FAA Headquarters, 800 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20591 10/1998 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0861 Pay Plan: FV Grade: J Aerospace Engineer (This is a federal job) Supervisor: Chinh Vuong (202-267-1619) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Have been developing, interpreting and implementing policy, procedures, and regulations related to aircraft certification and appliances, and continued airworthiness functions in general. I am the author of FAA Order 8110.4C, Type Certification; AC 21-40A, STC Guide; FAA Order 8110.112, Issue Paper Process; AC 20-166, Issue Paper Process Guide; AC 20-179, FAA Records and Data Retention Agreements Guide. Also, have experience in the disciplines of test and evaluation management, advanced aeropropulsion testing, hypersonics dynamics, reliability and maintainability, cost schedule control systems, and more recently FAA certification duties associated with aircraft airworthiness issues. Specific experience in major type certification projects(Lockheed Martin L-382J or C-130J), test and evaluation management, reliability and maintainability, systems acquisition management, and policy and rulemaking procedures. Knowledgeable of several software programs such as MAC Iworks, Microsoft Word for Windows, Fortran, Ultrix, Microsoft Office for MAC, Enable, Excel, Powerpoint, Mathcad, Visio. DOT/FAA Atlanta Aircraft Certification Office Atlanta, GA US 10/1993 - 09/1998 Hours per week: 40 Series: 0861 Pay Plan: FG Grade: 13 Aerospace Engineer (This is a federal job) Supervisor: Paul C. Sconyers (770-703-6076) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Duties consisted of performing a broad range of certification duties associated with aircraft airworthiness and compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations. Also, I have extensive experience in aeronautical systems reliability, maintainability, and system's safety assessment. Among the projects that I worked I will mention the Lockheed Martin C-130J certification project, the Lockheed L-1011 continued airworthiness propulsion issues, and the Grumman/US Air Force E-8C (J-STARS) propulsion certification issues.
- Aerospace Engineer at DOT/Federal Aviation Administration
- General Engineer at DLA -DCMDO
- Aerospace Engineer at DOD/AFMC/W-PAFB
20 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering
Worked as an Aerospace Engineer developing software tools for space situational awareness applications. Some of our customers
included NASA & NOAA. These applications were used to assist the client in monitoring satellites to avoid collisions in orbit
• Promoted to lead Software Test Engineer o Restructured and implemented new software testing practices that was used company wide o Trained company on proper testing practices and how to conduct testing in Jira using Zephyr software o Wrote software test plans to be conducted in a Linux based environment
• Configured, updated and maintained Jenkins on test machine for continuous integration
• Filled the role as an on-call Software Engineer for customers outside of office hours o Troubleshot and debugged software issues that were to arise and fix the issue in a timely manner, all while communicating with customers about the issues that were occurring
• Compiled and updated documentation & instructions for customers to resource with questions regarding software tools
• Held role of Scrum Master in Agile management system o Involved in weekly management meetings to plan out future sprints o Contributed software expertise in the development of software products through the software lifecycle, from requirements definition through successful deployment
- Aerospace Engineer at SPACENAV
- SENIOR CAPSTONE PROJECT at Lockheed Martin
- Project manager at
- Avionics Engineer at COLORADO SPACE GRANT CONSORTIUM
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Aerospace Engineering
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Aerospace Engineer Principal (Jul. 2014 to present) Supports the FAA's Flight Systems Laboratory Branch (AFS-450) on NEXTGEN National Airspace programs, specifically the Established on Required Navigation Performance independent curved path approach concept. Support centers around safety management and utilizing expertise in aviation and Cockpit Resource Management to conceptualize new methods to enhance safe, fast, and efficient aircraft approaches to parallel runways. Analyzes research conducted during Human-In-The-Loop tests.
- Aerospace Engineer Principal at CLANCY JG
- Independent SMS Auditor, International Standards for Business Aircraft Operations at INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AVIATION COUNCIL
- Deputy Executive Director at OKLAHOMA SPACE INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, Oklahoma Air and Spaceport
- Assistant General Manager at Ground Service Equipment
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - Business
- MA - National Security and Strategic Studies
- BS - Zoology
- Aerospace Engineer at Zodiac Aerospace
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler at Zodiac Aerospace
- PCB Designer at Circuitec
- Network Engineer at MVS RADIO
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electronic & Telecommunications
Worked in a Systems Test Engineer capacity in an Agile Scrum/waterfall development paradigm on the Milstar program. Responsibilities included:
• Planned and conducted requirement verification for software builds and version releases within an Agile development methodology framework for some projects, and a waterfall paradigm for others.
• Analyzed user-level requirements for testability, correctness, and completeness; built user cases and documented integration procedures on a sprint-by-sprint basis to verify requirements; generated Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRMs) to trace requirements to verification methods and test procedures; wrote Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) for Formal Verification test events; and generated test input data for execution of ATPs.
• Worked with ClearCase, which was used as a repository for in-development ATPs and other documents.
• Peer-reviewed Test-related documentation, such as Block Release Test Plans (BRTPs), Software Requirements Specifications (SRSs), ATPs, Technical Orders (TOs), and Test Reports.
• Conducted Formal Verification events with Government customers and Quality Assurance (QA) members in attendance.
• Documented problems encountered in testing, and creating deficiency reports (DRs) in TFS to track problems.
• Recommended user-level solutions to the Developers for DR fixes.
• Used my knowledge and experience in Test/V&V to mentor other team members and provide input to processes.
- Aerospace Engineer at USAF, Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs CO
- Principal Test Engineer at CACI Inc
- Systems Test Engineer at Northrop Grumman Corp
- Test Engineer at Harris Corp
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Aerospace Engineering
I worked on governmental and commercial plane parts for both tankers and freighters at front spar for a few months with 6 certifications regarding necessary skills for aerospace construction and engineering including but not limited to riveting, sealant, cold working, alodine work, crane operating, and chemical handling.
- Aerospace engineer at Triumph Aerostructure
- Retail Sales Associate at AutoZone
- Cook/Prep at Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex
- Aerospace Engineer at
4 months at this Job
- High school
- High school or equivalent
• Accessories engineer (actuators, shimmy dampers, manifolds, valves for commercial AIRBUS, BOEING, CRJ & EMBRAER)
• Regional aircraft engineer responsible for trouble shooting and technical solutions for Landing gears.
- AEROSPACE ENGINEER at AAR CORP
- CAD DESIGNER LVL 3 /Project Engineer at BR+A Engineering
- CAD DESIGNER LVL at 3 BCC Engineering, Inc
- FIELD SURVEYOR at Advanced Transportation Engineering, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies - Interdisciplinary Studies
- Associate in Arts in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- High School Diploma
• Performed data analysis in assembly process of ducts and pipes of Airbus A320 and A340.
• Played a key role in designing an ergonomic, process-oriented workspace that resulted in increasing the production efficiency. Also prepared plans and layouts for pipes and ducts manufacturing of the Airbus A320.
- Aerospace Engineer - Internship at DAHER Aerospace
- Aerospace Engineer - Internship at Salé Airport
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Aerospace Engineering
- - Aerospace Engineering
- - Design
- - Design
- - Design
Operate forklift daily to move composite tools § Operate large crane to stabilize composite tools § Lay-up a variety of composite materials (i.e. graphite, glass, Eight Harness)
- Aerospace Engineer Technician at UTC Aerospace Systems
- Relief Staff at Ocean Park Community Center
- Security Staff at ASI Security
- Bond Assembler at Ducommun Aero Structures
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- license - Hazmat
- - General Education
- High School Diploma
Presently assigned to the Propulsion Systems Analysis Branch (LTA) at NASA Glenn Research Center. Current and past projects: - Element Co-lead for OpenMDAO, an open-source software framework for multidisciplinary design, analysis, and optimization (MDAO) problems supported by the Transformative Tools and Technologies (TTT) Project of NASA's Transformative Aeronautics Concepts (TAC) Pro- gram. - Co-lead developer of Pycycle, a Python-based thermodynamic cycle analysis library with coupled adjoint derivative solvers for integrated multidisciplinary vehicle design optimization. - Lead software engineer for the Crew State Monitoring (CSM) Element of the Vehicle Sys- tems Safety Technologies Project (VSST), in NASAs Aviation Safety Program.
- Research Aerospace Engineer at Glenn Research Center
- Adjunct Professor at Department of Computer Science, Baldwin Wallace University
- Adjunct Professor at Department of Mathematics, Cleveland State University
- at Glenn Research Center
11 years at this Job
- Ph.D. - Applied Mathematics
- M.S. - Mathematics
- B.S. - Mathematics