Skilled in written and oral communication skills, background in creative storytelling and education, experience in organizing travel transportation and lodging, and attention to detail and organization Completing Non-Routine Tasks: A history of work experience in summer camps and afterschool programs prepared me for going from teaching archery to creating lesson plans in cultural education to First Aid and CPR certification, pool safety, and passenger vehicles. Literacy in Social Intelligence: Education and experience in anthropological research has grown my skill in understanding complex emotions and communications including literacy in body language; a base knowledge of reading in Spanish, Italian, German, and French; and deciphering complex themes in art and literature across cultural boundaries. Skills in Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving: My education in anthropology and history has trained my skills at communicating and understanding complex socio-political situations across language and cultural barriers- giving me the ability to understand situations from multiple perspectives. My sports and recreation has trained my skills in finding creative and thrifty solutions to common and unplanned situations.
- Feminist Anthropologist at Freelance
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Liberal Arts - History and Anthropology
Coordination of the Partners for Fisheries Monitoring Program. Oversight of a program that hires biologists and anthropologists who work in subsistence communities that have fisheries monitoring projects in their area that are funded through US Fish and Wildlife Service. Designing programs, outreach, workshops, and educational activities for the partners who work in these positions. Partnering with rural and Native communities to promote research in their areas. Anthropological support for Regional Advisory Councils, Interagency Committees relating to subsistence, the Federal Subsistence Board, and other constituents as needed. Analysis of fish and wildlife regulatory proposals and grant proposals. Monitoring cooperative agreements for research. Presentations of findings to the Regional Advisory Councils. Travel to small villages to Council and community meetings.
- Anthropologist and Coordinator at Partners For Fisheries Monitoring Program
- Anthropologist/Social Scientist, NOAA Fisheries at Southeast Regional Office
- Researcher, NOAA Fisheries at Alaska Fisheries Science Center
- Instructor at University of Florida
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - ethnography and cultural anthropology
· Secured over $100K in research funding from Fulbright-Hays, NSF, and the University of North Carolina to support a multi-year collaborative research project, exploring identity construction through consumption behaviorin Yucatán, México · Conducted survey, ethnographic interviews, and stakeholder consults to craft narratives and support insights about study population and research site · Translated complex research findings into digestible reports and presentations for local, governmental, and professional audiences · Budgeted for, assembled, and managed international field teams of 20+ staff and researchers to meet yearly project goals, while taking on mentoring and managerial roles with increasing responsibility
- Anthropologist and Researcher at UNC Chapel Hill
- Graduate Teaching Fellow at UNC Chapel Hill
- UX Project Assistant at UNC Chapel Hill, Office of Undergraduate Curricula
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- PhD - Anthropology
- Bachelor's - Sociology-Anthropology
• User research and persona compilation
• Audience identification and targeting
• Relevant qualitative research and analysis
• Prototype testing and evaluation
- DESIGN ANTHROPOLOGIST at Downstream
- BARTENDER at Hudson's Gastro Pub
- BARTENDER at Downtown Bars
- SENIOR RESIDENT COMPANION at Amber Grove Place/Anthem Memory Care
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Anthropology - Cultural Anthropology
- High School Diploma
Muwekma Ohlone Tribal representative. Native site and survey analyses. Evaluation and identification of prehistoric and historic materials, artifacts and sites. Adept in preparing reports and delivering stakeholder presentations. Excavate, analyze, and identify artifacts and human remains, theorizing site assessments and artifact significance. Establish collections, records search and literature reviews. Skilled at handling culturally sensitive materials. Primary author of Muwekma Ohlone Tribe site report to be published November 2019.
