As lead application support engineer for a small SaaS company, I was responsible for all support domestic and international. Always on call I provided assistance at all hours via phone, email, text and remote access for hardware, software and connectivity issues. · Managed installs and updating of proprietary SaaS apps on mobile devices via Cisco Meraki MDM · Would troubleshoot proprietary desktop applications as well as web and html5 apps · Worked with developers to root out bugs and improve the UI · Assisted users at all levels including C suite · Liaised with outside IT departments to resolve issues under client’s control · Identified complex hardware and software issues related to third party drivers · Resolved connectivity issues · Was responsible for VOIP app used for all support calls · Familiar with all remote access applications · Accustomed to supporting users that do not speak English using Google Translate · 95% of all support issues resolved on the first contact · Maintained support database · Onboarded and trained new users in use of applications · Supported the office phone system · Reset user passwords and resolved login issues
- Application Support Engineer at Nextx, Inc
14 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school
Technical Exposure: Operating System: UNIX/LINUX, WINDOWS. Database: Oracle 10g. Language known: SQL, Shell Scripting. Tools: Autosys, Sql developer. Putty, Service now Projects Experience: Project#2: Project Summary: Title: Client Server Operations(CSO) Client: CIBC(Canadian imperial Bank Of Commerce) Software: Putty, ITRS Ticketing Tool: Service Now, Remedy Team Size: 10 Project Type: Support and Maintenance (L2) Project Description: The project is basically a financial firm responsible for Sales, Trading, Advisory, and Acquisitions. It's the client-facing part of the firm which focuses on purchases and sales of investment products to benefit the company and its clients. We render support to the client how to flexible the share market environment. Basically we are supporting the tools used by firm and the business issues facing by the client.Basically we are supporting the application like user connectivity, alogthiram trading, exchange connectivity, risk application, Direct market access, Cash, delta one Roles and Responsibilities: Monitoring batch and interface process and take remedial action wherever necessary according to pre-defined SLA. Production support incident logging and tracking, and provide MIS and Trend Analysis. Liaise with it infrastructure to resolve data base and infrastructure issues. Automation of tasks using UNIX, Shell Scripting. Respond to report requests, database queries and client queries. Ensure scheduled activities are undertaken. Ensure that procedures and processes are adhered to attending business meeting as required. Creating the indexes on table columns based on the column cardinality. Finding out the root cause of performance SQL Queries and resolving accordingly. Optimizing the SQL queries. Performing SOD and EOD check outs Working on Autosys to Schedule jobs and performing actions on job Modifying the existed files as per the business logic. Writing the new JIL programs and monitoring the jobs those scheduled by Autosys. Scheduling the jobs using crontab Performing the monthly, weekly activities and validating the data using the existed reports. Generating Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports. Project#1: Project: Detect Management Client: British Telecom Role: Support Engineer Environment: Unix/Linux Description: Detect management is one of the renowned products in telecom domain which helps service providers to identify Risk and increases their revenue. Detect Management System (DMS) implementations, prevents your customers from fraudulently using your network assets. The solution helps your organization detect and analyze Risk perpetrated on all types of networks, provides decision support and recommends countermeasures to combat Risk. The three primary functional features of the solution include detection, analysis and investigation. Each component plays a critical role in detecting, analyzing and responding to fraudulent activity. FMS can be customized to the individual carrier's unique business and operator policies via the GUI. With Detect Management the user can do the following: Perform more extensive investigative analyses to detect and dissect fraudulent behavior Protect your brand integrity by protecting your customers from erroneous bills Benefit from a fraud solution that can readily scale and adapt to your company's expansion into new revenue streams Roles and Responsibilities: My role is L1 support engineer. Monitoring and providing support to Linux Servers. Resolving the tickets based on SLA. Forwarding to L2 team if fix is required. Handling the issues related to installation, update, configuration, operations or performance. Customizing the tasks according to customers' requirement using Shell scripting. Updating the customer's progress. Writing shell scripts to automate various tasks and monitoring. Implementing new concepts and idea to sharpen and fasten day-to-day works. Analysis and troubleshooting of issues in Production environment and resolve the issues.
- Application Support Engineer at ContinuServe Softech India Pvt Ltd
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.TECH - Computer Science
• Working on Power Kiosk applications.
• Reviewing logs from player swipes and gateway call logs.
• Working with Zendesk support
• Working on the SQL DB to review reported issues.
• Working on the server setup to run the power kiosk application.
- SR. Application Support Engineer at Atrient
- SR. Application Support Engineer at Link Technologies
4 months at this Job
- Associates Degree in Computer Engineering - Computer Engineering
Technical Support Engineer
• Working on change/ service requests as per customer and SLA requirements.
• Actively creating files and message flows along with supporting documents for the clients using the following tools: Visio, draw.io, etc.
• Communicating with Infrastructure team for proper management, and analysis of applications, and servers.
• Monitoring and supporting all alerts/events/notifications of Axletree applications for Production/Test/DR environments to end users of all multinational Banks and major financial firms.
• Exposure of using JAVA based In-house applications on daily basis.
• Participating in platform/application upgrades with various teams (Level 1 and 2 support, Network team, Infrastructure team).
• Updating and maintaining all support tickets on daily basis and communicating solutions directly to client/customers via different channels like emails and calls.
- SWIFT Application Support Engineer at Axletree Solutions Inc
- Security Engineer (Capstone) at DeVry University
- Field Service and support Engineer at Gandhi Automation Pvt Ltd
- Field Service and Testing Engineer at Arrow Digital Pvt Ltd
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
- Bachelor in Electronics and Telecommunications - Electronics and Telecommunications
- Masters of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
• Managed operational functions across Production Support, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and FTP transmission environments, including protocols such as PGP-encrypted files over FTP, SSH, Open SSL, and HTTPS Web front- end, using Tomcat and Connect:Direct for UNIX and Linux
• Experienced in setting up transmissions of Connect:Enterprise and Connect:Direct application for clients, while working with business and internal developers, and external clients
• Full responsibility for completing the migration of application from Solaris to Linux VCS High-Availability environment
• Participated in planning, installations, and implementations of transmission servers.
• Led operations associated with client transmission issues and troubleshot with vendors, networks, and businesses
• Created scripts in Unix for Client transmission reporting to management
• Mentored new teammates for Cross-training efforts.
- Application Support Engineer at Bank of New York Mellon
- QA Unix Engineer at Ricoh Corporation
- Client Services Support Consultant at
- Trading Server ID Security Administrator at IBM Global at JP Morgan Chase
13 years at this Job
- - Sociology/Psychology
- - Computer Science
Provide second-level application software support for multiple products. Analyze system errors and troubleshoot network, server, and database errors. Ensure the availability and functionality of company applications and database. Performed user account maintenance, managed incidents and provided resolution for end-users' technical challenges while troubleshooting hardware/software issues. Key Results: · Support complex applications with multiple web, application, and database servers, experience in SQL development, database reporting tools, and queries. Maintain knowledge of source control concepts/change management procedures. · Manage application upgrade projects: direct stakeholders on project implementation and configure system components. · Conducts training programs for users of assigned application: writes and/or revises user training manuals and lesson plans; provide information during and after training; and conduct one-on-one training sessions as needed. · Manage and oversee global project execution to include systems development, technical plan development, systems analysis, and technical design to support company-wide business processes. Professional Experience (continued)
- IT Application Support Engineer at MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS
- IT Service Desk Associate at Kelly Services
- BLS/First Aid Instructor, IT Technical Support at BABCOCK HEALTHCARE
- Financial Analyst at Hospital Corporation of America
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Cybersecurity
- Associate - Information Security & Technology
● Worked on a critical cloud migration project to move all the on-prem servers to Microsoft Azure cloud.
● Developed, documented, executed and performed RCA’s for yearly Disaster recovery tests for 20 key clients.
● Level 2 and 3 Technical Application Support of Payment products, PAYplusUSA and PARC.
● Monitor and ensure stability of Application and Implement/Automate SQL jobs on SaaS customer databases.
● Work on cases in Salesforce CRM with timeliness, accuracy and relevant information.
● Analyze application trace logs and Windows Server event logs to troubleshoot/fix issues and work with internal Dev, QA and Product Management teams to them.
● Lead installation, implementation and client coordination of testing fixes provided by Development for Production related issues; document work following change control protocol
● Create and maintain documentation pertaining to daily operations
● Participate in and sometimes lead infrastructure changes that relate to Payment products.
● Lead weekly meetings as an account manager for 4 different top 25 revenue clients to review support strategies and discuss resolutions of outstanding issues with product.
- Application Support Engineer at Finastra
- Application Support Engineer at JP Morgan Chase
- Applications Developer at JP Morgan Chase
- Summer Intern at DCM Data Systems
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.E. - Computer Science and Engineering
• Manage IIS, including load balanced applications, certificate monitoring, and deploying new sites & applications manually & via automated scripts and applications.
• Migrating applications from IIS 6.0 to 7.0 as well as IIS 7.0 to IIS 7.5.
• Working on providing security by configuring SSL certificates as well as authentication techniques.
