• I have two years and a half of laboratory experience as an Analytical chemist.
• Manage a variety of equipment to prepare samples for testing including pipettes, digestion block, reciprocating shaker, centrifuge, sealer, water bath, incubator, fume hood and pH meter
• Perform testing for fecal coliform, total coliform, total plate count, and fecal membrane filtration.
• Making reagents for the flow injection analyzer (FIA), including hypochlorite, sulfanilamide, ammonia chloride buffer, molybdate color reagent, ascorbic acid and total Kjeldahl nitrogen buffer;
• Maintain necessary analysis turnaround time
• use analytical instrumentation appropriately and maintain instrumentation
• Perform chemical and microbiological analytical tests and provide precise reports
• Prepare reagents and operate a flow injection analyzer for total nitrogen and nitrate/nitrite samples.
• Perform testing for total volatile solids and total suspended solids
• Analyze samples for ammonia as well as Hexane Extractable Material.
• Upload data into LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
• Calibrate and perform maintenance on all equipment (including the gram scale, the PH meter, the ammonia meter and the flow injection analyzer)
• Ensure all quality control procedures are followed
• Filing of Certificate of Analysis and maintain laboratory records
• I have experience with audits, which made sure everything was in correlation with the SOP
• I have experience training analyst
• Perform rapid sterility testing per procedure and report results
• Perform testing using aseptic technique in a laminar Airflow Clean Bench
• Identify Out Of Limits results and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple work tasks
• Orders Supplies and other materials
• In agreement with test method SOPs, perform chemical analyses
• Receiving, storage, and logging in samples for testing analysis
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures
• Maintain all Documents for Laboratory Analysis and daily cleanliness of the laboratory.
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment and/or theory, knowledge of laboratory safety and documentation of experiments Sample Types
• Surface Water
• Drinking Water
• Petroleum Products
• Solid & Hazardous Wastes and Sludge
- Analytical Chemist at Waypoint Analytical
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biology
- Associate - biology
I was the analytical chemist for the metals department for about 2 years. There I got extensive experience with ICP and ICP-MS. I was then moved up to the SVOC department and got extensive experience with GC and GC-MS. My eye for detail has also made me one of the primary reviewers of other chemists data.
- Analytical Chemist at SUNSTAR LABORATORIES INC
- at THOMPSON BUILDING MATERIAL
- at EZ LUBE - LAGUNA WOODS
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. in Chemistry - Chemistry
Coastal Gulf & International - Analytical Chemist
• Calculate and Analyze test result data for client samples
• Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in Laboratory Manual & Safety Manual and company policies.
• Perform all tests in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Analytical Chemist at Coastal Gulf & International
- Quality Control Technician at SIGMA-ALDRICH CO
8 months at this Job
- BSc - Biology & Environmental Science
SGS LABORATORY OIL AND GAS DIVISION DEER PARK TX
• Light fuels department following ASTM methods.
• Provide timely and accurate test results to customers.
• Run, monitor and report daily SQC testing. Enter reports and calculations into lab software.
• Proficient with a wide variety of instrumentation including GC, HPLC, MS, FTIR, Colorimeter, UV, oxidation stability, distillations, density and specific gravity.
• Also ran RON/MON and cetane numbers.
• Interpret and carry out precise methods from ASTM to ensure customer satisfaction. SHELL LUBRICANTS PLANT GALENA PARK TX Associate Chemist
• Production laboratory using ASTM methods for testing and quality assurance of motor lubricant oils.
• Provide high volume expertise and data entry in GSAP.
• Monitor on line blending system, and formulations per customer requests. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND CO., COCOA PROCESSING FACILITY MILWAUKEE WI Analytical chemist
• Worked as an analytical chemist performing HPLC and GC work surrounding the production of chocolate products.
• Main duties being sugar analysis by HPLC and fatty acid profiles by GC. Other duties being Fat analysis, color, density, melt point, and pH. WATERTOWN HOPS CO WATERTOWN WI Chemist
• Worked as a chemist in the production of hops for the brewing industry.
• UV spec, HPLC, GC, raw material testing and final batch approval. LADISH CO. INC., CUDAHY WI Metallurgical Technician III
• Worked as a metallurgical technician and IFPTE union member.
• Performed according to ASTM methods in the chemistry lab, microstructure control, physical testing and as an engineering assistant in the manufacture of jet engine components in the aerospace industry. SNAP ON TOOL, KENOSHA WI Environmental Chemist
• Weekly testing of effluent from chrome plating facility as well as monitoring subsidiary wastewater plants. NORTHERN LAKE SERVICE, CRANDON WI Environmental Chemist
• Performed AAGF testing on various metals in drinking water, primarily lead, selenium, thallium and arsenic. Other testing included wet bench titrations and fecal coliform plate counts. DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, STATE OF WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY OFFICE LTE Technician
• Assisted in an arsenic study project (natural ground water) for the State of WI NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING LABORATORY Environmental Chemist
• Performed pesticide analysis by GC, coal tar analysis by HPLC, anion testing by ILC. Titrations for alkalinity and hardness.
- Analytical Chemist at
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
As an Analytical Chemist, I maintained chain of custody of as many as 400 forensic specimens while following approved specimen handling procedure in order to perform testing on each sample that I later evaluated and interpreted results using LC MS/MS instrumentation that meet standard requirements for laboratory accuracy.
• Maintained chain of custody of forensic specimens and followed approved sample handling procedures.
• Maintained competency in the following all written procedures in departmental SOP, prepared and verified performance of all new reagents, ensuring that all required calibrators and quality control samples were included in each batch, demonstrated good analytical technique with minimal failed loads.
• Performed routine maintenance of equipment utilized in the lab which included checks of equipment temperature.
• Programmed sequence table for sample analysis and data review.
• Participated in completion of method and instrument validation studies to quality standards.
• Participated in validation of new calibrators, controls and new or modified analytical procedures while maintaining all quality assurance documentation.
• Maintained acceptable productivity and quality levels.
• Completed assigned continuing education activities and competency verification checks
- Analytical Chemist at Quest Diagnostics
- Clinical Laboratory Specialist at United Allergy Labs
- Intern at Fort Valley Head Start Program
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Forensics
Recently received a promotion to Analytical Chemist II. Currently working on Method Validation, Method Test Transfers, and Managing a small crew consisting of three Analytical Chemist I employees.
- Analytical Chemist II at Midwest Compliance Laboratories
- Analytical Chemist I at Midwest Compliance Laboratories
- Research Assistant at IUPUI
- Laboratory Teaching Assistant at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry - Chemistry
- - Chemistry
* Lead Analytical Chemist responsible for the generation of multiple studies required to meet product registration requirements and other validation and experimentation purposes * Conduct experiments by HPLC, GC, and KFT under GLP * Validate analytical methodology by HPLC, GC * Interpret and summarize data in formal reports * Manage multiple, concurrent projects and prioritize work efficiently to meet business needs * Summarize, communicate and report study findings in accordance with regulatory needs * Method development, testing and evaluation of new product and pipeline compounds for active ingredient and impurities
- Senior Analytical Chemist at DUPONT
- Senior Development Specialist - Quality Control Supervisor at ViroPharma, Inc
- CMC Data Management / Supervisor at ViroPharma, Inc
- Quality Control Chemist at SARTOMER (Total)
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Professional Work and Projects:
BASF, The Chemical Company
Analytical Chemist March 2017 - Present
• Analysis of catalysts and investigation of catalytic active sites using methods of optical and operando spectroscopy
• Root cause analysis of environmental catalyst deactivation.
• On-time execution of analytical requests in optical spectroscopy as well as gas chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography.
• Provided direct analytical support to client businesses.
• Designed and optimized experiments in the optical/operando spectroscopy area.
• Worked independently and as a team member.
• Detailed record keeping and knowledge of safe handling of chemicals, compressed gas cylinders, and high vacuum equipment.
• Standardized and updated/reviewed SOPs for Analytical group area.
- Analytical Chemist at BASF
- Laboratory Assistant at The City College of New York
- Design Engineer at The City College of New York
- Environmental-researcher of The Subway-Surface Air Flow Exchange at The City College of New York
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
Analytical Chemist - St. Petersburg, FL - Dermazone Solutions
• Method Development and Validation - Developed an HPLC method for CBD (Cannabidiol)
• Performed testing for all Pharmaceuticals, Raw Materials and Finished Products in timely manner
• Developed Self-Populating Excel Spreadsheets for Stability Program, simplifying processes
• Assisted in developing and testing for Cleaning Validations
• Supervised laboratory as necessary
• Prepped for FDA and State inspections for excellent visits and audits Quality Control Laboratory Specialist - Largo, FL - Ion Labs
• Performed Identification tests, assays, and physical tests via HPLC, FTIR, TLC, and AA
• Managed Raw Material program, doubling the amount of monthly Raw Material releases
• Formulated specifications and methods for Raw Materials, ensuring acceptable finished product results
• Generated deviations and change controls when applicable
• Created numerous spreadsheets to maximize flow, organization, prioritization - increasing output
• Cooperated in investigational situations, including OOS's and production/manufacturing instances
- Analytical Chemist at Dermazone Solutions
at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry - Inorganic Chemistry & labs
- - biology, chemistry, physics, biochemistry, and Christian
Senior Analytical Chemist (3M Corporation, St. Paul, MN)
• This was an unsupervised, independent Senior Scientist (research) position that serviced 3M Company across all Big Business units, core R&D, and legal/litigation related activities
• Managed concurrent projects, time/cost estimation, priority negotiation, and results documentation to assure customer and client service (projects were completed independently and collaboratively)
• Managed on-site contractor and vendor employees as well as capital equipment needs
- Senior Analytical Chemist at 3M Company
5 years at this Job
- - Technology
- B.S. - Chemistry