Counselor Assistant at MANHATTANVILLE COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
2 months at this Job
- M.Ed. in Education Studies - Higher Education
I am a full time admissions counselor. I am responsible for verifying patients insurance before their appointment arrives
- Admissions Counselor at Greenville Health System
- Rural Carrier Associate at USPS Service
- Operations Manager at hhgregg
- Call Center Agent at Alorica/Samsung
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
at Manoa: Office of Admissions § Recruited at 5 private local high schools and covered other high schools for traveling admissions counselors § Assisted with coordination of campus tours, group tours, and high school application days. § Served as the Admissions Counselor for campus tours Admissions Sessions and campus-wide events. § Coordinated of student workers schedules and assisted with their professional development § Managed promotional and informative material inventory for Admissions Enrollment Management team § Member of the CRM Ellucian committee who worked on turning on the CRM. § Managed the admissions email account and answered inquiries regarding admissions and campus tours § Auctioned applications and assisted students and their families through the admissions process § Utilized Banner, SCORES, MailChimp and other databases to pull statistics and student information. § Accessed all informational emails to be ADA compliant and managed the office's public email
- Admissions Counselor at University of Hawaii
- Hall/ Residence Director at University of Hawaii
- Recreational Leader I V at City of South Gate
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - i n Public Health
Reviewed admissions applications and made sure all interested applicants met all criteria for the Job Corps. Program. Requested any missing documents from schools, health-care providers. Presentations at various High Schools Helped Quality Control process completed files from all other Admissions Counselor's to the approriate centers.
- Admissions Counselor at Cornerstone Solutions Inc
- School Librarian at Avondale School District/Michael Anderson School
- Quality Assurance Specialist at Cornerstone Solutions Inc
- Administrative Assistant at Innovations Group Inc
7 months at this Job
Responsible for the utilization of enrollment management best practices as Counselor for high school students from MS, Memphis (TN), AK, AZ, CO, DC, HI, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV and WY.
Admissions Counselor, Millsaps College (September 2017 to Current)
• Visit high schools within assigned territories, participate in College Fairs, host programs to represent Millsaps and provide on-campus tours
• Serve as representative of Millsaps to prospective first year and transfer students, both on and off campus
• Participate in decisions regarding effective marketing and positioning of an assigned territory
• Conduct informational sessions with families on the admissions process and scholarships
• Utilize Slate technology to access and upload student records, create mailings, and monitor events
• Cultivate strong relationships with guidance counselors
• Oversee, manage and create/facilitate oral and written communications
• Review student files for admissibility
• Plan recruitment programs; assist in the evaluation of all recruitment efforts and bring new ideas and bold thinking to the planning process
- Admissions Counselor at Millsaps College
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Forensic Psychology
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology - Psychology
San Diego Humane Society, Oceanside, Ca.
• Perform brief physical examinations on all incoming animals.
• Administer treatments such as vaccines, oral de-wormer, and perform blood draws for viral testing.
• Perform SNAP Combo and FELV tests on all incoming cats and kittens.
• Assess the behavior and temperament of all incoming animals.
• Administer IM, IV, and SQ injections to cats and dogs.
• Triage wildlife animals. Miami Seaquarium, Miami, Fl. Birthday Party host/ Customer Service Representative
• Decorate party tent as well as host animal themed child birthday parties every weekend.
• Crowd control at the shows. Direct guest where to go and where to sit
• Sell park tickets, annual passes and take care of refunds/exchanges at ticket booth.
• Follow register opening procedures in the morning and close out/balance register at closing time. VOLUNTEER AND EXTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE San Jacinto Animal Shelter, VCA- El Rancho, VCA- Cal Oaks
• Restrain cats and dogs for medical procedures
• Place IV catheters, administer IV, IM, and SQ injections.
• Draw blood from jugular, saphenous, and cephalic veins.
• Administer vaccines and oral medications to patients.
