Application Analyst, Summit Physician Services, Chambersburg, PA 17201. Responsibilities include: Establishing standards and procedures for application design and development for clinical and financial applications, creating educational and training material for computer applications, and participating in projects, teams, and upgrade to software. Providing ideas for improving end users work flow, ongoing training to employees in navigation, process, and functionality of software, and providing exceptional customer support via on call rotation and requests for assistance via helpdesk. Monitoring and troubleshooting server issues and building reports for quality incentives
- Applications Analyst at Summit Physician Services
- Clinical Quality Coordinator at Summit Physicians Services
- Lab Manager at Mont Alto Family Pracyice
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Some college
- - Emergency Medical Technician
- - Medical Terminology
Diagnostic Imaging (PACS/CPACS) Professional Highlights: Moved QA workflow back to the technologists enabling quicker Reads
by Radiologists (E.g. merges, splits..etc). Redesigned Radiologist workflow within the department for a more reliable and efficient environment. Instead of having the Radiologists
move to different read stations per modality, created standard worklists to view on a their
designated read station. Created a more comfortable feel while dictating as well as allowing
troubleshooting tactics to be more accurate for many hardware and software issues.
Configured the Radiologist read stations from a 2 box (pc's) solution to a 1 box (pc) solution,
thus eliminating the use of Synergy and constant reboots of the 2 pc's for successful integration of PS360 and PACS. Upgraded the Radiologists to new 6mp monitors utilizing only 2 video cards
with 6 monitors, while incorporating all of their PACS plugins, post processing apps and EMR
usage. Worked with vendors fixing issues that resided with the preceding PACS/CPACS Admins.
Documented Clinical workflows with redesigns, eliminating inefficiencies by working with several sub-IT departments. Pulled vendors in for system health checks and best practices
recommended workflow. Established reboot procedures/documentation as well as vendor
patching procedures and then moved them over to the IT Server/Networking Team. Brought in Desk Top Support Analysts to do hardware maintenance/troubleshooting where this workflow
did not exist, enabling the PACS Admin position to concentrate on issues with the software and workflow. Trained Lead Techs to be Super Users for their staff, thus eliminating a single point of contact with the PACS Admin role. Created easy to use instructions for techs for many clinical
workflow functions in both PACS & CPACS. Upgraded PowerScribe 360 2.0 to 3.5. Implemented
IntelliSpace Portal, INVIA and upgraded MRS to 7.2. Renovated the Radiologist Reading rooms with Steve's Anthro Desks, this meant a temporary reading area was devised and the transition
was seamless. Created a Teamwork environment instead of a single point of failure
environment. Revamped an outdated Knowledge base and shared knowledge with IT Teams. Applications Analyst III responsibilities:
• Daily monitoring of Application Servers, Archive Storage & Cache Storage and their connectivity.
• Daily monitoring of Process and Interface Health
• Technician, Radiologist & Super User Application Training.
• Troubleshoot Application Issues while working with Vendor and other IT departments.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, repair of Technologist and Radiologist Workstations and their associated peripherals.
• Trouble shoot patient CD ingestion.
• Daily Rounding with Radiologists.
• Monthly server reboots per best practices.
