Primary support with a small team of AIX administrators for AIX 7.1. Support and maintenance of Data Warehouse DB2 installation running on PureApp server hosting approx. 50 VMs. > Vulnerability management and compliance scanning using Nessus. > Upgrading OS currently to latest 7.1 version.
- AIX System Administrator at FEPOC Carefirst
- SENIOR AIX ADMINISTRATOR - FBI at TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
- SENIOR OPERATIONS ENGINEER at WILLIAMS SCOTSMAN / ALGECO
- SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER - US ARMY APD at HALFAKER & ASSOCIATES
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BS (In-progress) - Information Systems Management
- AAS - Data Processing
Infrastructure Support, and having knowledge of Unix, Shell scripting, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle DB support, Python, AbInitio.
Technical Skill Set
➢ Basic Linux Administration
➢ Basic AIX Administration
➢ Oracle SQL Developer
➢ KSH Shell Scripting
➢ Worked as DBA
➢ Worked on ETL technology (Ab-Initio)
- IT IS/BFS projects as Linux and AIX System administrator at TCS
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.Tech. - Kalyani Government
• Monitored & Supported Qualstar tape libraries
• Monitored & Supported IBM tape libraries
• On call pager 24x7 pager rotation TSM related software
• TSM Server V5.x, V6, V7
• TSM Disaster Recovery (DR)
• TSM client V5.x thru 7.x Windows & UNIX
• Tivoli Data Protection (TDP) Database, Exchange
• TSM Storage Agent Windows
- TSM System Administrator /AIX System Administrator at Westinghouse Electric Corp
- TSM System Administrator /AIX System Administrator at CSC
- TSM System Administrator /AIX System Administrator at IBM
- Partner at IBM
1 year, 5 months at this Job
• Installed and configured AIX on p5, p6 and p7 550,570,630,640, 520,610,590,595, 750 for development, test, production and DR environment.
• Performing Migration and/or Preservation Installations and upgrades from AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1and AIX 7.1.
• IBM Power VM experience including setup and management of VIO partitions and performance tuning on IBM hardware specifically 9117-570, 9113-561, 9117-MMA.
• Setup and installation of VIO servers, VIO clients, setup of network and disks in virtual environment. Virtual server backup and restoration.
• Implements and managing resources in VIO server for client LPAR's.
• Supporting of the system monitor, trouble shoot, problem solving, support and fix operating system and hardware problems on several versions of AIX systems.
• Responsible for creating LPAR's from the HMC and allocating resources to each individual server and hence building the servers from scratch
• Configuration of VIO server and VIO clients from Hardware Management Console.
• Expertise in installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of High Availability Clusters HACMP.
• Responsible for migrating HACMP from v5.4 to 5.5 and to PowerHA
• Clustered multiple p-series machines on AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1 using HACMP 5.4 and IBM PowerHA.
• Responsible for installing configuring, migrating and maintenance of GPFS version 2.1 and 3.3
• Administering and troubleshooting of AIX HACMP Clusters.
• Migrated from HACMP 4.3 to 5.1 and from HACMP 5.1 to 5.2 and 5.4.
• Disk Management on AIX using LVM commands and external storage device.
• Designed, installed and configured HACMP cluster environment, with cascading and mutual takeover.
• Troubleshooting on High Availability Clusters (HACMP).
• Upgrading HMC version from 6.x to 7.3.4 and 7.3.4 to V7R4 SP 0(126.96.36.199) and applying efix.
• Daily tasks included dealing with AIX/Solaris side of SAN (EMC). Like troubleshooting Fiber card adapter, replacing Fiber card adapters. Configuring LUN's back
• Adding new managed systems to the HMC and upgrade the firmware of the HMC's as required.
• Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing System resources, Disk space resources, operations and security.
• Installing and Configuring and troubleshooting applications SAP, Oracle, DB2 and Websphere.
• Experience in PGP universal Encryption
• Performed PGP Whole Disk Encryption on OSX (PGP WDE OSX)
• Experienced in PGP operational support tasks such as system maintenance, backup configuration and performance tuning.
