As Aquatics Director, I am responsible for managing the life guarding staff and swim lesson program as well as teaching multiple aqua fitness classes. Included in these duties are keeping my costs for staffing within a specified budget, leading monthly training sessions and hiring of life guards and swim instructors.
- Aquatics Director at University Fitness Center
- Operations Manager/Senior Accountant at The Trivia Factory
- Seasonal Tax Preparer at The Trivia Factory
- Accountant at West Fraser, Inc
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Accounting
for Manatee County Oversee the Aquatics Department at two separate branch locations. Provides excellent customer service to all patrons. Responsible for day-to-day general administration of the Aquatic Department including staff supervision, hiring and training scheduling of staff, budgeting, expense control, payroll, income generation, program development, community relations and collaborations. The Aquatics Director also provides direction and leadership for the achievement of Association goals in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards established by the Board. The Aquatics Director ensures that all safety and risk management procedures are followed. Fitness Coach/Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor Motivates and educates fitness members. Integrates the mission of the YMCA and follows the core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility into the healthy living aspect of job response-abilities. Takes professional initiative to promote personal training, clinics and all wellness related opportunities. Establishes a healthy emotional environment to impact adherence. Offers inform-ation on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Aquatics Director at MANATEE COUNTY YMCA
- Adjunct Professor at SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY @ Bayside College
- Residential Counselor at SARASOTA YMCA YOUTH SHELTER
- Care Coordinator at BAYSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Arts in Human Relations - Human Relations
- Master of Arts
• Increase enrollment through advertisement, referrals and new program implementations
• Develop and implement safety programs
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the business
• Lead sales and marketing events of all programs; coordinate advertising
• Supervise back office operations; invoicing, scheduling
• Actively participate in the maintenance and physical operation of the facility, pool chemistry, cleaning process and schedules, pup room maintenance
• Teaching swim lesson
• Coordinate, schedule and setup of special events
• Develop retail inventory control process
• Training swim instructor
• Manager/Swim Instructor/Private lesson/Teaching special needs private lessons
• Training staff in CPR and First Aid
• CPR recertification of lifeguard and staff
• Hiring Staff
• Managing the Typhoons swim team
• Running all in-services for swim instructor and lifeguards
• Running safety around water programs for every 2 grade class in the Hamden public school
- Aquatics Director at Hamden/North Haven YMCA
- Swim School Director at Wings Over Water
- Office Manager/Deck Manager at Bear Paddle Swim School
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing
Director of all aquatics programs and departments including swim team, swim lessons, pool maintenance, adult water fitness, and lifeguards
- Aquatics Director at YMCA of Alaska
- Head Coach, Swimming & Diving at West Anchorage High School
- Accounts Payable Manager at SwimAmerica
- Youth leadership under the guidance of the head coach at SwimAmerica
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History
● Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
● Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
● Responsible for recruiting, scheduling and supervising (in consultation with Aquatic Director) of all lifeguard and instructor personnel.
● Work with Aquatic Director to develop, oversee and monitor Aquatics budget.
● Work with supervisor in the planning and scheduling of program facilities for the smooth functioning of daily operations.
● Work to review staff, class, and pool scheduling.
● Work closely with the Aquatic Director in the execution of the Instructional swim programs.
● Teach and/or guard as needed, up to 20 hours per week.
● Be available to assist with registration and answer questions from members, program participants and staff.
● Provide on-going training and development of aquatic personnel.
● Maintain concise records essential for control, evaluation and reporting to committees, Board and Aquatics Director.
● Participate in staff meetings as a member of the branch management team.
● Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind and spirit and character values for all.
- Assistant Aquatics Director at YMCA of Greater Boston
- Intern at Cutler Health Center
- Server, Kitchen Expo, Hostess at Kobe Ninja House
- Retail Sales Associate at The Haul Over
3 months at this Job
- B.S. in Kinesiology and Physical Education - Kinesiology and Physical Education- Exercise Science Concentration
Sports Director: As a sports Director I developed, organized, delivered and administered sports leagues, tournaments, recreation programs, activities and awards for assigned branch. I planed, organized, scheduled, and directed all games, facilities, officials, and scorekeepers for YMCA sports and activities. I Actively researched new sports programs and activities targeted toward youth and adults. I recruited, hired on-board, trained, developed and supervised sport team members. I Ensured a high level of customer service for all program participants. I prepared and managed the program budget to ensure revenue and program service goals are achieved. I served as a member of the branch management team performing specific duties which support the overall success of branch operations. Aquatics Director: I recruited, trained and directed volunteer leaders and employees. I maintained current CPR/AED , Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, Oxygen administration, YMCA Lifeguard and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certifications. Developed the annual operating objectives and plans for program responsibilities. Prepared the annual income and expense budget for the Aquatic Department and assigned area(s) of responsibility. Administered the budget and exercised necessary controls to assure operations are carried out in a balanced fiscal position. Recruited, hired, trained, supervised, and evaluated all staff relative to program responsibilities.Conducted all appropriate staff training and meetings. Planed, promoted, and directed all aquatic programs. Planed, promoted, and directed preschool, progressive, and senior aquatic programs. Actively recruit and market new program offerings.
- Sports & Aquatics Director at Middletown Area YMCA
- Sport Coordinator at i9sports
- Lifeguard / Swim Instructor at Mercy Healthplex
- Middle school Wrestling Coach at Hamilton City Schools
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sport Administration
- Associate - Pre-Sport Administration
- High school Diploma
Worked as an aquatics director with the Girl Scouts of Suffolk county summer camp in Yaphank.
- Aquatics Director at Girl Scouts of Suffolk County
- Financial Assistant at Nissan
- Lifeguard (Seasonal) at Village of Babylon
2 months at this Job
- None - Business
• Scheduling of day to day activities in the aquatics department.
• Scheduling and supervising 20 to 50 lifeguards and swim instructors,
• Maintaining all certifications for department employess.
• Training classes for all lifeguards, swim instructors, along with training multiple departments in CPR, AED, & basic first aid,
• Setting the yearly budget for the aquatics department, and adhering to it.
• Preparing and approving departments timesheets to be send to payroll company
• Marketing and Advertising for offered classes and programs.
- Aquatics Director at Cole Center Family YMCA
- at Cole Center Family YMCA
- Swim Instructor and Life Guard and Team Leader, Water Aerobics Instructor at Cole Center Family YMCA
- Payroll Clerk at Lily of the Valley Floral
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Accounting - Accounting
Function as the department head for the City of Leander Aquatics Department. Essential duties include; meeting with the Parks and Rec Board of Directors, meeting with Chamber of Commerce, attending weekly progress report meetings with my superiors, budgeting for my department based on money granted by the city, department money management, performing staff evaluations, creating SOPs, approving timesheets, coordinating events, scheduling, creating programs to bring in additional revenue, hiring and firing employees, and ensuring our facilities are up to legal code.
- Aquatics Director at City of Leander
- Lifeguard Instructor/Pool Manager at City of Austin Aquatics Dept
- Pool Manager at Brushy Creek MUD
1 year at this Job
- - Government
- - Computer Science
Operated and Managed Aquatics Department providing customer service and safety to the membership with a staff of 40 to 70 employees (depending on the season). Also responsible for creating and implementing the Risk Management Program for all areas and personnel of the YMCA facilities.
- Aquatics Director at Licking County Family YMCA
- Installation Technician of networking tools at Brenelle Group Corporation
- Image Department Manager at R.R. Donnelly
9 years at this Job