• Monitor patients while under anesthesia.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
- Admissions Counselor at San Diego Humane Society
7 months at this Job
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology - Veterinary Technology
- High School Diploma
Maximized opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with the intent to qualify prospective students regarding the admissions process and program offerings consistent with the University's academic catalogs and/or University websites. As an admissions counselor I was prepared to make as many as 250 phone calls in a day. I met the needs of a diverse student population in order to ensure an overall positive back-to-school experience and followed up with current students through the completion of their second course to ensure student support and success. United States Air Force
• A 20+ year military career with upper-level manager experience. As Superintendent of Manpower, Plans and Operations for the Twelfth Air Force, Air Forces Southern, fosters communication with bases around the world in order to ensure the right mix of individuals are sent to the Central and South American Region, handling upwards of 20,000 personnel. Managed 9600+ contingency deployment requirements with zero discrepancies - pivotal to Air Force Forces mission success. Improved Time-Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) process - Secretary of Defense Order numbers and mission names a must - decreased customer information requests by 75%.
• Gained 6 additional Global Command and Control System machines from Headquarters Air Combat Command - increased Manpower, Personnel and Services directorate manpower planning and Deliberate and Crisis Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES) productivity by 75%. Lead manpower manager responsible for 1788 authorizations throughout Incirlik AB, Turkey valued at $100M. Championed 3 reorganizations/processed 72 Authorization Change Requests/2 Organizational Change Requests - validated/corrected 2,946 positions. Oversaw 6 support agreement annex builds; enabled $1.8M+ in reimbursibles - optimized US/Turkish mission.
• Excelled; Manpower & Org Section Chief during 3 month leadership gap; led 3 person team - flawless execution. Managed Ankara, Turkey Support Facility mission validation; identified 15 potential adds - USAFE praised for massive effort.
• Provided expert manpower and organization advice and support to commanders of the Mission Support and Medical Groups along with 5 subordinate squadrons encompassing more than 475 authorizations valued over $23M at Andersen AFB, Guam.
• Directed and executed deliberate and crisis manpower actions of four special operations and combat search and rescue wings, one special tactics group, and two geographically separated special operations groups totaling 19,000 forces and 121 aircraft worth over $260M in annual military/civilian personnel costs while assigned to Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command. Led finance operations for the military post offices in Ankara, Turkey, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, San Vito Air Base, Italy, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates, Soto Cano Air Base, Honduras and Istres Air Base, France. Postmaster at Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates, San Vito Air Base, Italy and Istres Air Base, France. Conducted monthly audits on all finance clerks that fell under the postal finance sections of the 6 different post offices over a 13 year Military Postal Service career. An active supporter in the U.S. victory in Operation Desert Storm. Part of the Military Postal Team that helped maintain morale for over 200,000 Air Force personnel.
- Admissions Counselor at Ashford University
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Organizational Management
- - SCIENCES
• Admissions counselor for incoming freshman in the East & Middle Tennessee region
• Attend regular recruiting events, scheduling student visits, and assisting students through the College admission process
• Event coordinator for all events pertaining to admissions such as Preview Day, scholarship competitions, campus visits, etc.
• Thomas Martin Society Leader - providing guidance to all Thomas Martin Ambassadors
- Senior Admissions Counselor at Martin Methodist College
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Business Administration
Deliver daily on-campus presentations and answer questions for visiting students and their families, covering all aspects of the university. Represent Winona State University at the Minnesota Association for College Admissions Counselors' Annual Admissions Counselor Institute (ACI). Visit individual high schools in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois, and travel to college fairs, to distribute promotional materials and inform students and their families of Winona State University's excellence in academics, athletics, the arts, and more.
- Admissions Counselor - Visits & Events at Winona State University
- Member Services Representative at Planet Fitness World Headquarters
- Supervisor and Server at Planet Fitness World Headquarters
- Parking Services Student Worker at Winona State University
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
- High School Diploma
• Represented the school as an admissions counselor at College Fairs and Onsite Admissions Events
• Processed undergraduate freshman and transfer student applications
• Controlled the event planning of school events such as Accepted Students Day or Open House Advised students in registration, degree auditing, and transfer credit equivalency procedures
• Delivered Informational Presentations to prospective students and their parents
• Played an integral role in hitting incoming freshman goals for the Fall 2018 Semester
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, the Common App, College Board, Jenzabar, and Element 451
• Promoted in January of 2019 to Senior Counselor
- Senior Admissions Counselor at Molloy College
- INTERNING SCHOOL COUNSELOR at NEW HYDE PARK MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL
- ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH /GRADUATE ASSISTANT at Long Island University Post
- DIVERSITY PEER LEADER at MOUNT IDA COLLEGE
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.S. - School Counseling
- B.S - Psychology