• Setup and managed a 134 node GPFS cluster in a mixed AIX/Linux environment with 13 clustered file systems totaling 300TB of shared SAN disk storage
• Setup and Configured IBM AIX HACMP and GPFS on PSeries servers. Installed and configured Oracle 10g and 11g RAC.
• Install and Configure Oracle 11.5.10 and R12 on AIX 5.1 using HACMP. GPFS. Setup 5 node RAC HACMP AIX 5.2 Cluster using GPFS
• Experience in FIPS 140-2 security
• working with LVM, Disk mirroring, unmirroring, Disaster Recovery
• Responsible for Profile backup of Managed Systems and Critical backup of HMC.
• Responsible for new installation and migration of servers through NIM, software installation and updating through NIM.
• Performed NIM installation of AIX servers using Virtual Ethernet within a managed system.
• Built AIX OS complete/migration/preservation installation for the IBM P series, 550,570, 590, 595, 690 with Operating System levels of 5.1, 5.2, 5.3,6.1 TL5 SP6.
• configured TSM environment, Create and Automate Backup Schedules and Cleanup processing, scheduling of backups, Add backup jobs to the TSM schedule, Associate TSM clients to the scheduled jobs
• 24x7 on call server support for UNIX environment including new hardware in Data Center.
- AIX/Linux Administrator at Magellan Health
- AIX/Linux Administrator at Entergy
- AIX Administrator at Cingular
3 years, 10 months at this Job
Upgraded AIX servers to latest TL and SP versions
• Build AIX LPARS on p6 and p7 machines
• Patched AIX LPARS to latest TL, SP levels
• OS troubleshooting to detect and fix performance problems
• Worked on p5, p6 and p7 hardware
• Restore LPARS using mksysb from Tape Drives and NIM
• Worked with IBM Support team to get custom fixes made for bugs in AIX
• Created fs, vg, raw lvs for app and db teams
• Worked with IBM CE's to replace failed devices such as disk drives and nic cards
• Provided 24/7 oncall assistance for prod servers
• Performed alt disk cloning on p6 and p7 machines for restoration
- Sr. Aix administrator at Hudson Bay
- Sr.Architecet AIX at WIPRO
- Sr.IT Specialist at IBM
- AIX Administrator at IBM
6 months at this Job
• Provided daily support for the AIX servers, troubleshooted OS issues, applied OS fixes, APARS and patches and performed Sanstack upgrade.
• Provided support to the DB admins, adding storage, creating raw volumes and extending existing LVs.
• Managed the servers' migration project from AIX to Linux and provided continuous support to application team to ensure a successful migration.
• Managed and coordinated all the SA changes for the SSO servers in addition to different other projects for the team.
• Provided management, support and maintenance of over 3000 unix servers.
• Monitored and diagnosed performance, application processes and related network issues using top, ps and netstat.
• Managed and installed quarterly Linux OS upgrades, kernel and additional packages using RPM and YUM.
• Installed and supported application services and middleware support using TPM and Chef.
• Diagnosed user related issues and provided solutions to them, managed backup and restore using backup commands such as tar and netbackup tool.
• Build over 100 webbank new linux servers, installed all the required software in accordance with Citi established policies and procedures.
• Decommission old linux, solaris and AIX servers following the Citi standards.
• Set up FID ssh connection between servers to allow password-less login.
• Configuring crontabs and scheduling jobs for different SA tasks.
• Managed and handled incidents and problem tickets for the webbank clients.
• Member of L3 webbank team SA. Participated on weekly and weekend oncall rotation. Environment: IBM pSeries running AIX 6L, HMC, LPAR, LVM, Linux (Redhat 5/6/7), Solaris 8/10, TPM, Aperture/DCIM, SAN, NAS, Netbackup, ServiceNow, DB2, Oracle 10G, VMware, Chef.
