The After-school Program Tutor will report to and work with the Program Coordinator to administer the After-school Enrichment Program at the Salvation Army Chinatown Corps.
• Supervise and tutor 1st-8th grade students to ensure timely completion of homework
• Administer age-appropriate enrichment activities following homework completion
• Diagnose academic weaknesses of students and offer additional support as needed
• Enthusiasm and passion for educating children
• Sensitivity to the strengths and weaknesses of students; ability to address and accommodate individual needs
• Capacity to effectively communicate and explicate academic concepts to young children
• Basic knowledge of best practices and techniques in child development and discipline
• Proficient knowledge in all academic subjects; demonstrated intellectual curiosity & vitality
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated maturity, initiative, reliability, tact and discretion
• Commitment to the community and the mission of the Salvation Army
• Cantonese or Mandarin Bilingual preferred but not necessary
• Minimum 17 years of age
Hours: 2:00pm-6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: $9.92 – $12, depending upon experience