Currently working as an Animal Technician for Arizona State University. Duties include animal care, health treatments, and equipment/facility maintenance. I am responsible for observing animals for health concerns and pre or post operations. I preform animal husbandry on different spices of animals including, rodents, reptiles, fish, and birds. I am also responsible for operating the cage wash, equipment and enrichment preparation, and sanitation/sterilization. I work closely with the other technicians and researchers to provide exploratory laboratory standards and practices.
- Animal Technician at Arizona State University
- Equine Keeper & Instructor at Phoenix Zoo
- Grooming Apprentice at Petco
- courier, and helping at University of Hawaii Mānoa - Office of Research Compliance
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Animal Science
Small animal technician at Columbia University.
- Small animal technician at PRIORITY ONE STAFFING SERVICES
- Labortory Assistant at Mandl
- Surgical Technologist at Metropolitian Hospital
- Senior Veterinary Technician at Hunter College
8 months at this Job
- - AOS Surgical Technology
UC Davis Vet Teaching Hospital (Animal Technician) Assists and supports registered technicians and doctors. Performs general ani- mal care including feeding, walking and cleaning. Also performs laundry and general maintenance. Help restrain for vaccines and etc. Stock hospital with needed supplies. Clean all wards and rooms. VCA Mueller Animal Hospital (3T Tech H-Tech Assistant) Assists and supports registered technicians and doctors. Performs general ani- mal care including feeding, walking and cleaning. Also performs laundry and general maintenance. Help restrain for vaccines and etc. Stock hospital with needed supplies. Top Flight Elite Sacramento (Boys Basketball Director) Oversees and manages coaches and athletes for basketball practice and com- petition. Creates and distributes rosters, schedules, handbooks, etc. Responsi - ble for all accounting and budgeting transactions related to the team. Organizes team fundraisers. Sacramento City College (Assistant Women's Basketball Coach) Assist and lead in the instruction of the women's basketball team. Learn and as- sist games. Dedicated commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student athlete. VCA Mueller Pet Inn (Kennel Assistant/Receptionist) Performs general animal care including feeding, walking and cleaning. Also performs laundry and general maintenance. Answer phone calls from customers, booked ap- pointments with customers for grooming and boarding, charges out customers and also open and closed books for the day. Dutch Bros (Barista) Make and serve specialty coffee and tea beverages, Speak and interact with both new and regular customers, Maintain a clean and sanitized work station, Adhere to recipes beverage item, Contribute to a positive team environment Dollar Tree (Cashier) Work to help our customers have an excellent experience. Greet customers, as- sist in checkout process while providing excellent customer service. VOLUNTEER K.I.S.S Horse Rescue Center Horse Hope & Healing Rescue Center Dog Sitting
- Animal Technician at Uc davis veterinary teaching hospital
at this Job
- High School Diploma
- AA in Social Science - Social Science
• Husbandry care of laboratory mice. Changing out cages, making sure they have access to food and water, reporting any animal welfare, health issues or abnormalities of mice.
• Keeping procedure and animal housing rooms clean, sanitary and stocked with proper supplies.
• Weaning and sexing mice pups that are over 21 days old.
• Flag and report any health, animal housing, or procedure room problems.
• Help assist Technologist and Researcher in minor animal task and care.
• Currently in the process of obtaining my ALAT (Assistant Lab Animal Technician) certification. March 2017 and taking LAT (Lab Animal Technician) training classes Jan. 2017 - Present
- Lab Animal Technician at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Receptionist at Economy Pet Clinic
- Veterinary Assistant at Economy Pet Clinic
- Groomer Assistant at PETCO
3 years at this Job
- - Business Imaging
As a guest services representative, I work closely with the public in answering phones, welcoming adopters into the facility, and assisting owners in the surrender process. This position also requires me to assist in the spay/neuter clinic offered to the public by the ARLGP, assist the public in filing lost pet reports, reunite lost pets with their owners, process purchases of our merchandise, and occasionally assist adoption counselors in processing their adoptions on the computer. I am also cross-trained as a small animal technician and have experience within the feline department as well in administering some medications orally. I clean after the small animals and I also counsel potential adopters in caring for their possible new pets ranging from hamsters, mice, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. I also have learned to administer fluids subcutaneously in rabbits, inject pain medication in rabbits, and force feed small animals when needed.
- Guest Services Representative and Small Animal Technician at Animal Refuge League
- Volunteer at Franklin County Animal Shelter
- Intern at Franklin County Animal Shelter
- Sales Ambassador at LUSH Cosmetics
7 months at this Job
- BFA in Creative Writing - Creative Writing
- High School Diploma
• Active participant in AALAS training classes
• Perform cage changeouts in animal housing rooms
• Sanitize animal housing rooms
• Retrieve and properly dispose of animal carcasses
• Assist in ABSL 3 bio containment practices as well as don appropriate PPE
• Wean animals according to weaning dates, sex, and number of animals allocated in the cage
• Studying to receive my Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAS) certification
• Works for a university accredited by the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AALAC)
• Maintain and upkeep facility standards that are provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), and The Guide for Laboratory Animal Care
• Work with different animal species such as hamsters, mice and rabbits
• Work in time specialized animal housing rooms
• Work in light specialized rooms (constant dark) using incandescent red light.
• Build rapport with researchers and provide assistance when needed
• Keep accurate records of temperate/humidity and variation of cage change by species of animal using the daily activity sheet (DAS)
• Notify veterinary staff of sick animal cases
• Maintain clean and orderly animal housing rooms, procedure rooms and behavioral rooms
• Preparation of chemical disinfectant (MB-10)
• Assist professors, grad students and PHD students with research related to their specific study
- Laboratory Animal Technician at Georgia State University
- Cage Wash Technician at Georgia State University
- Member at America Association of Laboratory Animal Science
- Personal Assistant at Self-Employed
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
Feed and provide fresh food/water to animals, including special feedings ∙Clean, disinfect animal kennels following established protocols ∙Move animals from one location to another within the shelter ∙Assist with vaccinations ∙Clean and disinfect dishes and laundry. ∙Perform daily health and behavior monitoring of all animals ∙Observe and report all animals that appear sick, take fecal samples
- Animal Technician at Animal Humane Society
- at A. Michel's Lawn Maintenance Service
- Warehouse Associate at Target Warehouse
- Guest satisfaction representative at Pei Wei Asian Diner
6 months at this Job
- High school diploma
Started as an Animal Caretaker cleaning and sanitizing animal pens and work areas, and assisting Animal Techs as necessary. Worked up to Animal Tech I, responsibilities including giving medication to animals as necessary, dosing for studies and recording data before and after dosing, communicating with study directors and management about animal/study concerns, taking animal head counts, blood collection on canine via jugular and cephalic veins, processing blood collected in centrifuges.
- Animal Technician at Sinclair Research Center
- Laborer at AZZ Central Electric
- Laborer at METAL CULVERTS, INC.
3 years at this Job
* Perform daily health observations and treatments * Cage change and maintain animal activity logs * Wean mice
- Animal technician at The Scripps Research Institute
- at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
- Customer service at Tuesday Mornings
2 years, 8 months at this Job
Assist DVMs with surgeries,animal care,examinations, and other procedures. Accurate computer charting, lab equipment maintenance, sanitation, and other general duties. Client education, blood draws, inoculations, surgical prep,wound care,cath placements,ect
- Animal Technician at Davis Veterinary Service
- Herdsman at Co alliance
- Scribe at LOGANSPORT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- Animal Technician at Akron Vet Clinic
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school diploma