● 1996-2015 Family-owned regional seed corn company serving Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, and Kentucky until 2012 when the company was sold to Growmark, Inc. Agronomist Directed comprehensive research program with multiple specialty areas to accelerate sales via superior product offerings. Identified high-yield corn hybrids. Led nitrogen and population studies to determine optimal nitrogen and seeding rates in alignment with product and customer needs. Tested full product line, including new hybrids, for sensitivities in response to popular herbicides. Provided hybrid technical support to all internal / external clients to ensure optimal match of product to soil types and crop management approaches to maximize economic return. Conducted presentations and consultations with customers across fertility, weed, insect, and disease issues related to specific products. Monitored seed fields to identify concerns and produce solutions for the production of high yields of elite products for sale. Assisted the manager in annual new product launches. Supervised up to 6 seasonal staff and an intern in the management of research plots. Financial Achievements:
• Increased sales by identifying most profitable products for individual customer needs, as a result of applying the findings produced from cutting edge hybrid experiments.
• Drove highest crop yields and return on customer investments by optimizing crop growth via individually calibrated seeding and nitrogen rates for each hybrid based on scientific studies.
• Reduced yield loss for customers by identifying potentially harmful herbicides for specific hybrids through the use of a personally designed Herbicide Sensitivity Chart outlining research results.
• Cut costs by reducing fungicide use, based on expert scouting and evaluation of disease severity of seed corn inbreds.
● [email protected] SELECT SEED, DIVISION OF GROWMARK ) Agronomist Scientific / Product Contributions:
• Contributed to company's exemplary reputation as a superior regional family-owned seed corn provider for 17 consecutive years, by enabling successful product launches and optimization achieved through evaluation of experimental hybrids through research projects.
• Developed and designed product guides, fact sheets, and web site information providing solutions, product / hybrid technical characteristics and use instructions for customers and sales staff.
• Increased production yields by improving fertility programs and controlling weeds, insects, and diseases by consulting with seed growers and the production manager and field scouting.
• Established reputation as Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of agronomy, weed, insect, and disease issues, as a result of consulting with customers and mentoring sales staff on product technical information and research results, in addition to providing training for sales staff in preparation for Certified Crop Advisor exam. Career Note: Additional experience includes Field Services Director with Iowa Corn Growers Association / Corn Promotion Board and Crop Production Specialist with Land O' Lakes working with two local cooperatives.
- Agronomist at Select Seed A DIVISION OF GROWMARK
19 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Plant Pathology
Agronomist: August 2016 to Present
• Controls irrigation, temperatures, shading, humidity, and grow lights remotely via Priva software for greenhouses and hoop houses
• Pest and disease monitoring
• Supervises 13 Team Leaders for production measures, i.e. picking, crop tending, quality assurance, etc.
• Propagation work with Ilex and Snowball Viburnum
• Report pesticide usages to the local county ag department and surrounding schools
• Give tours to groups wanting to see and learn about what we do at Sun Valley
• Work with interns to provide the best learning experience of all operations of working at a floral farm
• Manages inventory hard counts with the Accounting Controller and auditors
• Manages end of period inventory for greenhouse and hoop house production to present to CEO, CFO, and Accounting Controller Quality Assurance Lead: January 2016 to July 2016
• Made sure our inventory of harvested flowers was properly rotated in coolers based on quality and pick dates
• Hand-picked through the bunched product to remove diseased, broken, or damaged flowers
• Directly communicated with Sun Valley's largest customer as they visited to ensure flower quality
- Agronomist at The Sun Valley Group
- Cashier/Customer Service Associate at Walgreens
- Cashier at Wal- Mart
3 years at this Job
- BS - Greenhouse and Nursery Management
for 3 months and also worked with Besheb services from 2017- date as an agronomist Duties ✓ Crop production ✓ Livestock production and husbandry ✓ Computer application package ✓ Swiping of E-voucher card( Besheb services) Strength ✓ Ability to work with people ✓ Ability to work for long hours ✓ Ability to work with minimum supervision
- agronomist at Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock at Chililabombwe Daco
2 years at this Job
Responsibilities: Studying the science of organic soil management and crop production. Learning to live sustainably. Managing and growing large harvest crops and running my own farmers market. Also trained in holistic medicine Dates employed October 2016- November 2018
- Agronomist at World-wide opportunity on organic farms (WWOOF)
- Artist/PT manager at Baylor University Greek Life, local churches, and area schools
- Bartender at Baylor University Greek Life, local churches, and area schools
- Leasing Agent at Baylor University Greek Life, local churches, and area schools
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school
Kept inventory/blended/transported: dry and liquid fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, anhydrous ammonia, etc. operated/maintained/serviced equipment, i.e. ( skid steers, forklifts, cat loaders, tractors, fleet vehicles, etc. )
- Agronomist at Frontier AG
- Electrician Apprentice at Heartland HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing LLC
- Ranch Hand at Waters Farms
- Electrician at B & B Electric
7 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Contracting, monitoring and harvest of 15,000 acres of sugar beets.
• Working closingly with 42 growing units to help them provide the best sugar beets to the factory for processing.
• Extensive crop monitoring including fertilizer recommendations, seed selection, irrigation methods, entomology and disease management, as well as farming practices like planting times, scouting and replanting.
• In-field research on new and up coming chemicals to solve problems in fields, some publications and multiple presentations. Research is directed at improving growers bottom line, at times adding up to $1,200 in revenue.
• Management of harvest crew of 75+ working 24hrs a day on 6 piling machines to pile the crop.
• Post harvest management of 500,000ton of sugar beets including ventilation.
- Agronomist at Sidney Sugars, American Crystal Sugar
- Chemist at SYNGENTA CROP PROTECTION, LLC
- Graduate Assistant at University of Maine
- Lab Technician at MSU Wheat Genetics Laboratory
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Plant Science and Food Chemistry
- Bachelor's - Horticulture
• Raising a high quality, profitable crop through efficient and timely collection of data through scouting, soil sampling, tissue collection, and working with Farm Manager and Group Manager
• Identifying stages of potato plant growth and their nutritional requirements, and potato insects, diseases, weeds and their control
• Making sound agronomic decisions whether in general production or field research with the assistance of Group Manager, Agronomy Manager and Farm Manager
• Ensuring proper seed cutting and quality by size monitoring and seed treatment application
• Managing day-to-day field research by executing research objectives, site selection, in-season data collecting, planting, harvesting and scheduling personnel/equipment with the Farm Manager
• Responsible in working with area Production Specialist that crop operations occur on a timely basis, with an emphasis placed on maximum yields and profit.
• Provide employee training and supervision as necessary under the supervision of the Farm Manager
• Implementation and documentation of GGAP certification
- Agronomist at Black Gold Farms, Florida
- Agronomy Intern at Black Gold Farms, Maryland
- Assistant Agronomist at Gold Dust Potato Processors
- Agronomy Intern at Black Gold Farms
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Crop Science - Crop Production
- Bachelors in Engineering in Biotechnology - Engineering
• Build and maintain customer relationships
• Oversaw agronomy operations for two locations (Blue Rapids, Waterville)
• Created farm plans including seed, VRT fertilizer, and herbicide for producers.
• Served as the Kansas lead on precision Ag software, and variable rate operations.
- Agronomist at Farmers Cooperative
- Barn Manager at Nelson Poultry Farms INC
- Agriculture Instructor at USD 311
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Science of Agriculture - Agricultural Education
- Associate's Degree in Applied Science - Agriculture
Certificate in information technology youth service organization Complete certificate course in British council (EL1) Participate supervisor trainee program Certificate in farm machinery trainee programme in (FMTC) I have training in crop life association I have driving license i can ride bike and any other vehicles
- agronomist at jagro strawberry pvt ltd
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- DIPLOMA - Agriculture engineering
- - Agriculture
I worked on a farm that raised 850 head of beef and farmed roughly 2,200 acres.
- Agronomist at Cedar View Farms
- Agronomist at
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Ag Business and Science Technologies