Software used includes: Workmajig, Microsoft OneNote, google docs, adobe Photoshop pro, slack, and knowledge of various bank platforms including Comerica, Bank of America, and American Express.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
● Manage full cycle Accounts Payable according the best practice GAAP and SOX standards.
● Own AP process from Statement of work contracts to creating purchase orders, receipt of invoice, initial verification, obtaining proper approvals, allocating expenses per job and ending with a timely execution of weekly check runs to independent contractors and overhead vendors.
● Research credit card transactions and coding to proper expense accounts and allocating expense for travel that are billable to client/project.
● Own all credit card payments and over sight of reconciliations while monitoring real time credit limits and activity whiling budgeting cash management to aid in protecting the company's assets and daily cash flows.
● Support Client Finance Accountant in various ad hoc needs including bank reconciliations and audits monthly P & L statement review.
● Contracts oversight with majors companies including Wal Mart, Intel, Hitachi, Silicon Valley Bank, Ernest, and other major industry leaders.
- AP ACCOUNTANT at Robert Half
- SENIOR ACCOUNTING CLERK LEVEL 5 at The Save Mart Companies, Inc
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST at Granite Construction, Inc
- CLAIM SPECIALIST/SITE MONITOR at FOOD PROGRAM
3 months at this Job
- - Advanced Excel Courses
- - Additional Tax Accounting courses
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Print out and enter AP invoices, reconcile monthly statements, enter invoice discrepancies onto an Excel spreadsheet, help complete company credit applications, send faxes, answer phones, sort mail, and answer emails.
- AP Accountant at Burnett's Staffing - Transnorm System
- Front Desk Receptionist at Burnett's Staffing - Shioleno Industries
- ILR Flex Claim Associate at Worley Company
- Property Tax Assistant / Accounts Payable at PetroData Business Systems - PDS Tax Services
6 months at this Job
- Associate - Secretarial Admininstration
Managed accurate and timely processing of up to 2,000 invoices ($1M) per month for Real Estate
Corporation. Assessed and closed AP sub-ledger monthly, validated content and resolved all issues
• Attached incoming invoices with any supporting documentations, investigated and resolved problems associated with processing invoices and prepared batch check runs, wire transfers and ACH transactions
• Reduced local and international wire transfer charges by knowledge of bank requirements
• Researched and responded to inquiries (internal and external) regarding invoice status
• Analyzed and reviewed vendor statements and reconciled account discrepancies with vendors
• Key contributor to annual budget process, worked with various department heads to review historical activities, trends and future obligations
- AP Accountant at McCourt Global
- Staff Accountant at XO Group Inc
- Project Coordinator (Contract) at Time Warner Cable
- Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant at Creative Inks Designs
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Accounting
• Expense Reimbursement and Accounts Payable - Provide support in processing expense reimbursements in compliance with Company policy. Review expense reports, verify receipts and review expense items are submitted in the correct expense category. Prepare weekly reimbursement package for the team to process payment.
• Process AP invoice per company policy, attach AP invoices in the accounting system, prepare check run package for AP invoice on a weekly basis. Assist in monitoring the A/P and Expense mailbox, including researching and resolving vendor/employee inquiries.
• Month-End Close and Reconciliation. Provide support to the month-end close process for all assigned accounts, including completing the account reconciliation of assigned accounts within the required timeframe.
• Reporting. Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports. Maintain the appropriate security for all confidential information.
- AP Accountant at Interactive Fitness Holdings
- Xerox-AP Accountant at Palo Alto Research Center
- at Dermira
- at Care2.com
2 months at this Job
- BA degree - Business Management
Enter AP Invoices, pay invoices weekly by check and by ACH. Send ACH remittance information to vendors. Reconcile vendor statements. Communicate with vendors regarding missing invoices. Communicate with receivers when items are not received into system when invoice is received. Communicate with purchasing agents when purchase orders are not processed correctly. Reconcile payables at month end. Answer phones and front door. Order office supplies. Used Visual Software, Excel and Word.
- AP Accountant at Tadano Mantis Corp
- Bookkeeper at Military Systems Group
- Accountant at Craighead Development
- Full Charge Bookkeeper at C & S Associates Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Perform detail review of general ledger accounts and posting, including bank reconciliation, fixed assets, and accrued liabilities.
• Post journal entries and ensure supporting documentation of expenses in Quickbooks.
• Analyze outcome and variance for financial reviewing
• Review month-end reporting and ensure financial accuracy.
• Engage with various internal clients and external suppliers for discrepancies.
- AP Accountant at Peloton Technology, Inc
- Accounting Intern at Apigee Corporation
- Student Office Assistant at San Jose State University Department of Civil Engineering
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Three way matching, Process international and domestic wire payments, Process payroll wires, Scan wire payments into drop box, Enter wire payments & payroll entries into Quick Books, Financial forecasting updates, Assist in month end close reconcile and analysis of Balance sheet & P & L, Reconcile petty cash, Reconcile bank statements & check register, Monitor bank accounts, Compile weekly email for company President, detailing weekly expenses & banks balances, Design training materials, Supervise & train Controller & Senior Accountant, in international A/P procedures.
- Accounting Specialist-AP Accountant at Seibo
- Accounting Specialist - AP Accountant at Vaco, Robert Half, Accountempts
- Accounts Payable Specialist at Southbay Ford
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Prop Tax, Insurance
6 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Accounting
* Applied cash for 3 locations CPX, MMC, and Carroll Clean. * Responsibilities included closing the receivables at months end. * Duties also included processing open invoices per the AP aging report. * Fulfilling and Billing invoices for CPX, and MMC. * Overlooked the Credit process for new customers. * Initiated (ACH collections) via Chase Bank for online and warehouse base customers.
- AR/AP Accountant at Carroll Clean LLC
- Vendor Recovery AR/AP Specialist at Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits
- AR Specialist at STMicroelectronics
- AR Collections Specialist at REDDY ICE Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Receive all online payments and wires and approve orders for ship out.
• Enter all new invoices for our vendors and schedule payments accordingly.
• Work with carriers on claims and damages during shipping.
• Credit card reconciliation and filing, maintaining daily financial spreadsheets, managing the bank deposits daily, and entering journal entries for posting.
- AP Accountant at Human Touch, LLC
- Office Manager at Route 66 Marine, LLC
- Transportation Coordinator at Schneider Logistics
- Office Manager at Vozzcom, Inc
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Accounting Program
• Held close relationships with roughly 100 vendors, insured all their needs or concerns were met.
• Reviewed contracts and audited all incoming invoices to insure accurate payments, and monitored outgoing payments, working directly with the CFO.
• Reason for leaving: Temporary Position through FGP staffing agency.
- AP Accountant at Arcpoint Occupational Solutions
- AP Accountant at Sourcelink
- AP Accountant at Weekes Construction
- AP Accountant at Commercial Foodservice Repair Inc
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
- Economics degree - EDUCATION