Playing a vital role in knowledge-based research and development aimed to increase the impact of best practices for instruction in schools and across disciplines. Coach Anthropologist 2018 to present Qualitative Research
• Collecting qualitative data on the impact of practices on instruction in an education setting through key informant interviews with instructional coaches, school leaders, and educators in schools and school districts from around the world.
• Organizing and presenting data from research in order to improve project management, including collecting and curating surveys and analyzing data to identify and predict trends.
• Researching and summarizing content and available materials on education and team management to digestible pieces for a broader audience. Data Analysis
• Led knowledge management meetings with coaching team to present findings from data, and decide actionable next steps to improve deliverables.
• Researching and authoring bibliographies for research publications
• Utilizing software such as Nvivo to analyze collected data to present to stakeholders.
- Coach Anthropologist at instructionalcoaching.com
- Swahili Interpreter for the Olathe School District at Olathe Public Schools
- Director at Mufindi Orphans, Mufindi
- Operations Manager at
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- MSc - Public Policy and Management
- BA - Anthropology
• Lead qualitative research efforts for educational technology startup companies by moderating focus groups and in-depth interviews to uncover student and faculty motivators and the impact of technology.
• Analyze pilot results using contextual analysis leading to increased LMS usage and eBook implementation.
• Develop and run research test sessions on teaching and learning products with students, advisors, colleagues, and faculty using the Anthropological toolkit (observation, interviewing, cultural analysis, and ethnography).
• Serve as the subject matter expert on the Design Thinking process by leading project efforts and workshops to improve human experiences.
• 2018 Ron Taylor Award Recipient for Outstanding Service.
- RESEARCH ANALYST / ANTHROPOLOGIST at Adtalem Global Education
- ASSOCIATE PROJECT DIRECTOR at ORC International
- SPECIAL PROJECTS VOLUNTEER at Naperville Area Humane Society
- ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER at Kantar Group (Operations)
4 years at this Job
- M.A. - Applied Medical Anthropology
- B. S. - Health Studies & Anthropology
Identified "In common by descent (IBD)" clusters of individuals who share common ancestry in a particular region by validating patterns of migration, descent, and kinship found in customer family trees. + Conducted historical research to write brief descriptions of the identified clusters for consumer consumption and product development. + Conducted literature reviews and summarized journal articles to develop products for customer consumption on phylogeography of mitochondrial DNA.
- Anthropologist at FamilyTreeDNA
- at Doctoral research, Tulane University
- Research Assistant at Tulane University
9 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Anthropology
- B.A. - Anthropology
Assist in recovery, processing, and analysis of human remains
- Assistant to the Forensic Anthropologist at Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office
- Undergraduate Student, ASM Undergraduate Research Fellow at Eastern Michigan University, Undergraduate Research in Microbiology
- Bioarchaeological Research Assistant at Antiochia ad Cragum Field School
- Perrigo Undergraduate Summer Research Fellow at University of Michigan-Sherman Lab
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Anthropology and Biology (Minor in Chemistry)
Event Management and Planning 9102, YTSIREVINU CIFICAP Online and Interpersonal Research ygoloporhtnA ni .A.B Oral and Written Communication tneipiceR tnemeveihcA tnedutS ainrofilaC ;ralohcS laitnediserP Multiple Project Management Microsoft Office Published a research paper entitled, "Lighten Up, You Need a Drink: An Ethnographic Study of the Impact of Collegiate Drinking on Socialization" Adobe Creative Suite Focused on cultural anthropology, history, international studies, and sociology Social Media Management Successfully organized the establishment of a Student Multicultural Center Data Analysis Organizational Development 7102, MAHNEKCIWT YTISREVINU S'YRAM TS Cross-Cultural Competency ecneirepxE noitacudE lanoitanretnI Lived and studied in London, England for 6 months TNEMETATS LANOSREP Gained comprehension of different UK Tier Visas Helped other students adapt to living in a new country A self-starter, great multitasker, and fully ECNEIREPXE DETALER independent worker. ROTANIDROOC NOITATNEIRO tneserP-8102, ytisrevinU cificaP SLIATED TCATNOC Communicated with various offices to facilitate informational sessions for new students Trained 60 volunteers on peer mentoring, conflict management, and communication styles +1 (707) 616-9417 Led multiple group events to promote connections and learning between over 1,500 new students [email protected] linkedin.com/leeahamae ATSIRAB 9102-8102, raB eeffoC kcoR kcalB Memorized recipes and technique to handcraft espresso beverages for customers, on a regular independent basis YTILIBALIAVA NEPO Maintained positive customer relationships, and provided exceptional customer service in a timely manner Worked independently and efficiently to clean, stock, and organize the store Future Time Commitments: June 20th-24th REGANAM SNOITALER CILBUP 8102-5102, ytiroroS ahplA uN atehT Created Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages for local university sorority, and marketed events across those platforms Worked with designers to create promotional clothing items Was selected to attend the Association of Fraternal Leadership and Values Conference in 2016 ROTACUDE ECITSUJ LAICOS 8102-7102, ytisrevinU cificaP
- INTERNATIONAL ANTHROPOLOGIST at ZEUQZAV
- Helped establish at Student Multicultural Center
at this Job
I am studying to be a cultural anthropologist. I love writing and people. My GPA is 3.7
- STUDENT at University of Arizona
- Crisis Advocate at CODAC Behavioral Health Services
- RGA Clerk at Rainbird Sprinkler
- Owner/Operator at Glass Art By Me
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Cultural Anthropology
- - Graphic Arts
- High School Diploma
I find undervalued or unappreciated things of cultural, artistic, decorative, utilitarian, and often historic significance, restore, and resell them.
- Cultural Anthropologist, and Head Shopkeeper at Finder
- Marketing and Project Management at Henry Wine Group, Epic Wines and Spirits, Young's Market Company
- Photography Producer/ Digital Asset Specialist at McDonald's Corp
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
- - Culinary Arts
Rehousing, arranging and describing, and taking inventory of collections of personal and professional papers
of anthropologists, including: documents, photographs, maps, audiovisual materials, X-rays, and oversize
● Completed DACS-compliant finding aids using ArchivesSpace (awaiting publication)
● Coded series and box descriptions in EAD
● Finalized deed of gift with donor
● Writing blog posts about an anthropologist, which will be uploaded to the Smithsonian's blog SIRIS, and strategizing additional social media presence to promote collection awareness (awaiting publication)
● Participated in outreach programs to educate the public about archival materials and collections
● Assist federal staff with reference services
- Processing Archivist at National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Institution
- Archives Intern at Lotus Music & Dance
- Archives Assistant at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Archivist Assistant/Archives Intern at Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County
10 months at this Job
- Master of Information
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
- - Italian
Portland, OR Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Worked collaboratively with anthropologist LaShandra Sullivan, I am a recent graduate from Ph.D. to research matter, music and memory in Rio de Janeiro, Reed College with a Bachelor of Brazil. Traveled to Rio de Janeiro for fieldwork, engaged in archival Arts in Anthropology. I have a research and interviewed activists, artists and musicians. passion for wine and a solid sales background. I am taking Heart and Soul of Medicine Wine Educator my Introductory Sommelier Winter 2019 Napa, CA Exam in September 2019. Designed and facilitated "Mindful Wine Tastings" to emphasize the
- Wine Educator at Reed College
2 months at this Job
- BA - Anthropology
- - business
• Support base office, clientele and employee by maintaining well-organized records of detailed activities as it pertains to the flow of the project
• Ensure that flagger crew effectively escorts various vehicles through a designated D.O.T. Construction site
• Research data necessary to ensure compliance with the both State and Federal Labor Board
• Schedule employees for duty and monitor accuracy when signing into a specified site
• Report incidents verbally and written to CEO
• Monitor and identify security threats as it pertains to the CLT International Airport
• Communicate with the crew as well as Airport Security uses two-way hand held radios linked to the airport monitoring system.
• Comply with all regulations, policies, and rules of the airport to include ensuring the crew abides by the same regulations Anthropologist
• Over 7 years of experience in anthropology field
• Demonstrated ability to plan research projects to answer questions and test hypotheses in relation to humans
• Highly skilled in collecting information from observations, interviews, and documents
• Able to develop data collection methods tailored to a particular specialty, project, or culture
• Well versed in recording and managing records of observations taken in the field
• Wrote papers on the cause and effect of industrialized agricultural in the beef manufacturing industry, food insecurity on college campuses, military sexual trauma among female veterans, and the development of the human species used as a reference by the Anthropology Department at the University of North Carolina in Charlotte.
• Conducted a series of gender based seminars emphasizing the society's abnormalities
- Security Escort Supervisor for Southeastern Public Safety at Charlotte International Airport
- Student / Researcher at Research and Development UNCC Anthropology Department
- Field Trauma Nurse at Johnny Mae's Hair Care and Perfect 10
- Power Generator Mechanic at United States Army
4 months at this Job
- Safety Certified
- - Business Management
- - Medical Office Administration