- Unix System Administrator - Aix/Linux at Citi Group
- AIX System Administrator at IBM
- AIX System Administrator at ADVANCE AUTO PARTS
- AIX System Administrator at KAISER PERMANENTE
3 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor in Economic Sciences - Business Administration and Management
Perform post cloud build modification to OS. Including install, patching, PowerHA and filesystem configuration, security scan and remediation. Scripted processes where needed.
- AIX Cloud System Administrator at IBM Inc. / Artech GWS
- GTS Service Delivery UNIX System Administrator at IBM Inc. / Artech GWS
- Server Support Team UNIX System Administrator Contractor at IBM Inc. / Infinite Computer Solutions
- Global Technology Services UNIX System Administrator Contractor at IBM Inc. / CDI Corp
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Install, maintain UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and AIX) servers
• Creating software, hardware RAIDs, mirroring root and data volumes on different UNIX platforms
• Replacing failed hardware and restoring data from backup tapes
• Closely work with EMC and JetStor storage admins to fix storage problems, get report for SAN storage usage, installing/updating firmware aand software for storage
• Helping NetBackup and Legato backup/restore operators
• Carrying pager 24x7 for various data center monitoring
• Administering direct attached JetStor, MPAC storage devices
• Patching, upgrading different OS's
• Managing SUN 10K server
• Install SUN/ORACLE zones
• Create file systems using ZFS
• Installing SNMP, Tivoli for monitoring
• Install/configure HP Blades
• Creating volumes, file systems for HP Storage
• Administer/maintenance NIS servers / maps
• Administer/maintenance SAMBA servers
• Troubleshoot, reset, fix various iLO, ALOM, SC and RSC remote control tools
• Configure SAMBA servers using LDAP
• Working independently on several projects
• Working as a team member on several projects
- UNIX system administrator at CSC
- Unemployed at Unemployed
- AIX system administrator at Kana Software Inc
- UNIX SYSTEM ADMIN at IBM CORP
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Computer science
Provide large Symantec Strategic Accounts in North America with Expert Knowledge of the Storage Foundation product family.
• Provided remote and on-site technical support of our Storage Foundation product family to customers for high severity issues.
• Led in-depth technical software demonstrations to facilitate the sales process.
• Drove or assisted in technical customer escalations and case resolution.
• Worked alongside Services Account Managers and Sales Teams to ensure customer technical satisfaction with the Storage Foundation product family. . Troubleshoot through VERITAS VCS Cluster and VEA GUI.
• Responded rapidly to unplanned events, including after hours for Severity 1 issues.
• Coordinated and expedited support cases with Backline, Engineering, Product Management, and others within Symantec on behalf of the customer.
• Also, I performed Root Caused Analysis (RCA) for the customer if needed or requested by the customer. I would create the same environment using VMware vSphere to install all the software and tools used by the customer.
• Communicated professionally and effectively at all organizational levels externally with the customer and internally within Symantec.
• Installed patches, packages, and software for Solaris & Linux servers.
• Monitored Net Backup for success/fail backups and AdHoc requests. Also provided installation and troubleshooting on UNIX, Solaris 8, 9, Linux and Windows servers.
• Partnered with Enterprise customers to maximize their investments with Storage Foundation and increase product consumption and satisfaction.
• Provided technical assistance with on-site and remote product upgrade.
• Build Virtual Solaris and Linux Servers with VMware vSphere.
• Also, I worked with the Security team at VERITAS on patching Info Scale Suite for Linux/Solaris vulnerabilities. My team was remote, so we would use VMware to create a virtual environment also for loading the needed software, tools, and operating system.
• I also had the pleasure of creating some virtual environment using Amazon AWS for some my customers.
- Sr. Unix System Administrator at VERITAS/Symantec
- UNIX/Linux System Administrator at HP
- Senior, UNIX/Linux System Administrator at SOUTHERN COMPANY SERVICES
- Senior, UNIX System Administrator - Infrastructure Operation Center (IOC) at SOUTHERN COMPANY SERVICE
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Management - Management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems - Computer Information Systems
• Administrated and maintained of Power Systems 9119-MME, P770-MMB, MMC, MMD, P595 and P570 systems
• Architected Los Angeles County Data Center Move project
• Architected, installed, configured and maintained IBM/AIX servers in test, development, and production environments
• Maintained HP-UX PA-RISC and Itanium servers with HP-UX versions 11.11, 11.21 and 11.31 on HP-UX blade servers
• Architected templates, snapshots for RedHat servers on VMWare environment. Install VSphere Server appliance and manage datacenters and resource pools which supports VMotion and SVMotion
• Managed AWS account, and building EC2 instances, manage S3 buckets, Group and IAM Policies, CloudFormation and Templates by building Stacks and Layers. Build Auto Scaling policies to accommodate variable loads
• Build Read replicas for RDS instances in Multi AZ, and promote them to be primary. Troubleshoot performance issues using iperf3, Cloud Watch. Configure VPC, subnets, Route tables and manage connection between private and public data centres
• Managed OpenShift v3 environment and assisted in portal migrations. Build OCP environment with NFS and Gluster v3.11 environment. Was part of OpenStack POC and aware of its functionalities
• Configured, managed and upgraded RedHat Satellite server to synchronize repos, and publish channels for repository to servers. Synchronized repositories were used for patching during maintenance windows
• Supported the application development within a virtualized (VIOS) environment
• Coordinated the installed and upgrades of hardware and software
• Implemented and administered PowerVM virtualization technologies (Virtual I/O) on IBM pSeries servers, p570, p595, p770 MMB, MMC, MMD and 9119-MME. EMC storage worked was VPLEX, VMAX, DMX-4, and DMX-3
• Managed IBM v9000, create LUNS and assist storage team in zoning them to VIOS servers
• Configured and managed Hardware Management Consoles (HMC) v7 and v8
• Configured UNIX high availability and disaster recovery on AIX cluster environments (HACMP and PowerHA or HA mirror), and testing DR solutions
• Configured iSCSI and NFS servers on Linux servers
• Configured SAMBA shares and manage permissions across departments
• Configured UNIX security on hardening UNIX operating systems
• Experience with Windows Active Directory
• Created and maintained UNIX kernels and/or Perl scripts used for the automation of system monitoring and maintenance procedures
• Configured EMC storage on AIX systems using Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
• Installed AIX 6.1 and 7.1 on VIO clients and Standard LPAR's. Upgrade AIX from 5.3 to 6.1 and 7.1
• Installed VIO servers and configure SEA with heart beat monitoring supporting 802.3ad ether-channeling, NPIV, 802.1q VLAN tagging, Virtual SCSI and Virtual FSCSI. Upgrade VIOS from 1.5 to 2.1 and 2.2
• Configured TSM on IBM's TS3584 and Virtual Tape Library on Data Domain. Installed storage agents and clients and use Control-M to schedule jobs
• Involved in creating floor plan for data center, which involves cable management, firmware upgrades on IBM servers
• Administered and replaced hardware's online on AIX and VIOS while server is up and running.
• Implemented NPIV on AIX-Client LPARs, including server migrations from VSCSI to NPIV
• Mapped storage LUN's from VIO servers to VIO Clients and to implement efficient Virtualized environment
• Automate tasks with scripts in KSH, BASH, PERL, Python and C. Achievement in automating AIX building process through NIM, profile creation using KSH
• Configured Disaster Recovery data center and plan DR tests annually
• Implemented MPIO native multi-pathing software, SAN boot AIX servers with necessary hardware configuration on VIO servers and clients
• Upgraded HMC versions from V7.3 to V7.7, v8 and consolidate them with quadrant plan in the data center
• Provided DR related solutions for Virtual environment which is the future path for ISD's UNIX IT
- Sr. UNIX/Linux System Administrator at Trinus Corporation
- AIX System Administrator at Industek Group International
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information System Management - Information System Management
- Master of Science - Computer Engineering