basic animal care including medical (vaccinations, medical exam, fecal flotations, heartworm testing etc.) animal control duties including rabies quarantine, city ordinances, wildlife care, trapping, dispatch, euthanasia Clerical front desk duties including adoptions, RTO, policies and procedures development, public education, inventory control, Chameleon software Event coordination to promote adoptions, partnering with associations and rescue groups
- Animal Attendant at Pearland Police Department Animal Control
- Manager at PetSmart
- Teller at CHASE Accounting & Clerical
- CSR/Sales at Acceptance Now / conn's
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Biology
- High School Diploma - Programs
• Groomed dogs and cats by utlizing tools including blades, brushes, combs, shedding aids, de-matting tools, sheers, nail clippers.
• Weighed and examined animals and recorded information in files.
• Cleaned kennels, examination and operating rooms and animal loading and unloading facilities.
• Collected body tissue, feces, blood, urine or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
• Helped capture and provide housing and care of stray animals.
• Administered medication to animals.
• Supported a veterinarian in a private animal clinic.
- Animal Attendant at The Briggs Animal Adoption Center
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Plans, organizes, and delegates work assignments to employees. ✓ Conducts evaluations on employee performance. ✓ Assisting in hiring, firing, promoting, and disciplining of subordinates. ✓ Supervision of personnel involved with the feeding/ watering/ cleaning of all animals impounded in an O.C.A.F. ✓ Ensuring all buildings, offices, and grounds are clean and regularly maintained. ✓ Training personnel in the care and feeding of animals. ✓ Training personnel and enforcing all safety policies and procedures recognized by the Ocean County Health Department. ✓ Assisting the public in adoptions or reclaims of animals impounded and housed in an O.C.A.F. ✓ Performing routine clerical work to ensure all animal records are accurate. ✓ Maintaining accurate records, working with volunteer organizations, and assisting the public in relation to volunteer organizations. ✓ Maintaining accurate foster program records. ✓ Updating and monitoring all medical needs for any animal in the foster program. ✓ Provides the public with information regarding adoption and related matters. ✓ Assisting with the training of animals in the facility. ✓ Ensuring Supply and Food orders are placed and accurate. ✓ Providing in the feeding, watering, grooming, and exercising of animals. ✓ Sanitizing of animal food/ water bowls daily. ✓ Cleaning and disinfecting all animal living quarters daily. ✓ Cleaning offices and maintaining outside areas. ✓ Observing animals general health, diet, body mass, appetite, and temperament. ✓ Diagnosing and treating ailments, sickness, and disease in animals. ✓ Preparation of rabies specimens for The State of New Jersey. ✓ Accurate record keeping regarding submitted rabies specimens for The State of New Jersey. ✓ Maintaining a good rapport with on staff Veterinarian and medical staff. ✓ Transporting animals to outside Veterinarian for checkups/ procedures. Ocean County Animal Facilities- Manahawkin/Jackson, NJ 08/2009- Present Full time Animal Attendant ✓ Responsible for the care and handling of all animals impounded with the O.C.A.F. ✓ Daily routine sanitation of all occupied cages/ kennels in assigned area. ✓ Administration of vaccinations, e.g. Rabies, Distemper, Bordatella. ✓ Assisting in and administration of Microchips. ✓ Identification of ailment, sickness and disease in impounded animals. ✓ Diagnosed and administered prescription medication for treatment. ✓ Fecal collection and analysis for parasites. ✓ Administering subcutaneous fluid to sick/ dehydrated animals. ✓ Assisting by restraining animals for euthanasia. ✓ Assisting in Behavior Evaluations. ✓ Restraining/ Holding for Rabies Clinic. ✓ Aiding the public with adoptions, redemptions, and surrenders. ✓ Maintaining accurate logs of all animals Impounded, Adopted, Reclaimed, Fostered, etc. ✓ Processing adoption applications and completion of foster, adoption, and rescue agreements. ✓ Compiling daily and all records required by the O.C.H.D. ✓ Updating lost and found reports. ✓ Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervising Animal Attendant at Ocean County Animal Facilities- Manahawkin
- Animal Control Officer/ Kennel Attendant at Associated Humane Societies
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- High school
I am currently employed at Incredible Pets. Animal husbandry and care Money Management along with customer assistance are my primary concerns as a small animal attendant. I work both as a team and perform solo tasks. Hard Worker
- Incredible Pets, Carmichael - Small Animal Attendant at Effective Learner
- Housekeeper at Motel 6, Fort Bragg
- barista at Fort Bragg's Starbucks
5 months at this Job
Clean and maintain animal cages for the health and safety of the animals
- Animal attendant at University of Michgan
- Delivery Driver/ Customer Service at American Aqua
- Flagger/Traffic Control at Access Point
- Hi-Lo Driver at Toyota
6 months at this Job
- Some college
Fed the animals, cleaned their pins, walked them, general care, it was short term contract work
- Animal Attendant at Huntington Cabell Wayne animal shelter
2 months at this Job
• Co-founded Research Animal Resources Green Committee and modified several protocols to save the University money and reduce wastefulness
• Cared for laboratory animals according to strict AAALAC and AALAS protocols and regulations
• Worked entirely unsupervised managing my own schedule following established daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
• Wrote medical reports on animals for veterinary processing
• Communicated highly confidential information through appropriate channels
• Occasionally assembled laboratory materials and operated industrial cleaning equipment
- Lab Animal Attendant at Research Animal Resources - University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Kitchen Staff at Davanni's - Downtown Minneapolis
- at University Relations - University of Minnesota Twin Cities
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts
• Responsible for the daily care of an assigned area of the animal collection including exhibit cleaning, diet preparation and behavioral enrichment, feeding, administering medications, assisting with vet care, exhibit maintenance and pool cleaning
• Deals with a considerable interaction with the animals and the public.
• Participates in capturing, restraining and moving animals as trained and directed.
• Must keep accurate daily reports and animal care records.
- Animal Attendant at Zookeeper
- Food Safty and Quality Assurance at Tyson Fresh Meats Inc
- Carcass Merchandising Internship at Tyson Fresh Meats Inc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Ag and Environmental Science
assist in providing care of laboratory animals in a humane, safe and sanitary manner including duties associated with cage washing, sanitation and preparation of animal research facilities.
- Animal Attendant at UTMB-Galveston Campus
- Distribution Technician at Sodexo
- Front Desk Receptionist at Holiday Inn Express
- Front Desk Clerk at Beachcomber inn
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Studying - Business, Minor in Hospitality managment
- High School Diploma - general studies
Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the facility including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dishes, and laundry. Frequently checked on the animals ensuring each animal was adequately provided for. Tended to the special needs of each animal. Supervised and interacted with small groups of dogs as scheduled recreation time. Communicated with the owners about the status of their animal. Followed established protocols and procedures safely for scheduled outdoor rotations.
- Overnight Animal Attendant at Paws in Paradise
- Administrative Assistant at Hamilton Bpbranch State Park
- Cashier at Chicken Salad Chick
- Dog Handler at The Animal House
3 months at this Job
- High school