Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank - USA June 2017 - Present
Application Support Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Partner with functional areas within Technology such as Architecture and Engineering, Business Systems and Service Management (1st and 2nd line) to ensure Global Technology provides efficient and effective IT services and support to technology consumers
• Architect, build, configure and maintain CI/CD pipeline for APIs, UIs in Jenkins pipeline (parallel & dynamically), Automate Jenkins Plugin with external source like GIT/VTFS for UI deployment and Automate DB script deployment using Redgate SQL change automation, Configure & Release ( Change management) to achieve continuous improvement with CI/CD
• Configure application builds and automated deployments using the TFS/Jenkins Build and Release features using Agile and DevOps principles by adhering to the CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) pipeline principles.
• Building automation with PowerShell in Jenkins to schedule and services handler
• Management and troubleshooting of Middleware products on Linux environments. Knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), Java. Implement, configure and maintain ASP.NET applications with IIS webserver (application pool, web.config, IIS maintenance) and SOAP web services.
• Design Implement and Evolve IT Solutions for management of Corporate Action Management, Custody, FX, and Hedging. Support the use of Systems for Equity Finance Trading, Risk Management and Hedging such as Loanet and Execution Management Systems.
• To own the Release processes, identifying improvements and implementing them in collaboration with Project Managers, Development, DevOps and QA teams. evangelization of release-related DevOps best practices (CI, CD, automated testing)
• Plan, manage and stabilize releases, both big-bangs and Continuous Delivery according to Agile best practices
• Maintain a Release calendar of implementation phases and events, agree implementation plans to accommodate realistic implementation schedules and avoid conflict. Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Proactive monitoring and management of business critical 24x7 real-time, legacy application, data handling and data delivery infrastructure to identify issues, trends and potential problem areas. Where required to rectify issues in a timely fashion in order to restore application functionality.
• Design new release processed around ITIL methodology that meets the needs of the business, creates key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to drive continuous service improvement
• Help to manage overall prioritizations between production incidents/problems, releases, and new application implementation, Track progress of assigned tickets with a focus on meeting delivery deadlines and SLA's
• Identify problems and participate in problem management resolution by collecting and tracking data and progress. Resolve issues regarding on line transactions, system status and procedures, downtime procedures in accordance with the service level agreement.
• Ensuring incidents are correctly processed, assessing business and technical impact and severity.
• Taking ownership of application incidents and ensuring that they are resolved, this includes retaining ownership of incidents that require 3rd Line or IT Change activity to resolve.
• Strong experience with build automation, orchestration and dependency management tools such as Jenkins, Maven and Ant
• Ensuring the communication to the business community remains active.
• Work on Incidents/User issues, Perform code research and troubleshot the problem, Batch job issues and resiliency
• Monitoring of application events alerts, job schedules, capacity monitors and performance KPI's. Creation and ownership of change requests raised to address any of the above issues.
• Member of the Major Incident Management team, dealing with P1 incidents from fault logging to resolution and follow up Root Cause Analysis.
• Accountability for service reviews with business and other technology partners looking for area where services can be improved.
• Working with the Support Team Leads and Support Manager, contribute to the continuous support improvement process addressing failings with existing processes.
• Work to provide services to agreed Service Level Targets and Operating Level Agreements
• Assist in development of business processes and solutions to meet new business needs as they relate to product catalogue item setup
• Assists team in management of project expectation, deadlines and schedules with various stakeholders. Develop system specific KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to provide users / departments with detailed data analysis for important metrics within the PIM solution.
• Analyse enhancement requests and bugs to determine solutions that do not negatively impact other interfaces and products
• Own the delivery of Application Support operational activities to the Business and IT stakeholders Provide seamless support to the application users.
• Act as a subject matter expert on Lending/Non-Lending, Portal, Vendor Application and planning application and interface between financial planning and analysis users, production support, and Business Systems Management and Application Development teams.
• Ability to support multiple lines of businesses or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) technologies at global level with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
• Ensure audit related activities are completed accurately and timely.
• Measure and improve the level of adherence to the established ITIL processes and Compliance standards.
• Communicate events and their impact to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership and drive their tactical and long term resolutions.
