Assistant Program Manager for the Application Development & Maintenance Office, which manages all application development, architecture and governance processes; as well as the supervision of over 50 development resources for strategic-level projects and technologies supporting natural resource management data support. Responsible for solution engineering complex processes and legacy information technology capabilities into adaptable, and modern enterprise capabilities. Managed a group of strategic and tactical teams that generated application portfolio policy, while identifying successful ways to implement policy across the organization that touches multiple major investment areas for the Forest Service and Department of Agriculture as a whole.
• Led the team establishment of an organizational Solution Architecture for modernization of over 60 legacy software applications of various technologies, and to pioneer modernization into a simplistic technology stack to control cost and maintenance of the application suite. Established processes, management oversight and accountability to software development activities to influence and organize a large development workforce into practical and modern IT organization practices.
• Created a common operating picture of the total organizational climate through drafting & initiating an Employee Climate Survey, independents from the Federal Viewpoint Survey. This survey allowed for leadership to confirm preconceived notions, identify company culture norms & behaviors, and created a channel for employees to share ideas and concerns in an open platform that held leadership accountable for future organizational strategy and leadership decisions.
• Drafted & created a major restructuring plan to reduce 10 resource allocation processes, 20+ project and maintenance teams and organizational structures for matrixed personnel into a 21st Century IT projectized model that reduced the complexities, internal processes and needed staff for efforts; which was well received and resonated with executives.
• Created an interagency resource sharing program between like-minded IT organizations (such as Forest Inventory Analysis), to allow cross-pollination of IT Specialists and Program Specialists to receive outside exposure, which created and fostered a level of trust between organizations and allowed employees the freedom to increase career skills mutually
- Application Development Manager at US Forest Service
- Assistant Director for the Chief Information Officer at US Forest Service
- Cyber Defense & Signal Corps Officer at US Army Reserves
- Policy Program Manager at US Federal Protective Service
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Information Technology Management
- Master of Science - Strategic Security
- Bachelor of Science - Intelligence
- Associate of Arts - Business Administration
• Developed/maintained systems, integrations and Single Sign-on user portal solutions. ◦ .NET, PHP ◦ Cloud based (Azure)/Single Sign-on (SSO) * Developed Administrative suite to manage users, access, company subscriptions ◦ Data Encryption ◦ SQL Server (2008R2, 2012, 2014 and even a legacy SQL2000 system) ◦ PowerShell Scripting / Active Directory
• Enhanced Outreach System ◦ Wrote application to evaluate participant compliance for healthcare incentive program. Messages sent to participants based on provided criteria (SMS, email, or automated voice call, depending on communications preference selected by client) ◦ Developed interface to allow companies to personalize options such as the messages, participation status, spouse/dependent participation. ◦ Developed webhooks to track all activity involving email campaign responses
• Promoted from Developer role to Manager
- Application Development Manager at Healthstat, Inc
- Consultant at National Crime Information Center
- Sr. Financial/Admin Applications Developer at Palmetto Health
- Web Sales Director at NaturChem, Inc
3 years, 4 months at this Job
• Manage and organize scrum teams of Developers, Functional Analysts, Architects, and Engineers towards the goal of developing and customizing in-house and COTS software applications to support labs/service centers.
• Accountable for managing alignment with Group IT Technology Roadmap and ensuring appropriate tooling, training, and adoption.
• Responsible for measuring and achieving Application Portfolio satisfaction with the Product Manager.
• Ensure efficient staffing structure and performance.
• Foster morale and teamwork, developer-driven initiatives, collaboration with support team.
• Responsible for enforcing Code Quality standards, Technical Roadmap Strategy, building cross- functional developers (Desktop, Web, and Mobile), intelligent and compliant Architecture, gatekeeper of technical sensibility.
• Maintain constructive and efficient relationships with Product and Service Operations teams.
- Senior Application Development Manager at Eurofins
- Project Manager and Lead Developer at AVAR
- Distribution Supervisor and IT Engineer at Nissin Foods
5 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Professional Studies - Mathematics and Computer Science
• Manage team of 13 application developers while leading projects with 10 to 50 additional staff including business analysts, quality analysts, architects, developers, shared services, vendors, and business unit resources
• Responsible for delivering enterprise-level technology projects with budgets as high as $36 million
• Oversee third level, 24x7 support for multiple mission critical applications across different platforms while developing custom software solutions through releases and projects
• Collaborate closely with senior business and technology management to define project priorities and objectives that range from efficiency improvements, cost reductions, regulatory compliance, and technology modernization
• Managed project that developed a custom application that provided workflow and analysis tools for aircraft telemetry data which reduced operational costs by $4 million annually
• Selected and implemented Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) Platform for UPS as an enterprise solution while deploying self-service BI tools to the UPS Airline
• Delivered near real-time aircraft history analytics solution that saved UPS $3 million annually
• Chosen for special assignment team that trained over 200 technology professionals on the UPS Systems Development Methodology and monitored implementation of methodology to new and in-flight projects
- Application Development Manager at UPS
- Software Consultant at Manhattan Associates
17 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Industrial Engineering, GPA - 3.39
Led 4 person team in the design and development of major releases to an insurance rating system. When team was reduced, assumed the workload and responsibility for the entire project for 4 years. This included requirements gathering, design, documentation, development, testing and debugging.
• Developed an automated renewal process, resulting in an estimated $300,000 savings annually. It also permitted my organization to provide critical data to our customers in a much timelier manner.
• Developed a "one click" output process that enabled system users to submit a large amount of reports with a single click, rather than submitting each report individually. This saved our Underwriting and Sales team significantly in time and resources.
• Led development effort to create functionality that allowed our business partners to control rating data via a UI. This resulted in the reduction of 8-10 production releases annually.
• Led development effort to migrate all application code to Windows Server 2012 and all databases to SQL Server 2012. This was accomplished with no impact to regularly scheduled releases
- Application Development Manager at CIGNA
- at CIGNA
- Business Application Senior Specialist at CIGNA
- at PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL
7 years at this Job
Currently managing a multi million dollar initiative (over 4 years) to rewrite the cash management suite of Treasury Services called Access Next Gen (ANG). Key contributor to the overall IS strategy and application roadmap for treasury services. Primarily responsible for the push to adopt open source technologies and frameworks across treasury services. Primarily responsible for defining the application development strategy across ANG using Java, J2EE, DOJO/AJAX (Access Next Gen). Implemented Agile and Test driven development methodologies across the team resulting in drastic reduction in technical debt across the team. Managed very large teams comprising of both internal (Onsite and Offshore employees) and external (Onsite and Offshore contractors) resources. Managed the complete lifecycle including requirements determination, prototype development, design, implementation, testing and maintenance. Responsible for building credibility, contributing to the product roadmap in collaboration with the business, establishing rapport and maintaining communication with stakeholders at multiple levels. Responsibilities include resource planning, estimation, task assignment, tracking, staff recruitment, defect management, performance management and ensuring work quality. Successfully delivered three of the largest products in the ANG (Access Next Gen) suite of applications, namely the Report Center (Business intelligence reports using Actuate Birt), Statement Center and the Enterprise reporting engine (using Open Source BIRT, Mule, Active MQ) applications on time and within budget. The Statement Center application was used as the benchmark for future projects across ANG (Access Next Gen) as a result of the path breaking technologies and architecture used. The Enterprise reporting engine is a custom built reporting/visualization platform for the whole of corporate investment banking. The system runs around 200000 reports on a day to day basis saving the company 2 million dollars in licensing costs per year. The product is now being pushed as the reporting tool of choice across corporate investment banking. BIRT/Mule(ESB)/Quartz are the man components of the technology stack. Currently engaged in phase 2 of the Enterprise Reporting Engine project which would result in an additional million dollars in licensing costs for the organization. Established standardized processes for development, documentation and quality which resulted in a major reduction in defects and improved stability. The Statement Center application had the lowest defect count of any project in ANG to date.
- Application Development Manager at JPMorgan
- Project Lead at JPMorgan
- Development Manager at Clear Communications
- Project Lead at PriceWaterHouseCoopers
15 years at this Job
- MBA - General Management
- B.S - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Software engineer supporting clients with a focus on Cloud Enablement.
• Creating new full stack application with client to teach them how to work in Extreme Programming / Agile environment including extensive focus on paired programming.
• Working in Agile environment to add new features to extensive software base while at the same time migrating application to new Cloud architecture.
• Prepared training classes for new hires on AWS, Agile and Extreme Programming
- Application Development Manager at ACCENTURE
- FIRST Senior Mentor (Volunteer) at FIRST
- Software Engineer - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff at NOKIA
- Lead Developer/Architect at Alcatel Lucent
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
- Partnered with the Ex-CEO of FieldSync to bring a receipt management package back to market. Then led the creation of a team to build a job-matching application. - Personally architected and developed the MVP proof of concept that would be used to demo to customers. This was done using a MAC and PC with Xamarin and Java studio to develop RESTful APIs and the interfaces to consume them. - The distributed architecture relied on AWS for storage/infrastructure, with minimal requirements from the mobile UX. The mobile UX was Ionic, and we were using Angular for the Web UI. - Used an Agile methodology to manage and lead two development teams, one off-shore and one local, including testing, through the development of an MVC and Xamarin mobile application platform. The teams developed the UI while I was adapting my API and data backend to suit their needs. - Responsible for interfacing with share/stakeholders, architecting the desired feature set as it was being discussed. - Product manager responsibilities using Jira/Agile, in coordination with a local project management team. - Planning and implementation of features identified "on the fly" during demos and product reviews, including demoing the functionality to the board. Which was followed by keyboard time to develop the functionality that was just promised. - Interviewed and assembled two different development teams, one on-site and one off-shore, building on the talent set required for a well-rounded development effort. - Responsible for setting and meeting an aggressive series of milestones. - Direct reports: 10 on 2 parallel teams as an owner with primary responsibility for hiring. Reported directly to the board. - Technologies utilized: Agile, AWS, Azure, C#, Ionic, Angular, PostgreSQL, S3, TypeScript, etc
- Enterprise Architect / Application Development Manager / Co-Founder at (Startup)
- Technical Operations Manager at DealerMine Corp
- Senior Software Engineer / Application Architect at DealerMine Corp
- Enterprise Architect / Team Lead / Manager, Shared Services Support Team at DealerMine Corp
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Some college
(In addition to responsibilities for Lead Technician)
•Developed diverse technology solutions to improve workflows in recruitment, field service, asset management, communications
•Oversaw all phases of development of new technologies from inception to implementation and training
•Designed and implemented new inventory management procedures
•Created internal training documents and procedures through independent and collaborative methodologies
•Handled troubleshooting and technical assistance for all technicians across 5 time zones and 11 states
•Documented all tech support requests and appropriate resolutions for future reference
•Dispatched service requests to appropriate technicians
- Application Development Manager at EcoWater Systems of Moscow
- Lead Service Technician at EcoWater Systems of Moscow
- Field Service Technician at EcoWater Systems of Moscow
- Shift Manager at Starbucks Coffee Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- None - Communications
- None - Rhetoric
- High school
Amazon Web Services, Herndon, VA April 2017-July 2018 Joined Amazon to learn about microservice development and implementing AWS cloud services from the inside. Led an agile (with scrum) team of engineers that developed and implemented microservices in the billing infrastructure for the AWS cloud environment. As product owner, developed and maintained SaaS and B2B capabilities including AWS’s Cost Explorer, Budgets tools, Billing Dashboard, Pricing tools and RI reporting tools ( https://aws.amazon.com/aws-cost-management/). ·Developed 32 microservices in Java, Ruby and Python, on Linux and employing EC2, S3 buckets, SQS, DDB, RDS, Lambda, ElastiCache, Redshift, Cloudwatch, Data Warehouse, Tableau, etc. ·Coordinated deployment and 24x7 maintenance of 138 commerce platform microservices with development teams around the world for a classified network.
- Application Development Manager at Amazon Web Services
- Program Manager for Engineering and Ops Services at CACI INTERNATIONAL
- Director of Development & Operations at MANTECH INTERNATIONAL
- Technical Director at MANTECH INTERNATIONAL
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- M.S. - Computer Engineering
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering