● Animal Care, exhibit maintenance, patron interaction, supply ordering and stocking
- Animal Keeper at City Of Los Angeles Zoo
- Crew at Target
- Cashier at Arby's Restaurant
23 years, 5 months at this Job
Animal Keeper, daily care to animals and their enclosures, cleaning the exhibits, feeding animals, provide medication, watering, securing, grooming, observing, training and enrichment to the animals.
- Animal Keeper at Lambs Farm Petting Zoo
- Volunteers Research Assistant - Chimpanzee Behavior and Endocrinology at Brookfield Zoo
- Spot Travel, Pet Safe Manager at Pet Safe on United Airline
- Zookeeper in the Farm, Dairy Barn Attendant in the Farm, Petting Zoo at Lincoln Park Zoo
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Zoology
- Doctoral - Veterinarian Medicine
• Animal Keeper of domestic cats, hybrids, and wildcats (Servals, Caracals, Bobcats, Cougars, Lions and Tigers)
• I work long hours, often independently
• Act quickly under highly stressful situations
• Able to work well independently and with teams
- Animal Keeper at Wildcat Ridge Sanctuary
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR at WITHOUT LIMITS NW
- TURTLE CARE VOLUNTEER, INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER HEADQUARTERS at BALI INDONESIA
- PET CARE ASSOCIATE at PETSMART
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Science
Trained and supervised new employees.
● Answered phones, scheduled appointments in the Atlantis Database and checked clients in.
● Boarding and privacy contract review.
● Obtained medical records from local veterinary facilities.
● Administration of pet medications.
● Interaction with pets (movement within facility, feeding, exercising, behavioral training.)
● Weekend key holder, responsible for locking up the facility after closing and activating the security system.
- Front Desk Agent, The Animal Keeper at The Animal Keeper
- Transfer Center Receptionist at MiraCosta College
- Volunteer for the Cardiac Ward at Scripps La Jolla Hospital
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Art in Kinesiology - Health Science
- Associate of Art Degree - Humanities
- High school or equivalent
New York, NY April 2010 - Sept. 2017 Animal Keeper Tropics, Penguins, Sea Lions and Children's Zoo of animals, including treatment, vaccination, surgery, x-rays and other laboratory tests and procedures. medications; keep animal care and maintenance records and inventories for assigned area.
• Daily census and report on birds
• Formulate diets and determine feeding schedules
• Observe animals for signs of illness and injury; assist veterinarian in health care
• Perform animal immobilization, crating, shipping, receiving, isolation, and quarantine activities.
• Prepare orders for animal feed, equipment, supplies, materials and veterinary
• Answer questions from zoo visitors and assist with group tours.
• Sea lion demonstration for the public
New York, NY
April 2010 - Sept. 2017
Tropics, Penguins, Sea Lions and Children's Zoo
of animals, including treatment, vaccination, surgery, x-rays and other
laboratory tests and procedures.
medications; keep animal care and maintenance records and inventories for assigned area.
- Animal keeper at Central Park Zoo
- Full Time Compensated Intern Animal Keeper at Central Park Zoo
- Pool Service Technician at Pacific Palisades Pool Supply
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Sylvan Heights Bird Park - Avian Husbandry & Management Program Certificate
Lake Buena Vista, Florida Salaried Animal Keeper - Ituri Forest July 2016- present
• Responsible for care, feeding, enrichment, and general welfare of a variety of animals in the Ituri forest collection including, but not limited to: black rhinos, Nile crocodiles, Nile hippos, pelicans, cormorants, storks and a variety of hoof stock
• Trained and able to successfully perform blood draws on crocodiles and rhinos
• Member of the black rhino phlebotomy team, working to mitigate the effects of Iron Overload Disorder
• Weigh and extract fecal samples for hormone analysis as the endocrine lead
• Lead Nile crocodile trainer
• Responsible for animal observations and record keeping
• Responsible for training and maintaining behaviors that are beneficial for animals' health and wellbeing
• Collaborate with fellow team members to ensure that animal areas are cleaned and that all training, animal appointments, and other goals are met
• Ability to work long hours outdoors and take on physically demanding tasks
• Responsible for managing computer programs for uploading and archiving photos for medical and identification purposes
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Salaried Animal Keeper - Ituri Forest July 2016- present
- Salaried Animal Keeper at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Excursion Guide at Wild Africa Trek
- Conservation Education Presenter, Professional Intern at The Walt Disney Company
- Guest Service Host at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Fisheries and Wildlife Science
- Animal keeper at Animal Adventure Park
- Lead Animal Keeper at Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Front Desk Associate at Ski Inn LLC
- Keeper at Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Captive Wildlife Care and Education
• Providing daily husbandry for a variety of species
• Park maintenance
• Training using operant conditioning
• Following enrichment guidelines and new enrichment ideas
• Keeper talks and educating guests
• Supervise Interns
- Animal Keeper at Omaha Zoological Society
- RANCH HAND at RTC LLAMA RANCH
- SEASONAL KEEPER at LINCOLN CHILDREN'S ZOO
- RECEPTIONIST at FALLBROOK FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Fisheries and Wildlife
Observation of animal behavior Cleaning and disinfecting animal enclosures Preparing diets for small primates, marsupials, and other wildlife/zoo animals Assisting with enrichment for animals Cross trained to work with all species of animals
Observation of animal behavior
Cleaning and disinfecting animal enclosures
Preparing diets for small primates, marsupials, and other wildlife/zoo animals
Assisting with enrichment for animals
Cross trained to work with all species of animals
- Animal Keeper at Wildlife Waystation
- Veterinary Assistant/Wildlife technician at Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- RVT license - Animal science
- Associate - pre veterinary
• Responsible for daily care, husbandry, and enrichment of a variety of mammals, primates, reptiles, and birds in collection, such as giraffe, zebra, bongos, Arabian oryx, gemsbok, warthogs, red river hog, white-handed gibbons, ring-tailed lemur, Aldabra tortoise, African spurred tortoise, Burmese python, and macaws.
• Practice operant conditioning training with giraffe, warthogs, white-handed gibbons, and domestic pigs.
• Involvement with ambassador animal collection (Patagonian cavy, chinchilla, hedgehog, Blue and Gold macaw, African spurred tortoise, American alligator, Burmese python, and ball python) and presenting Education Programs to zoo guests.
• Audio and Video Specialist for Education Programs and Employee Training Videos.
• Interact with guests and discuss the Natural History of the giraffe during Giraffe Feedings in the Drive-Thru.
• Lead kangaroo and porcupine feedings with guests.
• Post daily animal pictures and facts on Instagram Stories.
• Overnight security and keeper 1-2 nights per week.
- Animal Keeper and Trainer at African Safari Wildlife Park
- Cat Ambassador Program Volunteer at THE CINCINNATI ZOO AND BOTANICAL GARDEN
- Cat Ambassador Program Intern at THE CINCINNATI ZOO AND BOTANICAL GARDEN
- Videography Intern at THE AFRICAN SAFARI WILDLIFE PARK
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Zoology