• Prioritize production incidents, requests and problems appropriately, to maximize the output of the Production Support team and minimize service disruption
• Identify long term trends, prioritize RCA queues and work with Business Systems Management to prioritize development effort for periodic releases
• Complete understanding of the standard policy, ownership and implementation of the Incident, Request, Problem and Knowledge Management disciplines for Hyperion Applications.
• Assist/manage system updates and releases across environments for new features and functionality to Global Plus, Bancs CA/Income, GTX-Swift systems. Prioritize work for the team through structured prioritization and utilization of appropriate tools.
• Installing, administering and supporting trading system applications. Monitoring of processes, connections and trade flows.
• Manage and maintain all disaster recovery plans and oversee appropriate testing.
• Supervision of Swift compliance control, extranet application interaction, business process, unit assignment to internal application and configuration of transmitter codes (FIN/RMA)
• Actively participates with other members of the delivery team (Product manager, TPM, BA's , Dev and QA) to create solutions that meet business needs in an agile setting
• Monitoring of processes, application interface, message traffic, connections, and trade flows. Documenting and maintaining run-books and recovery procedures for applications and services
• Serve as SME on application support and liaise with other teams with regards to incident escalations, application rollouts, and integrating applications with production and nonproduction infrastructure
• Analyse issues quickly, walk them through to resolution, and accurately record details for other members of the team to reference in solutions. Collaborate with application developers and administrators on the team to eliminate bugs and fix preventable issues.
• Prioritize the respective changes, design the complete deployment request to implement in Production and Impact analysis using Service Now
• Accountable for the managing projects for vendor based application managed by the team, oversee that vendor related and activities meets banks expectations and standard/policies and address shortcomings
• FIX trading support and FIX connectivity production troubleshooting. On boarding new client, assisting certification of new release with clients. Communicating client requirements, issues and feedback regarding FIX specs and requirements
• Identify trends, prioritize root cause analysis queues, finalize preventive actions and work with the business service delivery team to prioritize development effort for periodic release
• Event monitoring and management via a 24/7 workbench that is both monitoring and regularly probing the service environment, and acting on instruction of a run book.
• Create scripts/code to integrate custom code changes into deployment/tracking tools and troubleshoot deployment issues.
• Day to day operations support, leading infrastructure maintenance and patch upgrade, assisting OTRS, service now ticket. Follow up on bugs and vendor to provide quick release
• Leading Release and change management approve all the UAT, PROD and DR schedule and expedite changes based on the risk calculator and impact analysis.
• Actively participates with other members of the delivery team (Product Manager, TPM, BA's, Dev and QA Analysts) to create solutions that meet business needs in an Agile setting (i.e., scrum ceremonies, collocated team, etc.)
• Provide product expertise for our Global Core Banking & Loans Platform, End to End ordination of Banking Applications integrated with partner applications
• Review all QA deliverables (Test case, Test data, Run plan, Test plan, Test Strategy) as per quality standards
• Defect Reporting (Jira/Bugzilla/Service now) and tracking as a Defect Manager.
• Understanding functional Gap's and guiding the team during test case design and execution.
• Integrate all the internal (Lending/Non-Lending) and portal application release to Jenkins to automate the release management across all the environments.
• Manage and configure TFS for source control, project management for agile software development and deployment.
• Complete understanding of the ITIL incident/change and problem management process and procedures
• Ability to debug/write shell scripts. Knowledge of Java Coding/Debugging. Ability to look at logs/stack trace to debug issues Technical Skill set:
• Operating system: UNIX, Linux, Windows.
• Tools: Unix VI editor, SVN, PL/SQL developer, Microsoft SQL server management studio, TFS, Webmin, WinSCP
• Database: SQL Developer Oracle 11g/12c, DB2, Microsoft SQL server management studio
• Domain Experience: Swift, Asset management, Custody admin, Corporate actions, Global Plus, FX, Future trade
• Ticketing tool: Service now(Change Management), Jira & Bugzilla (Defect tracking), OTRS (Incident management)
• Experience in FIX messaging protocols, SWIFT and other event messaging technologies (MQ), Market data feed
• Oracle utilities: External Table, SQL Loader, UTL Files, Oracle Trace files
• CI-CD tool: Jenkins, GIT, SVN
• Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Control M, AppDynamics, Solarwinds
• Batch scheduling tools: Autosys and Control-M
• Authentication protocol: LDAP, Multi-factor Authentication
• Proficient in logs/stack trace to debug issues
- Application Support Manager at Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank
- Application Support Team Leader at Ahli United Bank, UK & Kuwait
- Team Leader - Production Application Support at Ahli United Bank, UK & Kuwait
- Application Support Engineer at IBM India
2 years at this Job
A global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology. The Company's digital marketing suite, with a powerful data management platform at its core, provides an integrated suite of solutions that significantly improve digital marketing performance across all devices. APPLICATION SUPPORT MANAGER 2018 to date) ♦ Led the setup of the company's first dedicated product support team ♦ Implemented ITIL based incident management process ♦ Implemented Jira service desk
- APPLICATION SUPPORT MANAGER at IGNITIONONE
- LEAD CONSULTANT/OWNER at NexGen Technology Consulting
- HEAD OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY at Lafarge Africa PLC
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEAM LEAD at CareerBuilder LLC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's in Information Systems - Information Systems
- Master's in Business Administration - Business Administration
- BS - Information Systems
Responsibilities: Accomplishments: Treasury & Securities Services (OTP) ~ 60 users Central Technology ~ 100 users Card services ~ 120 users Asset Management M ~ 100 users Global Technology Infrastructure ~ 30 users in 2012, A total of about 400 new users were added to the FEA supported SCM tools (ClearCase or SVN). In addition to migration I have also accomplished the following $41,952 Annual License Savings by the reduction of 93 ClearCase and 72 MultiSite licenses TrueChange Migration accomplishments: (1) 1100 users were migrated. (Increased LOBs foot Prints) (2) 2000 TrueChange licenses were decommissioned. (about $250,000 Savings) (3) 559 TrueChange Repositories were either migrated or archived. (4) 3 Linux servers were decommissioned. PVCS Migration Accomplishments: (1) 900 PVCS users were migrated. (2) 780 PVCS License were decommissioned. ( A total of $500K saving) (3) Total 574 repositories were either migrated or archived.
• Support, Administer and Manage SVN, JIRA, Confluence, Git/Stash for all LOBs in JPM Chase.
• Manage a team of ten individuals within SCM support.
• Successfully migrate teams from Subversion to Strategic tool BitBucket (Stash/Git) (2018-2019)
• CDO SCM Migration Lead: This role supplements my efforts in helping AD-teams migrate from ClearCase, and other non-standard SCM tools to our strategic tools and also helping teams to reduce their overall cost on SCM.
• Successfully migrated the Ad-Teams to Solaris 10 and upgraded their ClearCase to version 184.108.40.206
• Successfully consolidate ALL SCM support to Level 1 support in India.
• After assuming managerial responsibilities I was able to lead his team from an historic GTI institution to the FEA support model while accomplishing three major migration initiatives.
• My effort surrounding the TrueChange and PVCS migrations represent 16% of the group's support base moving to the strategic platform and realizes an annual savings of 850K. By creating a process-oriented methodology, I was able to work with the program manager (Asadullah Hakim) to transfer the groups through targeted training, in-depth analysis, and without losses to scheduled deliverables. Due to these successes, he was also chosen to lead the CTO migration to Subversion. This effort ranges from groups with alternate SCM systems to those who have no system or processes.
• Helping AD teams migrate from their different applications to SVN from various LOBs. In addition to the migration efforts my team provides all the required training to help use the tools effectively from day one. Following LOBs footprints were added to FEA during this year.
• Migrated RATES users from noc-rates-dev1.ny.jpmorgan.com to FEA Supported Server.
• Migrated EQUITY users from eqad-nfs1.ny.jpmorgan.com to FEA supported Server.
• One of the major accomplishments that Ajay and team have achieved was to plan and execute the exit strategy of TrueChange and PVCS tools and migrated all projects to SVN.
Treasury & Securities Services (OTP) ~ 60 users
Central Technology ~ 100 users
Card services ~ 120 users
Asset Management M ~ 100 users
Global Technology Infrastructure ~ 30 users in 2012, A total of about 400 new users were added to the FEA supported SCM tools (ClearCase or SVN).
In addition to migration I have also accomplished the following
$41,952 Annual License Savings by the reduction of 93 ClearCase and 72 MultiSite licenses
TrueChange Migration accomplishments:
(1) 1100 users were migrated. (Increased LOBs foot Prints)
(2) 2000 TrueChange licenses were decommissioned. (about $250,000 Savings)
(3) 559 TrueChange Repositories were either migrated or archived.
(4) 3 Linux servers were decommissioned.
PVCS Migration Accomplishments:
(1) 900 PVCS users were migrated.
(2) 780 PVCS License were decommissioned. ( A total of $500K saving)
(3) Total 574 repositories were either migrated or archived.
- Application Support Manager V.P. at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Senior System Engineer at Motorola Inc
- Windows/UNIX System Administrator at Motorola Inc
- Systems Manager, Production Systems at WIZnet Inc
12 years, 5 months at this Job
- MS - computer Science
- BS - Computer Science
- AA - Computer Engineering
- Diploma - Computer Technology
Manage, coach, and mentor Level 1 support agents while also leading projects to improve department processes. Reporting and Data Analysis Workforce Management Global Recruiting & Training Subject Matter Experts (SME) / Swarm Methodology
Manage, coach, and mentor Level 1 support agents while also leading projects to improve department processes.
Reporting and Data Analysis
Global Recruiting & Training
Subject Matter Experts (SME) / Swarm Methodology
- Application Support Manager at SAP Fieldglass
- Project Manager / Team Lead - Customer Support at GROUPON, Inc
- Team Lead / Manager - Customer Support at GROUPON, Inc
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Theatre
Responsibilities included: the business needs of customers
• Managed technical team of 7-10 individuals and distributed talent appropriately
• Cut open support cases by 47% in the first quarter by implementing new and better processes for the team
• Deployed a campaign to upgrade customer applications - 50% of customers updated within 2 months
• Worked with the development team to identify and debug issues within our AWS environment
• Cut customer response times by more than 50% by executing new CRM methodologies
• Worked closely with Product Owners and Managers to modify and develop the SaaS software to better meet
the business needs of customers
- TrackIt Application Support Manager at Command Alkon, Oakbrook, IL
- Customer Success Manager at Command Alkon, Oakbrook, IL
- IT Project Manager at Porter Lee Corporation
- Warranty Administrator at Bredemann Ford
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Forensic Science & Biology
PROJECT MANAGER / APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST MANAGER
Zachry Industrial Inc., San Antonio, TX
• Led multiple project teams consisting of 25+ cross-functional internal and external members to successfully integrate acquired company processes/systems with existing legacy systems in the areas of CRM/Payroll/HR/Accounting/Estimating/Project Cost. (Companies integrated: Zachry Engineering, Zachry Nuclear Engineering, Commonwealth Engineering, JVIC and Ambitech)
• Orchestrated communication plans to keep all team members and stakeholders tied in to progress status, schedule of events/milestones, ongoing discussions, decisions and risks. Ensured successful completion of all projects on time and under budget. Projects varied from three to eighteen months.
• Directed multi-system, multi-phased project team consisting of over 25+ members over two year period in the implementation of fundamental change of Company Job number structure impacting over thirty-five application systems ranging from time capture, Payroll, HR, benefits, Accounting, Procurement and Project Controls. Successfully completed project on time and under budget.
• Led various project teams in the customization and implementation of software products and enhancements in various business units such as accounting, payroll, human resources, and information technology. GENERAL MANAGER / REGIONAL MANAGER Swingles Furniture Rental, General Manager, East Coast Region, Raleigh, NC
• Increased sales in my six locations (DC, Miami, Philadelphia, Raleigh, Charlotte and Virginia Beach) by over fifty percent. Responsible for the all sales and operations of branches in the East Coast Region.
• Turned around historically weak performing branches into profitable operations in part by drastically reducing the amount of asset loss in all branches and implementing efficient processes and procedures to improve customer satisfaction.
• Recognized by the CEO as a self-starter and producer by being assigned the additional duties of company transportation officer and company asset manager. OWNER/CEO Home On The Road, Inc. / BridgeStreet Accommodations Inc., Charlotte, NC
• Envisioned, planned and created corporate apartment company.
• Grew sales from zero to over six million dollars in under five years. Grew inventory from zero units to over five hundred while maintaining an occupancy rate over ninety-two percent.
• Developed all strategies and processes for inside/outside sales, marketing and operations.
• Achieved sales goals and target percentage of new revenue growth year over year.
• Generated business outside the local market to support other branch locations and function as a total resource for customers
• Adept at Identifying key decision makers for extended-stay travel
• Generated leads through various techniques including cold calling on the telephone, person-to-person meetings and networking with prospective and actual clients.
• Sold company and stayed on as a Regional Manager for the purchasing company: BridgeStreet Accommodations. US ARMY INFANTRY OFFICER Various Positions/Locations
• Served as Platoon Leader in the 3rd Armored Division after successful completion of the Infantry Officer Basic Course, Bradley Leader Course and Ranger School.
• Served as company executive officer, battalion liaison officer and company commander in Germany.
• Led Company to setting of USAREUR Bradley Fighting Vehicle Gunnery record.
• Served as Team Lead with the Bradley New Equipment Training Team responsible for training Active, Reserve and National Guard units. Trained units across the United States (Louisiana, Texas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Minnesota, South Carolina, Tennessee) and Korea. Graduate of Infantry Officer Basic Course, Airborne School, Ranger School, Infantry Officer Advanced Course, Instructor Certification Course and Bradley Commander's Course.
- Enterprise Application Support Manager at Zachry
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Civil Engineering and Management
As part of Production Support Services under the office of the CIO, managed root cause data collection, analysis, reporting, and executive review, for key production and enterprise impacting incidents. Three direct reports and two-three indirect.
• Developed new and sustainable processes to govern the collection, maintenance, and analysis of root cause data in supporting executive level presentation and review through metrics and reporting, remediating the need for a reliable means to monitor and measure changes in risk reduction.
• Coordinated and led weekly incident and root cause review meetings with stakeholders and senior leadership, including problem investigation, design and implementation reviews, systems and process analysis, and tracking of corrective actions or preventative measures. Contributed to a 30% reduction in the number of high impact incidents in the first year.
• Produced and presented executive level post-mortem reports for major incidents in alignment with and enterprise wide initiative to improve stabilize in the production and customer environments. Documented and tracked "lessons learned" directed post incident activity, as a means to inform improvements which helped mitigate future risks and promoted best practices.
• Improved team efficiency and performance quality by replacing staff with more appropriate skill sets and focusing on professional and technical growth through assignment, mentoring, and additional training.
- Application Support Manager at FANNIE MAE
- Enterprise Services and Systems Manager at ECS-FEDERAL
- Vice President, Systems Integration at TRANSACTION NETWORK SERVICES INC
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering Technology
• Manage EAS Staff of 7 with day-to-day management and direction, including internal and external resources. Tier 2 triage of all incident reports to determine corrective actions: application configuration, defect identification and correction, training needs.
• Secure applications by developing policies, procedures, and controls. Ensures data is protected and backed up.
• Manage vendor relationship with 3rd party PeopleSoft administration.
• Monitor application efficiency and maintain application performance by troubleshooting problems.
• Keep the senior information technology management team informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
• Work with IT Compliance Team and Internal Audit to ensure all policies, procedures, security protocols, any Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
- Enterprise Application Support Manager at Advanced Disposal
- Application Support Manager at Tideworks Technology
- Application Support and Project Manager at APM Terminals
- Project Manager at TNT Logistics and Robert Half Technologies
5 months at this Job
Manage a team of 9 people on a Production Support team
• Translate upper management goals into tangible tasks for the team
• Ensure all day to day tasks are addressed accordingly by use of weekly reports
• Maintain open communication with the Fannie Mae business and other technology teams to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely fashion
- Application Support Manager at FANNIE MAE
- Production Support Team Lead at Change, and Problem Management
- Developer at Business Objects universe enhancements
- Project Manager of Retained Attorney Management Network at Business Objects
7 years, 3 months at this Job
• Manages Incident/Problem/Change Queue for entire team including prioritization and resourcing
• Troubleshoot service outages and degradations for in-house developed applications
• Write and Update PowerShell scripts for use in Jenkins Automation Server
• Maintain configuration for various applications in SVN
• Write and update SQL queries
• Escalate bug tickets and issues to Developers
- Application Support Manager at Mattersight
- Lead Automation Analyst at Univita Healthcare
- Developer at Lehman Brothers Asset Management
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Computer Networking Systems
- - Mathematics