• Working as AIX Administrator in IT infrastructure environment providing server administration, application administration and automation solutions to support business objectives.
• Responsible for all aspects of AIX System Administration and support for all PSeries servers such P520, P550, P590, P690, P770.
• Working on Operating system level of 6.1/7.1.
• Perform troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning, and troubleshooting of issues with minimal down time.
• Day to day administration of the Development, Production and Test environment systems
• Perform patch Installations from NIM server and BladeLogic.
• Migrate Power5 server Logical partitions to Power7 servers.
• Performed EMC Powerpath upgrades on all AIX Systems
• Upgraded MPIO ODM to accommodate Clarion to VPLEX Migration on all AIX Systems
• Worked on Clarion to VPLEX Migration on all AIX Systems
• Creating user profiles including groups and user accounts. Changing the permission specifications as per requirements depending on User Administration duties.
• Perform AIX user Administration, File attributes Permissions, And Password less connectivity setup between servers using Public/Private Keys
• Creating and administrating file systems JFS, JFS2, NFS, CIFS, GPFS.
• Monitoring system performance on slow servers and check the errpt and status of the system using utilities such as TOPAS, SAR, NMON, VMSTAT and IOSTAT.
• Responsible for performing and completing Incidents and change request for AIX Systems.
• Managing cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
• Coordinate with SAP, DBA, users, developers and vendors.
- AIX System Administrator at Blue Cross Blue Shield
- UNIX/AIX System Administrator at MetLife
- AIX System Administrator at Kaiser
- AIX/System Administrator at Freddie Mac
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Commerce in Computer Science - Computer Science
Global Infrastructure Services for Textron Aviation)
• Part of the Operations team administering 100+ AIX Servers.
• Perform installation and patching for P6 & P7 Power LPAR's.
- AIX System Administrator, Lead at Computer Sciences Corporation, CSC
- AIX System Administrator, Lead at Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- AIX System Administrator at Sears Holdings Corp
- UNIX Computer Scientist at Budget Rent-A-Car
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Design Engineering
• Responsible for creating systems for prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to the Bank to comply with COOP (Continuity of Operation Planning) requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining a good business continuity position 24/7 against any event that could negatively impact operations of the Bank.
• Tested BCC infrastructure every other week in preparation of any loss of or damage to critical machinery or computing network resource.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining BCP (Business Continuity Plan) contingencies plans to minimize potential harm to businesses during adverse scenarios.
• Served as UNIX/AIX System Administrator for the World Bank Operations, responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple UNIX based Operating Systems.
• Performed duties that included setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacted with users and evaluated vendor products.
• Recommended the purchase of hardware and software, coordinated installation and provided backup recovery.
• Analyzed system faults, troubleshoot and perform diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems.
• Evaluated and installed developed software during various phases of testing.
• Responsible for preventive maintenance on UNIX operating systems as well as repair to system/environmental problems.
• Interfaced with vendors for trouble calls and provides escalation support for service desk personnel and called upon to support service desk activities during surges and other contingency situations.
• Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing technical documentation, and installing software, researching and recommending methods and techniques to improve operations, conducting preventive maintenance, and managing/administering multiple technical tasks with varying schedules.
• Worked with EMC Storage, TIVOLI backup, Network and DATABASE teams on the daily basis to troubleshoot all issues reported.
- Business Continuity Engineer - AIX System Administrator III at World Bank
- AIX System Administrator at NV and Ryan Homes Incorporated
- AIX / UNIX Senior System Administrator at Creative Computer Applications Incorporated
12 years at this Job
- Associate in Arts degree
- Bachelor in Arts Degree / Spanish Teaching Credential - Spanish Teaching
Environment: AIX, Solaris, Linux Consultant: Signature Technologies Sdn. Bhd.
- Senior UNIX (AIX & Solaris) system Administrator at OCBC BANK
- Senior UNIX/AIX system Administrator at CITI BANK, Kualalumpur, Malaysia
- Senior UNIX system Administrator at Infosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- UNIX System Administrator at Huawei technologies Pvt. Ltd
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- BE - Electrical & Electronics Engg
• Management of UNIX user accounts, group's directories and file permissions.
• On call support on rotation basis.
• Performed Alt_disk Migrations from 6.3 to 7.1
• Involved in daily support of AIX Servers.
• Experience / working knowledge of configuration and operation.