• Troubleshoot Application with Microsoft patching and other variables presented into the Managed Image
- Applications Analyst III at Marin General Hospital
- Network Systems Administrator III at Canadian Aviation Electronics
- Sr. Applications Analyst/Field Service Analyst Tier III at INTEGRIS Health
- Systems/Network Administrator at ASA/USA Softball
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates in Arts - Psychology
- Bachelor in Arts - Psychology
11110 Medical Campus Road Suite 20, Hagerstown, MD 21742 301-665-4533 Direct Supervisor: Alicia Deppen Fulltime Title: Clinical Applications Analyst Essential Responsibilities: 1. Responsible for optimizing assigned applications through development of new functionality and/or build of new tools, testing, and implemented vendor releases and system upgrades and fixing system defects. 2. Provide clinical/workflow and functional application analysis, define system requirements and use best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity. 3. Serves as a liaison between clinical users, clinical stakeholders, Hospital and Practice operations, and IS. Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Works effectively in supporting the integrated teams and customers with project and support activities. Actively participates and communicates in a timely manner with IS, project teams, stakeholders and users. 4. Works with cross functional teams and customers by providing education on system functionality and configuring new tools to increase end user productivity, promote patient safety and meet regulatory requirements within the applications. 5. Follows change control processes and ensures all project and support documentation are updated in a timely manner, develops, plans and executes testing for supported applications, and actively contributes to the knowledge repository. 6. Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, defines those problems and does a root cause analysis, investigates obstacles, gathers relevant information, decides whether solving the problem should be a group decision, generates and analyzes alternate solutions, arrives at a workable solution, effectively communicates the issue, status, timeline for resolution and outcome, and documents issue and resolution in issue tracking system. 7. Demonstrates that I am an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others. Shifts easily among differ support and project roles as required by situation. Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities. Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository. Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Applications Analysts and members of the technical teams. 8. Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members. Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally. Ensures technical environments, functional and technical specifications, programs, applications, and issues are adequately documented. Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions. Uses good judgement as to what to communicate, to whom, and appropriately deliver the message to the target audience. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Actively listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Clinical Applications Analyst at Meritus Medical Center
- Medic at Community Rescue Service
- Medical Assistant at Washington County Hospital now Meritus Health System
- Emergency Communications Specialist at Washington County Emergency Communications
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Health Informatics
- - Business, Management and Accounting
- - Federal Emergency Management
- - Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services System
* Responsible for the day to day operations of the Home Health Clinical Information System applications. * Worked closely with the departmental application/system analysts, domain lead analyst, Clinical analyst, Director of IS Physician Practice Services, Director Clinical Information Systems and Chief Medical Information Officer to maintain a stable and functional software application. * Developed and maintained the policies and procedures required to implement and maintain the clinical application. * Responsible for assisting with system troubleshooting and maintenance, software updates and related testing. Participates in system testing and validation by assisting in the development and maintenance of testing protocols, and coordinates testing with end users when applicable. * Supported the implementation and maintenance of clinical information systems applications. * Solved or escalated immediate problems in order to succeed on assigned projects and tasks
- Applications Analyst, EMHS at EMHS
- Clinical/Financial Informatics and analyst at VNA Home Health Hospice
3 years, 5 months at this Job
Project: Enterprise Resource Planning
The Great Lakes Water Authority is a regional water authority in the U.S. state of Michigan. It provides water and sewer services for the Southeast Michigan communities, including Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties, among others. Project designed to utilize ERP system to manage large numbers of user to access into financial system Responsibilities:
• Review and Analyze requirement to work with business analyst, Developer and others
• Performed functional decomposition of requirements for developing test cases
• Reported issue into the bug reported system and follow up with the development team till it gets resolved using DELL / Quest KACE
• Developed Script for automation framework, and execute into test environment and assist team for script development of automation based on requirement
• Test code developed / Execute in IDE environment using Eclipse for Selenium.
• Install, and configure test environment for Selenium
• Verified Test cases traceability and test coverage for requirement
• Developed and Executed UAT test cases with Functional requirement
• Performed the duties of an ERP Administrator (BS&A), by setting up user-access
• Maintained global configuration for the ERP system
• Assisted over 300 users / clients with various BS&A related issues using various remote assistance tools such as Skype and Bomgar
• Co-ordinate system level upgrades with vendor(s), infrastructure team, database management team, finance department, and other teams within the organization
• SQL queries for Oracle and MySQL databases to be used in conjunction with reporting tools such as Power BI, BI Publisher, and other reporting tools
• Created, maintained, and ran a number of UNIX / Linux Shell-scripts
• Assisted the FP&A team in data aggregation using python scripts to automate data in MS Excel for the purpose of creating pivot table(s) Environment: Linux, Windows, Quest KACE, ERP (BS&A), Sharepoint, Oracle 12c, My SQL
- Applications Analyst at Great Lakes Water Authority
- Electronics Technician at US Navy
2 years at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Information Technology
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems (In Progress)
As an Applications Analyst I was responsible for the support of our numerous customers throughout the United States. I worked directly with local public officials to understand business needs, and provide troubleshooting, problem solving, training, and solutions as needed. I frequently was involved in deep software research, using SQL and reviewing the code. Additionally, I prepared documentation for both internal and external software and business tools. Responsibilities:
• Research and analysis of production systems and issues
• Writing documentation of existing software
• Writing educational materials, such as training guides and user manuals
• Mentoring newer staff in customer service, time management, software functionality, and troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing of software issues
- Applications Analyst at CentralSquare Technologies
- Senior Applications Analyst at B. TrimarkUSA
- Project Coordinator at Medical Information Technology, Inc
- Applications Specialist at MEDITECH
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. in History - History
Recruited to establish enterprise-wide application implementations for largest Health Care System in Eastern North Carolina, emphasis on non-clinical business software. Identify and evaluate legacy applications for upgrade or archival procedures. Cost/software reliability analysis for current and future fiscal year purchases. Business Continuity Analyst maintaining documentation, participate and provide feedback for Co Location setups. Responsible for the development documentation implementation and maintenance of the BCP program including governance policies processes and standards. Coordinates BCP disaster recovery (DR) testing and test issues follow-up, as lifecycle activities. Stakeholder support for project implementations. Point of contact for Vendor Management. Communication with vendor to document software issues and enhancement requests. Provide and participate with UT scenarios to confirm pass/fail for Enterprise Applications within the Vidant Health System. PDQ and SCCM testing and deployment of current solutions. Evaluate newly acquired solutions for business and incorporate into Vidant Network Infrastructure. Participates in and manages business continuity planning projects and activities. Contributes to BCP strategy by assisting in the review, development and administration of policies and procedures for BCP, IT, and others as requested. Contributes to the completion of third party service provider business continuity due diligence reviews. Provide Level 3 technical support for applications. Liaison of stakeholders to ensure applications are implemented on time, successful and on budget.
• Analysis of Hospital helicopter and ambulance software determined it unsecure and on unstable platform. Root Cause Analysis performed. Requested upgrade of software and decommission current single workstation solution. Budgeted and secured virtual servers, mobile tablets for real time GPS and thin clients on workstations. Downtime for service dramatically reduced from daily interruption to minor maintenance interruption. Provided stable environment.
• Application lead for software implementation of new 2 million Operations Control Center. Pivotal liaison between Operations and IT to create expansive Control Center consisting of 10 newly configured 65 in monitors to display and capture real time Teletracking and Transfer Center. Incorporated monitored visuals of landing pad and regional locations, collaboration with Telecom to replace phone system in center with latest Cisco devices. Successful completion, delivered on time within budget scope.
• Provided Mobility Solution for Parking and Enforcement. Stakeholders reported losses in Parking revenue due to inability to capture violations in real time. Reviewed/selected Cardinal Tracking with Lync Server capabilities, added mobile devices to parking vehicles with static IPs to connect to network and application. Parking revenue has increased 42% since implementation.
• SWOT methodology used to implement and administrate Disaster Recovery procedures for third party applications, including UT, Vendor Management and Documentation.
- Senior Business /Applications Analyst at Vidant Health
- Technical Support Specialist II at Steptoe and Johnson, LLP
- Senior Business App Analyst at Arent Fox LLP
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts degree - Paralegal Studies
Responsibilities include working collaboratively with the application team members, customers, super users and providers, to support DaVita Medical Group applications. Oversees monitors and maintains information systems and databases for assigned area. Responsible for incident communications, projects, ongoing support of the applications and other associated applications. Also identifies and recommends areas of improvement.
• Assists with the testing of new applications, new components, and upgrades to existing systems and associated applications. Configure application settings per procedures.
• Provides timely, effective, and professional customer support, which may include on-call support per procedure.
• Provides application-troubleshooting support for applications which includes resolving issues or working with additional departments to resolve issues
• Create system specifications from user requirements per procedures and work with finalization of specifications with senior analysts. Ability to bring together functional business specifications with system/application technical capabilities.
• Assists with testing per test plans reference: version upgrades, and any system modifications. Document all outcomes of testing. Monitor all application issues and evaluate and resolve issues as they arise.
• Write and maintain accurate and current documentation regarding application(s) supported by the team. Participate in the maintenance of training materials and disseminate materials to other groups per procedures.
