Responsibilities I am an award winning advertising copywriter, working free lance for many companies from the '60s through the 90s. My greatest achievements were in the music business. Accomplishments I began my working life at the prominent '60s direct mail advertising agency Wunderman, Ricotta & Kline. They had all the big book clubs and record clubs, such as the Columbia Record Club. They also did the media for CBS Records, though they were never able to interest CBS in supplying them with a copywriter since all the direct mail copywriters at Wunderman were basically one trick ponies...experts at direct mail but clueless about "current" music and the generation that bought it. I was young (obviously), loved current music, and had writing skills, so as an experiment Wunderman sent me to CBS to try to work with their in-house writers and art directors. It was summer, and people were going on vacation. Well, they immediately loved me, loved my writing, and, at the age of 20, I was assigned to write a complete New York Times Christmas supplement...I believe it was 8 pages, loaded with Columbia and Epic records. I wrote it. Nobody toughed a word of it, and it ran in the N.Y. Times that Christmas. A long career followed...D'Arcy MacManus Masius...creative director at Grey Advertising...etc. etc. But always keeping a foot in the door at CBS Records, my first love. If you ever saw an I for Bob Dylan, Chicago, Sly & the Family Stone, Willie Nelson...I wrote it. In the late '80s I moved to upstate N.Y. and still managed to keep writing for several of my New York clients up until fairly recently, partly due to personnel changes, but mostly due to my lack of interest in writing spam, following social media, and creating website copy...younger people do that a lot better than I would. Skills Used Creating fun, yet motivational writing for various products.
- Free Lance advertising copywriter at Too many to list
47 years at this Job
I write in store advertisements for H-E-B.
- Advertising Copywriter at H-E-B
- Videographer at His Place Family Chruch
- Media Specialist at His Place Church
- Business Center Representative at HEB
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Broadcast Journalism
- - Journalism
- Associate of Arts
Created captions for client’s social media pages. Wrote web copy in-house and for clients. Managed SEO and Veerspace Instagram engagement. Wrote blog entries and articles in-house and for clients. Created video ad copy and copy for printed marketing materials. Assisted in developing content for clients in various markets and industries.
- Advertising Copywriter at Veerspace
- PR Content Writer at Growth Consulting
- Freelance at Self Own Business
- Office Manager at San Pedro Presbyterian Church
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Drama, Writing, Music and Art
- Studied Drama, Literature and Art History
I was planning to retire and go sit in the sun in Texas but those things just don't seem to work out. So, if you are looking for a skilled copywriter with 30 years of creative director experience, I'm in. If you need a pretty good professional photographer, that also works. If you need a guy who can write interesting books, I have two four-star ones on amazon.com. More into movies? I also have an award-winning movie script around here somewhere. Need samples? Well head on over to www.nebraskawriter.com. (Photo samples are on the landing page.) Did I mention I also like to do interviews? You can find those at www.nebraskawriter/page2. So, if you need a copywriter, photographer, screenwriter, skills interviewer, and blogger. Opps. I forgot the blog links. acrossnebraska/blogspot.com. notesfromfly-overcountry.blogspot.com. Oh yeah, facebook: kenny miller and tornadoalleychasers. As you can see, I write a lot.That's why I am too tired to go to Texas and sit in the sun. But, I will sit in the cold in Nebraska and make you rich enough to buy your own plane which I can also fly for you. Just ask Willie Nelson. I flew his jet.
- Advertising copywriter and photographer looking for part time work at Miller & Co.
34 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Advertising and Marketing
I will show you better ideas than you currently have. This isn't hubris, it's my track record
- Freelance Advertising Copywriter at
- Freelance Writer at
- VICE at
- Staff Advertising Writer at
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.A. in Journalism - Journalism
- - Classes
• Creative Copywriting: Write creative Web, Ad, brochure & E-mail promotions copy that generate demand.
• Concept Development: Brainstorm a brand's creative voice to find its unique value in market placement, branding, and advertising.
• Creative Problem Solving: Skilled in identifying areas where a brand voice lacks consistency in copy, design, and media.
• Digital Copywriting: Write clear, concise banner ads, native ads, and social media content.
• Copyeditor: Create & edit content for branding campaigns and marketing strategies.
• Creative Copyeditor: Tailor & edit creative copy with a focus on the travel & hotel industry.
• Website copywriter: Use an extensive creative writing background to communicate the uniqueness of a hotel, brand, and travel experience.
• Creative Headline Copywriter: Conduct critical research to identify the unique selling point of a brand, and write succinct, creative headlines that are relevant, truthful, and make one point.
• Writing: A resource for questions on issues regarding grammar, spelling, punctuation, word usage, themes, & writing style.
- Copywriter at Tambourine
- Copywriter at OMG National
- Freelance Copywriter at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts in English - Creative Writing & Rhetoric
- Associates of Arts Degree - General Education
· Advertising Coordinator. Social media manager. Event coordinator. Blog copywriter. Digital Advertising and Creativr. Advertising strategist. Advertising copywriter and graphic designer - print advertising, digital advertising, in salon advertising, in salon signage, salon literature. Analyze advertising reports. Radio script copywriter. Eblast copywriter and graphic designer. Marketing on hold copywriter. Web copywriter. Design monthly newsletter.
- Marketing Coordinator at PHILIP PELUSI SALON
- MERCHANDISNG AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR at MOORE & GILES, INC
- MARKETING AND MERCHANDISING ASSOCIATE at MOORE & GILES, INC
- INTERN at MOORE & GILES, INC
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Communications
Formul8 is an ad agency in Singapore and Dubai that handles ATL/BTL advertising, branding, digital and social campaigns.
- COPYWRITER at Formul8
- SENIOR COPYWRITER at NUDEFISH MEDIA
- COPYWRITER at PACIFIC ASIAN ADVERTISING
- COPYWRITER at CITY DISCOVERY
3 months at this Job
- BS - BIOLOGY
Responsibilities Worked with marketing, communications, and creative teams to write, proofread, and edit content for a variety of materials for print, online, e-marketing, editorial, social media, presentations, and multi-media. Established, maintained, and enforced corporate content, voice, and tone standards. Managed and prioritized project timelines. Created and applied a creative writing style that mixed editorial efficiency with a flair for inspiring and motivating member engagement. Juggled and met multiple deadlines and priorities for a wide range of projects with great initiative and self-motivation. Communicated to members and the public in a compelling way about the value of membership and promoted products and services in a cohesive and engaging voice.
- Marketing Communications/Advertising Copywriter at THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
- Copywriter at DRAFT WORLDWIDE
- Copywriter/Copy Coordinator at TMP WORLDWIDE
- Broker's Assistant at Epic Savage Realty Partners
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Marketing Communications/Advertising
- Transferred College Credit - Marketing Communications/Advertising Workshop
Create advertising campaigns and stand-alone marketing pieces that are targeted, effective and engaging. Experience with print, broadcast and internet assignments. Work directly with clients and serve as creative talent for agencies. Have created a number of new business presentations that have resulted in increased billing for my clients.
- Copywriter/Producer at Self-Employed
- Creative Director at Aronson Advertising
- Copywriter/Producer at Gustafson Shields Advertising
- Editor at Buyer's Guides Magazines
17 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Communications