MIAMI HERALD (INDULGE MAGAZINE / PALETTE MAGAZINE) | Account Executive
• Led advertising team in magazine sales while adhering to the highest monthly goals in department
• Generated over $75,000 in general revenue while exceeding both online and bottom- line goals every month
• Successfully retained over 200 customers through Retention and Needs-Analysis projects
• Created detailed creatives inspiring future clients to advertise and begin annual campaigns
• Identified and closed larger campaign opportunities resulting in higher revenue through ROI analysis
• Developed and interpreted key information in support of ROI analysis on 500+ offers to optimize specific marketing campaigns UNITED STATES NAVY | Project Manager
• Within a competitive selection of 300, was awarded Junior Sailor of the year for 2010
• Managed accounts for the department with over $500K in accounts receivable and reduced outstanding accounts receivable levels
• Awarded the top accounting department in the pacific region for 2010-2011 for ensuring integrity of all financial transactions
• Served as a readiness advisor, effectively representing the company with other organizations and interacting with senior-level officials and civilian representatives WILDFLOWER MEDIA | Advertising Director
• Achieved 100% of sales goals for various products (Florists' Review, Superfloral, and Canadian Florist Magazine)
• Productively met with new and present clients to insure renewal or initiation of contracts
• Supervised and accounted for each contract's full inspection process including magazine listings, artwork, payment plans, page set-up and documentation
• Managed the Magazine's detailed needs for specific clients: design, art, digital campaigns
• Created written marketing briefs, summaries and capabilities documents that showcase Wildflower Media's collaborative expertise
- Advertising Director at Wildflower Media
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Business - Administration
• Managing: Advertising sales staff of - 5 Multi Media Advertising Sales Representatives - 3 Advertising Assistants
• Organizing and distributing sales collateral - Digital and Print
• Daily duties include Receivables - Expenses - Daily Huddles - Networking - Social Media Content
• Weekly Flash calls, and Weekly advanced digital calls with corporate and Publishers
• Page Layout and Design - Special Section Publications
- Advertising Director at 5 Multi Media Advertising Sales Representatives - 3 Advertising Assistants
- Production Director at Times-Standard
- Facilities Director at Times-Standard
- Circulation Director at Times-Standard
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Journeyman - Press Operator
- High School Diploma
Marketing & Advertising director
• Creation of communication strategies.
• Internal and external customer service
• Brand creation
- Marketing and Advertising Director at Bumerang
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing
This was a daily newspaper for the students of Syracuse University. With a staff of 15 Syracuse University students, I designed ads (based on client interviews) which were then given to the student staff to do the typesetting as per my design. I gave the students a chance to interact with advertisers and create designs of their own for experience as Advertising Director positions in the future. My calculations were used to determine the size of the paper which had been based upon the advertising available for that day. I loved advertising and dealing with advertisers from around the country.
- Advertising Director at THE DAILY ORANGE
- Medical Writer and Illustrator at SGT MEDICAL AND SCIENTIFIC WRITING AND ILLUSTRATION
- Medical Transcriptionist at Crouse Irving Memorial Hospital
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications: Visual and Written (including advertising, illustration & design, silk printing, medical illustration)
- Associate - Sciences: Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Genetics, Microbiology/ Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Finite Mathematics, PreCalculus, Statistics
• Set department budgets according to revenue and expense projections
• Coached account executives in sales and fulfillment strategies
• Monitored product market and adjusted marketing plans
• Brought in more than $120,000 in yearly advertising revenue
• Managed day to day functions of the promotion and marketing departments
• Collaborated with Sales staff to plan campaigns
• Increased revenue of all companies assigned to me by 90-100% plus over monthly goal
• Fielded customer complaints and comments
• Supervised a team of 6 advertising, design and sales professionals
- ADVERTISING DIRECTOR at PARAGOULD DAILY PRESS
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at JONESBORO SUN
- OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE-TELEMARKETING at TRIBUNE STAR
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- HS DIPLOMA
After two years working experiences in Japan, moved into California. At current position, working not only as a director but also as a creator.