• Monitor and maintain data HL7 transactions interfaced with applications and work to resolve problems as they arise.
• Supports Medecision applications such as Aerial, IExchange, Business Objects and Client Letter:
• Duties include: Function as the Systems Analyst Liaison for the Care Management Department. In charge of monitoring and maintaining the Medicare Advantage member files from BCBS. Ensures that the files are loaded correctly and all issues are addressed concerning the Medicare Advantage members in the Aerial application. Make necessary enhancements to add or maintain functionality of the applications. These changes may include: creating and modifying screens/views, tasking teams, tables, dictionaries, and rules. Administer and maintain application security and access controls including periodic security audits per procedure. Provide other applications maintenance as required.
• Maintains Care Management reports in Business Objects creating new reports and updating existing reports.
• Make necessary enhancements to add or maintain functionality of the application, these changes may include: creating and modifying screens/views, tasking, and rules. Also administer and maintain application security and access controls including periodic security audits per procedure. Provide other applications maintenance as required. Also responsible for timely provisioning of accounts that includes creation, modification and inactivation of accounts for employees and contractors.
• Maintains the Top Down Client letter application which includes creating and maintaining letter templates, attachments and enclosures.
• Supports Allscript EHR:
• Duties include: Make necessary enhancements to add or maintain functionality of the application, these changes may include: creating and modifying screens/views, tasking teams, tables, dictionaries, and rules. Also administer and maintain application security and access controls including periodic security audits per procedure. Provide other applications maintenance as required. Also responsible for timely provisioning of accounts that includes creation, modification and inactivation of accounts for employees and contractors.
• Supports McKesson Flowcast:
• Duties include: Maintain dictionaries, administer and maintain application security and access controls including periodic security audits per procedure. Provide other applications maintenance as required. Also responsible for timely provisioning of accounts that includes creation, modification and inactivation of accounts for employees and contractors.
• Supports additional applications such as: NovaRAD, EndoWorks, and TouchChart
- IT Applications Analyst at DaVita Medical Group
- Claims Specialist at Presbyterian Health Plan
- Configuration Systems Analyst at Lovelace HP
- Claims Research Specialist at Lovelace HP
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts in Business and Management - Business and Management
• Development and enhancement of OrderWave (Order Management System); manage functionality and configuration of the system as well as integrating with other Enterprise systems.
• Manage external vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables.
• Define system requirements based on functional and technical requirements. Help plan and implement actions required to deploy application to production environment.
• Work with other IT Team members to troubleshoot and test functionality specified in design documents.
• Project management, application/system support and provide technical assistance to business users in support of other business applications as assigned.
• Identify opportunities and risks in business processes, applications and systems, and recommend and/or implement enhancements to the same through the application of process changes, applications/systems modifications and implementation of new technologies.
• Build relationships with peers and other teams to achieve objectives, maintain objectivity and give and welcome feedback on technology, design and implementation decisions
• Setup and configuration of devices, printers and other equipment.
• Support IT infrastructure as needed.
- Applications Analyst at Positec USA
- Financial Crimes Specialist at Wells Fargo
- Tech Support/Sales Supervisor at HHGREGG
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Undergraduate Computer Science
• Applications Analyst/Consultant working on OneContent/MPF 17.5.2 Projects.
• Projects involve setting up clients on a cluster environment for OneContent/MPF 17.5.2.
• Contribute to all phases of the project: system build, testing, training, tracking issues and Go-Live support
• Prioritize and escalate issues when appropriate
• Printer Build/Setup
• Documentation creation, troubleshooting issues
• Use knowledge transfer forums to identify and resolve problems
• Managing end users accounts and access
• Create all Cover Letters, Physician Letters, ect for each facility
• Create all Crystal Reports used for reporting for each facility
• Be the Subject Matter Expert for the application during the implementation project Current Applications Include:
• McKesson OneContent (Version 17.5.2)
• SysAdmin (IESA)
• Citrix/Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Office 365
- Applications Analyst II - Consultant at Community Health Systems
- Implementation Consultant at McKesson
- Informatics Management Consultant at Community Health Systems
- Informatics Management Consultant at Community Health Systems
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems