• Managerial/leadership experience
• Transporting and handling animals
• Strong communication skills
• Neonatal animal care
• General maintenance of animal shelter
• Communication and cooperation with other departments
- Animal Care Specialist at NYC Animal Care & Control
- Installer at MetroCity Graphic Installations
- Assistant/Laborer at Technology Solutions
- Senior Game Advisor at GameStop
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Electrical Engineering
- New York State Emergency Medical Technician License - Emergency Medicine
• Provide daily care and maintenance of a wide variety of laboratory research animal species including nonhuman primates and animals exposed to hazardous materials.
• Manage mouse colonies by properly performing health examinations, administration of treatment, and weaning of rodents.
• Ensure animal conditions and health meet investigators' approved research protocol by monitoring animal environment and reporting those phenotypic traits uncharacteristic of strains' genotype.
• Safely operate animal care related equipment, such as change stations, biosafety cabinets, autoclaves, and euthanasia systems while adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Accurately process incoming animal orders and transfers by verifying order details, reporting errors, and completing documentation.
- Senior Animal Care Technician at University Animal Care
- Enrollment Specialist at University of Arizona College of Public Health
- STEM Volunteer at STEM Outreach and Recruitment
- Customer Care Consultant at Afni Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology - Biochemistry
• Expert at animal care, including blood draws, feeding, administering medications, euthanasia and transportation.
• Maintained an above standard shelter for the animals through cleanliness and organization.
• Provided expert customer service, facilitating meet and greets and offering assistance and information.
• Transportation and delivery of animals by City and County vehicles.
• Effectively maintained daily schedule, managing the welfare and workflow of more than 7 employees.
- Lead Animal Care Attendant at San Francisco Animal Care and Control
- Animal Care Attendant at San Francisco SPCA
- Laboratory Technician at
- Sergeant, Cannoneer at United States Marine Corps
15 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Animal Care Lead Specialist
● Oversaw all daily tasks for animals in my care
● Ran Overnight and 4 to 12 shift as a Lead
● When new animals came into shelter I placed them in appropriate rooms. Transported animals from holding to adoptions.
● Gave medication and did initial exams for all animals coming in and already in facility.
● Worked with Veterinarian and LVT's closely.
- Animal Care Specialist at Animal Care Center of NYC
- Roofing Mechanic at Precision Roofing Inc
- Apprenticeship program at Empire State Carpenters Union
- Warehouse Manager/Catalog Shipping Manager at C.S.A Inc
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school
• Complete assigned tasks while self-managing the time necessary to complete each task
• Feed and walk dogs, clean and sanitize kennels, vaccinate, administer daily medications, assist with euthanasia procedures and engage in customer service as instructed
• Assess animal status when cleaning and call attention to ailing or stressed animals
• Implement animal behavior plans to help influence desirable behaviors in dogs
• Transport intact dogs and cats to be spayed or neutered to and from corresponding low-cost clinics
• Intake stray or owner surrendered animals professionally, at times involving educating the public of proper animal care or re-homing options
- Senior Animal Care Technician at Animal Care and Control
- Senior Pet-sitter at Happy-Tails Pet-sitting
- Eighth Grade Special Education Teacher at Fall Creek Junior High School
- Special Education Instructional Assistant at Fall Creek Junior High School
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
• Assigned to animal rooms four months early.
• Oversee eight different animal groups: providing enrichment, manage feeding, providing upmost husbandry care, all while following standard operating procedures.
• Earned TEAMS within six months.
• Act as Human Enrichment Advisor for my team.
• Often referred as a "handyman" due to proactive maintenance.
- Animal Care Technician at Animal Care Services
- Textbook Clerk at Chuy's Tex-Mex
- Server/Expo/Host at Chuy's Tex-Mex
- Asst. Manager/Server/Busser at Simply Delicious Diner
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health - Public Health
- Associate degree - mathematics
- High school diploma
- - communication
• Maintained a high standard of animal care and welfare, which included providing scheduled feeding, clean water at all times, proper bedding and enrichment toys.
• Properly cleaned and sanitized kennels, cages, equipment and areas of the shelter as assigned
• Led fellow staff members in the absence of a supervisor and scheduled staff to their assigned rooms and ensured that other staff members were handling daily responsibilities
• Administered medication to animals assigned to the isolation ward
• Observed and documented unusual behavior, signs of illness and injuries and communicated vital information to other departments
• Restrained, confined, and handled ill, injured, quarantined or fractious/aggressive animals as necessary
• Exercised and socialized with animals on a regular basis
- Lead Animal Care Specialist at Animal Care Centers of New York City
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Veterinary Technician
adoptions, client care, animal care, behavioral work, medical work, cleaning
- Animal care specialist at St Hubert's Animal Welfare Center
- Adoption counselor at MCSPCA, Freehold Adoption Center
- Marine field guide at New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium
- Sales associate at New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - environmental science
i would like to work here because it is a really good idea for people to know how to take care of there animals
- Animal Care Technician at Animal care
11 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school - general
• Fed and exercised 12 animals each day.
• Promoted grooming services and products to customers.
• Kept clear and accurate records on animal behavior, food intake and medications.
• Advised owners regarding animal care and supplementary training at home.
• Maintained a clean and sanitary work environment always.
• Cleaned animal enclosures and performed minor maintenance.
• Observed animals' physical conditions to detect illness.
• Cleaned and disinfected kennels, equipment and work areas.
• Unloaded and impounded animals received from animal control and the public.
- ANIMAL CARE SPECIALIST at CARE ANIMAL RESCUE FREDERICKSBURG
- ANIMAL CARE SPECIALIST at SPCA WILDLIFE CENTER
- VETERINARY ASSISTANT at NORTH PENN ANIMAL HOSPITAL
- SALES ASSOCIATE at THE HOME DEPOT
5 months at this Job