[New skills I acquired at this position]
• Skills of Adobe Photoshop CS5 CS6 CC
• Skills of Adobe Premiere Pro CC
• Skills of web design by WordPress
• Skills of HTML and CSS editing
• Knowledge of culture differences between Japan and the U.S.
- Advertising Director at Freelance/Self employed
- Advertising Director at ZYX International
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business
- Bachelor of Global Media - Media Business, Jernalizm
• Ad campaign and media approach resulted in highest top of mind and total unaided ad awareness in 3 years.
• Negotiated new SEO agency contract/fee resulting in company savings of 26% off proposed vendor costs.
• Oversaw implementation of SEO resulting in month over month growth in organic search.
• Championed to retain brand ambassador which resulted in the best performing video content of the year.
• Managed a $21MM Advertising budget while adhering to financial policies of governing bodies.
• Power to communicate advertising strategies and influence key stakeholders (US cotton producers) resulted in a 45.5% budget increase to develop new initiatives with consumers.
- Advertising Director at COTTON INCORPORATED
- Account Supervisor at THE DAVIDHENRY AGENCY
- Account Supervisor at DDB WORLDWIDE
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English Writing
Raleigh, NC 05/16 - 12/18
SVM provides targeted advertising opportunities related to trade and industry associations through digital and print publications.
Senior Inside Advertising Director
Worked with trade associates and other organizations to organize their digital and print media advertising, contacting executives to meet and develop advertising solutions for their firms. Managed a team of 4-5 Inside Sales Representatives aiding with the sales process and cycles, obtaining correct contacts, and overall account management.
• Collaborated with management teams at SVM and trade associations in meeting customer requests and ensured projects were completed on time, clients were satisfied with media, and upselling ad sizes for certain accounts.
• Organized and managed 10+ separate projects.
• Managed a portfolio of 200+ accounts in public and private industries and associations with an emphasis on Oil and Gas, Transportation, and Construction.
• Researched client contacts, locations, and specialties to provide targeted selling points in sales presentations.
• Developed value propositions and presented them to prospective and existing clients.
• Coordinated communications between the Sales Teams and the Art Department to collaborate in successfully meeting the advertising needs of accounts that have been signed.
• Worked with account projects on a national, state, and regional level.
• Addressed issues with clients regarding payments, the art process including timetables for work submission, and ad placement; referred issues to other departments as needed; provided recommendations based on their client profile.
• Worked with clients' issues with purchased advertising listings, negotiating prices to fit budgets and make payments manageable and affordable. Accomplishments
• Maintained consistent status in the Top 5% of sales goals among 50+ Sales Representatives.
• Due to success in selling ads, was assigned a number of accounts that were historically challenging for sales due to negative member relationships within the association. Organized communications and built rapport with C-Level executives and presented value-added propositions to generate business for their company. Saved 3-4 new, annual contracts for digital advertising sales with multiple associations from being revoked, increased sales 85-100%.
• The branch was experiencing a high turnover rate in Sales Representatives; coached and mentored less experienced reps in sales techniques and feel more comfortable with the products and sales process. Performance improved and turnover decreased by 50%.
- Senior Inside Advertising Director at Strategic Value Media
- at Tuesday Morning
- Sales Associate at Carolina Pottery
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communications & Marketing
• Travel nation-wide from event-to-event hauling & setting up equipment.
• Take payment and prepare customer orders in an extremely fast paced work environment.
• Long periods on feet in all types of weather.
• Design event-specific advertising to increase presence not only at events, but also online.
• Maintain companies social media presence & document events to allow followers to keep up with company progression.
- Advertising Director at Williams Vending
- Assistant Manager at Garland Restaurants
- Shift Leader at Subway
- Customer Service Associate at JCPenney
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- General Courses - Pre-Law
- High School Diploma - Commonwealth Track
Recruit new hires, train build sales team. Assign Advertising homes with home alarm systems prior to arriving sales team. Schedule Installs, perform installs.
- Advertising Director at Assurance Alarm
- Branch Manager/Recruiting Coordinator at Connections
- Office Manager at Panda Petitions
- Senior Campaign Manager at Panda Petitions
6 years at this Job
- A.S degree - Medical Assistant
- High School Diploma