• Experience with running snap clone on the storage disk.
• Responsible for performance tuning of Linux.
• Linux/UNIX system installation and administration of SMB, virtual machines, LVMs, VPNs, and related services.
• Work with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow.
• Centrify user changes and permission
• Process administration (monitoring processes and system load using VMSTAT, SVMON, UPTIME utilities, monitoring logs, scheduling processes using CRON utility).
• Installed several application software handled trouble shooting system.
• Worked on upgrading Maintenance level on AIX. EXPERIENCE:
- UNIX AIX & Linux Administrator/Engineer at DuPont
- UNIX AIX & Linux Administrator/Engineer at IBM
- UNIX AIX & Linux Administrator/Engineer at Flagstar Bank
- UNIX AIX & Linux Administrator/Engineer at IBM
3 years, 3 months at this Job
• Installation and maintenance of AIX and Linux Systems.
• Maintained AIX 5.3, 6.1 & 7.1 server by Patching & Upgrading to latest TL level and SP level.
• Patching and Maintenance of RHEL6 and RHEL7.
• Provided 24x7 On-Call rotation on shift basis.
• Experienced with the Red Hat instances in the VMware environment.
• Involved in Migration of 6.1 to 7.1.
• Installed latest patches and upgraded Firmware's on P Series Servers.
• Administration of AIX Operation systems.
• Experience in Lpar planning and virtualization.
• Extensively used LVM, created VGs, LVs and disk mirroring.
• Created users, manage user permissions, maintain user and file system quota.
• Defined and setup network printers, and install client/server applications. Define/setup network protocols, Network File Servers (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS).
• AIX systems administration and Disk Management using SMIT.
• Software installation and maintenance.
• Installation and administration of peripherals. Security, users and groups administration.
• Networking service, performance, and resource monitoring using performance monitoring tools.
• Daily backup and restore operations. Set-up and administration of DNS server.
• Review Design Documentation confirming to Software Requirement. Other standard system administration tasks performed, such as system monitoring, performance usage, network and user support. . Handled the System Administration, Configuration as Host Server using TCP/IP.
• Created Partitions as per customer requirement, built, debugged and tuned the UNIX Kernel.
• Planned, Installed, configured, administered and troubleshoot IBM's p series AIX servers.
• Setup print queues and definition printing and plotting devices.
• Supported and helped to DBAs and Apps Admins to install/configure their applications, which includes DB2, Oracle, MQ series, LCA and Solumina etc.
• Firewall configuration for packet filtering firewall.
• Experienced in testing Commercial Websites, Client/Server applications and Web Portals.
• Well experienced in Monitoring, altering file system usage, and system process failures.
- AIX /Linux System Administrator at IBM
- AIX/Linux System Admin at IBM
- AIX Administrator at IBM
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences - Computer Sciences
Administration of 124 AIX PowerVM lpars on 41 pSeries Power7, 8 and 9 frames, including 6 PowerHA 7.2.1 clusters supporting the healthcare system's Epic database as well as all the required test servers, shadows, and ancillary systems for support in an always on environment. 72 RHEL images on VMware, 6 CentOS and OEL Intel Servers. Maintenance and administration of 3 i-Series systems. Responsible for patching policy, security policy, change management, documentation and work assignments to Junior Administrators. Assisted architecting server refresh to Power 9 acting as Technical liaison between Sanford's Enterprise Manager and IBM Business Partner. Acting backup to Storage Administration team with access to a wide array of storage managed by SVC nodes. I've been on-call since my start date, acted as lone administrator for an extended period and have managed the team through periods where we have had no manager bringing stability and trust.
Administration of 124 AIX PowerVM lpars on 41 pSeries Power7, 8 and 9 frames, including 6 PowerHA 7.2.1 clusters supporting the healthcare system's Epic database as well as all the required test servers, shadows, and ancillary systems for support in an always on environment.
72 RHEL images on VMware, 6 CentOS and OEL Intel Servers. Maintenance and administration of 3 i-Series systems.
Responsible for patching policy, security policy, change management, documentation and work assignments to Junior Administrators.
Assisted architecting server refresh to Power 9 acting as Technical liaison between Sanford's Enterprise Manager and IBM Business Partner.
Acting backup to Storage Administration team with access to a wide array of storage managed by SVC nodes.
I've been on-call since my start date, acted as lone administrator for an extended period and have managed the team through periods where we have had no manager bringing stability and trust.
- Senior AIX Administrator at Sanford Healthcare, Inc
- AIX Systems Engineer at Fiserv Corporation
- Sales Executive at Personal Computers and Components
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- IBM Certified System Administrator
• Worked as TSM, UNIX/AIX Power HA/DASD Support specialist for supporting IBM clients who open the PMR for the issues.
• Dealing with severity 1, 2, 3, 4 and system down PMRs.
• Helping customer resolve their issues be it a production down or bringing the applications online until the issues with the cluster is resolved.
• Giving on call support to the customers distributed throughout US (US Wide), European calls and Canadian calls and also dealing customers from
• Installation of Redhat, Veritas Cluster Server and Veritas Volume Manager.
• worked on RHEL 4/5/6, HPUX and Aix operating systems
• Installation and configuration of Linux servers, using Flasharchive/Jumpstart/Kickstart and automating server deployment process
• Supported Linux x86_64 VM's running on VMWare ESX environment and AIX on Power hardware.
• Coordinating and performing the Update software packages and apply security patches.
• Good experience in automation using tools like puppet and also experienced in writing scripts to update in crontab. Hundreds of servers using puppet. Created Puppet manifests maintained customer application data.
• Experience in Design, implementation and administration of Tivoli Storage Manage (TSM)solutions Worked with WebSphere team in order to configure WAS instances for BMC patrol.
• Experience in Implementing Tivoli storage Manager for backup and recovery strategy. Ability to install/configure/troubleshoot OEM SAN products.
• Excellent skills with Tivoli storage Management, installing TSM on various platforms, AIX/Solaris/window/Linux Client Backups, restore, and failed backup problem determination.
• Experienced in EMC Powerpath and SRDF, Hitachi HDLM, and HP Secure Path
• Hitachi, EMC SAN installation and tuning of NetBackup server environment.
• Organized migration from non-TSM 6.x to Tivoli Storage Manager 7.x
• Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, optimization, security, backup recovery and upgrades of IBM AIX.
• Performed TSM Client, TDP SQL, TDP Domino, TDP Oracle, TSM4VE backups and restores Maintained backup scheduling, load balancing & maintenance activities for TSM Servers, Daily Health checks of TSM servers
• Installing TSM on Windows, AIX and Linux and backing up multiple environments.
• Install the TSM clients on Windows, AIX, Linux and Solaris systems and Backup the servers.
• Responsible for Disaster Recovery planning and practice for AIX Servers environment with POWER5 hardware backing up AIX servers, VIO servers and servers installed with HACMP and AIX instances with SAP, Oracle and WebSphere installations.
• Tested TSM server and tape library ensuring reliable daily backups of all servers as well as doing capacity planning.
• Provide 24x7 on call PMR server support for TSM, UNIX/AIX and HACMP/OEM connectivity.
• Weekly monitoring of TSM databases, recovery log and Storage Pools - Extend if necessary.
• Monitor on-off site tape rotations and inventory, and monitor procedures for compliance with Disaster Recovery program.
• Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and maintenance for the enterprise TSM environment.
• Provide PMR Support technical/solution contributions to current operations and to the vision for the future for the IBM clients.
• Working with customers going through various hacmp logs like hacmp.out, clverify.log, clstrmgr.debug.log. Checking the RSCT logs as part of the Root cause analysis for the failure.
• Expertise in troubleshooting various version of PowerHA (hacmp formerly) like 5.x,6, x to the most recent one 7.x
• Helping customer troubleshooting DASD storage devices and going through snap and helping customer figuring out the issues with storage as well as with the hacmp cluster.
• Attending collaboration calls with Aix host administrators and their SAN administrators to address the issues and also if needed working in collaboration with OEM (SAN) storage vendors like EMC, HITACHI, Netapp etc.
• Helping customer building clusters and troubleshooting the issues if any. Locating the defects in the HACMP and escalating to the level 3 development support team. Collaborate meetings with the AIX/HACMP developers for knowledge sharing and views sharing.
• Extensively supporting PowerHA System Mirror (formerly HACMP) software running on AIX operating system.
• Experienced in supporting the AIX multipath I/O driver, MPIO, connecting to the above OEM storage.
• Experience in configuring/troubleshooting all aspects of the PowerHA System Mirror software.
• Knowledge of PowerHA System Mirror Enterprise Edition (formerly HACMP-XD) using either PPRC, Metro-Mirror, SRDF, or GLVM a plus.
• Knowledge in EMC PowerPath and SRDF, Hitachi HDLM, and HP Secure Path.
• Experienced and possess strong communication and verbal soft skills which facilitates a positive interaction with the customer. Communications skills incorporate the Confidence & Professionalism
• Dealing with Customer Conflict and Confrontation
• Executing Dynamic Interpersonal Communications with customers, IBM management and co-workers.
• Ability to communicate technical information to customers in a way that is easily understood.
• In this project I gained expertise in HACMP and SAN/DASD, which can provide hardware/software problem, solving skills, and instilled in me the capability in discussing technical situations and scenarios with the end-user, customers, and IBM management.
- Unix/Aix/TSM Support Specialist at IBM
- UNIX Administrator at Neiman Marcus
- AIX/Unix Administrator at Proctor and Gamble
- AIX/Unix Administrator at Daichii Sankyo Parsipanny, NJ
2 years, 1 month at this Job
• Performed Operational support for over 200 AIX lpars
• Installed, configured and maintained several AIX and RHEL servers
• Installed and configured 50+ lpars (aix 6.1) on P770 using NIM
• Performed lpar migrations using different techniques including live partition mobility (LPM)
• Performed AIX migrations from 5.3 to 6.1 and 7.1
• Performed TL and SP upgrades on AIX 6.1, 7.1 using alt_disk_install and multibos
• Built and configured new VIO servers with VIOS 2.2 on P770 using NIM
• Upgraded vio servers from 1.5 to 2.1 and 2.2
• Setup weekly OS backups using mksysb
• Provided support for SAN migrations from IBM to EMC and DMX to VMAX
• Configured fiber channel connections and Zones on EMC switched Fabrics
• Installed the RHEL on Blades over the network.
• Installed Windows servers running Active Directories & Exchange
• Supported servers on VMware infrastructure
• Worked on the Web Services apache and J2EE servers
• Built virtualized Linux servers on ESX and Blade servers to host multiple applications on same chassis across different server hosts
• Set up Linux servers for iSCSI LUN boot instead of using local hard disks
• Performed BMC Patrol Agent installations and upgrades to multiple servers including aix, solaris, linux and windows
• Performed BMC Patrol remote agent upgrades
• Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
• Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP
• Preparing servers for Oracle RAC installation which includes tuning the kernel, agent installation, adding NAS storage.
• Used Nagios and database plug-ins to automate monitoring and setup alerts to notify Webops team
• Experienced in Troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets
• Planned, installed, configured, tested and documented 2 node Power HA clusters using powerha 6.1
• Supported large db backup solutions using IBM flash and EMC Timefinder Cloning
• Installed and configured Commvault client 9.0 on several AIX and RHEL servers
• Provided break/fix incident support including hardware replacements
• Performed tuning on aix for oracle, db2, sap, RMS
• Responsible for setting up disaster recovery environment for AIX/RHEL servers and implemented all the DR procedures as per the guidelines
• Created and maintained scripts for support of application and AIX/Linux automation
• Installed, configured and maintained several RHEL servers (6.x)
• Performed routine security patching of AIX and RHEL servers for known vulnerabilities
• Provided support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and pager support.
- AIX/Linux Administrator at Wal-Mart
- Linux/AIX System Administrator at Lowes
- Unix Administrator at Wal-Mart
5 years at this Job
Troubleshoot Power Path san issues with AIX and multipathing software. Preforming Host-Based Migration on AIX Servers in the environment of VSCSI and NPIV setup. Migration of boot LUNS for AIX Servers. Performed LPAR mobility test for Severs. Working on Power Path Migration Enabler for Migration. Working on SAP applications and building the servers. Installing EMC ODM file sets on AIX Servers. Installed and Cleaned up AIX ODM definitions. Runs EMC grab reports to collect the host logs and upload it in ftp site. Responsible for Host based migration and Storage virtualization. Mainly worked on PPME for Migration of Aix Servers.
- Solution Architect - PPME/AIX/IBM at Bunge North America
- Aix/UNIX System Administrator at PNC Financial Service Groups
- AIX System Administrator at New York State (NYSO-OPWDD)
- AIX/Linux System Administrator at Fidelity Information Services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology