RF Industries, Ltd – AP Specialist – 2006 to present Under direct supervision of Accounting Manager, currently my main role is Accounts Payable however in the absence of the Accounts Receivable, I take over some of his responsibilities, Responsibilities include
• Review invoices, expense reports and disbursement requests for proper authorization
• Review and validate coding on invoices, credit card statements, and disbursement requests for accuracy
• Process invoices and disbursement requests
• Statement reconciliation and vendor communication and resolution of issues
• Perform month end close duties and accruals
• Prepare and file annual 1099 misc, 1096 and 3921 forms.
• Maintain an organized file of all payment disbursement and fixed assets
• Process weekly check run, wire payment (domestic and international)
• Other duties assigned such as registration to Department of Revenue Services of other states for payment of corporation tax and state business license. taxporation tax
- AP Specialist at RF Industries, Ltd.
13 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration - Marketing and Finance
Van Nuys, CA
AP Specialist/Administrative Director
• Maintained and controlled the General Ledger accounts and business transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Bimonthly presented Current AP List to President of Company.
• Completed Accounts Payables tasks including general ledger coding, routing of invoices to secure appropriate approvals, allocating cost based on annual budget, financial posting, and check disbursements.
• Served as primary contact for vendor inquiries and account reconciliations.
• Responsible for credit card payments and account reconciliations, and vendor file maintenance.
• Developed budgets that accompany request for grants and major gifts.
• Prepared annual cost reports for funding sources to ensure compliance with funding source requirements.
• Assisted the Auditor with annual audit.
• Prepared analytical financial reports for auditor - provided documents and files for audit purposes.
• Supervised Administrative Staff - A. Part time assistant who matched credit card receipts with Account Issued Checks and Prepared for the President's and Treasurer's signature. B. Donor Relations Database Operator who ensured all donations were properly allocated and recorded into database, addressed errors as they arose.
• Payroll and HR Duties
• Ordered supplies for entire facility, i.e. kitchen, breakroom, offices.
- AP Specialist/Administrative Director at Children of the Night
- File Maintenance Clerk-Retail/Front End Service at Kroger Inc
- Substitute Teacher/After School Program Leader at Kelly Educational Staffing
- Perch Counselor at Berkeley County School District
1 year at this Job
Arlington Heights, IL
• 2012-Present Domestic marketer and importer and exporter of industrial raw materials and chemicals AP SPECIALIST AND MANAGES OFFICE FUNCTIONS AND BUILDING MAINTENANCE.
- AP SPECIALIST AND MANAGES OFFICE FUNCTIONS AND BUILDING MAINTENANCE at Okaya USA
- BILLING COORDINATOR at LifeLine Ambulance LLC
- HUMAN RESOURCES AND GENERAL AFFAIRS REPRESENTATIVE at
- ACCOUNT MANAGER at Banco do Brasil
7 years, 8 months at this Job
High School Diploma (Jun 1990) Audit AP batches Process incoming manual checks Open & distribute Mailer's (daily sales reports for 9 restaurants)Vendor Statements Contract invoicesUtilitiesExpense ReportsUpsellsAssist in monitoring vendor emailAnswer incoming phone callsWeekly Check runsMail all checks, standard, priority, FedEx
- AP Specialist at Specialty Restaurant
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Communicate with vendors regarding department new polices to adhere to receive payment
• Set up vendors and customers, insuring all appropriate documentation is attached and verified
• Maintain both email boxes for Take 5 AP department, and sort and handle AP mail daily
• Keep track and issue customer refunds via ACH or Check requests weekly
• Research inquiries, provide status updates on statements, and resolve invoice discrepancies
• Create batches for payment; post GL coding; process debit memos via MAS500; mail checks
• Copy, scan, file, and sort A/P records; generate 1099 depending on type of W9
- AP Specialist at Driven Brands
- Assistant Account Manager at EADAH's Properties
- Project Lead Management for OSP Green Initiative at WFBMC CTSI-Office of Sponsored Programs
- Assistant Research Administrator Coordinator at WFBMC CTSI-Office of Sponsored Programs
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Posting high volume invoices for subcontractors, direct materials, G&A, COGS and intercompany. Coded invoices with applicable GL account for non-direct and direct. Assisted weekly check run by capturing all due invoices posted in open AP. Reconciled vendor statement for account updates.Provided all inquiries associated to vendor accounts and performed problem solving issues applying the T account analysis.
- AP Specialist at One Diversified
- Temporary AP Specialist for government contract accounting at CSRA/General Dynamics
- Temporary AP Specialist for government contract accounting at DMI Inc
- Temporary help at Valador Inc
6 months at this Job
• Assumed responsibility for the accounts payable and/or accounts receivable process in temporary contract position(s).
• Embraced staff accountant duties by compiling and recording asset, liability, revenue and expense journals
• Monitor AP mailbox and handle all inquires, code and enter 3 way match invoices, and expense reports; route to appropriate approved
• Reduced backlog of AP invoice processing by 98%; initiated procedure for creating new vendor records
• Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling bank statements, credit card transactions and reassess accrued expenses
• Review reconciliation reports and prepare journal entries for cash and prepaid account
• Form payments by assigning account numbers and proper authorizations
• Process weekly AP check run, review vendor statements for past due invoices and credits
• Resolved months of backlogged work, restored order and organization to processes/records in disarray, researched and solved billing problems and corrected errors
- AP Specialist at Staffing Agencies - Consulting Engagements
- Accounting Clerk at Christian Community Health Center
- AP Coordinator at Chicago, IL
- Team Lead at Chicago, IL
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- AS - Busn Adm/Accounting
- BS - Accounting
• Responsible for the full cycle of Accounts Payable for multiple companies within Steelhead, including three-way matching for assigned purchase orders, invoice processing, check selections, check runs, positive pay and the approval and execution of ACH and Wire transfers.
• Managed all AP mailboxes and routed invoices accordingly. Examined invoices to ensure proper approval and accurate GL coding prior to processing.
• Managed expense mailboxes and reviewed expense reports for proper approval, including the collection of receipts.
• Handled vendor inquiries, reconciled vendor statements, researched and provided a resolution to Accounts Payable issues.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the vendor master database and for the collection and maintenance of W-9s.
• Sorted and distributed incoming mail.
• Responded and directed telephone inquiries and greeted customers and visitors.
• Collected, logged and deposited checks daily.
• Prepared and posted customer invoices and transmitted to customers.
• Solicited cash collections in a professional matter on past due invoices and resolved customer deductions.
- AP Specialist at Holding Co
- Financial Administrator at Dental and Vision Insurance
- Accounts Receivable Representative at American Pharmaceutical Services
- Accounts Receivable Clerk at Seymour of Sycamore
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
· Process, vouch, and post items in Sage500 · Enter up to 100 invoices per day in Docuware software · Collaborate with over 30 stations across the U.S. regarding accounting related problems · Bank reconciliations · Manage vendor accounts on a national level and kept positive relationships · Worked closely with Corp Acct on various projects · Process final checks · Frequently handled “RUSH” assignments · Hosted conference calls with various station managers and personnel · Processed claims and refund payments · Managed employee reimbursement claims and Chrome River software · Trained other AP staff · Processed capital lease payments
· Process, vouch, and post items in Sage500
· Enter up to 100 invoices per day in Docuware software
· Collaborate with over 30 stations across the U.S. regarding accounting related problems
· Bank reconciliations
· Manage vendor accounts on a national level and kept positive relationships
· Worked closely with Corp Acct on various projects
· Process final checks
· Frequently handled “RUSH” assignments
· Hosted conference calls with various station managers and personnel
· Processed claims and refund payments
· Managed employee reimbursement claims and Chrome River software
· Trained other AP staff
· Processed capital lease payments
- AP Specialist at St. George Logistics
- AP/AR Clerk at Empire Cleaning Supply
- BT Receiving Associate at Macy's
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
• Manage full-cycle accounts payable processes: setting up new vendors, Credit Card requesting Forms W-9, processing vendor invoices and preparing payments Reconciliation (checks, ACH, wires) in Agresso Check Run
• Record Journal Entries Purchase Order
• Collect and code receipts for credit card transactions Inventory Control Contract Negotiation
• Prepare and perform Check runs
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Process employees expense reports in accordance with company policy
• Review AP Aging Report and make payment timely
- AP Specialist at Mondee Inc
6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Applications