I have 12.5 years experience as an Admitting Representative in the Emergency Room Registration Department verifying patient information, collecting and verifying insurance eligibility, as well as explaining legal documents to patients and handling patient charts in a fast pace, high patient volume department.
- Admitting Representative at Antelope Valley Hospital
12 years, 9 months at this Job
- Medical billing and coding - Medical office
- High school or equivalent - General Education
Efficient admitting representative who handles multiple tasks while providing superior service to patients and their families. Skilled in admission and registration procedures using computer admission applications and preparing transfer of paperwork. Excel in interviewing patients and collecting accurate information quickly and with a personable manner.
- Admitting Representative at Haywood Regional Medical Center
- Financial Counselor at MAHEC
- Office Supervisor at Community Services Group
9 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
2015 to present
Patient Access Services-Registration
Surgery Center/Imaging/Laboratory Services/Main Admission
Admitting Representative II
• Registration, Scheduling and Insurance Verification for patients and Doctor's Offices
• Answers incoming calls, check in and discharge patients; Prepare and break down medical charts for daily surgeries. Print supply worksheet for next day Surgeries.
• Communicates effectively with patients regarding payments and payment plan when necessary, while following HM guidelines. Works with Coordinator to resolve any complex patient issues.
• Retrieves patient's charts from Physician's Offices and Main admissions prior to scheduled surgeries.
• Consistently ensures the privacy of patient health information remains private and confidential according to HIPPA guidelines.
• Consistently provides exceptional customer service (aligning with I CARE values) to all internal and external customers, patients, staff and whomever I come in contact with. Treats everyone with respect, and appreciating their cultural differences, offering personalized service, creating a comfortable atmosphere where patients feel they can connect and share what they are going through.
• Attends departmental monthly meetings, participates in team building exercises and contributes to any process improvement initiatives for my area.
- Admitting Representative II at Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
- Registration and Scheduling Supervisor at Baylor College of Medicine
- Patient Affair Specialist II at Baylor College of Medicine
- Clinical Team Assistant/Administrative Assistant III at Memorial Hermann Hospital
4 years at this Job
• Assembling and updating patients medical information
• Registering of patients for emergerceny and outpatient department
• Assisting er techs when help is needed
• Mails discharge and lien letters using Microsoft Word templates
• Admits incoming patients to the facility
• Extensive knowledge of the legal and technical aspects of Admitting third party insurance
• Wide knowledge in all the functions of the Admitting Department
• In-depth knowledge of all insurance types and government health programs
• Familiarity with ICD9 coding and medical terminology
• Ability to answer the phone for the unit and directs communications
• Ability to remain calm in emergencies and other stressful situations
- Admitting Representative at Sentara Healthcare
- Service Coordinator at BAHAMA BREEZE
- SERVER/SERVER TRAINER at BAHAMA BREEZE
- Office Administrator at FOOD LION
5 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES OF SCIENCE - BIOLOGY
Admitting-Discharge Representative, data entry, scan, copy, verify insurance including collecting copay, closing batch at end of shift, answer phone calls, taking pictures and scanning iris for patients file, training new hires, Workers compensation New and Follow-Up visits, filling out C4, PPR, and giving patients D2 copy. Verifying TPA for all workers compensation. Verifying forms are correct and filled out completely from previous visits at other healthcare facilities. Scheduling future appointments for f/u visits and Motor Vehicle Accidents f/u visits. Completing registration for MVA. Handling work queue for Enterprise Quick Care Registration front and back end. Occupational training in the physical department. UMC call center representative as well as perform other clerical and administrative duties as required.
- Admitting Representative at UMC Hospital
- Medical Assistant, Receptionist at Silverado Medical
- Volunteer work in hospitality and dentistry at Your Best Pathway
- House keeping at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Radiation Therapy
- High School Diploma
▪ Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database. ▪ Prepares admission folders by gathering admission paperwork for scheduled patients. ▪ Remarkable database management skills within several computer systems at once ▪ Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room. ▪ Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients and the public; referring inquirie
- Admitting Representative at Tufts Medical Center
- Customer Service Representative at Activstyle Medical Supply
- Customer Service Representative at Sullivan's Medical Supply
- Office Assistant / Receptionist at Certified Property Management
1 month at this Job
- Some college
Under the direct supervision of the Admitting Services Supervisor and Manager, performs duties inherent in patient bed placements in accordance to the hospital and department procedures, maintains updates for patient bed board, handles all in-house patient transfers, performs duties inherent in the registration if medical, surgical and outpatients prompt and courteously, maintains records and reports in accordance with department procedures, meets productivity and quality standards, governing the bed placement process as defined by the hospital procedures and ensures patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures governing the registration and bed placement process. Works closely with nursing and physicians to ensure an understanding of room availability, procedural guidelines and policies and preparing all admission charts. Under general supervision, completes all hospital registration, Preadmission, Inpatient Admissions, Emergency Room and Outpatient diagnostic testing and treatment areas.
- Admitting Representative at Ingalls Memorial Hospital
- Property Manager at Kothe Realty Enterprises, LLC
- Staffing Manager at Employment Plus
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school
Admitting and registering patients for procedures, bedside registration, collecting co payments and deductibles for procedures, billing payments and account management, answering phones, creating direct admits for different departments, OB registration for Obstetrics, ETC.
- Admitting Representative at COMMUNITY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTERS
- FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST at FRESNO DERMATOLOGY
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT/FRONT OFFICE at VALLEY CHILDRENS HEALTHCARE
- REFERRALS CLERK at DDC
3 months at this Job
- Certificate of completion - Front Office Medical Administration
Los Angeles, CA (Temp Career Strategies Inc. 4/16-7/16)
Admitting Representative/Pre-Admitter Out-Patient Surgery
• Interviewed incoming patients & provide hospital admission policies and insurance billing procedures.
• Provided and obtained signatures on required forms and consents
• Collected applicable co-payments & deductibles or make payment arrangements when appropriate.
• Contacted insurance carriers to obtain authorizations for incoming patients as required.
• Entered patient information into hospital data management systems and departmental logs.
• Verified and documented insurance coverage via internet or telephone.
• Ensured that patient payments were properly posted upon receipt.
• Notified appropriate departments of patient's arrival and ensure they are escorted.
• Ensured compliance to HIPAA and hospital confidentiality standards.
- Admitting Representative/Pre-Admitter Out-Patient Surgery at GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL
- Financial Counselor/Admitting Representative at HOLLYWOOD PRESBYTERIAN MEDICAL CENTER
- Office Manager at PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT SERVICES
- Case Manager at PACIFIC SOUTHWEST FINANCIAL
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - MEDICAL BILLING & CODING
- - MEDICAL CLINICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- - HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION
• Patient Registration/Admission/Billing assistance
• EPIC user
• Interviews the patient or his/her representative to obtain identifying and verifying information
• Applies for HPE eligibility for qualified patients.
• Assist patients seen in emergency department with payment options.
• Answering multiple phone lines
• General Admission/Reception
• Communication with insurance companies (ED/Admission notifications)
• Cash Handling
- Admitting Representative at Alvarado Medical Center
- Patient Service Representative at Sharp Rees-Stealy
- Scheduling Coordinator at Mission Home Health
- Health Care Partner - Staffing Resource Network at Sharp Health Care
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Healthcare Administration