• Worked on TFS (Team Foundation Server) for version control of the source code along with the maintenance of the builds, work items and the relevant documents of the same.
• Ensure SQL Servers are performing optimally. Run CPU utilization and query analyzer and performance metrics. Compare against performance metric standards.
• Manage table access and security.
• Monitor data and Log table sizes, purge if necessary or develop a purge schedule.
• Develop and implement archiving strategy.
• Performance tuning and monitor SQL Server TMP tables, compaction policies etc.,
• Maintain data partitions and data integrity.
• Ensure adherence to standards. Safeguard our production and staging environment by reviewing and ensuring that all deployments to production/staging are thoroughly reviewed and have passed QA process.
• Manage Information technology Budget and Upgrades.
• Ensure optimal functioning of Servers.
• Monitor Lab Environments.
• Monitor Capacity and Services.
• Informatica and SQL Server Backups.
• Install patches.
• Make sure servers conform to SOP standards (Standard Operating Procedures)
• Manage users, groups and permissions.
• Participating in 24x7 Application support On-call through Cisco Unified Communications.
• Develop and monitor Disaster Recovery planning and drill.
• Monitor Hardware status and functioning. Environment: Microsoft Azure, IIS 6.0/7.5/8.0, SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005, .NET Framework 4.0/4.5, Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio 2017
- L3 Application Support Engineer at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Principal Operations Engineer at Host Analytics Inc
- Application Systems Engineer at eBay
- at RealPage India, Pvt. Ltd
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Masters - Computer Science
- - Electronics and Communications Engineering
Team Size: 4
Environment: Unix, Linux
Tools: Bridge clarify, putty
DEDS (Data Exchange and Distribution System) provides BT with a strategic, secure interface for file
transfer with external organizations i.e. external communication provider. DEDS has around 20 BT
internal systems and more than 800 external customers to interact. All the traffic from BT to external
service provider passes via DEDS and vice versa. All service providers connect to DEDS server using FTP over SSL/TLS.
● Proactively monitoring the system and all live applications.
● Providing 24/7 on-call support.
● Resolving customer queries related to different products that application holds.
● Handling incidents raised on the application and looking to timely resolution off all such incidents within the prescribed SLAs (Service Level Agreement).
● Aware of Change management, Problem management and Configuration management and have practiced this during project.
● Doing live issue fixes and enhancing Unix shell scripts whenever required
● Representing team and attending calls for end to end release deployment
● Coordinating and handling conference calls with customer and different interfacing teams to resolve any query or issue
● Participating in any new requirement discussion with external teams and producing documents
● Carrying out live deployments, following-up and ensuring availability of system post-deployment.
● Creation and improvement of project related documents wherever required.
● Analysis of code for root cause analysis of issues.
● Responsible for arranging Knowledge transfer sessions for new team member
- Application Support Engineer at British Telecom Ltd
- at Tech Mahindra Ltd
- Technical Developer at British Telecom Ltd
2 years at this Job
- B.E - Engineering
- - Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths
• Subject Matter Expert taking on project and team lead responsibilities
• Utilize technology to improve business performance and strategy
• Anticipate and address potential issues before they become issues
• Develop Bash scripts to facilitate configuration changes impacting broad customer base
• Work with Content Advisory group leads to develop bash scripts to deploy standardized content
• Write SQLlite queries used by many applications in our software based on the specs dictated by our clinical analysts
• Identify, present and implement process improvement initiatives approved by leadership
• Provide mentoring and guidance to System Analysts and participate in onboarding process for new personnel
• Lead small groups to complete specialized projects
• Maintain DOD and VA High Risk Background clearance. Systems Analyst II
• Responsible for ongoing configuration and implementation of technical solutions at 37 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and 50 Department of Defense Hospitals
• Communicate with site System Administrators and other super users on a day to day basis regarding configuration requests, immediate issues, and current projects
• Provide front end user support as well as supporting back end configuration and data analysis
• Implemented new EHR product and supported go-live providing 24-hour support with new and existing clients
• Early Warning Dashboard/Population Management subject matter expert
• Assisted in developing data analysis for early detection of Sepsis and SOFA
• Provide bi-weekly training for Application Support Group on build updates
• Personal mentor/trainer for new employees
• Diagnose and trouble shoot HL7 interface issues
• Member of EHR Team responsible for converting server from the old product to the new EHR product and ensuring basic functionality
• Member of Lab Result View Team where we successfully installed and custom configured the lab result viewer at over 90 hospitals to improve provider workflow
- Application Support Engineer at CliniComp, Intl
- Application Support Analyst at ProHealth Physicians
- Laboratory Client Services and Marketing Representative at ProHealth Physicians
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology - Sociology