- TRIBAL ARCHAEOLOGIST & CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGIST at MUWEKMA OHLONE TRIBE
- PRODUCTION ASSISTANT & CULTURAL SPEAKER at SINGULARITY UNIVERSITY
- SUPERVISOR & MERCHANDISE SPECIALIST at PEET'S COFFEE & TEA
- WINE TASTING ROOM MANAGER at Big Dog Vineyards
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS - Applied Anthropology
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Biological Anthropology & Archaeology
- Associate - Anthropology
Cross-functional, multi-cultural/lingual globally-dispersed Agile teams of ~20. Responsible for the research, planning, design, and documentation of consumer experiences for web-based, hand-held, desktop, environmental, and experimental applications. STRATEGIC OFFERINGS
• Excellent communication, presentation, and client management skills.
• Expert in UCD/ Agile/ Lean processes and ways to improve upon them.
• Extremely detailed and communicative information architecture skills.
• Creative, intuitive, and clear interaction design skills.
• Expertise in formulating, conducting, recording, distilling, disseminating, and acting upon UT methods/data.
• Expert in distributed & stand-alone software design for B2B, B2C, P2P, SNS, mApps, OS: Finance, Pharma, Fashion, Health/Wellness, Consumer, Publishing, etc.
• Ethereum, Cloud, Mobile, Desktop, Enterprise, Proprietary, Kiosks, In-flight systems. Field Research and Testing RESEARCH + TESTING Qualitative, Quantitative, A/B Testing, Multivariate, nomenclature, card sorts, tree tests, eye-tracking, ethnological research, heuristic evaluation, think aloud task-oriented walk-throughs, participatory sketching and diagramming, etc. I've both administered and monitored. Designed and written the testing script, prepared documentation, organized facilities and recruitment, payments, MOTS, ER. Monitoring: lighting, audio/video, catering, client staging, writing up and disseminating final reports with prioritized recommendations for invested stakeholders.
- Digital Anthropologist at Munkeeto
- Research Analyst (Part-time / Contract - concurrently with Munkeeto) at GigaOM
- Director UX+Research at Salesforce Tokyo
- Director UX+Research at C22
12 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Interaction Design | Human Factors
- - Statistical Analysis
- Bachelor's - Information Design
Published Author Content Writer Historical Researcher interests include anthropologist and sociologist Customer Service Web developer Marketing & Media Development
- CEO & Owner at Kalena Kai Inc
- Production assistant and creative writer at Tobso Corporation
- Temporary Receptionist at Toth Chiropractic
- Housekeeper at Qwik Response
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school
Pursuing Masters Degree with a primary focus in studying empathy within technology and media; Seeking the reasons behind behavior and user motivation for product growth; Equally anthropologist, sociologist and marketer, technological curiosity, thinking outside the box and research to understand true meaning behind human actions; Serving as a UX Consultant for the schools and Chapel within the Duke University system, strengthening UX research methodologies; learning empathy strategies through AI studies, research Chanelle methodologies and doing detective work searching for patterns in behavior.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, EMPATHY & TECH RESEARCHER at Duke University
- DIRECTOR at Henry
- FOUNDER/PRINCIPAL & UX CONSULTANT at CHD Collective
- LAB TECH CONSULTANT & STUDENT MENTOR at Creative Circus
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters - Empathy
Retired - my degree is Anthropology UCF and AA GENERAL EDUCATION MERCHSNT MARINE CAPTAIN 30 years ANTHROPOLOGY I taught only for Peace Corp St Benjamin ST JOhn VI
- Merchant marine captain ; peace Corp st Benjamin St. John VI And anthropologist at UCF and Voast Guard
25 years, 11 months at this Job
Postgraduate intern with the Consulting Forensic Anthropologist, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of Maryland assisting with identification of skeletal remains in forensic anthropology cases within the jurisdiction of the State of Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, as well as supporting data management and daily tasks assigned.
- Forensic Anthropology Intern at OCME
- at Student Research
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at IDEXX Laboratories, INC
- Student Research Assistant at Notre Dame of Maryland University
at this Job
- Master's - Forensic Medicine
- Bachelor's - Biology
- A.A.S. - Veterinary Technology