As an applications engineer at Crestron, I am responsible for assisting clients with a wide variety of issues and questions related to the programming, installation and maintenance of their Crestron automation systems. This involves case tracking and follow up to ensure that client’s issues are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Applications Engineer at Crestron Electronics
- Information Technology Consultant at The World Bank (Contractor)
- Management Analyst at Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (Contractor)
- Information Technology Consultant at The World Bank (Contractor)
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's - Biology
As Applications Engineer, I was responsible for architecting technical solutions for a variety of customers in the Oil & Gas Sector. The major area(s) of focus were Distributed Control System, Power Management Systems and Safety Instrumented System for Offshore /Onshore Oil Production units. The major offerings from ABB suite were Control System including Signal Processing Units, FPGA/Microprocessor based application specific CPUs and related communication units for overall management of a process plant.
- Applications Engineer at ABB Limited
- Design Engineer at ABB
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Engineering (Micro-architecture and VLSI System Design)
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics & Power Systems)
As a Level 2 Applications Engineer, I supported 200+ clients operating the Optanix Platform, but particularly enterprise clients including JPMC, H&M, and Bank of America. My duties included the following: Performing routine quality assurance checks on client platforms to ensure proper and consistent functionality. Documenting, reviewing, and assessing tickets and cases for client platforms, particularly supporting junior engineers. Acting as a technical escalation point for both clients, supervisors, and junior engineers relating to LAMP stack and proprietary product knowledge; coaching junior engineers and helping them develop their technical and team-based skills. Designing and maintaining custom scripted solutions using Perl/PHP/bash for administrative problems including remote backup, database configuration automation, and remote device monitoring. Maintaining and fostering effective client communications, especially providing empathy for client needs.
- Applications Engineer at Optanix
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Information Systems
Senior Applications Engineer and Project Manager for Turnkey projects for Morris South customers. Project Manager and Lead Engineer for multiple multi-million dollar projects, including a 2 machine cell turnkey that included foreign travel and project management. Independently providing onsite management of resources for installation of projects and successful runoff of at customers' facilities. Interact directly with customer and suppliers to develop a project schedule to fit customer's production requirements. Responsible for maintaining the project schedule and costs to ensure completion on time and under budget. Responsible for Process and Tooling selection for all parts on all cells, oversaw the work holding design and manufacturing. Completed installation of all work holding on machines. Completed programming for all operations using Esprit CAM software or MasterCam. Provided onsite management of all resources for installation and successful runoff of at customers' facility for a period of 6 months' time on the multiple cell machine project. During this time I worked directly with the customer and customer's suppliers to maintain the project schedule and meet customer's production demands. Provided Project management and engineering support for machining cells installed in different customer's manufacturing facilities including locations in Wujaing China. For the China projects I selected tooling, completed programing and completed runoff of Morris supplied machines for this multi-national project. Successfully worked with multiple vendors from other machine tool builders.Continued applications engineering support working with Okuma, Hardinge and other machine tools. Providing onsite operator training and part processing, programming, lean manufacturing initiatives and other general manufacturing engineering support to Morris customers. Provide relevant engineering solutions to the sales staff, on selection of machine model and optional equipment to fit customer's specific applications, time studies for pre-sales projects. Worked as a mentor in training of new applications engineers at Morris South and other Morris group distributors, with limited oversight of new Morris South employee's specific job tasks. Provided onsite training and support for other Morris Group distributor's employees when required, to bring overall group training to a higher level.
- Senior Applications Engineer/Applications Engineer at Morris South
- Tooling Engineer / Tool and Die Maker at Daimler Trucks NA, LLC
- Computer Numerical Control Machining Instructor at Daimler Trucks NA, LLC
- Defense Message Systems Specialist at United States Marine Corps
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- AAS - General Technology
As an applications engineer, I am responsible for providing our sales teams and customers with technical knowledge of the products we offer and to help guide them through their inquiries, ensuring that the correct equipment is supplied. How this is achieved begins with listening to the customer, understanding their needs and creating a list of tasks to complete. Often times these discussions evolve into lab experiments and even onsite testing needed to showcase wether or not our products are viable for the intended application. Skills in this area :
• Application analysis of products for best customer use.
• Provides technical aid to sales groups.
• Prepares training programs for stakeholders.
• Creates customer facing technical powerpoint presentations.
• Works with interdisciplinary global teams.
• Troubleshoot issues seen by customers.
• Gathering product data through extensive research and testing.
• Creates and maintains technical guidelines and data sheets.
• Part design using SolidWorks.
• Builds prototypes and designs new concepts for 3D printing/Injection molding.
• Test new molded samples for feedback to manufacturing and stake holders.
• Plans and executes experiments for research/innovation.
• Use and understanding of pneumatic and electro-pneumatic components.
- Applications Engineer at SULZER MIXPAC
- Staff Engineer at Fire Equipment Inc
4 years at this Job
- Associate - Engineering Science
- High school
As an applications engineer I responsible for technical support activities between
customers, manufacturer’s representatives and distributors within North America. At RECOM, I have benefited by learning about modular power supplies and the electronics industry. Below is a list of my general responsibilities.
• Work with customers to develop customer specific solutions.
• Maintain daily technical inquiries from design engineers, sales managers and distributors.
• Comply with customer’s request for approval and certificate documents (UL, CSA, IEC, EN)
• Troubleshoot, maintain and communicate failure analysis reports.
• Collaboration with engineering team in Europe with respect to new and existing market trends
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks
- Applications Engineer at RECOM Power Inc.
- Volunteer Math Tutor at The Learning Collaborative
- Server at Outback Steakhouse
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
Shop Fabricator (TIG, MIG, CNC & Hand Plasma, Mills & Lathe), PLC Programmer, Service Technician. I have recently been promoted to a Applications Engineer.
- Applications Engineer at Ellitek .llc
- Automated Systems Specialist at International Machine Technology
- Assembly Technician at International Machine Technology
- Service & Installation Technician at Larry Altman Drilling
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certificate - Software & Hardware Training
- Certification - Computer Information Systems
Responsibilities Senior Applications Engineer. Manage assigned contract bids, proposals, grant applications, and other projects. Establish priorities, determine processes, serve as principal liaison with in-house experts in selected departments and strategic partners for proposals. Plan, facilitate, and follow-up on proposal debriefs, prepare oral presentations and prospective client site visits. Assist Engineering and Test Departments as needed Skills Used Mathematical Modeling, Microsoft Office Products, AutoCAD
- Senior Applications Engineer at Proton OnSite
- Senior Applications Engineer / Proposals Manager at Yardney Technical Products / Lithion Division
- Ship Rigger / Security Officer / Historic Interpreter at Mystic Seaport
- Principle Instructor of Electronics & Mathematics at Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Computer Science / Mathematics
- Associates - Electrical Engineering
Dedicated Field Applications Engineer for direct accounts with a concentration on power conversion (AC/DC, DC/DC), sensors (radar, pressure, microphone) and discrete components (MOSFETS, TVS).
• Increased recognition, establishment and acceptance of Infineon as a provider of sensor solutions at major customers by doing technical trainings such as "lunch and learns".
• Increased number of products designed-in by supporting and aiding customer design efforts. Educated engineers on both the technology and it's applicability to their applications.
• Increased content on the rest of board with products from other Infineon product lines by understanding customer needs and providing a complete solution.
• Became a trusted partner in the design efforts at high profile customers.
- Staff Field Applications Engineer at Infineon
- Senior Field Applications Engineer at Semtech
- Engineering Manager at Convertor Concepts
- Senior Analog Design Engineer at Vari-Lite
3 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Working as Hardware Applications Engineer for telecom products (eg. 5G base station processor). Products/boards bring up & customer support Test automation with Labview DDR3/DDR4 system analysis, debug & trouble shooting Schematic/layout review PCIe, USB, I2C, SPI High Speed Scope & Logic Analyzer Cadence Allegro Mentor Hyperlynx
- Hardware Applications Engineer at Intel
- Electrical Engineer at Arbin Instruments
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering