Smarte Carte, Inc. is the leading concessionaire of self-serve vended luggage carts, electronic lockers, commercial strollers and massage chairs, as well as other passenger and guest services. Achievements/Tasks Managed day to day operations of 24/7/365 of LAX Airport location and managed $9mm P&L Managed union labor force of 100+ employees and 20+ non-union managers, and applied continuous process improvement methodologies (Lean and Six Sigma) to improve productivity and exceeded revenue goals Reduced 2017 labor budget by 94k from 2016 while still exceeding planned revenue Decreased employee turnover rate from 33% to 12% Created and implemented new revenue stream that increased revenue 31% in 2017 over 2016
- Airport Manager at Smarte Carte- LAX Airport
- General Manager- Texas, Florida, New York at CLEAR
- Manager, Bay Area at CLEAR
- Operations Manager at Guitar Center
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Management and Administration
Hours per week: 40
Supervisor: Harry Barrett Jr. (425.430.7471)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
• Oversight of the Airport Maintenance division consisting of six employees. Managed daily workloads ensured staff had proper tools and equipment to successfully complete their course work. Coached and disciplined staff during their annual appraisals, working closely with Human Resources and the Labor Union to address grievances and safety concerns.
• Successfully worked with senior leadership to restructure and reorganize the airport structure, hiring additional staff to improve tenant inquiries and requests in a timely manner. CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Led interdependent functions to ensure that the airport operates efficiently, consistent with regulations and guidelines
• Supervised and worked closely with airport maintenance and operations section to ensure plans were followed.
• Responsible for reviewing and approving tenant construction plans, in accordance to all Federal, State, and City regulations. Worked closely with Air Traffic Control (ATC) to mitigate and minimize impact to tenant operations
• Drafted and reviewed Construction Safety Phasing Plans for airport projects, working with the FAA Airports division for approval
• Worked on FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Airport Grant assurances to ensure proper allocation of monies on AIP (Airport Improvement Plan) projects.
• Oversight of a $3.8M operating budget working closely with the Airport Manager and the Public Works Director, Finance Department to compile quarterly budget adjustments and reports. TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
• Responsible for rewriting guiding documents per the Federal Aviation Administration standards including the Airport Certification Manual (ACM), Airport Emergency Plan (AEP), and Snow and Ice Control Plan (SICP). In addition to this, I was actively involved in the revision and rewriting of the Airport Rules and Regulations.
• Trained all airport operations and maintenance staff on best practices on conducting Part 139 airfield inspections, including discrepancy reporting, issuing of Notice to Airmen (NOTAM). Successfully acquired, trained, and launched web based an FAA approved self inspection reporting system (ProDIGIQ)
• Emergency manager representative, ensured all staff were trained as First responders in accordance to FEMA practices COMPUTER SKILLS
• Prepared various documentation for approval by City Council including Agenda Bills, Tenant Lease Agreements, and press releases using various MS office products not limited to Word, Power Point, Publisher, and Excel
• Teamed with FAA (Federal Aviation Administration), WSDOT (Washington Department of Transportation), and other agencies to coordinate improvements to safety, programs, and infrastructure
• Created and introduced Airport Safety software (PRODIGIQ), which improved safety in conducting airfield inspection and improving discrepancy reporting.
• Administration oversight for the program, including training incumbent staff on use Security Manager oversight on LENEL (Safety and security program) including issuing, deactivating badge media, also running security badge reports.
• Rebooted ground vehicles operations program to improve safety via classroom instruction and policy changes
• Responded to emergencies occurring at the airport; participate and/or lead the evaluation and determination of action to be taken in response to airport emergencies.
• Worked closely with the RRFA (Renton Regional Fire Authority), ATC (Air Traffic Control) in revising the AEP (Airport Emergency Plan) and LOA (Letter of Agreement) on Airfield Response
• Developed and coordinate a comprehensive public relations outreach of the airport noise program. Presented to city neighborhoods on airport noise and airport master plan
• Responsible for investigating airport noise complaints, worked closely with flight schools and tenants on voluntary noise abatement procedures.
- ASSISTANT AIRPORT MANAGER at Renton Municipal Airport
- 40-Airport Duty Manager; Lead Airport Duty Manager at King County International Airport
- Assistant Manager of Operations (AMO); Operations Agent at Kansas City International Airport
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Aviation Safety
- Bachelor's Degree - Aviation Technology
o Manage airport operations, both air and landside o Airport Finance & Budget Management o Manage a multimillion-dollar annual budget o Project Management o Customer Service o Client Relations o Supervise, hire, & train staff. o Work with federal & local governments to ensure the success of the airport. o Wildlife management o Airport security management o Manage operations and marketing in a way that promotes business development and growth. o Maintain a good relationship with airlines and aviation businesses. o Perform all additional necessary duties to operate a Commercial Service Airport.
- Airport Manager at Show Low Regional Airport
- Adjunct Professor of Aviation at Utah Valley University
- Entrepreneur/Financial Planner at Self employed
- Science Teacher at Provo Canyon School
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration
- Bachelors of Science - Biology
- Associates of Science
Chief Operating Officer of the airport. Duties included, develop, manage, and administer operation and capital budgets and other financial matters. Responsible for chattel and real property, leases and other negotiated agreements, tenant agreements and contracts. Oversight and management of outside consultants. Administer, oversee, and manage capital FAA AIP improvement projects. Liaison with legal counsel. Responsible for facility management, airport security, federal, state, and local regulatory compliance and enforcement. Plan for and develop aviation and non-aviation business sites. Develop and implement strategies to generate increased revenues. Monitor insurance coverage. Enforce compliance of flying clubs with organizational, legal and operational requirements. Correspondence to include clerical services and public relations including the maintenance of compatible relations between the airport, its tenants and their operations, the airports surrounding community and adjacent communities. Maintain runways, taxiways, ramps, infields, roads, parking areas and maintenance of equipment and overall airport conditions. Responsible for snow removal operations. Supervise employees.
- Airport Manager at Everett Stewart Regional Airport
- Airport Manager at Beverly Regional Airport
- Chief Operating Officer of the Airport at Tamarack Rd
- Traffic Management Specialist at State of Tennessee Department of Transportation
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- BS - Airport Management
- Associate of Science - Liberal Arts and Science
- High School Diploma
• Ensures tasks are conducted in a safe and reliable manner in accordance with site policies/procedures in addition to maintaining compliance with Federal and State regulations
• Plans, coordinates, and supervises consultants, contractors, engineers, and city employees on current and future projects
• Supervises city workers and contractors performing tasks on the airfield to ensure accurate completion of assigned maintenance tasks within the expected time frame
• Develops, organizes, and administers the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the airport
• Coordinates with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Louisiana Department of Transportation: Aviation Division regarding $5.5 million in grants to fund various projects
• Serves as the city's Quality Assurance Officer, which oversees $600,000 in grants from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for Brownfields Projects
• Attends City Council meetings to provide requested information as well as department updates
• Negotiates and manages contracts pertaining to land and hangers leased to present/future businesses and private individuals
• Conducts daily runway/taxiway, lighting, and navigational aid inspections to ensure safe operation of equipment
• Reviews inspection reports of airport facility to determine long-term development needs in order to efficiently accommodate projected traffic volume
• Develops new business opportunities within the local market (such as organizing the first Flapjack Fly-In Event which resulted in an average of 75 aircrafts visiting on an annual basis)
• Issues a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) to alert pilots of potential hazards in and around the airfield
• Prepares and submits grant applications and applies qualifying reimbursements for active grants
- Airport Manager at George R. Carr Memorial Airport
- Intern at Monroe Regional Airport
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Aviation Management
Responsible for the administration, operation and maintenance of the airport. Obtained $1 million in State Grants.
- Airport Manager at Westfield Barnes Regional Airport
- Sr Aviation Consultant at Steve Baldwin Associates
- Consultant at Arup
- Airport Manager - Atlantic City International Airport at AvPORTS
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Contribute to scope of $11 billion O'Hare 21, which is complete re-design of existing terminals, additional terminals & concourses, new terminal tunneling systems to connect passengers, and new Chicago Express Loop, a high-speed
underground public transportation system connecting O'Hare to downtown Chicago.
• Supervise approximately 500 staff as direct reports and 1,000 staff as indirect reports.
• Cultivate relationships and key partnerships to understand issues and achieve identified strategic outcomes.
• Coordinate and manage airport's airfield and landside operations 24 hours a day to ensure airport operates safely, efficiently and in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and departmental operating/security procedures.
• Manage annual budget for vehicle and equipment service and parts ($10M fleet maintenance budget) and new airport vehicle procurement ($16 million budget) including: fire, police, busing, heavy construction, service vehicles, airfield snow removal equipment, and many operations vehicles. Spearhead startup and design of new bus routes, on and off airfield.
• Direct union trades budget of $50 million, uniform budget of $100,000, and custodial contract of $110 million.
• Created FAA recognized safety program for operations/ARFF/trades, driving on taxiways and runways.
• Oversee ~1,000 union subordinate personnel in required safety/OSHA training programs and ensure compliance with annual certification of FAA Regulation (Part 139).
• Serve as representative for airport involving criminal and other legal activities, and testify on behalf of City of Chicago during jury and bench trials (approximately 20 times to date). CHICAGO DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION, O'HARE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Airport Manager )
• Supervise and monitor work activities of department personnel working on airfield side including airport operations staff engaged in inspection of airfields (e.g., runways, taxiways, ramps, aeronautical lighting), ensuring minimal restrictions and disruptions to aircraft operations.
• Conduct inspections of landside areas, inspecting terminals to assess cleanliness, general appearance and internal climate control, checking escalators, people movers, and related equipment for proper operation, and ensuring security doors and systems operate properly.
• Respond to atypical and emergency airfield, terminal and landside situations, implementing required emergency and standard operating procedures, monitoring responders and actions taken. Maintain communications with appropriate airport personnel.
• Monitor and ensure that requests for maintenance and repair work in terminal and landside areas are performed in timely manner with minimal disruption to airport tenants, airline personnel and customers.
• Support procurement process, by providing information on technical, equipment and service needs of department for services such as snow removal, weather forecasting and other airfield support services.
• Review vendor proposals and contract bids.
• Attend weekly meetings with local and federal government, FAA, FBI, CBP, USDA, Secret Service, construction contractors, and airline department personnel to schedule, coordinate and monitor progress of airport activities and VIP movements.
• Maintain operating records and policies (e.g. Airport Emergency Plan, Certification Manual, Airfield Rules and Regulations) and prepare management reports on airport operations.
- Airport Manager at City of Chicago
- at CHICAGO DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION, O'HARE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Owner, Design and Construction at JOSEPH R. ALESIA DESIGN
- Facilities Manager at Terminals
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation Flight Management - Aviation Administration
Day to day operations of general aviation airport. Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual inspections for EPA/ODEQ Stormwater Runoff Control Permit and Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures Plan. Insure airport businesses and tenants are complying with the above requirements. Inspection of airport runway, taxiways, lighting, navigational aids, Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS), hangars and property. Security of airport grounds. Insure adherence to Sand Springs-Pogue Airport Minimum Standards, Site Development Standards and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations for operations on airports and in airport air traffic area. Research and preparation of yearly airport operating budget and multi-year Capital Improvement Programs (CIP) for the City of Sand Springs, Sand Springs Municipal Authority (SSMA), FAA and Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission (OAC). Research and prepare agendas and reports for City Council, SSMA and Airport Advisory Board meetings on airport budget, CIP’s, operations, revenues or any issue concerning the airport. Daily communications with airport business owners, aircraft owners, hangars tenants, potential aviation businesses and tenants. Supervise 2 airport employees. Perform ground maintenance such as mowing, edging, weed control and removal of trash. Perform building maintenance including cleaning of terminal floors, hangar repair, etc. Perform maintenance of airport lighting including change runway/taxiway light bulbs, fixtures and other related airport lighting. Read instruments, interpret Automated Weather Observation System information and communicate requests for airport advisories on aviation base radio/unicom to arriving and departing aircraft. Be on call 24 hours for response to emergency situations.
- Airport Manager/Supervisor at City of Sand Springs
32 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate Aviation Electronics
Manage the overall safe operation of the airport and all aeronautic concerns for the City of Vancouver. Administratively and physically assisted with capital improvement projects including; environmental, archaeological, wildlife mitigation (requires firearm use) and cultural plans (onsite archaeological/ cultural/environmental representative). Published new Airport Emergency Management Plan, which dovetailed into the overall City and County plans. Upgraded airport security with cameras and access cards. Drafted and negotiated hangar rent agreements to conclusion. Identified new methods and materials for airport infrastructure improvements and maintenance. Designed and managed buildout of new Pilots Lounge and training facility, including technological upgrades. Participated in meetings fostering mutually beneficial working relationships with the FAA, Port of Portland (PDX), National Park Service, Fort Vancouver National Trust, Pearson Field Education Center, (STEM program), and many other organizations.
- Interim Airport Manager at City of Vancouver
- Assistant Airport Manager at City of Vancouver-Pearson Airport
- Safety and Security Officer at LEGACY HEALTH
- Airport Administrative Intern at
8 months at this Job
- MBAA - Business Administration
- B.S. - Aviation Administration
- Basic law enforcement certificate - Law Enforcement
- High School Diploma
Direct daily airport operations for five County owned airports, including the enforcement of ground traffic rules
and regulations, airport safety, and the efficient and cooperative provision of services to the public.
• Assist in formulating and implementing long-range plans for the development and use of County airport facilities; make recommendations to senior management regarding the planning, promotion, development, and use of facilities.
• Provide direction to technical and professional staff responsible for conducting inspections of airport facilities; ensure compliance of standard operating procedures, applicable safety policies and procedures, CAL OSHA, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and pertinent codes, rules, and regulations.
• Confer and coordinate with federal, state, and local officials on general aviation and airport matters; represent the department at meetings, conferences, and hearings.
• Oversee the preparation of grant proposals to federal and state-funding agencies for capital improvement projects; provide financial and compliance reports; negotiate and prepare service and lease agreements, and other relevant documentation.
• Facilitate through subordinate staff, the promotion, and development of facilities on airport property; ensure sustainable revenue source and compliancy of funding agencies' requirements.
• Review proposed or adopted legislation to determine impact on airport operations and make recommendations as appropriate.
- County Airport Manager at County of Riverside - Economic Development Agency
- Right-of-Way Agent II at Clark County Department of Aviation - McCarran International Airport
- Branch Manager at Keller Williams Realty
- Corporate Real Estate Broker at Division Realty
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration