• Write suspicious activity report narrative and submit to Financial Crime Enforcement Network
• Performed Know Your Customer (KYC) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) activities as required
• Properly documented ownership through KYC, CIP CDD and EDD procedures through understanding of the laws applicable to money laundering
• Analyze mid to complex cases daily and escalate cases, if necessary AML Investigator I
• Reviewed system generated alerts and perform enhanced due diligence on customers
• Determined suspicious activities and conducted research on such accounts
• Completed analysis of transactional information to identify risks, trends, and potential suspicious activity
• Write suspicious activity reports, file CTR's, address sanction alerts, and other applicable AML processes in accordance with regulations and time limitations
- Sr. AML Investigator II at Capital One
- Fraud Investigator at American First Finance
- Mark One Financial Collections Agent at
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing - Marketing
Responsible for providing a transaction monitoring investigative analysis on alerts and/or investigations. Assist in testing system thresholds and propose procedural enhancements and analytic tools for use by the Investigations team. Key Responsibilities include investigating flagged AML system generated alerts, investigations of US Dollar Clearing alerts and identifying suspicious money laundering activity in correspondent banking transactions. Investigators manage complex cases involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts, tiered and multi-faceted transactions; international wires involving Bank designated high-risk jurisdictions, and complex structuring schemes. The investigator makes recommendations for further action to the Line of Business based on the investigation. Preparing, and writing SARs as necessary.
- AML Investigator at Deutsche bank
- Burglary Unit Detective at
- Assistant Vice President-North Florida Region at SunTrust Bank Inc
- Assistant Vice President of Fraud Investigations and Recovery Specialist at Atlantic Coast Bank
10 months at this Job
- Training Certificate
Over 20 years of banking experience including Credit Risk, Underwriting Residential and Commercial loans, Auditing, AML/KYC, and Customer Service Skills. I'm an energetic team player and a fast learner. I enjoy a fast pace diverse work atmosphere. S3/Capital One AML Investigator 3/2018-present Review subpoena (Criminal, Grand Jury) received from Law Enforcement and report findings on requested account activity. Conduct research on individuals, organizations, entities to identify and mitigate associated sanctions, credit risk, financial crime, and reputational risks and document findings. Screen customers and transactions against various regulatory reporting lists: OFAC, PEP, BSA Hot List, and other regionally based sanctions watch lists. Ensure compliance with guidelines set forth in federal/state anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act and various sanctions.
- AML Investigator at S3/Capital One
- DE Underwriter at Freedom Mortgage
- Sr. Underwriter at Citi
- Commercial Underwriter at Chase
10 months at this Job
- - Accounting and Business Administration
- - Business
AML Investigator II 11/2017 to-date - Assisted in the creation, development and review of systems testing for Compliance and Fraud Risk Processes. - Liaised with Management and documented requirements regarding procedural risks/issues and methodology used. - Investigated suspicious activity based on a variety of AML Systems generated transactional alerts from transactional activity (which may include wire transfers, checks, security transactions, trade finance letters of credit, loans and cash letters). - Determined if alerts/cases could be closed or warranted further investigation and elevation to an active investigation with Law Enforcement. - As necessary, used available research tools (public internet sources as well as third party sites) to identify information concerning transactions/trends/risks identified for further investigation using internal systems and with Law Enforcement. - Researched past alerts and cases to verify continued fraudulent activity on previous investigations and conclusions. - Liaised with other LOBs to determine facts and circumstances warranted account closure or if required further reporting. - Documented investigations in case management system, drafted and filed Suspicious Activity Reports ("SARs") as warranted for further delivery to Law Enforcement. - Escalated unusual activity/lack of responsiveness to Leadership (Financial Investigations Unit). - Presented latest fraud trends/AML news at internal bi-monthly FIU briefings, Team discussions, Committees, Projects and Proposals. - Worked independently. Selected Accomplishments: - Developed strong experience and knowledge of KYC/BSA/AML and Sanctions issues - Maintained integrity of system frameworks and data - Developed strong experience with Data Analysis/Reconciliation and Reporting - Bi-weekly Live presentations to FIU on current/latest global/local Fraud Trend News
- AML Investigator II at Compliance and Fraud Risk Processes
- at CAPITAL ONE AML INVESTIGATIONS - FIU
- Senior Co-coordinator at CAPITAL ONE INVESTING, LLC
- Senior Fraud Detection Associate at CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL SERVICES
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- CFE Certification
- PostGraduate Diploma - Operations Management
- CFE Certification
- PostGraduate Diploma - Management Studies
- BTEC HNC - Business & Finance I & II
- Diploma in Preparing Final Accounts - Islington Office Training
- City & Guilds Certificate in Art and Design - Art
Over 12 years’ in the Banking industry. CAMS Certificated from 12/2010 to presence. Experience includes, but not limited to: BSA/AML Government reporting requirements, associated to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), including Suspicious Activity investigations, prepare and file Reports (SAR) Suspicious Activity Reporting, and Currency Transaction Reporting (CTRs) branch audit and filing documentation and completion.
- AML Investigator at MUFG Union Bank
- BSA/AML Coordinator at Fremont Bank
6 years, 5 months at this Job
• Responsible for performing independent reviews and analysis of possible suspicious activity to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
• Provides research and evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) alerts and cases and accurately and sufficiently documents analysis and findings in the MUFG Union Bank case management system.
• Complete defined tasks to support the creation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other relevant documentation related to non-SAR filing decisions.
• Direct responsibility for quality and integrity of research and analysis completed and documented in SAR forms or within various database.
• Researches and evaluates AML risks for alerts and cases involving transactions sourced to the automated AML detection and alerting system. Ensures alert and case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented.
• Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners to obtain and validate client information.
- AML INVESTIGATOR at MUFG UNION BANK
- AVP; RESOLUTION SPECIALIST at REGULATORY COMPLAINTS
- SR. OPERATIONS ANALYST at BUSINESS CARD CLAIMS
- SR. OPERATIONS ANALYST at CONSUMER CARD CLAIMS
1 year at this Job
- Some college
Investigator conducting financial forensic investigations of money laundering activity involving complex patterns of transactions. Performing an independent assessment of the risk represented by customers and the activity in which they are engaged. Always determining the best investigative approach for each unique case. Exercising critical thinking and decision-making skills to efficiently and effectively determine whether or not further investigative and analytical activity is required. Exercising autonomous decision-making with regard to the status of suspect activity and the survival of a customer relationship with the financial institution(s). Constantly exercising independent discretion regarding problem resolution for the bank and its customers. Demonstrating daily, the ability to identify and escalate suspect activity that represents a significant risk to CFG, Inc. in terms of regulatory compliance, violation of law, or reputation. Organizing and prioritizing work tasks to ensure that a large volume of work is completed in a risk-based and efficient manner. Training and mentoring junior investigators to take on these same responsibilities.
- AML Investigator at Citizens Financial Group, Inc
- Compliance Specialist, Financial Conflicts of Interest at Boston University and Boston Medical Center
- Case Manager, Labor Division at American Arbitration Association
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
- Master's - Criminal Justice Administration
Provider of commercial banking products and services. It is one of the leading banks in Taiwan.
• Submit requests for Information (RFI) to the bank clients to obtain additional transaction information about a customer or a customer's customer.
• Responsible for conducting investigations via Prime to determine if there is evidence of money laundering activity based on the AML Compliance Office policies and procedures.
• Review and analyze wire transfers and high risk customers such as (PEPS) and products / services under Bank's enhanced due diligence program (EDD).
• Prepared written case summaries by gathering and analyzing data to clear or escalate alerts bases on various typologies and risk factors and recommend filing a Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR).
• Performed enhanced due diligence (EDD) searches on entities, PEPS, and individuals using LexisNexis, Dow Jones, and Google string searches.
• Review and analyze wire transfers, Fed wires, incoming and outgoing wires, and SWIFT messages.
- AML Investigator, Investigator at Office of the Attorney General
- AML Investigative Consultant at
- AML Investigator, Trade Finance at mega international Commercial bank
- Lead AML Investigator / QA Analyst / SAR Writer at Citi Bank Long Island City
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
* Prepares and ensures proper completion of required CTRs for regulatory filing and submission to FinCEN according to deadline. * Conducts financial forensic investigations on BSA, money laundering, fraud, elder abuse, Identity theft, and OFAC cases involving "one off" or complex patterns of transactions and activity. * Reviews team members' CTR and SAR documents to ensure filings are accurate, timely, and meet regulatory requirements within the permitted timeframe. * On a daily basis analyzes alerts, and cases, through BAM+ AML software, for any unusual and/or suspicious activity. * Assists BSA Officer in regulation, compliance, and audit reviews * Implements and maintains an effective CDD/EDD behavioral risk rating and monitoring program for current and onboarding customers, to include initial and ongoing quarterly and annual reviews pertaining to high risk accounts * Supports in the development and updating of current and new policies and procedures in order to stay compliant with federal and state regulations to include CTR Validation and SAR filings * Audits and oversees MSB accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accounts are coded properly, and in compliance with rules and regulations * Works with Lexis Nexis/ Clear Investigative platforms to conduct background checks and negative news feeds on "one off" investigations and cases * Conducts annual training with Banker's Tool box and accredited seminars to stay proficient in the department
- AML Investigator I at ROCKLAND TRUST
- Reporter/Photographer at Quincy Sun Newspaper
- Banker I/Head Teller at ROCKLAND TRUST
- Reporter/Intern at Westfield Evening News
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
• Review monthly alert/case investigation generated from AML transaction monitoring system
• Add manual cases for received Suspicious Activity Referrals (internal notification) received from branches and line of business. Maintain log and update case disposition.
• Prepare SAR reports on cases identified for suspicious/unusual activity
• Reviews probation cases (60/90 day) follow up reviews for continued activity, forward to Case Managers for approval
• Back-up to CIP and CDD daily review verification & exception processing
• Annual CTR exemption review for business customers exempt from Phase I and Phase II
• Assist with department personnel for additional refresher training to Branch personnel on BSA/AML compliance
• Assist BSA Supervisor with BSA department projects
• Awareness of and compliance with internal policies and procedures that are in place to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements associated with position
- BSA / AML Investigator at Paragon Bank
- BSA / AML Investigator III at BB&T
- AML Transaction Monitoring Detect & Investigation Senior Analyst at PNC Bank
- AML Card Loss Prevention Detect & Investigation Senior Analyst at PNC Bank
1 year at this Job
- Certification - Business Administration / Human Resources Management