A financial services company with over 260 locations that are part of 14 locally managed banks in more than 135 communities in AR, KS, MO, and OK. With total assets in excess of $18 billion, Arvest is the largest bank in Arkansas in terms of deposit market share.
Application Support Manager (2012 - Present)
Lead teams of 6 - 8 people to provide Level 3 technical support for over 200 applications for 6,500 internal users and over 700,000 customers. Analyze organizational needs and goals for development and implementation of application systems. Monitor state and performance of applications and identified opportunities for future release. Create disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Coordinate with testing teams and business analysts to ensure sufficient testing for updates new releases for applications. Manage diverse team responsibilities including validation of operating system patches, creating support documentation, and application repackaging.
• Successfully released a new mobile banking application (Arvest Go) that offered enhanced features such as biometric and passcode authentication, Quick View, and push alerts.
• Implemented AppDynamics as Arvest's APM solution, providing end-to-end visibility into application transactions, which both increased uptime of key systems and reduced MTTR for errors and performance issues.
• Facilitated the implementation of Cherwell IT Service Management, allowing Arvest IT to take advantage of ITIL service operations processes including Incident, Change, and Problem Management, and Service Catalog.
• Coordinated a project spanning multiple departments to update Arvest application systems with new internal SSL certificates, and developed documentation regarding creation and installation of certificates on both Windows and Linux servers.
- Application Support Manager at ARVEST BANK
- Application Support Analyst at
- Scientific Research Technologist at UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS
7 years at this Job
- B.S. - Organizational Management
Manager of services owners supporting Dynamics Nav 2013R2, 09, 18 and all related corporate applications. Assist in project management for application development and enhancements.
- Senior Application Support Manager at Rentokil North America
- Finance & HR Applications Manager at Rentokil North America
- Systems Administrator at Kinsey's Inc
1 year at this Job
- Some college
Oversee support for all core applications supporting repair, parts and wheel sites for the GRS division of Greenbrier Companies. ✓ Supervise support staff in several functional areas-application support, technical support and report writing ✓ Provide project management for various department projects ✓ Advise upper management on strategic decisions with technology thru GRS division ✓ Work closely with technical and business resources to streamline processes related to ERP and accounting systems ✓ Provide system administration for most core systems as well database support in certain cases ✓ Limited programming and technical architecture setup ✓ Train user base on changes to software or in new functions/processes in software
- Application Support Manager at Greenbrier Rail Services
- Project Mgr/Software Consultant at Phoenix Systems
- Systems Analyst at Johnstone Supply
- Systems Consultant at Ochoa Consulting
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Applied Information Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Marketing Concepts
• Managed daily Production Support activities. Monitored, troubleshoot, prioritize and resolved Production requests within the Service Level Agreement parameters as defined by Change Management.
• Lead problem resolution, conduct root cause analysis and establish processes to help incident prevention.
• Perform timely escalation of critical issues and proactively identify patterns of recurring issues to improve production. Automate and streamline process using scripts and scheduling tools.
• Managed Change Management related activities for the project. This included engaging stakeholders in the change effort and ensuring they are ready to adopt the coming changes. Assess business readiness and support change adoption. Maintained change calendar, measured and report change progress,
• Provided tier one support to end users and highlighted bugs in the underlying product for the development team.
• Managed off-shore, onsite teams and allocate resources to timely resolve Production issues/incidents.
• Worked with development team to support QA team with new releases and code changes. Implemented change requests (enhancements & defect corrections) and ensured that coding standards are adhered to at all times.
• To prepare for company's transition to new Lean methodology, developed detailed Project Plan to transition multiple applications to new vendor. Transition was completed successfully from planning to implementation.
• Liaised between internal teams (Development, QA, DBA, Change management teams) to promptly resolve production issues / releases, meeting critical deadlines, and improving existing internal procedures
• Collaborate with management to improve and customize various reports on application status and other metrics
- Application Support Manager at AIG
- at AIG
- Project Lead at AIG
- Senior Business Systems Analyst at AIG
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Advanced diploma in Systems Management - Systems Management
• Managed the day to day activities of a team comprising of onshore and offshore application support resources in 3 global locations, serving as the company's primary point of escalation for internal and external end-user queries for the company's proprietary social media reporting platform and user interface and driving them to resolution using our incident management application Zendesk.
• Worked with the product delivery and engineering teams to develop vision, strategies and organizational plans to support new application features and enhancements
• Coordinated efforts of internal and external technical support staff in the creation and implementation of new system projects and in the support of existing production systems.
• Developed and implemented Tier 1 application support procedures and created an operational support manual along with training documents with a focus on ITIL practices.
• Assisted in the testing process and documented the tests necessary to ensure any new application releases met performance requirements.
• Minimized downtime and increased awareness of critical incidents by developing a internal Global IT escalation process and communication strategy.
• Coordinated problem & change management, to assure minimal or no service impact to end users.
• Tracked and measured vendor performance based on contractual SLA's to ensure objectives were consistently met with the highest degree of efficiency while monitoring ongoing expense control.
• Accurately documented issues to ensure a seamless escalation to our tier 2 & Tier 3 support engineers via JIRA.
• Prepared presentations and interactive data dashboards for the company to track specific application support performance KPI's and SLA's
- Application Support Manager at Unified Social
- Application Support Engineer/Account Manager at Efront Solutions
- Production Support Analyst (Contract) at Freddie Mac
- Application Support Senior Engineer at The Carlyle Group
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Fortune 50 company that provides hardware & software professional solution services.
Managed development and support of financial & transactional processing applications for a Fortune 500 client company. Supported over 50 users while managing up to 10 on-shore & off-shore resources. Participated in Steering Committee meetings with Senior Leadership to guide Business direction. Balanced day-to-day "lights on" support in addition to discretional spend projects to enhance the current systems as well as develop new solutions.
• Managed the implementation, configuration & migration of Oracle Financials 10.7 to 11i utilizing on-shore as well as off-shore resources.
• Implemented EDI so that vendors could be invoiced electronically, thereby reducing in-house resource costs.
• Created a custom process that allowed current back-office systems to collect dealer payments via ACH, thus reducing the amount paid the third-party lockbox vendors, as well as reducing in-house resource costs.
• Updated credit card Transactional Processing & Settlement. Immediate cost savings of $250K with additional potential annual saving of $750K.
• Produced an auditing application that reduced costs by $250K per year.
• Designed & implemented an audit reporting process in which the manor a dealer processes a credit card can be tracked, and thus incorrect behaviors corrected to insure the best possible interchange rates. Annual savings of $50K.
- Application Support Manager / Project Manager at Dell, Inc
- Jr Project Manager at Dell, Inc
- Analyst / Developer at Dell, Inc
9 years at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - Computer Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Aviation Management
Principal Manager for Tier 2 Application Support: Managed a team of 52 vendor personnel (onshore and offshore) providing 24x7 support of 186 mission and non-mission critical applications with system uptimes exceeding 99.99%. Team lead for Tools and Alerting Tiger team. Principal Member and lead tools consultant of Service Quality Management (SQM) team. Designer and senior member of database architecture team for Application Tools Inventory database. Oracle Production and Application Database Administrator (versions 3 through 9). Alternate Senior Technical Director (Sr. TD) on a regular basis over the last 10 years with all the duties and responsibilities associated with the position including: Provided individual and team performance reviews; Resume screening, initial interviews, and hiring recommendations. Participated in the general vendor negotiation for performance tool contracts. Provided initial capital and expense budget information for CA Wily’s Introscope and Symantec’s Precise database monitoring tool contract negotiations. Team Lead for Application Performance Management (APM) Tools team consisting of 6 geographically diverse employees which provided analysis, installation, administration, and technical support for multiple application performance tools. Performed Tools Rationalization analysis for all ITO supported monitoring tools resulting in a cost savings of $6 million annually. Designed and implemented disaster recovery environment in Test and Production for the Alarm Linkage Database.
- Principal Application Support Manager at AT&T
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer and Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Team manager and technical team leader
• Major incident management
• Controlling changes
• Manager in charge of Childline and Adults Helplines
• Leading and taking technical work in a team responsible for High availability mission critical systems running on Windows servers, Sql databases, IIs, Microsoft CRM, based on a mixed server, VMware server, Azure, private cloud and Citrix environment.
• Dealing with external support and hosting companies to complete updates and maintenance. Controlling critical changes
• Supporting specialist users and support teams
• Managing day to day running of the team and team members
- Application Support Manager at NSPCC
- APPLICATION MANAGER at Commerzbank AG
- DATA CENTER ENGINEER at Advantage
- at European Space Agency
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Media Technology, Geography and Environmental
Managed on and offshore support team providing support for Americas, EMEA, MENA, and APAC regions. Provided Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for customers and internal delivery and support teams. Provided server/client installations, troubleshooting and support for enterprise systems in Windows and Linux environment. Designed, developed, and deployed software to provide servers with inputs daily (Perl, Python, SQL, Java, Splunk). Provided help and support for QA team, including testing for complicated cases. Provided on/off site training for customers and TEOCO employees. Coordinated work with QA, R&D, technology, sales and marketing teams, participated in new features definitions and created documentation. Managed POC projects and provided maintenance services after initial installation.
- Application Support Manager at TEOCO CORPORATION
- Support&Delivery Manager of North America at SCHEMA INC
- On-site Delivery Engineer at SCHEMA INC
- Software Engineer, R&D at SCHEMA LTD
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics and Computers
Manage application processes such as configuration management, change management,
document management, training and governance.
• Provide expertise to multiple LOBs globally to share learning, deliver business benefits and drive business improvements through technology.
• Accountable for ensuring successful delivery of products/solutions supporting multiple
- Governance Application Support Manager at American International Group
- Governance Application Support Manager at American International Group
- Governance Analyst at American International Group
- Business Analyst at Bergen Regional Medical Center
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MS - Information Systems
- B.S. - Health Care Administration